carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suchi|1462101757|4025742 said:
Next up, a cute little nataraja pendent.

Suchi: Wonderful new pieces!! I'd love to see a neck shot!

Thanks for sharing.

cheers--Sharon

Suchi

Rough_Rock
Thanks Sharon :) here is a neck shot with the nataraja pendent

img_20160507_192656.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suchi|1462101603|4025741 said:
Want to share some new pieces I recently got :)
A traditional Indian Bengali style set in 22k gold.

Wow, Suchi. I just saw this. Your new jewelry is simply incredible. Beyond words. Thank you for sharing it. I am speechless.

Deb :wavey:

suchinecklace.jpg

Suchi

Rough_Rock
Thanks Deb :) it's in the locker now, but will try to take it out and post a neckshot in the weekend

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suchi|1462792489|4029222 said:
Thanks Deb :) it's in the locker now, but will try to take it out and post a neckshot in the weekend

I will look for it, Suchi!
Thank you!

Hugs,

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully, I'll be here at the end of June to post a pair of 22K bangles. I told DH that I plan to by a matching pair when we head to Asia this summer since I have lots of bracelets and not a single bangle. :devil: He just looked at me and gave a sigh of inevitable defeat.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1462883738|4029716 said:
Hopefully, I'll be here at the end of June to post a pair of 22K bangles. I told DH that I plan to by a matching pair when we head to Asia this summer since I have lots of bracelets and not a single bangle. :devil: He just looked at me and gave a sigh of inevitable defeat.

Hehehe ;))

Suchi

Rough_Rock
That's the same reaction I get from my husband by merely mentioning 'jewelry' have no idea how to train him up :lol:

Suchi

Rough_Rock
Just to show how the necklace sits, here is a very funny pic of me wearing the necklace with offc cloths, looking totally out of place. These pieces are to be worn with sarees and other traditional ethnic dresses

img_20160511_105059.jpg

Suchi

Rough_Rock
And here is another 22k ring with filigree work. Please ignore the chipped nails

img_20160511_105331.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word!!!Those pieces are gorgeous. You look like a princess in that necklace, Suchi!

Suchi

Rough_Rock
Thanks Deb :angel:
I have been searching for some plain 18k hoops in hammerred texture and some plain hammerred stacking rings in gold / sterling silver, but it seems hammerred gold isn't available here :wall:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suchi|1463106602|4031063 said:
Thanks Deb :angel:
I have been searching for some plain 18k hoops in hammerred texture and some plain hammerred stacking rings in gold / sterling silver, but it seems hammerred gold isn't available here :wall:

Can you buy some from an Etsy vendor? I know one, Karen Wickman, who will do anything in gold of any reasonably high karatage. I assume that you could also find a pair already made on Etsy, though. Many vendors ship internationally. I got some beautiful handmade silk items (my first Etsy purchases) from Latvia and I just ordered a handmade wicker basket from Bosnia-Herzogovina for my gardening tools!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Gorgeousness to the max! :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suchi:

How wonderful you look! Thanks for sharing!

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1463162170|4031327 said:
How wonderful you look! Thanks for sharing!

I know...I keep wondering how any sari could be more becoming!!! (But, please, Suchi, feel free to model the necklace with a sari for us!) You look wonderful in pink. Do you wear pink saris? ;))

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suchi|1463106602|4031063 said:

Suchi,

I mentioned Etsy to you. I went and looked for "18K solid gold hammered hoops". There were a lot of earrings already made and a lot of vendors who made earrings in that style who could whip up a pair for you. Here are just two example of the wide variety available. I love looking for jewelry.

Hugs,

etsyhoopearrings18k.jpg

etsyhoopearrings18ka.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Suchi, you might check this designer/brand out for "hammered" gold and silver....

http://www.ippolita.com/

cheers--Sharon

Suchi

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone :) :angel: but in the pic i posted, it isnt a sari....its known as a salwar kameez. Yes, i love pink, here is a pic of me in a sari, this picture also has some high karat gold......and yes.....rushing to see all the links posted :angel: need some hammered bands :dance: :dance: :dance:

pic_s.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suchi|1463420200|4032322 said:
Thanks everyone :) :angel: but in the pic i posted, it isnt a sari....its known as a salwar kameez. Yes, i love pink, here is a pic of me in a sari, this picture also has some high karat gold....

First of all, you look gorgeous in the picture, Suchi. You are a stunning woman even without the clothing and the jewels, but they really set off your beauty.

Second of all, I never asked you what country you hail from, Suchi. Would you like to share that? Several countries in South Asia have similar clothing and jewelry and I am not expert enough to tell the difference amongst them. I live in a very cosmopolitan area in the United States. When my daughter was three years ol she started pre-school and was in a class with about 8 children. The two little girls with whom she became friendly were both from international families. As happens, at least here in the suburban United States, we mothers became friends because our daughters wanted to play together. I was the only person out of the six of us who made up the three couples who were parents parents who was born in the United States!

As I said, I was born here in the Us, but my husband is Italian. One little girl, M., was the daughter of an Italian mother (who like my husband was from northern Italy and, like my husband, had a classical Italian education. She had come to the United States for college and had a Ph.D. in some esoteric form of micro-biology. She was married to an man from Indian who had a Ph.D. in physics. The other little girl, Z, had Pakistani parents. They were British citizens when they first arrived here, though. Her mother had been a solicitor in London and her father was an investment banker. He had also studied to become (and had become) a psychoanalyst, however. They travelled frequently to Pakistan and it was from them that I learned what a salwar kameez was. I thought, in fact, that it was a Pakistani form of dress. I thought that the sari was the only formal dress worn by women in India. When I went on-line today it appeared that the salwar kameez is worn in both India and Pakistan (and perhaps in Bangladesh and other countries, as well.)

At any rate, my friend bought home some gorgeous outfits from Pakistan for my daughter when she was little. I would tell her what colors I liked and when she returned from a trip she would tell me the (incredibly low) cost of some gorgeous outfit. Unfortunately I did not have a lot of occasions on which to dress my daughter in the outfits and she would soon grow out of them, but they were fun and pretty.

Suchi

Rough_Rock
I am from India, from eastern part of India- Bengal. And yes, people in India and Pakistan are a lot alike, pre 1947, it was one country, and hence tastes in dressing, language, food etc are mostly similar

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suchi|1463452099|4032531 said:
I am from India, from eastern part of India- Bengal. And yes, people in India and Pakistan are a lot alike, pre 1947, it was one country, and hence tastes in dressing, language, food etc are mostly similar

I believe that Western Bengal has succeeded in asserting the right to use the Bengali language rather than Hindi or Urdu, now, however. I do not know very much about this, although language fascinates me, but I know that people who speak Hindi and Urdu can understand each other perfectly. It is only in the written form that the two languages differ. I believe that Urdu is written in the Arabic alphabet. (My daughter's friend 's Italian mother studied Hindi in order to speak to her husband's family.)

The Bengali language appears to have had a more difficult road to acceptance, although it has now won its rightful place since it is a recognized official language of Pakistan; India; and the United Nations as well as the official language of Bangladesh (Eastern Bengal).

I would appreciate anything you can teach us about this, although it certainly isn't your obligation! We are in this thread to discuss gold, not language!!!

Hugs,
Deb
(((Suchi)))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suchi|1463420200|4032322 said:
Thanks everyone :) :angel: but in the pic i posted, it isnt a sari....its known as a salwar kameez. Yes, i love pink, here is a pic of me in a sari, this picture also has some high karat gold....

Suchi, I failed to mention that I noticed the lovely henna work on your hands. Earlier in this thread we had a discussion of henna after one of our members, rosetta, got married and shared her wedding photos with us. If you have any more, please give them up. I, for one, love to see them!

Deb

suchiineveningwear.jpg

Suchi

Rough_Rock
Hey thanks Deb :angel: actually in India there are so many languages, the official language is Hindi. Bengali is my native language and yes, Google says it's one of the top 10 spoken languages in the world. I will search my wedding pics and post a henna pic dis weekend.

Hugs.

Suchi

Rough_Rock
Deb, attaching a pic from my SIL's wedding files for her henna designs.

img_31363036039021.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suchi|1463725711|4033900 said:
Deb, attaching a pic from my SIL's wedding files for her henna designs.

Oh, Suchi! So incredible! We also had a thread a while ago in Hangout (another Pricescope forum) about henna. I may have to post another link from that thread to this one. That photo you posted is amazing. The painstaking work involved in something temporary is simply incredible. Thank you so much for sharing! (And do you have any more photos hidden away of anyone?) Or are you saying you will post pictures of yourself as a bride? (swoon)

Suchi

Rough_Rock
In my wedding, the henna was a disaster. I am from Bengal and here we dont apply henna during marriage. However, my DH was from northern part of the country, where henna is like a must. I had a hard time searching for a henna artist and just after she had finished applying the henna, i forgot about keeping still and applying lemon juice and sugar, and got the entire design smudged. Its a time taking process, to apply the bridal henna (2 hands till elbows and feet and legs till knees) it takes anywhere between 3-5 hours.

Here's a link of henna designs that you may like :angel:

http://www.designsmag.com/100-beautiful-mehndi-henna-hand-art-designs/

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suchi|1463933232|4034794 said:
In my wedding, the henna was a disaster. I am from Bengal and here we dont apply henna during marriage. However, my DH was from northern part of the country, where henna is like a must. I had a hard time searching for a henna artist and just after she had finished applying the henna, i forgot about keeping still and applying lemon juice and sugar, and got the entire design smudged. Its a time taking process, to apply the bridal henna (2 hands till elbows and feet and legs till knees) it takes anywhere between 3-5 hours.

Suchi:

I enjoyed your story and the wonderful pictures of the Henna. Thanks for sharing!

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suchi|1463933232|4034794 said:

I am sorry that your henna did not turn out the way you wished for your wedding, Suchi! It might not have been your dream to have henna as a bride, but I am sure that you wanted it to look great for your husband and your new in-laws!

The photos you posted were wonderful. I have seen a lot of beautiful henna designs, but I do not believe that I have ever seen any in lavender before. I think that all the previous henna designs showed up as either black or red. Not only did you have at least one lavender design, but you had a number that incorporated jewels. They were simply spectacular! Thank you so much for sharing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results