color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1376615547|3504098 said:
HI:

I have been interested in "gold beads". Vacillated between new Tiffany, vintage Tiffany, and new--custom 24K elsewhere.

Not for the lack of trying to find a vintage, matched, Tiffany 18K "bead" necklace and bracelet. Even to find a new set, together, has been daunting. Therefore....I have gone the 24K custom route. It's been a while but not in the least disappointing. I went to my fav jeweller in "Chinatown". Family business, second generation. Long standing association. I adore them, and they tolerate me.

My 24K, 24 inch--custom 6mm bead necklace is delicious. Beautifully made. And well worth the wait.

24 inches around my neck. Or a pearl shortener to 15 inches...plus. In addition, I can wrap the necklace to my wrist, 3 revolutions. It is a bit large, but kinda sexy to have the beads...draping. Yes.

And will this jeweler take orders from other Pricescopers if we just have to have similar sets of gold beads now that he knows how to make these gold bead necklaces? You'd better hurry up with those photos!!!

Deb
:lickout:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats, Sharon!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

New "gold beads" as my DH kindly calls them...... :bigsmile:

p8172204.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I have died and gone to gold heaven!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Focus on the beads, not the neck! :-o

p8172206.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thanks Rosebloom!

To restate, the necklace is beautifully made....much more secure and well designed over the Tiffany piece. I discussed this above 7 months ago...Chinese New Year? I was in no rush. At any rate, well worth the wait and in all fairness, I was out of the country almost a month.

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Sharon. They are simply exquisite. And I mean really exquisite. They are divine. I have never seen such lovely gold beads. I love them both as a necklace and as a bracelet. It is clear that they were executed by a master. I know that I will be coming back to look at these photos again and again. Because I will have it, someplace in my mind, that I might be able to get a similar necklace made someday. Do you think your jeweler would ever do the job again? (Not soon for me! But someday.)

Wear them joyously and in good health!

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
absolutely exquisite, Sharon! sometimes it just takes a bit of time to get it right the first time............and you did get it right! looks great on you, too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1376791577|3505074 said:
Wow, Sharon. They are simply exquisite. And I mean really exquisite. They are divine. I have never seen such lovely gold beads. I love them both as a necklace and as a bracelet. It is clear that they were executed by a master. I know that I will be coming back to look at these photos again and again. Because I will have it, someplace in my mind, that I might be able to get a similar necklace made someday. Do you think your jeweler would ever do the job again? (Not soon for me! But someday.)

Hugs,
Deb

HI Deb:

Thanks for the kind words. They look very luxe, no? I must admit they are more delightful than I imagined.

I can't see why they would not make more beads for anyone who asked. In fact before I wrapped the bracelet around my wrist, I commissioned a separate bracelet to be made. I've put that on hold since this works well. And I have another 24 k bracelet should I want a set, albeit not a matching set.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1376838094|3505302 said:
absolutely exquisite, Sharon! sometimes it just takes a bit of time to get it right the first time............and you did get it right! looks great on you, too.

HI:

Thanks MZ for your compliments!! :))

cheers--Sharon

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is gorgeous!

The only thing I would consider changing is the clasp - a beautiful 24k granulated clasp would be exquisite.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1376847184|3505410 said:
That is gorgeous!

The only thing I would consider changing is the clasp - a beautiful 24k granulated clasp would be exquisite.

HI LD:

Thanks! Can you provide me an example of the clasp you refer to? I have never heard of that type of clasp....

cheres--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1376839302|3505325 said:

Thanks for the kind words. They look very luxe, no? I must admit they are more delightful than I imagined.

I can't see why they would not make more beads for anyone who asked. In fact before I wrapped the bracelet around my wrist, I commissioned a separate bracelet to be made. I've put that on hold since this works well. And I have another 24 k bracelet should I want a set, albeit not a matching set.

They are very luxe, Sharon! And, unlike MZ, I neglected to say how fine you looked in the beads! You have a lovely shape, and are very young and slim and firm with beautiful skin, no matter what your protestations to the contrary. You are a perfect model for the beads and a huge part of causing my mouth to water for them, I am sure!!!

Deb

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1376856066|3505487 said:
canuk-gal|1376839302|3505325 said:

They are very luxe, Sharon! And, unlike MZ, I neglected to say how fine you looked in the beads! You have a lovely shape, and are very young and slim and firm with beautiful skin, no matter what your protestations to the contrary. You are a perfect model for the beads and a huge part of causing my mouth to water for them, I am sure!!!

Deb

Deb:

I cannot tell you how kind your comments are that made me feel so good! My adult son just turned 20 and some most days I feel (and appear) haggard. Thank you for pointing out, I just might be doing "something" right! :wavey:

Hugs.

Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Canuk-gal, thanks for the heads up and the reminder. I have been meaning to post these. Sorry, I forgot there was this thread.

The following are my 24 carat gold pieces that I would probably wear, vs the ones that stay in the safe deposit box. Gotta admit that wearing the heavier sets for more the 4-5 hours causes me to start getting a headache. I think it's the pressure on the neck. (no joke)

The gold leaf choker is from Just Gold. I received it 15 years ago for my wedding and it's still being sold in the classics collection. I recently saw it for sale when I went back to Hong Kong. It lays very nicely, although a bit heavy.

gold_leaf_1.jpg
gold_leaf_3.png gold_leaf_2.jpg

Also choker length, on my daughter. I guess she'll be getting this someday. Have the bracelet and and earrings.
crosses_1.jpg
crosses_set.jpg
crosses_set_close_up.jpg

Not from Just Gold. Rather, local goldsmiths...
Simple rope necklace that I can wear on its own.
rope_close_up.jpg
rope_on.jpg

Simple gold bangle
bangle_close_up.jpg
bangle_1_close_up.jpg

Bead set
bead_set_close_up.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh SHARON, that came out GREAT! Congrats on the beads...I LOVE them. :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
LLJsMom - what a collection!!! I would love to see a neck shot of that first choker. The design is so beautiful.

Sharon - the beads just look better and better each time I come visit this thread. Which is at least a dozen times since you posted them! Absolute perfection. Will you ever later them with other pieces (maybe one of your MC2 necklaces?)?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh...came here to get my fix of high karat gold and am happy that this thread is still alive and chugging along. :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1376892049|3505776 said:
Hi Canuk-gal, thanks for the heads up and the reminder. I have been meaning to post these. Sorry, I forgot there was this thread.

The following are my 24 carat gold pieces that I would probably wear, vs the ones that stay in the safe deposit box. Gotta admit that wearing the heavier sets for more the 4-5 hours causes me to start getting a headache. I think it's the pressure on the neck. (no joke)

The gold leaf choker is from Just Gold. I received it 15 years ago for my wedding and it's still being sold in the classics collection. I recently saw it for sale when I went back to Hong Kong. It lays very nicely, although a bit heavy.

gold_leaf_1.jpg
gold_leaf_3.png gold_leaf_2.jpg

Also choker length, on my daughter. I guess she'll be getting this someday. Have the bracelet and and earrings.
crosses_1.jpg
crosses_set.jpg
crosses_set_close_up.jpg

Not from Just Gold. Rather, local goldsmiths...
Simple rope necklace that I can wear on its own.
rope_close_up.jpg
rope_on.jpg

Simple gold bangle
bangle_close_up.jpg
bangle_1_close_up.jpg

Bead set
bead_set_close_up.jpg

HI:

What you have shown is gorgeous---I can only imagine what is locked away! :love: I noticed you have yummy beads also; and your leaf necklace is my fav of what you posted.

Wear them in health!

P.S. I am Canadian.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1376896562|3505793 said:
Ooh SHARON, that came out GREAT! Congrats on the beads...I LOVE them. :appl:
HI TG:

Thank you! Hope you are enjoying your yellow pieces--they are addicting!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon - the beads just look better and better each time I come visit this thread. Which is at least a dozen times since you posted them! Absolute perfection. Will you ever later them with other pieces (maybe one of your MC2 necklaces?)?[/quote]

RB:

I don't think so. The gold necklace from Mc2 is really delicate and I think it would be lost next to the heavy gold beads.

Incidentally, I wore the pair of Mc2 pieces together almost daily while lately in Maui. Usually I added my Sydney Evans black gold and sapphire star with it and I thought it looked cool. Those Mc2 purchases were very good pieces to buy--they are versatile.

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
LLJ, I love Love LOVE that first necklace and the simple rope! I like the others as well but for me its those two that are "me"........
nice collection!

yes, Sharon, you are definitely doing something right!!!!!!!!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Canuck Gal, those are simply stunning! I die. :love: And there is nothing wrong with your nice neck.
Please do share the name of the goldsmith/jeweller. I'm occasionally in your town and would love to stop by this shop.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JaneSmith|1376949860|3506177 said:
Canuck Gal, those are simply stunning! I die. :love: And there is nothing wrong with your nice neck.
Please do share the name of the goldsmith/jeweller. I'm occasionally in your town and would love to stop by this shop.

HI:

With pleasure, although there are no more beads in the shop to view...as I have them all! :bigsmile: (custom piece...but are able to make/obtain other pieces from HK).

Chuk Kam Fine Jewellery
Dragon City Mall. Calgary, AB.
Raymond Wu, GG (GIA). ( [email protected] )

cheers--Sharon

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! :))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1376929788|3505997 said:
LLJ, I love Love LOVE that first necklace and the simple rope! I like the others as well but for me its those two that are "me"........
nice collection!

yes, Sharon, you are definitely doing something right!!!!!!!!

Hi Movie zombie, thanks, I am liking my rope necklace more and more these days. I can't believe I let it sit around for 15 years. And thanks for the heads up about the Bulgari exhibit. I'm definitely gonna see it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1376785411|3505026 said:
HI:

New "gold beads" as my DH kindly calls them...... :bigsmile:

Hi canuk-gal, that's a smart way to wear them. Those beads are pretty awesome!! :appl: :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon - the beads just look better and better each time I come visit this thread. Which is at least a dozen times since you posted them! Absolute perfection. Will you ever later them with other pieces (maybe one of your MC2 necklaces?)?[/quote]

HI:

Speaking of layering, I did so...on my wrist. I wore the beads, a flat, wide, 24K bracelet, and my rose gold Tiffany Gehry torque bangle. The rose gold was noticeably "pink" and look very well together (if I do say so MYSELF :cheeky: ).

cheers--Sharon

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Pictures please! Sounds stunning.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous new necklace, Sharon!!! :love:

LLJsmom...wow, what a beautiful collection you have! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results