shape
carat
color
clarity

Close up pictures of the Cartier mansion

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
http://www.flickr.com/photos/emilio_guerra/4803780966/

(Click on the Cartier mansion and click on "newer" four times to see four more pictures)

Short story, this used to be Morton Plant's mansion. Henry Plant built a railroad and chose Tampa, FL as the terminus. This decision is credited with the growth of Tampa as one of the largest metropolitan areas in the country today. I was born in Tampa.

Therefore, I have decided it makes sense that I get something from Cartier soon.

(I know! I"m making this up as I go along! I just want my ring already! I might get it in January after the holiday rush is over as there isn't time to get it before Christmas. :cheeky: )

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It is a gorgeous place. I'd love to know 1) what the front door, etc., looked like in Plant's day & 2) how the inside was.

Pics of your ring when you get it, Danny!!!

--- Laurie

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Laurie, right now I have this kind of dysfunctional Samsung cellphone with a not very good camera that I don't even know how to hook up to the internet and in January I won't have access to SO's iPhone.

However, I am seriously contemplating having the box, with the white paper and red seal, the inner box, and the ring, including a picture of the ring, and a picture of the profile of the ring professionally photographed, to enable me to post pictures.

I might get other pieces of jewelry someday, but this ring, as a ring, is a once in a lifetime event for me.

So, yes. I will do everything possible to post pictures for you. :))

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1292933964|2802645 said:
It is a gorgeous place. I'd love to know 1) what the front door, etc., looked like in Plant's day & 2) how the inside was.

--- Laurie

Yes, and his wife sold it for a pearl necklace. Imagine that!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Danny, I didn't realize you were getting a Cartier ring! how exciting! Have you shared any details on it in a thread I may have missed??!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
oooh...beautiful! Classic and very fluid-like! Love the Cartier etching on the inside! ;)) There is something about Cartier that gives off the warm fuzzy feeling! Enjoy it and happy holidays!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results