shape
carat
color
clarity

Charmbracelets?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Where is a good place to get a charm bracelet? Would you recommend sterling silver or white gold?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love charm bracelets!!! I have one in yellow gold, as does my daughter. My father and I just started one for my niece (his grandaughter) in sterling silver for her high school graduation. The charm I bought (and had engraved with my niece's high school initials) does not fit the bracelet, though. (It is not a Tiffany charm, you see. Tiffany's had not had the kind of graduation charm I wanted.) My niece is currently deciding whether to put the charm on a chain so that she can wear it as a necklace or to have it adapted to the charm bracelet.

I had assured my niece that she could exchange the bracelet which my father had given her (as it was from Tiffany's) but when she had seen all their bracelets, she refused to give up the one she had! Her mother said that now she would be in the position of only being able to receive charms from close family members since no one else was about to go out and buy he a Tiffany charm to fit her bracelet!

There are some other Pricescope threads on charm bracelets; I will try to post the links for those!

Gold Charm Bracelets and Charms
Show me your charm bracelets!
James Avery Heart Charm Bracelet
Murano Glass, Sterling and Gold Charm Bracelets

AGBF
34.gif

sgclavenna

Rough_Rock
I highly recommend James Avery. I am from TX, and they are THE source here for great charm bracelets. I have 3, and their quality and longevity is exceptional (one bracelet has about 7 or 8 charms, the others 25 or more). There are a variety of styles and lengths, and tons of charms to choose from (or you can use your own).

And as a lover of white metal jewelry, I recommend silver. One the cost is better, two the weight is usually a bit lighter, and if you end up with tons of charms, you''ll want to consider you''re not carrying around an extra 5 pounds on your arm with a bracelet (though it may be good for the biceps, hee hee).

Just my 2 cents.... Happy hunting!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
7/23/2009 5:35:24 PM
Author: sgclavenna

I highly recommend James Avery. I am from TX, and they are THE source here for great charm bracelets.

James Avery is discussed in some of the threads to which I provide links above. I think everyone agrees that he provides good craftsmanship :). I have his nativity charm bracelet in gold. My only problem is finding it at Christmas time!!! It is ineffably charming!

AGBF
34.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 5:41:59 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
7/23/2009 5:35:24 PM
Author: sgclavenna

I highly recommend James Avery. I am from TX, and they are THE source here for great charm bracelets.

James Avery is discussed in some of the threads to which I provide links above. I think everyone agrees that he provides good craftsmanship :). I have his nativity charm bracelet in gold. My only problem is finding it at Christmas time!!! It is ineffably charming!

AGBF
34.gif
I, too, love James Avery and have the nativity bracelet in silver. It is AWESOME!

Lori

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I love them, but NEVER wear mine. Way too many sentimental pieces (from my grandmother, and great grandmother)...but the bracelet itself is just a cheap sterling silver. Personally (and this will take some heat) but Tiffany does make a very sturdy bracelet. Expensive, but well-made.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
7/25/2009 3:09:45 AM
Author: UCLABelle

Personally (and this will take some heat) but Tiffany does make a very sturdy bracelet. Expensive, but well-made.
No heat from me, UCLABelle! While I did not buy my own or my daughter's gold bracelets there, I did pick out my niece's sterling silver bracelet (for my father to buy for my niece) from there. When she (my niece) had the opportunity to exchange it, she didn't want to. She felt that it outshone all the other bracelets she had seen. Even though it had the deficit of only "accepting" Tiffany charms, she decided she really wanted to keep that bracelet!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the charm bracelet that my niece has from Tiffany and Co.

AGBF
34.gif

TiffanyLinkClaspBracelet.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another shot of it. My niece does not have this charm, but I couldn''t get a good photograph of the bracelet without a charm!

AGBF
34.gif

TiffanyLinkClaspBracelet2.jpg

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
My charm bracelet is from Links and they are well made..

My friend got hers from Thomas Sabo and they have tons of charms selection!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results