shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, Happy Birthday! :wavey: I hope you had a great day. LOL at your "drinking" plan. Rats that your internet access quit on you. I always tell Marty "the internet is down' and then I hear "the entire internet? Wow". I married a smart alec!!! Have fun shopping for new things for your apartment.

Work went by quickly today. I went in for 90 minutes. Went to a managerial class at the community college from 10 till 2. Then I went back to work until a little after 4 then left early since we worked through lunch. I had a few errands to run so thought I'd get them done when places were open. I made breakfast for supper. We had potatoes, microwaved bacon, toast and eggs. Although we like breakfast for supper I made it because honestly I had nothing else to cook. We have some frozen steaks or burgers but they always seem to be tough if you cook them frozen. Since Marty sometimes goes out to play golf I hate to thaw anything because if he does go play we usually don't eat at home.

Food was not bad today - snacking was. They had an evil dish of chocolate candy setting at each table at school. Next class I will have to move it to the other side of the table.

They fed us taco salads for lunch and I didn't eat even 1/2 of it. I am out of cheerios so I had wheat toast for breakfast.

Speaking of food I am kind of hungry. I think I'll get a few almonds to tide me over.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a cement floor in our garage. :appl:

img_1087.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a fine looking garage floor you hve there Marcy!

No gym for me last night, and even skipping that I was still doing homework until well past midnight. The part that really p!sses me off is that it's for one of those BS prerequisite classes that mean absolutely nothing to me. If I were a kid coming into college and needed training on Word, Excel or PowerPoint this might be useful, but as it is this is just a bit PITA. If I wanted to go to secretarial school that's what I would signed up for. Grrr!!!

Anyway, good thing there is virtually no food in the house because I was on a munchie binge while I studied. A whole box of TJ shu mai, some popcorn, two glasses of wine and some apricot juice that I was saving for bellinis this weekend. Oh well.

OK, off to do something productive!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Dee Jay! Those basic requirements are sure a pain. Rats that you had to stay up so late studying. Mmm to bellinis. I was definitely a snacker when I studied. Seems like my college days were beer, popcorn and M&M's. Now I am an ice water person when I am reading or working on some computer project. How many hours are you taking this semester? (Sorry if you already told me but my memory is as sharp as a bowling ball). :bigsmile:

Work was busy. I ran home at lunch to have Marty sign a check from the insurance to repair the roof. I remembered at the last minute that insurance checks have to be signed by both of us or the insurance rejects them when the bank tries to collect the money. I made us some sandwiches for lunch, got Marty's signature and headed to the bank.

After work I picked up Marty and we went to the lot. We have a basement floor now. :appl:

We went out for supper downtown and the dean that fired me at the community college sat down by us. I said hi to her. I didn't bother to chat with her though.

I sent an email to the jewelry store I buy from because my EC RHR broke again. The shank split open about 2 months ago and it did it again. The band is kind of thin but they only sized it one size. So I wrote and asked what they could do for me and they have offered to have the ring made custom in my size at no charge. No wonder I continue to buy from them. They really stick by their products and don't quibble about their warranty. She said I could have one from their store and resize it but I decided they might make the band a little thicker for me. It will take 6 to 8 weeks to come in and I can run my ring down and have them remount the diamond.

Well, I am yawning already. Tomorrow is Friday. Yippee!!!

Take care.
Marcy

img_0642.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, have you called the movers yet?!? :cheeky: And maybe I missed that your RHR ring broke the first time, but it's great that they will remake it for you. There is no replacement for good service!

Yesterday I was pretty good food wise... except for that extra half of a roast beef sandwich I randomly ate in the middle of the afternoon becuase we had leftovers from a lunch meeting. :rolleyes: I was a little hungry when I got home from class last night but I made a bee line from the front door to the bedroom--do not pass go, do not eat any crazy stuff at 11 pm!

I had a pleasant surprise this morning. We are having jeans day at work so I dug out a pair of jeans that I bought MONTHS ago. They still had the tags on them and I remember even debating between them and the next size up when I got them, but they fit perfectly! If anything, I will put them in the dryer so they are completely dry because if they "grow" over the course of wearing, they will be a little loose.

There is a long To Do list staring me in the face for the weekend... If only those damn house elves would finishing putting the rest of the stuff away from the move!

Happy Friday all! :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, we did call the movers. They are moving some stuff for us on the 17th of this month. Of course they are just moving some stuff from the in-laws house to the basement. :bigsmile: A whooping $1000 to do that too. Ouch. I hate to think what they will charge us in December. Maybe after those house elves get your unpacked you can send them my way to pack our stuff, move it then unpack it. That would be great - Thanks! LOL at do not pass go and do not eat crazy stuff at 11 pm. You are so right, you cannot replace good service. Congratulations for fitting easily in your new pants. :appl: :appl: :appl: What a very pleasant surprise! Don't work too hard this weekend.

Deegee, how are you? I hope you are doing okay. I've missed hearing from you. I thought of you today. I met a friend for lunch and so ran by the lot to see if they were doing anything on it today. I tripped my odometer to see how far it was to get back to work. It was about 9 miles. I am whining about being farther from work but I am sure you drive much farther than that.

Work was busy. I was out of cheerios so I had wheat toast for breakfast. We went to Olive Garden for lunch. I had salad with low fat dressing and some pasta. Supper was 1/2 of a burger and a few fries (it was $3 burger night at the golf course). We had a drink with some friends then headed to the lot. Marty called me and said not to bother to drive by; they haven't done anything today.

I am working on laundry tonight. I need to go get dishes done. The kitchen is a disaster. Marty generates a lot of dishes and coffee cups in his "break room".

Have a great weekend! :wavey:
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I ran errands this morning, met Marty for lunch after golf then we stopped by the lot. They have this massive steel beam in the front they will be putting in our house. Marty tried to slide it and couldn't budge it. They will need a crane to get it in the house. Fun.

I went by to visit my parents. They are driving about 350 miles in a week for a funeral. I hope my dad's knee can take it. My mom is only going to have one knee replaced in about a month. I hope. She does okay. My sister and I don't know if it's a good idea or not.

We have been watching the NCIS marathon on USA.

Later
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-that pic of your basement floor is awesome. I love to see the progress! That's so exciting that you can swing by a bunch to check progress. I'd have to go by at least twice a day. Your landscape looks so opposite of what we have here. I don't think there is any flat land left to build a house. My house sits on one of the flattest lots in the neighborhood, but there is a 30-40 foot drop off at the back of our property, and right after the house next to us the road drops and curves sharply. Many of the houses are built into the hillside and have zero yard. I understand we're in the flat area of the neighborhood because they dug the area out to use for fill dirt when building the interstate nearby. Nice. You're going to be 9 minutes from work? I so envy anything under 30 minutes! I took me 2 hours to get home one day last week. A bunch of fire trucks passed me on the shoulder, which is never a good thing. When the road reopened and I caught up to the fire trucks, I was quite surprised to see that the hillside that buts up to the interstate was on fire. That's a new one!

Dee*Jay-happy belated birthday. That is so awesome about your jeans. Congrats!! I'm noticing my jeans aren't cutting into my stomach at all today...even after all the booze I've had the past few days. I would love to take accounting classes to find a different job, but I don't want to be in there with a bunch of kids whose mommies and daddies are paying for their college, and I also don't want to waste time on those goofy prerequisite classes. For heaven's sake, I've been in the work force for 22 years. 12 of those years are accounting related. That should count for something!

The last week and a half have been absolutely horrible. 2 state troopers (ages 42 with 2 very small children & 26) were shot and killed in the line of duty. In the same incident, a deputy sheriff was shot multiple times and was saved only by his Kevlar vest. Another innocent soul was shot and survived, and the killer was killed by deputies. One of my staff knew the 42 yr old, another one of my staff grew up with the 26 yr old. Another one of my staff knows the family of the killer. In addition to those tragedies, a deputy (46) I had been working with the last few months to make sure everything was ready when the time came lost his battle with cancer on the same day one of the troopers died. My department handles retirement and survivor benefits for troopers, deputies, police officers, firefighters and paramedics. My retirement advisor met with 2 of the families last week and will meet with the other family next week. He knew one of the troopers and was able to share a few funny stories with the family. I have never witnessed anything like the funeral processions. Thousands of people, including hundreds of law enforcement officers and first responders from all over the country. Very moving. I didn't even attempt to wear eye makeup last week. I think all of the crying must have triggered a migraine, so I took Friday off and stayed in my comfy bed all day. I slept most of yesterday too. I had great plans to get something big done today, but all I accomplished was getting 2 loads of laundry done. I have done really well with food because I had no appetite, but I have had way to much beer!!! I'll work on that this week. I'll switch to wine. Oh Marcy-my friend with the broken vertebrae suggested Ghost Pines Cabernet. Have you tried that one? I bought a bottle but haven't opened it yet. Matt and I are off to dinner. I promise I'll straighten up next week!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am so sorry to hear about all the recent tragedies. My heart goes out to all of their families and friends. How awful. I am sure you and your office deal with more than your share of heartache. Yay for your pants not being tight. Our lot falls off in the back but is flat at the bottom. The front angles up maybe about 20 degrees. I don't know how it will all layout when they are done but we should know soon.

We flew to California this morning and are enjoying life. I am not counting calories this week but I know I burned a ton of calories walking and walking today. We flew in to San Francisco. Drove over the bridges the headed off to golf country. I am so excited to see the ocean.

Take care.
Marcy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay I took this through the window but it was very cool.

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1347250404.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not much I can say except the view is worth it.

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1347250451.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee - I'm so sorry for all the recent losses. And I fully support you in your move to wine!

Marcy - That is indeed a great view! How long will you be in California?

Boy, this weekend just FLEW by! I was going to go out and look for new dining room chairs on Friday night, but I ended up going to two happy hour events with different groups of people so I didn't get home until about eight. Saturday morning I decided to try working out at the little gym in my complex. Not so great... The ellipticals are the ones where your heel is always above your toe, which grinds my knee, and the seat backs on the bikes tilted in a way that was really uncomfortable on my lower back. Oh well, I tried! Then I bought new dining room chairs and went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and Walmart. Saturday finished up with about four hours of accounting homework and an on-line quiz, which I finally submitted around midnight! Sunday I slept until 10:30!!! Then I went to a different Bed, Bath and Beyond (don't ask...) and Costco, and worked out at my regular gym. I got home just in time to take a shower and meet a friend for Thai food. When I came back from that I said I was not going to bed until the closet in my master bedroom was completely in order... which took until after 11 pm. And I have to say I am HORRIFIED by how much stuff I have. Seriously--I need to go through my closet with a ruthless eye and get rid of A LOT of stuff. AND I need to stop brining more into the house!!!

Sorry for the War and Peace of Dee's weekend there--I didn't realize what was coming out on the keyboard until it was all done, LOL!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh lordy I was tired at the pool! I haven't been that faithful to the pool/gym these days and feel it. Unlike DeeJay, my pants are tight! Last time that happened, I was pregnant!

Now school is back and with it routines, back to the pool I go. Oh and and also back to the routine of NO WINE during the week. Those calories are empty killers!!! (altho I love them so....)

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I sometimes wish I could blame my tight pants on having a bun in the oven, but sadly it's always the result of just having had too many buns!

No workout last night, but I was very good with my food yesterday. Today is one of my coworkers birthdays and I'm not sure what the protocol is here yet (department lunch, cake, etc.) but I'm hoping not. And I will have to make it to the gym tonight becuase I'm likely going out for pizza with someone from my classes tomorrow night.

Not much else to report...

Marcy, hope you're having a marvelous time!

Happy Tuesday kids!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Marty's day of golf went really well yesterday. He had a big grin on his face the entire time. I rode along in a cart and was very cold all day. Boo. Being from snow country you'd think an ocean breeze would be nothing to me. NOT.

We had a wonderful supper last night. Both of us ordered a filet and then we ordered some sides. Marty ordered tomato bisque soup which I kept eating because it was so good. Then about 3 hours later I started to not feel well. Marty finally asked me if I felt like I'd eaten chicken and I said yes. He'd looked up the recipe for the soup and naturally it has chicken broth in it. Aak. I feel fine this morning though.

DeeJay, lol at eating too many buns. I know what you mean about having too much stuff. I can't believe how much stuff we have as well. I need to start cleaning out our main floor when we get home. We don't want to move it all. It sounds like you are enjoying getting your new place all set up though. How are your classes going?

Sharon, glad you are back to enjoying the pool. Summer was far too short.

Take care
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-great pics! We were in So Cal a few years ago in September and I remember we froze our rears off at Disneyland. Have a fun trip! And I'm sure you will burn off every single extra calorie consumed this week by sightseeing and shopping. No problem. Enjoy, and eat well!
I hate that chicken makes you so sick. I'd sure have a hard time finding anything to eat.

Dee*Jay-I didn't have any glasses for red wine and decided that the reason I have never liked it in the past was due to drinking it out of a beer mug. I had to stop on the way home to get wine glasses...I committed to buying a bottle of wine, I had to tackle it completely and get the right kind of glass. Hubby shook his head and mumbled something I couldn't quite make out. I hear you about the junk at work. I avoid the birthday cake at all costs because I loooove icing so very much. The last time, the guy who got my cake for me came back with nothing but a plate of icing. Yummy. Bad. And I keep looking at my used-to-be flat stomach thinking, what the heck is that? It's not a muffin top, it's a pound cake!

Sharon-don't go bad mouthing wine when I finally bought a bottle! Healthy empty calories...

Today I was chatting with Matt at the kitchen table when I glanced out the door at the back porch and notice a stick moving. Yep...snake. I screamed and ran through the house (like a girl, I'm told). All I could think of was Marcy's den of snakes under her porch. Eek! I hate them so desperately! Matt relocated it to the creek, but I'm of the opinion that the only good snake is a dead snake. I told Matt we were moving to a condo downtown, no lower than the 15th floor. Sounds like a safe distance to me. I ate really light today because I don't seem to have my appetite back, so I took advantage of my extra points and had 2 glasses of wine. Unfortunately, I can see me overindulging so I'd better watch out. I've been thinking of joining weight watchers online to get back in the habit of strict point counting. Plus they do it differently now than I lost weight, so I think it's a good idea. I need something to get me going again. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, oh no! Not more snakes. I agree all snakes should be dead. I still won't go down that side of the house. I am glad you like your red wine. We like Shiraz a lot. Marty likes ones from Australia, Chili and New Zealand. He said the Nine Stones Brand is pretty good. We have one of those aerators to help the wine breathe when you pour it. It is amazing the difference that makes.

Today we slept in then had room service for breakfast. Then we drove around here, went to Carmel and Big Sur. it was a fun day. We wandered through and around several state parks and took a lot of ocean pictures. Here is one of the killer rabbit in front of the ocean. Yes, we had to bring him for some photos.

We had lunch at a very nice restaurant in Big Sur then had supper tonight here. Once again I ate too much today. At least I didn't eat any chicken. We had a fruit chocolate fondue for dessert. It was fabulous.

Well take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Killer Rabbit photo. Rats I can't load the photo for some reason.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee - :o I would have run screaming like a girl too!!! And LOL on the wine glasses. I just moved and, seeing all my glasses in one place, I realize that I have over 200... WELL OVER... too bad you aren't close by, I would have gladly given you a dozen!

Marcy - I love that you take the killer rabbit with you! Bill and I had a small pig, named POG, who went EVERYWHERE with us. One time we forgot him on a trip to Orlando and we never heard the end of it. (Yes, he talked to us too!)

Anyway, was pretty good foodwise yesterday, and when I got home I was sorely tempted to have a scond glass of wine, but I stopped at one. Maybe I should have had it though, becuase I didn't sleep well at all. Very rare; I am the Queen of Sleep. Hopefully it will be better tonight. I went to the gym after work yesterday and had a pretty good workout. Not sure if I will go tonight or not becuase I might meet someone for pizza. I maintain there is no decent pizza in Kansas City, but people are determined to show me...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Moving sticks? Killer rabbits? Ah ahem, I say people "might" have had a little too much.... :bigsmile: :devil: ;))

At the pool Monday, yoga and ran yesterday, and brief run today. Back to pool tomorrow and walk by the river Friday. Then I have a date with my fav Cali red...... :bigsmile: No bad mouthing here!!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, too funny about POG. Marty and I have had a lot of fun with the killer rabbit. I got a Teddy Bear about the same time just because it matched our living room. So Marty is always antagonizing the bear with the rabbit. I am always trying to make them friends. For $12.95 a piece they sure give us a lot of entertainment. Sounds like you have a ton of wine glasses. Party time! I hope you find some great pizza.

Sharon, I only feel the need to drink after seeing those moving sticks. Stupid snakes.

We spent most of our day on the golf range. Marty didn't end up with as good of a score as he wished but I guess the course he played today is rated as very difficult. I was cold again but took a blanket this time. We saw deer everywhere. I could hear sea lions barking but couldn't see them. Tonight we had Italian for supper. Still have cloudy foggy skies. Boo. I want sunshine for nice nice ocean photos.

Laters.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, we tried some local Cali red pino tonight. It was great!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1347507827|3267282 said:
Sharon, we tried some local Cali red pino tonight. It was great!

I am jealous of your vacay to my favorite part of the US and the Cali red! Enjoy!!!

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, if you run out of that fine Cali red I have new box of Big House Red (also a California product!) just sitting in the cubbard waiting to be tapped!

Marcy, you have NO IDEA how much entertainment we've gotten out of this stupid pig over the years!!!

So the person I was going to have pizza with last night didn't feel well after lunch. Good thing I packed a set of gym clothes "just in case" yesterday morning. I did hard workouts two days in a row, including the rowing machine for the first time in ages--I love that thing! But my back is a little sore now so I think I will have to limit it to once a week. I'm heading to NY for the weekend and I know my friend and I will eat and drink and eat and drink and eat... Hopefully she's got a gym nearby too, but I'm not sure becuase she just moved and this will be my first time in her new place.

Not much else to report. Off to do something productive!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy all!

Marcy-I'm so glad you're having a good time! I'm going to have to look into that aerator for my wine. I told Matt I may need a special cooler too, that will chill all my booze to their respective temperatures. He has a coworker who has one. I think he chills the beer to 35, the red wine to 60-65, and I can't remember the white. Too cool. When do you guys head back home? Matt told me his company has an office in Denver. He's hoping to have to travel there one day for work, and I'm tagging along! Are you going to get the new iPhone?

Sharon- I swear all I had to drink when that stick moved was Diet Dew. I hate snakes sooooo bad. Matt held the stupid thing up to the window (using barbecue tongs) and wanted me to take pictures from all angles so he could figure out what kind it was by comparing pics to the Internet. I screamed and ran like a girl again. Seriously...15 th floor in a downtown condo is in my future.

Dee*Jay-your wine glass count totally cracks me up! I have 4 cheap glasses from Walmart, and I only have 4 because they were out of singles! I was in Chicago a few years ago, and we ate at Giordano's across the street from The Penninsula Hotel. It was gooooood. Matt recommended it ( I went for work & he wasn't with me) and the concierge at my hotel also recommended it. Everybody loved it. We stayed at a hotel downtown that was very nice. I think it started with an "A", but I can't remember the name. Matt and I went for pizza twice the week we were in Manhattan. Yum.

I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. My wonderful friend with the fractured vertebrae invited my friend who had encephalitis and me to her awesome lake house in Maryland for the weekend. Our hubbys are coming too, but they'll be preoccupied with football and playing pool, so it will be like a much needed girls' weekend. I'm so looking forward to it. There will be too much food and too many drinks, but I'm joining WW online on Monday so it's all good. I think we are all ready for a weekend away after the last few crappy weeks. My sweet pooch Lily is coming with us. She had a bath and nail triming this evening, so she's ready to go meet up with the girls. Have a wonderful weekend!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I kind of figured you really liked California since you seem to come out here quite a bit. We sure like it too and trust me we have been trying a lot of local wines.

Dee Jay, that is too funny about the pig. I am glad you had hours of entertainment from him. My poor teddy bet has been terrorized by the killer rabbit this past year. Even my employees send home gifts for them because they think it is so funny. Marty takes the rabbit on his trips and has pictures of him in front of famous places. The whole thing started when Marty was in the UK and I posted pictures on Facebook of the teddy bear trying to sell Marty's stuff on eBay, of him wearing Marty's bunny slippers and drinking out of Marty's espresso cups. We are so weird. That is great you got to work out 2 nights in row. Have fun in New York.

Deegee, you will enjoy the aerator. We have been eyeballing one of those wine coolers for years. Let is us know if you guys get one. I would have screamed too if Marty asked me to photograph the snake. Guys don't get it. We just do NOT want to see at the stupid snakes. You might be in Denver? Cool! We like to go down there quite a bit. We are going home Saturday. I am definitely considering the new iPhone. How about you? Your trip to Maryland sounds marvelous. Have a wonderful time. I think I should join ww online too. I have eaten way too much lately.

We slept in today. Went to breakfast at 10. We got tickets to the Monterey Aquarium and drove along the coast to get there. The aquarium was very cool them went to fisherman's wharf. We got back to our room about 4. We walked down to the lodge and watched people play the 18th hole while enjoying some wine. We had supper then booked another round of golf for tomorrow. Tee time is afternoon so we will be out later but I will take my blanket with me.

Take care
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee - next time you're in Chicago eat at Lou Malnati's. Their deep dish is a Chicago institution, but I prefer the thin crust. They have this amazing cornmeal crust and I love everything they put on top of it... Craving some right now actually!

Marcy - Do you have anyone "supervising" the progress on the house while you're gone? If I were nearby I would gladly run by the site and terrorize--I mean, say hello to--the workmen. I just love a good construction project!

Had some ice cream yesterday at our "ice cream social." Just a little, but it was pretty good. No workout last night because I had class until 10 pm. These late classes just kill me. By the time I get home I am just WORN OUT.

Going to NY today to visit one of my girlfriends. I'm taking workout clothes, but I am not sure they will get any use!

Happy Friday all! :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I also had ice cream today--post 10K walk. Baby scoop, sugar cone. Spendid day for weather. Even better evening when I meet Cali red--my OLD friend!!!

Have a good weekend ya'll.

cheers--Shaorn

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, we asked several people to drive by the lot and keep us posted. A few of them checked on our current house. I would have encouraged you to drive by and terrorize them. I am sure they will get sick of us before the house is finished. Pizza sounds divine. It is funny they don't seem to have pizza, tacos or nachos around here. Have a blast in New York with your friend.

Sharon, glad you enjoyed a baby ice cream cone. We have slow churned ice cream quite often at home. Marty is working on. A bottle of Cailf red right now. I didn't like it so hopefully he doesn't finish the bottle since we have to get up early.

We are working on packing tonight. Marty played at a different course here today. It had some ocean views so I was entertained with that. His tee time was 2 pm so the last 6 holes or so were quite chilly. I had my blanket with me though. We picked up a bottle of Zinfandel earlier today and decided to order room service and have the wine. Marty ordered prime rib chili and I ordered a child's cheeseburger. They have been putting out chocolate mints for us when they stop by to turn down the bed so that was my dessert.

Well, tomorrow we are flying home. Yay and Boo!

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. :wavey:

We got back to town after dark. They are starting on the basement framing and have 2 of the outside basement walls up on our house. Woo hoo! We kind of figured they'd have more done but since Dee Jay wasn't in town to terrorize them they didn't finish the house. :bigsmile:

The flight home was good. I was pounding down free soda and wine then of course had to go use the tiny PricesSope Room on the plane. The flight from San Francisco to Denver was only a little over 2 hours so it went by quickly.

I figure I burned a lot of calories today walking 2 big airports. Denver seemed so much less busy now that I've been to the San Francisco airport.

I will miss the ocean though but this is the warmest I've been in a week.

I kept forgetting to mention this to you guys this week but I went the entire week not only washing my rings when I washed my hands but not cleaning my rings or earrings. Ew! I decided that messing with that in such a large and busy area was probably not too bright and I hated to take jewelry cleaner with me so I figured I could find some jewelry cleaner once we got there. Pebble Beach had a jewelry store but she looked at me kind of funny when I asked her if she had jewelry cleaner (her answer was no). And if she had the ability to clean jewelry she didn't offer. We finally went to the market and I was looking for Windex but no luck there. It was more of a deli, liquor store than a mini mart. I soaked my jewelry for about an hour when we got home. Got out the baby tooth brush and my jewel jet. I was relieved to see they all came out sparkly again.

Well, I have more things to work on around here. Boo!

Me

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results