shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning. Well wish me luck - I go get the trade offer for our house today. Hopefully Marty is on his way back to the UK right now. I didn't hear from him last night or morning (his time). I sent him a "Knock Knock" email and said "is anyone there?" :bigsmile:

Have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I guess we are "under" contract but not officially until Marty gets back and we sign some papers. The trade-in price was pretty much the bare minimum we wanted / needed but it works. The ability to stay at home until we close is worth it to us. We have to fix a few things and the house will be inspected and we'd have to fix anything they find but I think we are okay there. I am pretty excited!

I think that takes us up to step 8 out of 4820. Sweet.

Marty finally text me that he was back in the UK. Poor thing hadn't slept for 2 days. I hope he sleeps well tonight.

I ate leftovers today. I had 3 cheese raviolis left for lunch and a 1/2 of a steak left for supper. I microwaved a baked potato and had some raw veggies with supper.

Have a great evening. :wavey:

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-that's exciting news about your house! I bet you can't wait to get started on building/picking things out. A house we looked at while it was being built 5 years ago is back up for sale. When we left the first time we saw it, we honestly talked about moving then because the house was so awesome...even without flooring, finished walls, etc. Sadly it is not far at all from where we live so no help on the commute. It does have a 1st floor master, which would be great help to me and my achy joints. I think I'm going to stop looking until we're actually ready to do something. How are you getting along with Marty being gone for so long? Matt was gone 3 days this week and I was a big mopey mess. I hope Marty will be home really soon. You're a brave woman, tackling the real estate tasks on your own. I can negotiate my own car deal (because I research the daylights out of it beforehand), but wouldn't attempt dealing with realtors, appraisers, etc. on my own!

missy-that trainer looks interesting. I did a search of local gyms who has one, and found one at the gym my good friend belongs to. She had planned to go tonight, so I'll have to ask her about it tomorrow. Treadmills make my knees and hips hurt, and my knees are the only part of my body that don't normally hurt! If it is raining outside and I can't walk, then I get no exercise.

Sharon-I'm glad you're getting your good pool workouts in. My exercise consists solely of walking 3 miles when the weather permits. Everything else I try seems to cause my aches to flare up. I bought a yoga for beginners DVD at the suggestion of my doctor, but haven't tried it yet.

We're on storm #4 for the day. We have had severe storms and power outages nearly every day since the big storm on June 29. I read that in the week after the big storm, 1.4 million of the state's 1.8 million people were without power at some point. We're lucky ours was only out for 3 days. All of the storms seem to be making my joints extra achy. All I want to do is cuddle up in my comfy bed. I have been able to walk the last 3 nights, but today's storms started at 5 and haven't stopped. It's 11, and I think I'm going to go to bed and hope for electricity in the morning. I had a banana for breakfast, watermelon for lunch, and leftover pork roast turned into pork barbecue for dinner. We had planned to go out for icecream and were in the car when another storm hit, so we went back home. I had a skinny cow icecream sandwich from my freezer instead. Have a great day tomorrow!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! Our daily storms are getting really old. We lost power at work, I drove through a lot of water on city streets leaving work. The city can't keep up with clearing the debris in the storm drains because they're still trying to clean up after the big storm. Our power was off at home. I have taken to carrying a small LED flashlight in my pocket at all times. I'll be thrilled when this crazy weather calms down. Today I had cottage cheese and blackberries for breakfast, leftover pork barbecue and watermelon for lunch, and we stopped at Cracker Barrel for dumplings for dinner. The interstate was backed up due to water standing on the roadway, so we took the first exit we could to eat dinner. We walked 3 miles when we had a break in the rain. Our new front door came today and will be installed tomorrow. Yippee! Once that gets done, we can hang the new shutters. Yippee again! Matt and I talked about going to see the awesome house. He remembers it very well too. It would be stupid of us to buy a house that doesn't help our commute, but dang! Is an awesome house! Marcy-anything new housewise today?

Have a great day tomorrow! Yay!!! Friday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! We are back in the 90’s and 100’s around here again. I hope forest fires don’t start up again. Rain, rain, rain!

Deegee, I am very excited about the new house and freaking out a little bit. So much to do, so little time. That house sounds perfect too bad it doesn’t cut your commute time. Good plan to not look until you are ready to move. They have a parade of homes here in August so I think we’ll go around and look at houses. They usually have prizes you can sign up for so maybe we’ll win something for the new house. I have been kind of mopey with Marty being gone. He is ready to come home too. I admit it’s kind of scary dealing with some of this stuff while he is gone. I pick him up Saturday. That is something about so many people being out of power from the storms in your area. You guys are really getting pounded. I had ice cream for supper too. Mmm. Did you go see the awesome house? Are you going to? Fun! My commute is going to be longer but still only 15 to 20 minutes.

Well, my realtor was going to contact me to come sign an updated contract and give her a deposit and yes you guessed it - she never called. She is so frustrating. If she wasn’t nice I would seriously say something to her. Marty pointed out we have not ever talked to a person from the builder to confirm the lot we “think” we want is the one we are buying. I wanted to meet them this morning to confirm it is the same lot but they are paving all the streets in there so we can’t get in until Sunday anyway. When they start our house we will be the first one on that block. Cool!

Marty made a spreadsheet for our house and I added about 6 worksheets to it to get all of our notes in one place. Of course now the trick will be keeping them up to date between the 2 of us.

I met a friend for lunch today and had 1/2 of a hamburger for lunch. We had some chips and salsa too so since I wasn’t hungry for supper I stopped and got a dish of ice cream. I am hungry now though. I think I’ll eat some cheese and a few crackers.

My parents asked me to meet them for lunch tomorrow. We are going to Applebees.

Take care!
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To this day I am not sure as to what caused my knee injury. We were on a "cycling" vacation where we long distance cycle every day for our 2 week vacation weather permitting and all seemed fine but one night I got up off the couch and all of a sudden intense knee pain and I couldn't straighten it. Weird.

The orthopedist was sure I tore my meniscus but we did 2 MRI's (don't ask) and there was no tear. However, I could not bend my knee straight for over 6 months and was in a bit of pain for over 8 months. I did physical therapy and everything I was supposed to do and I am back to almost normal but I still cannot put my weight on it in a bent position if that makes any sense. A bit inconvenient especially when I am trying to find the kitties if they are under the bed. I either have to go on my stomach on the floor or have my dh find them. But it could be worse and I am thankful to have most of my knee function back. It was a tough 6-8 months for me and I had to find other activities besides running and that is when I started doing the arc trainer(my dh read about it in the WSJ). Luckily I was able to cycle the whole time also. Against my physical therapist's instructions but my orthopedist said if it didn't hurt I could do it. My knee hurt less when I was cycling then when I was walking.

Anyway, sorry for the long story. :oops: But I just wanted to share about the arc trainer because it seems to be one of the few great workouts I can get without putting any stress on my knees. I don't like to swim because I have bad memories from when I was in competitive swimming in school (hated it and till this day hate the smell of chlorine) and swimming really is one of the best low impact workouts around.

Anytime you want to try out my arc trainer at the beach house- c'mon over! :wavey:[/quote]

MIssy:

Your injury sure was weird! We ususally attribute those things to "isolated" incidents--accidents/falls etal; but mabye it was just strain? Repetative stress? Glad it is better.

My "river" runs...are well, running in the lazy river at a pool nearby. The lazy river is one of those activties you find at a water park-- swift moving water in an enclosed area. There is enough movement to propel you along--so it is "fun". I use it for a workout--either running with the "tide" or running against it. There is a lot of resistence trying to run against it--hence the workout. I also move my arms--so it is like pumping weights. I wear vibram water socks to keep my feet stable.

I met with a friend today who lost 33 pounds without dieting. She just uses portion control--eats small frequent meals--and cut out 2/3 of her carb intake. Yes, she is exercising more as well--dedicated walking every night and/or going to the gym. I was so happy for her!! We talked about this being a lifestyle change and she doesn't miss her old bad eating habits. She really looks forward to exercising--as just being part of her life! YAY!

Just enjoyed a mini run--looks like it might rain.

cheers--Sharon

cheers--Sharon

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-yay for Marty getting home tomorrow! I bet this has seemed like a super long trip for both of you.Matt is always so exhausted when he returns from a trip. I hope Marty gets plenty of rest, although he'll probably be on the golf course first think Sunday morning! It seems lke I have ice cream a lot for dinner. Sometimes when Matt is out of town I stop on the way home from work for a frosty from Wendy's for dinner. We had just bought a bunch of pints of TCBY of hand scoped yogurt and ice cream bars when our power went out for so long. I was so sad to throw it all away. We sat outside the awesome house for a bit tonight. The owners probably looked out their windows and thought they had stalkers! We have always liked the neighborhood, but it is truly just across the creek behind our house. If there weren't so many trees, I think I could see this house from mine. You can get to the interstate more directly from that neighborhood, which would cut our commute some. Darn, I wish it wasn't such a cool house!! Or I wish we were closer to actually being ready to do something.

Sharon-portion control is the main thing I learned from weight watchers. I keep my food scale on my counter and try to weigh and measure my portions. They tend to grow if you're not careful!

Lily and I are sitting on the porch taking in our 3rd or 4th rain of the day. It's windy, but no lightening or thunder. The door guys installed the door today. Tomorrow we will sand and paint the sidelights and hopefully Sunday we'll work on the shutters. This home improvement stuff is exhausting! I didn't do good with food today-Mexican for lunch and pizza for dinner. I did watch my portions, so hopefully it wasn't too bad. I'm heading to bed. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.

Sharon, I am sure the river runs are a great workout. That is wonderful your friend has changed her life so much and enjoys working out and found portion control works so well for her. Kudos to her.

Deegee, yes Marty is glad to be home and has been sleeping off and on since about 6. He was up since about 9 pm our time last night so almost 21 hours. He caught a pretty nasty cold too. I like ice cream for supper sometimes too. Especially when it’s hot. I will go wander the mall and get some TBCY frozen yogurt. It’s a treat and not super bad for me. That is funny you went and sat outside that house. Decisions, decisions. Home improvement stuff is exhausting. Poor Marty has quite the list to fix up our house for the trade. We will get the official trade contract tomorrow or the next day.

I got up about 6:30 and headed to Denver after my shower. I had breakfast at Mimi’s. I ordered a Belgian waffle with strawberries. I also bought us some low fat blueberry muffins for tomorrow. Then I went to my nephew's house to pick up my sister and we headed to the jewelry store. I had them size up a few gemstone ring; this hot weather has made them impossible to wear so they are just tweaking them up. Of course then I’ll have to have them sized down in the winter. I was also on a quest to get an upgrade while I have some cash. The thing I wanted to see the most was a WG 3 stone mount that had 2 EC sidestones. I tried it on with a similar sized EC diamond in it and didn’t like it. I like EC better in YG. So then I looked at a few colored stone bands as well. I ended up getting a real girlie looking ring with little open hearts covered with very tiny diamond accents and small sapphires in the center of each heart. It doesn’t have much total carat weight but I have liked that ring since the first time I saw it a few years ago. I traded in a band I bought last fall then decided I didn’t like it with my ering after all. We got back to my nephews house and I thought I had about 45 minutes before I needed to head to the airport but when I checked Flight Tracker info on my phone I saw Marty’s plane would be landing in 50 minutes I said “i’d better go”. I got to the waiting area in the terminal about 10 minutes before Marty got there so that was pretty good timing.

His stories about Uganda were pretty interesting. He will probably be going back in the middle of August. We stopped 1/2 way home for a late lunch and took in house stuff to talk over. Wow, we have so much to do and figure out on this and my realtor still has not had me come sign her contract and give her our deposit.

Well, take care!
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Marcy--your DH travels a lot--and to interesting places! Does he ever tire of the constant overseas jaunts?

Deegee--I agree on the portion control; and my friend is also making better food choices. We used to go out and she would eat all the "bread" on the table, and order more. She would eat heavy meals late. She would always have dessert--now she doens't do any of those things, yet doesn't feel like she missing anything. She eats what she wants--just less of it, and says "NO" very often without any guilt. And she enjoys the gym!!! I know she feels her "life coach" has helped toward this positive change--and I say whatever it takes!!

It is very fine out--I may walk to the market and back.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, Marty hasn't had problems traveling yet. He was sure ready to come home this time since he was gone 2 weeks. He likes to see new places and try new foods so that makes it easier to be away from home. That is wonderful to hear your friend has changed that much. :appl:

Marty woke up way to early this morning (mostly from coughing) so I got up about 5:30. I took my shower and made us breakfast. I made him bacon and eggs then both of us had our BB muffins and some hash browns. Then we went grocery shopping well before 8 (woo hoo going when it's not busy) and picked up a few things. We got a pineapple that Marty cut up for us this afternoon. It was sure good. I made homemade beef soup for lunch and we had cheese and fruit for supper.

This afternoon we rode out to the place where we are trying to "build" to confirm the lot and then drove around looking for color combos we like. I know it is early but we were out.

Marty feels pretty bad. I think it is a nasty cold. He started to get sick right after he got back to London from Uganda. I keep telling him it's "the malaria". LOL.

Well, take care! Sadly tomorrow is back to work day. Boo.

Marcy :wavey:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-for once, I'm glad tomorrow is back to work! If I can move tomorrow, that is. Matt and I worked outside in the heat all weekend. We're both really tired and really sore. I hope my hands will work to type tomorrow. I'm glad Marty is home but hate to hear he is sick. He needs to rest! I bet it is fun to check out your lot and plan for colors. You have a bunch of work ahead of you...but a lot of it will be exciting.

Sharon-portion control is everything for me. I'm really careful at restaurants. I usually cut my food in half, and the. Try not to eat the whole half I cut for myself. Some restaurant portions are 3-4 servings! I hope you got a nice walk to the market in tonight.

Like I said, we worked outside in the heat all weekend painting the door sidelights. We had a new door and frame put in, but had them leave the sidelights because we had the grand idea that we could paint them and all would be great. It took 5 coats to cover that dark green paint! My hands hurt so badly. We removed out old shutters thinking we could install the new ones the same day, but discovered we're going to have to pressure wash where the old shutters were. Nothing is as easy as you think it will be. We also trimmed some overgrown landscaping and cleaned up the yard from the storms. Our landscaper was here a month and a half ago, but we have had so much rain that everything was looking pretty wild again. I had a banana for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and a salad with grilled chicken on top for dinner. I'm not sure why salads tasted so good today, but that is all I wanted. I had lots of water and Iced tea too, and some watermelon for a snack. No walk. I think I'd pass our halfway around the neighborhood if I tried to walk tonight. Have a great day tomorrow!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! Today was another 1,000 degree day. Okay, maybe closer to 95, same thing. I had to run an errand at lunch and happened to be out during our storm of the day. Luckily it was quick, but I did get stranded in the card shop for about 10 minutes during a heavy downpour and then had to drive through standing high water to get back to work (clogged storm drains). I got a lot done at work and was thrilled I was able to use my hands okay. I took anti inflammatory meds first thing out of the shower this morning and I was extra achy all day, but I was functioning...which is good. I had yogurt & blueberries for breakfast, grilled chicken & green beans for lunch, and 1/2 portion of restaurant spaghetti from my favorite pizza place for dinner. I'll have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Yay! Leftovers and not frozen food! Neither Matt nor I felt like tackling pressure washing the house where the shutters were or finishing the touch ups to the door sidelights after work today. That will have to wait. I'm hoping it will cool off a bit so we can walk. It's 9pm and still 89 and super muggy outside. I'm ready for Fall. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, sorry you were so achy today but you sure got a lot accomplished this weekend. All that work had to burn off lots of calories. Rats for continued hot weather there. We are back in the 90’s again too. Leftover spaghetti for lunch sounds delicious!

Marty is still suffering with jet lag and being sick. He was up well before 4 am and I had a hard time going back to sleep. He took a nap or two, found his truck wouldn’t start but found his shock still setting there he forgot to replace so he did that and by then the trickle charger had his battery ready to start. Then he had to replace a slipped hose on his turbo charger. It reminds me of one of those jokes about people that start out to do something and end up doing a 100 things completely forgetting the first thing they intended to do.

We got the office trade offer contract by email today and reviewed it tonight. We had to fill out about a 6 page info on our house. We are going to go sign the contract tomorrow. Marty wanted to argue a few points. Our most expensive fix is the step on our patio has sunk over the years and is now way too steep. They want it removed and replaced to code. Sadly it is attached to a 5 x 10 foot cement patio. We think putting a wooden deck over it would be the cheapest way to go but don’t know if they’d accept that.

After we sign the contract they will send out inspectors to see our place. Hopefully all that passes. Will this EVER get done? We also need to get with our realtor who STILL has not called us with a contract to sign and for us to give her a deposit. After both contracts are signed and in hand we’ll go see the lender and maybe finally get all this going. Then the fun part starts of picking out what we want in the house.

Work was slow today but I got to see the Thunderbirds fly around for a few minutes.

I had fruit and a piece of toast for breakfast. Cheerios brightened my morning as a 10 am snack. Lunch was leftover beef soup and for supper we had drive by a window and pick up tacos.

Well, take care. I am yawing so I think I’ll go get ready for bed.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Well we put our deposit on our new house tonight. Sweet! We have about 2 more weeks of "iffy" stuff then it's hurry up and wait. We go see our lender Thursday to get the official okie dokey document. August 2 the inspectors come check out our house. Then we see what - if any - things we need to fix then we either back out of the entire deal or move forward. Woo hoo!!! I am very excited.

Poor Marty has a massive list of things to do. He is getting a dumpster delivered tomorrow to start cleaning out the basement, garage and back yard.

Tomorrow we get off at noon so that will make for a nice day. My new ring should show up in the morning. I feel bad because the Thunderbirds are flying at 10 am and work is having a pancake breakfast but Marty has to stay home until my rings show up. I know he'd love to see people at work. Hopefully the rings and dumpster show up early and he can come out for the food and fun.

Work was kind of busy today. Yippee. We met the people we'll be buying the house from at lunch then met our realtor tonight. We met a friend for drink tonight. We've been going over things to do, upgrades and finances tonight. Aak. I am teasing my employees I can't afford lunch anymore and since there is 5 of them they can all take turns bringing in lunch for me. Since I am allergic to chicken and turkey they are all offering all sorts of lunches made out of those 2 things. Too funny!

Well, take care.
Me

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
See what I came home to.

kr_bling.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Had a major hike today with a friend--loved going on the groomed trails as well as through fields...smelled so good and the wild flowers were awesome. Better than a gym any old day!

cheers--Shaorn

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, your walk sounds like a great time with beautiful sights. Nice! I love this time of year.

We had another busy day working on the house. We met with the lender who kept miss figuring the end amount. We finally got on the same page. I picked up a junior Arby sandwich on the way back to work. Marty went to a concert with friends tonight so I stopped an picked up a little pizza for supper. I had 2 pieces and put the rest up for weekend leftovers.

Tomorrow is Friday! Sweet. :wavey:

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I am glad the weekend is here. Marty worked on cleaning out the garage and started on the basement. He had a big dumpster brought out and it is almost full. Sounds like the basement still has a lot of throw out. I don't even want to know what he is throwing out but it is less we will have to move.

He had a little accident too. He backed the bumper of his truck in to the corner of the garage. We have a repairman coming to fix the wall on Sunday but there is some cracked brick on the outside. We have inspectors coming Thursday so hopefully this won't break our trade in deal. It is not any problem with the foundation and the garage door opener still works. He was really mad at himself. Probably made him work faster. Lol.

I got an estimate on insurance for the new house. It is not much more than our current policy. Makes me think my current policy is too expensive.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Well the bent garage corner looks pretty good. The repairman was able to get the wall straight again and then sealed it down the side. Marty got some mason repair and you can hardly tell anything happened. A few little chips are off it and the crack is diagonal but it's not bad at all. Let's hope the inspectors don't zoom in on it and say "rebuild the entire wall!".

Marty is downstairs vacuuming and sorting stuff. It is amazing how much stuff you can accumulate in 18 years time. Wow! We have one of those giant dumpsters in the driveway completely full. I thought of cleaning out some stuff upstairs but we have 4 months or more before we move so I may as well work on it one trash bag at a time. No since getting in a hurry at this point.

We met my parents and aunt and uncle for supper last night. We met at Olive Garden. One of my sister's and her husband will join the same crowd for supper again tonight. We are going to a steak house. My aunt and uncle are out here from Alabama.

I cleaned the house this morning. Since I plan on hiring a maid when we move I should just hire one now and get that luxury started, huh? One of our friend's DIL cleans houses and she said she'd charge us $20 an hour. That seems really inexpensive. I might take her up on that. She is going to clean our house when we move out of it after closing.

I am messing with the online paint websites to see what color I like for the outside of our new house. Sadly I can't figure out exactly how to change the trim and accent. We have it narrowed down to 3 combos.

Well, take care! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Marcy :wavey:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey kids -- I'm baaaaaaack! :wavey:

So after the knee surgery... and the other knee surgery... and the broken ankle... and the herniated disk... I'm ready to get back on the gym wagon and lose the 30 lbs I've managed to accumulate. ACK. Plus, all this sitting around my corporate apartment in Kansas City drinking out of sheer boredom and eating BBQ like it's going out of style ain't doing me any favors! So today I joined a gym that has a couple of different locations, and also does some classes that might be fun. And I went to Costco and got some decent food (as opposed to the processed microwaveable stuff I've been subsisting on for the past six weeks). Back in the saddle!

Marcy - I read through everthing about your house. How exciting!!! I am thrilled for you and Marty and I can't wait to come and visit!

Sharon - I love the idea of your river runs. The only problem is I would have to belly up to the swim-up bar afterwards to celebrate a job well done. :cheeky:

Missy - I feel your pain (literally) about the bad knee. Yowch!

Deegee - Your mention of Skinny Cow reminds me that I should have gotten some of their ice cream sandwiches at Costco today. I could really go for one of those right about now...

Cjusty - I HATE negotiating for a new car. Next time I have to get one, I will ask you for tips!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening! Matt and I just got back home. Friday would have been my grandmother's 100th birthday. She died last year at 99, and at her funeral plans started being made for a reunion/celebration on what would have been her 100th birthday. It was pretty awesome-pretty much my whole family met in Pigeon Forge for a 4-day get together. She would have been so proud because she loved a good birthday party with all of her "youngins." Only one cousin wasn't there. Food was ridiculous. I'm super sore because we went on a rope course where you're wearing a full body safety harness, walking and climbing on really high ropes. It was a lot of fun, but I'm paying for it now. We got home this evening in time to pick Lily up from the boarding kennel. She was so excited to see me that she put a huge scratch on my face on the same spot where I have a scar from breaking my jaw. It looks lovely. Matt and I will go back to strictly counting points and walking every day tomorrow. I'm craving fresh veggies right now after 4 days of eating horribly!

Marcy-you will love having someone clean for you, I promise. I pay $95 every 2 weeks to clean everything but the spare bedrooms that we put the cats in during the day while we're at work. The service sends 3 people, and they stay about 90 minutes. It is so nice to come home to a clean house after a long day at work. Good luck with picking your outdoor colors. It only took me 3 years to decide to change from dark green door and shutters to a white door and brick red shutters. Getting a dumpster is a really good idea. We've been getting rid of stuff each week, and donated a load of clothes and some furniture, and still have a bunch left to go though. I hate to think about the attic! I'm glad you could fix Marty's little accident.

Dee*Jay-I ate the last skinny cow ice cream sandwich tonight. I love those things! I'm ready to get back in the saddle again too. I knew I had gained some weight back from my last flare up that started in February because I haven't been able to exercise regularly, and I've also taken to drinking a few dark beers in the evening as a little sleep aid (hee-hee). Everyone had to weigh before they put you in the harness for the rope course and I was NOT happy at the number I saw on that blasted scale. I've been making excuses, but seeing that number was the slap in the face I needed.

I'm heading to bed. I don't travel very well. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back, Dee Jay! :wavey: I completely understand drinking from boredom. :appl: Do you like living there yet? That is quite a change of scenery. We will have plenty of room in our new digs for company! And a wine rack too. :bigsmile: It sounds like you've had lots of excitement lately.

Deegee, the celebration for what would have been your grandma's 100th birthday sounds nice. That is great almost everyone was able to make it this weekend. It is a good sign we all start craving healthy food after indulging for awhile. My boss mentioned having our team do a rope course - I do NOT want to do that. I am such a klutz. Marty and I went out and looked at appliances this weekend. The builder mentioned where they buy them from so we went to see what their "standard" order it. I looked at washer and dryers while I was there too. If think if we have the paint picked out that should cut off hours of our time to pick out things for the house.

We met the family at Outback for supper. My mom had made reservations for the 8 of us but we still waited over an hour for the table. I was so hungry when we got seated I ate some of the warm bread and appetizers. The restaurant comped us the appetizers because it took us to long to get our table. I ordered a salad, baked potato and steak for supper. I brought 1/2 of it home for lunch tomorrow.

Marty is nearly finished cleaning the basement but he still has another big dumpster full of things to haul out and throw away. Thursday is rapidly approached. Aak. Hopefully they can empty this dumpster and bring back another one tomorrow. He still needs to clean out the gutters and get some dirt and rock around the front of the house where he cut down some trees.

Well, I am going to get ready for bed. :wavey:
Have a happy Monday!
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Dee*Jay! Wow, I am so sorry about all that you have gone through and I am so glad that you are feeling better and have all of that behind you! I am sure that in no time you will start getting back to your fighting weight and health! One day at a time and be kind to yourself- you have been through a lot. Sending healing,healthy and energy vibes your way!!!

btw, I love Costco and they have organic spinach for an amazing price. We have a spinach salad every day and with some veggies, blueberries, grilled onions (again all from Costco) and it is delicious. And then I add a protein source and it makes a healthy balanced meal. Good luck Dee*Jay and everyone else who is working on improving their health- you can do it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hello DeeJay! :wavey: Nice to see you again--and glad you have not lost your sense of humor! I totally understand the swimming up to the bar thingie--that is how I get thru my workout--I believe there is something yummy waiting for me.... :bigsmile: ;)) . Now I have a new motivation! Camille LaCourt--have you seen that gorgeous Olympic swimmer??? I KNEW there was a reason I hung around pools!!! hehehahhaaaa

In honor of the Olympics--I ran/walked & cycled today. No pool this week as we are going to Cali on Thur and I will be in the water for two weeks. No river but I run back and forth in the water and take my training fins with me. I'll probably take my runner so I can run in the heat. I really love it!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, it sounds like you eat a tasty and healthy meal every day. We don't have a Costco here but we have a Sams Club and their fresh produce is really good.

Sharon, how fun to be following the Olympics with your exercise. Have a wonderful time in California. We head out there in about 5 weeks.

Work was long and boring today. I am looking forward to the work picking up again in about a month. At least I have some software to look forward to testing later this week.

I had leftovers for lunch today, cereal for breakfast, a 100 calorie granola bar for a snack and we had spaghetti and veggies for supper. I stepped in a mud puddle when I got home today and got mud all over the house (after cleaning yesterday). Grr. I thought I'd let it dry and vacuum it tomorrow. I picked up the big pieces anyway so we don't grind them in to the carpet.

Marty continued on his clean out the house projects. He cleaned out the gutters and it's like "Ew" we need to do that more often. He and my dad ran some poles and other pieces of metal out to a buddies house and then he worked on cleaning the basement. I used a swifer to wipe off the walls. They didn't come pick up the big dumpster today so hopefully they come tomorrow and bring us another one so Marty can get that massive dump out finished. I will work on my stuff upstairs while Marty is in Uganda. And yes we did hear there is an outbreak of Ebola in Uganda. Aak! Marty also found a little bit of water under our water heater tonight. He's been down there for about 5 days and hadn't noticed it before. Weird. We also got an estimate on replacing the back patio, step and sidewalk down the side of the house today. Ouch! We may have to replace the walk to the front of the house too. It slopes towards the house. I hope we don't get mean or grouchy inspectors. Send me PS dust Thursday please.

Well, I am going to get to bed a bit early again tonight. I keep waking up early so if I get to bed a little early I hopefully won't be tired.

Take care!
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to the location at my gym that they described on the website as “groovy.” I had no idea what they meant, but *groovy* it was! Picture this: My grandmother’s basement from 1972, supersized, with a bunch of gym equipment in it. The lobby area had long shag carpeting and some Danish modern seating with nubby tweed upholstery, and every corner inside the actually workout area had those low orange pleather couches and fake wood coffee tables. And the “artwork”—oh my! There are some giant blown up photos that were the portraits we all had done in the seventies, with the moms in their poofy boufont hairdos and the daughters with the bangs-cut-too-short pageboys, and both in matching outfits, of course. Plus, that fake wood paneling all over the walls. Strange environment, but oddly comforting. I will try to sneak some photos next time.

My workout was good, but I may have overdone it a little. I’m happy to report that my knees don’t hurt this morning, but I took a muscle relaxer that that they gave me in the hospital for my back. That’s the first one I’ve taken since I ended up in the ER on Easter, and I’m not in real *pain*, but there is definitely a high level of discomfort. I almost wish now I hadn’t taken it because I feel slightly loopy, but my back does feel better, so maybe it was the right thing to do. And as tempted as I am to work out tonight if I feel OK (you know me—Ms. OCD!) I think I’m going to just give my corporate apartment a bit of a clean up because I have someone coming from Chicago this weekend and I haven’t really don’t much cleaning since I moved in six weeks ago (Dee hangs head in shame…)

Missy – I love the produce at Costco, but since it’s just me I never buy it because it would be long gone bad before I could get even half way through it. I had a hankering for a sandwich the other day so I bought the three-pack of lunch meant. I am working my way through the ham, but I put the packages of turkey in the freezer. I’ve never frozen lunch meat before… do you think it will be OK when it thaws?

Sharon – Lacourt… oh yes! Forget the pony, I’ll take HIM for my birthday!!! But that grille thingy… ??? Maybe he just needs some nice older woman to teach him the ways of jewelry fashion!

Marcy – How old is your water heater? Water underneath is a sign I may be ready to go. Depending on the age (I think they typically last 10-15 years), you may want to replace it (and sooner rather than later). They typically aren’t too expensive (of course the price varies with the capacity), but whatever the cost, it will be less than dealing with the ensuing flood from that sucker letting loose. Trust me… the voice of experience here!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon – Lacourt… oh yes! Forget the pony, I’ll take HIM for my birthday!!! But that grille thingy… ??? Maybe he just needs some nice older woman to teach him the ways of jewelry fashion!

DeeJay:

Oh that was Lotche (USA)....I was talking about oh lala LaCourt (French).... USA (grille) vs. French (ne pas grille) ...what can you say.... :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Sharon! Sometimes Dee gets confused... !

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, the gym sounds groovy all right. Wow. Definitely get some pictures for us. Glad you had some muscle relaxers to help this morning. I am setting here with ice gel bags on my feet and knees. Too much house cleaning for the last few days. I've always had good luck freezing lunch meat. Our water heater is 18 years old so yes it could be going bad. Marty didn't see any water under it today though.

Sharon, do you ever go to the Pebbel Beach, Monterey area in California? If so any suggestions for sights, activities and dining?

Deegee, has the weather settled down there so you can get in your evening walks?

Work was slow today which made for a long day. We went to supper tonight then chased around a few stores. Marty finished cleaning out the basement. Sweet. :appl: I vacuumed again and did some laundry. I swept out the garage and helped tear up a bunch of boxes. We are delighted to have that chore done. I swept down the stairs and swifer the wall again but couldn't get to this spider web in the corner. It was in the top back corner of the stair well. If you were on the bottom stair in the basement if was above you but in the corner of the ceiling for the upper floor. No matter what we tried we couldn't reach it so I put a tennis ball in a sock and we kept throwing it at the corner till we got the spider web. It brought up the monotony of cleaning anyway.

Well I guess I should get to bed. I usually am in bed by 11 and it is already 11:15.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1343798303|3244124 said:
Dee Jay, the gym sounds groovy all right. Wow. Definitely get some pictures for us. Glad you had some muscle relaxers to help this morning. I am setting here with ice gel bags on my feet and knees. Too much house cleaning for the last few days. I've always had good luck freezing lunch meat. Our water heater is 18 years old so yes it could be going bad. Marty didn't see any water under it today though.

Sharon, do you ever go to the Pebbel Beach, Monterey area in California? If so any suggestions for sights, activities and dining? Deegee, has the weather settled down there so you can get in your evening walks?

Work was slow today which made for a long day. We went to supper tonight then chased around a few stores. Marty finished cleaning out the basement. Sweet. :appl: I vacuumed again and did some laundry. I swept out the garage and helped tear up a bunch of boxes. We are delighted to have that chore done. I swept down the stairs and swifer the wall again but couldn't get to this spider web in the corner. It was in the top back corner of the stair well. If you were on the bottom stair in the basement if was above you but in the corner of the ceiling for the upper floor. No matter what we tried we couldn't reach it so I put a tennis ball in a sock and we kept throwing it at the corner till we got the spider web. It brought up the monotony of cleaning anyway.

Well I guess I should get to bed. I usually am in bed by 11 and it is already 11:15.

Take care.
Marcy

Sorry Marcy--we are desert folk. Palm Springs is our destination.....

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results