shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-bangs in a roller...that's too funny! I have never done that one. I used to put my jammy bottoms back on after my shower and almost forgot to change out of those one day, but never a roller in the bangs! I'd be loving life if I could wear my jammies and slippers to work. Lancaster is a tiny little town, sort of near Lexington I think. I went to college in that area. I guess it is all the way across the country from you. I hope you didn't overdo it today. Tell Marty he needs to come home and take care of you.

Dee*Jay-yes, the joys of a bad back. I sneezed yesterday and can't turn my head right or left today. So, is the giant bug dream funny to you now that your back has recovered? And how on earth do you get in and out of your car? I had to get rid of my Infiniti G35 for a SUV because I was having so much trouble getting in and out of the car. I felt like I should just curl up my legs and roll out! I'm sure your Porsche is even lower to the ground than my Infiniti.

Today was another busy day at work. I didn't have time to grab lunch, and a coworker tossed me a banana during my last meeting of the day. By the time I got home, I had a nice headache brewing from lack of food. Matt ended up getting home so late that I didn't make dinner. So... For breakfast I had yogurt and strawberries. At around 4 I had a banana, and for dinner I had pita chips and hummus. I cut up a watermelon and had some of that for an evening snack. I seem to go from one extreme to another-either I pig out or don't eat enough. Argh! It has rained the entire day, so no walk. One of my coworkers who lives in the same wilderness town as I do told me we're getting an Anytime Fitness place in our little shopping area. I'll have to look into that since it is always raining and I can't get outside to walk. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, wouldn't that be fun to work in PJ's, slippers and rollers? Wait! Marty can do that (except rollers of course). I am jealous now. :lol: Is your back any better today? I hope it quits raining soon so you can go for a walk.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Deegee, funny you should mention sneezing. Last year when I was first diagnosed with my herniated disc I sneezed and I literally saw stars. I though I might pass out. Really. So I'm with you on this. Ah the joy.

Marcy, I would love to work in my jammies. Most days when I'm home I wear things akin to jammies anyway, just loose lounge pants and a tank top. Glad no one ever comes to my door unexpectedly because I'm just a "vision"!

I am simply exhausted. If my head doesn't explode from all the info I am cramming in there I will alternatively die of sleep deprevation.

A few weeks ago at CVS I bought some really AWFUL asian noodle bowl things. I just at the last one for lunch; 430 calories of pure horror right down the ol' pie hole. Glad those are over with.

OK, back to the misery.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday.

Dee Jay, you are certainly doing marathon studying. I'd be a basket case by now. That is awful to have to choke down your lunch. I hate to waste calories on bad food. I am glad you are finished with them.

In started using my fitness pal today to track food. It works great. You can even put in percentage of a serving to figure calories. I am shooting for 1350 calories a day.

BF was Cheerios, snack mini cinnamon roll, lunch sandwich and baked lays, supper was 2 tacos and a ww giant chocolate bar.

I did stretches and leg lifts.

Chatted with Marty for a while tonight. He gets home Friday morning. Yippee.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I wanna work from home in my jammies and slippers! I'm afraid I'd turn into a sloth and never get off the couch. Matt and I sat on the deck last night and couldn't believe how beautiful the sky looked. It had rained all day but cleared up in the evening, and there was no humidity, no clouds. It was beautiful. We're at a higher elevation than we used to be and there isn't much ambient light. He said he hadn't seen that many stars since he visited his parents in Montana. He wants to get a telescope now. He wanted to see the Leonid meteor shower earlier in the week, but we had heavy cloud cover for a few days and weren't able to see anything. It sounds like steps are giving you fits right now. Are they bothering your knees or feet more? How are your folks getting along?

Dee*Jay-I'm going to have to suck it up and go to the chiropractor tomorrow. Not being able to turn my head at all is driving me crazy. Sorry you don't like your hair cut. My haircut lady tends to experiment on my hair. Most of the time I like it, but she chopped it way too short last time. I'm trying to let it grow past my chin, and then I'll figure out what to do with it. I made sure the last time I went in that she knew only to trim just the very front part of my bangs...nothing else. I think it hurt her feelings, but she scalped me!

I ended up staying home from work today. My neck is making my head hurt, and I'm a tad dizzy. Matt has been coming home for lunch every day, so today he picked up food on the way home and we had a nice lunch on our rickety card table (must buy furniture). Today I had 1/2 piece grilled chicken, green beans, and mashed potatoes for lunch. I didn't cook because I feel crappy, so we went out for a ham sandwich for dinner. The neighbor kid across the street had a birthday party this evening, and they hollered up at us to come down. We met a bunch of people in the neighbornood (they're going to remember me as the stiff neck lady), and I had a cupcake. I have meetings tomorrow so I have to get myself to work. Have a great Thursday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Marcy, I don't know what I was thinking when I got those Asian noodle bowls. Normally when I try something new I only get one but These Were On Sale ( :rolleyes: ) so I bought several. Every one was worse than the last. Yuck. In your new house your master bedroom must be on the first floor, right? Also, isn't your laundry in the basement? I worry about you!!!

Deegee, I went to the chiropractor last year right after the first incident with my back. He is the one who figured out what was really wrong because all the ER did was pump me full of pills and send me home, but I haven't been back since I got "better." (Define "better"... ) I just HATE HATE HATE the part where they yank my head around. I even asked them specifically not to do that, but they seem to think it's necessary. Listen, if I wanted my head turned the whole way 'round on my neck I'd get some pea soup and pretend I was starring in the damn Exorcist.

Last night I had to go and pick up some keys from a client and on the way home I walked past the new "mini" Walmart grocery story that opened in the west loop. I got a little over zealous and bought four bags of groceries... and then walked home. I just googled it and it's 1.3 miles. With four bags of food. What was I thinking? So now I'm sitting here with ice on my back. I do the stupidest things. But at least now I have food in the house.

Today I am going to study till my brain slides right out of my ear!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I read your post this morning while I was in my chiropractor's waiting room. I let out a big "pppfffftttt!!!" and got a lot of funny looks. My neck was really jammed up and if felt like my head was going to come off when he yanked it. Talk about a headache for the rest of the day! And just thinking about all that studying you're doing makes my head hurt worse!!!

Marcy-I hope you're still doing a little better today. Marty should wait on you hand and foot until he has to leave again. Although, Matt has been useless since he got back from his trip to Pasadena - he's so tired and he's working late to try to catch up. Blah, blah, blah.

HI Zoe! I hope your move is going well.

LIly and I are outside right now. It's a beautiful day, 75 degrees, no humidity...Ahhhh. Matt just called and told me not to cook dinner, he has something for us. Probably not something low in calories or fat! I had an egg beater with deli ham for breakfast, leftover grilled chicken, green beans, and mashed potatoes from lunch yesterday. I had lots of snacks, but all fruit - a banana, canteloupe, and watermelon. I'm hoping we can take at least a short walk this evening. It seems like every time I'm ready to get back on track, I do something stupid to myself (like sneeze) and cause a flare-up. Grrr me. Have a wonderful Friday!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Deegee! We got the keys to the new condo this morning and took 2 car loads of stuff over. The living/dining room is much smaller than I remember, and the basement is so musty. The owners left their dehumidifier down there, and I'm hoping that once we turn it on for a while, the mustiness will disappear. We're just going to use it for storage -- all my school things and other things we don't have room for upstairs -- so I'm not too concerned. I just don't want anything ruined. How's your neck feeling today?

D. is in charge of packing up the guest room and his closet in our bedroom, and do you think he's even started? Dealing with him is like dealing with a teenager sometimes and I ran out of patience.

Dee*Jay, I hope your back feels better soon. I hope visits to the chiropractor help, painful as they sound.

Marcy, I've heard good things about My Fitness Pal. I'm glad you like it so far.

Food has been pretty bad over the past couple of days. We ordered pizza today to have until today and tomorrow, but mine was so gross, I threw it out after 2 pieces. I had pizza at another place not long ago (a brick oven type of place), and it had black olives, prosciutto, and artichokes on it. Yum! I tried the same combo at a regular pizza place today and it was way too salty because of the pound of prosciutto they put on top. Yuk. We've gotten other take out lately, too, and of course I didn't exactly order salads. I almost can't wait for home-cooked meals again. Oh but wait, I don't cook. :lol:

Off to watch The Sopranos. Have a good night!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday.

Deegee, I think I’d become pretty unmotivated working at home. I am easily drawn to the dark side (sitting on my butt on the couch and baking cookies). How cool the stars are beautiful from your deck. If you want a little beginner’s scope that is lightweight and easy to use I would recommend the Edmund Astroscan. If you want something more powerful I can give you other recommendations. The Astroscan is a little 4” reflector that looks like a cherry bomb but it honestly works really well. It is wide field (like binoculars) making it easy to find things. It doesn’t blow things up a lot buy you can see nebula, bright galaxies, clusters and planets with it. Steps are giving my knees fits. My parents are about the same. My mom’s PT had her walk to the corner and back today (they are the second house on the block tho). I am probably going to start growing my hair out again too. I notice the right side is a bit shorter than the left. Rats. That is nice you met some neighbors last night. I hope the chiropractor helped your neck. Feel better! What did Matt bring home for supper? Marty said pretty much the same thing Matt did about having to catch up on his other work.

Dee Jay, that stinks each Asian entre was worse than the last. I would usually give up and throw them away. Our house is one floor living. The basement is the man cave and Marty’s office. I am doing better today but I appreciate you worrying about me. I (like Deegee) chuckled out loud at your comment about pea soup and starring in the Exorcist. What a visual picture I have of you now. OMG. How awful to try and carry 4 bags of groceries home that far. I am sorry you hurt yourself again. I swear you, me and Deegee should start a thread of how I hurt myself today. I hope the ice helps your back and I am glad you have some food in the house.

Zoe, how excited to be starting your move. It is strange to hear you need a dehumidifier there; we need humidifiers here. I hope after you get the dehumidifier running the musty smell goes away. I hope D packed up the guest room for you. I do like fitness pal. I really like how you can pick partial servings and it’s on my phone so I just have it with me. Sorry your pizza was so gross. I sure don’t care for greasy pizza anymore.

I did feel better today. My knee is getting stiff when I stand or walk a lot (the thing I notice most is the knee cap feels like it’s pressing on the joint) but I decided I would meet my friend for lunch today. I walked in and out of work twice today then. I also stopped at the grocery store on the way home. I am sore but survived and don’t feel it made anything worse so that is good.

Steps are still painful but seem to be easier and less stressful on my knees. I again faithfully did leg stretches and leg lifts.

Food was good today. Cheerios, mini cinnamon roll (I have one left), 9 chips with salsa, a soft shell taco, 1 Dove chocolate, ½ of a thin crust individual cheese pizza, strawberries and a weight watches chocolate bar. The little pizza was 540 calories so I ate half and I’ll eat the other half for lunch tomorrow.

Well, I need to figure out how to use my little projector with my laptop because I am giving a presentation tomorrow night. Aak.

Laters!!! :wavey:

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick post before I fall into bed, but Marcy have you ever tried patella straps? I wonder if they would help you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I have not tried them but it is worth looking in to them. Thanks!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday, Kids! :wavey:

Marty's home. Yippee!!! Poor guy has been up since 2:30 am our time today. Gets to his truck at the airport and it's completely dead. He sends me a text and I reminded him he has Honda roadside assistance so he called Honda and they sent someone to jump start his trucklet. There is a knob by his right knee that turns on the dome light; it was on so he figured he hit it when he was getting out a week ago Monday. They got to him pretty quickly so he was home by noon. He returned the phones he bought right before he left town and then did some work.

I was very impatient to see him so I left work about 30 minutes early. I picked up burgers from Wendy's for supper. We had our astronomy meeting tonight.

Legs were very sore today but most of it was muscles that are whining about me exercising them. That is good pain. My left foot and left knee have had a few temper tantrums today but I didn't even use my cane at work so that was an improvement. I woke up at 5 am with achy muscles so I turned on my electric mattress pad so I felt better. I am taking off leg lifts for today.

Food wasn't bad: Cheerios, strawberries, the other half of my individual pizza, a low fat granola bar, a burger with 1/2 a bun, about 10 fries and I had a small piece of apple pie after our meeting.

The stack of laundry I have to do is pretty big. That will keep me busy tomorrow.

Laters. Have a great weekend.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Friday...yes!!!!

Marcy-I am so glad Marty is finally home. That stinks about the dead battery, especially after such a long trip, but at least roadside assistance was able to help him out. Matt was home this week but will be gone again next week. We moved into our new house on June 10, and he has been out of town for 5 of the weeks we have been here (next week will be 6). I don't like that. We were sitting on the deck this evening staring at the stars, and I told him you would have good recommendations should he decide to get a telescope. Have you heard of the Green Bank Observatory? It is only a few hours away from us, and we're thinking of taking a trip there this fall. There are some beautiful scenic areas around there too. Should be a great little fall excursion. Don't overdo it doing laundry tomorrow! Your laundry room is on the main floor, right?

Zoe-how exciting! I hope you get the musty smell out of the basement. We left a dehumidifier running in our basement when we lived in Ohio, and it helped a lot. Men are like big teenagers most of the time, I think. Your comment about home cooked meals made me laugh. When we were going through the move, I kept thinking I couldn't wait to get real food again, and then I remembered I don't really cook either! I don't think you can call my attempts at food preparation cooking, since it mostly involves the microwave.

Work was busy today, but I actually made time to go out to lunch with a friend. It was so nice to get out of the office. My neck is hurting so bad that I teared up a time or two today. I hate to admit that. In thinking back, I think I gave myself whiplash last week when I had to slam on the breaks really hard to avoid a moron who came to a complete stop on the interstate because he missed his exit. My neck lost it's curve in my big wreck 15 years ago, so big jolts like a sudden stop are hard on it. I had a head rush right afterwards, so it was a really hard stop. It's the only thing I can think of that would make it hurt this bad. At least I'm not noticing my shoulder right now! Food was bad today-Chinese for lunch and Mexican for dinner. Right now I'm enjoying an Octoberfest beer before bed. We walked this evening, so there's a positive note to my day. Have a great Saturday!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy! Matt and I just got home from a weekend in Cincinnati. 2 of my nieces suckered us into taking them to a Bengals pre-season game, so we decided to make a weekend of it and stay downtown. Neither of them had stayed at a downtown hotel, so it was an experience for them. They weren't sure what to think of the valet taking my car away. They were on their best behavior in the lobby area, but got the giggles in the elevator. I think they had a good time, although they now think Matt and I are rich. We did a ton of walking and ate some good food. The bed was "heavenly", but the pillow was pretty lousy. My neck did not appreciate me forgetting my special neck pillow from home. I'll be heading back to the chiropractor tomorrow. Monday - boooo!!!!! Have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday Evening!

Deegee, sorry Matt has been on the road so much after moving. I have heard of the Green Bank Observatory – you should definitely go visit there and then give me a report. I would imagine they have tours and special events. My laundry is on the main floor. I have 2 steps to get in the house from the garage but once I am inside everything I need is on the main floor. Sorry to hear you have having neck and shoulder pain. You poor thing! I hope you are feeling better and the chiropractor helps you tomorrow. Too cute your nieces think you guys are rich now after treating them to some "uptown" living. We often tell our nieces and nephews when they wish they had our "toys” it is because we don’t have any kids. That makes a BIG difference. Toys are cheaper than children (overall).

Marty wanted to run around yesterday to the Parade of Homes. Walking hasn’t been too bad for me just going up steps so I said okay I will try it. I did wander the main floor of the 7 houses we went to; I took some Advil now and then and was glad to see I made it up that many steps (usually just one or two). Did it irritate my leg and knee? Absolutely but I survived. I even walked around Lowes afterwards looking at a few things. Today I took it pretty easy. Marty got the grab bar put up for me in the garage; it is going to take some getting used to before I figure out how to use it there but at least it’s there for me. I think I need to do the leg lifts and stretches every other day because the soreness isn’t going away. Based on what I find online that is what they suggest. Maybe I’ll do arms one day then legs the other days.

I had a ton of laundry with Marty being gone for 2 weeks so I worked on it yesterday and this morning. Holy lots of socks to sort.

Last night we had friends over to play games. They picked trivial pursuit; sadly that version I bought before we got married so we were all bombing the questions because many of the questions were about things none of us have heard of (or remember). One guy spilled beer on the game board and then again on a box of questions so we threw the game out last night along with all the empty beer bottles. After trivial pursuit we played hearts. They didn’t leave until about 1:30. We cleaned up the beer bottles, plates and got the table cloth in the washing machine so the house wouldn't smell like beer this morning. I was beat by the time I got to bed but slept in today until almost 9.

I was pretty good yesterday food wise until my friend kept feeding me wine last night. Today was not as good but Sunday’s will be my little “extra” day. We had pancakes for BF yesterday and I made Marty some sausage. After the parade of homes we ate at Outback. Both of us had the small filet and I gave Marty ½ of my baked potato. I had a few little pieces of their rye bread and salad. We had a few cheese and crackers, apples and small pita pockets last night when our friends were here. Today I had wheat toast for breakfast and met Marty and his golf buddy for lunch. I had a glass of wine, ½ of a burger and a few fries. Marty wanted a blizzard so that was my supper. Sadly I didn’t check the calories on that tasty treats before consuming it. :lickout:

Tomorrow I am leaving a roast in the crock-pot tomorrow with potatoes ready to bake and some corn on the cob. That will give me lots of leftovers for sandwiches this week for lunch. :bigsmile:

Take care. I hope you had a happy and healthy weekend! :wavey:
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Deegee, LOL about your nieces! It sounds like you all had a great time though, and those are the weekends memories are made of. Twenty years from now you'll all be sitting around the Thanksgiving dinner table and one of them will say, "Remember when we went to the Bengals game and stayed at that hotel downtown... "

Mary, poor Marty with the dead battery! I once brought The Demon home from the emergency vet clinic late at night, had to carry him from the back of the car into the house, and forgot to go back and put down the hatch. The next morning (and of course it was a day when I had to take a client out) the battery was dead, but fortunately one of the maintenance men in my complex jumped it for me.

This weekend all we did was eat! Friday wasn't SO bad--the CB brought over kabobs from this place near his house and made them on the grill--but on Saturday we went to dinner with MiraclesRule who was in town for a few days, and last night we went out with Enerchi and her husband who are visiting for a couple of days this week too. Food food food. And of course no trips to the gym.

In a COMPLETE PANIC over my upcoming exam on the 31st I made peace with the idea of pushing it back to Oct 1 (the next earliest date I can take it). And I ordered an intermediate accounting book from a used textbook store (ironically the same book I had when I took IA in KC, but now it's only $48 instead of $250 because they've come out with a new edition. Accounting doesn't change much from year to year so I was fine saving two hundred bucks and having last year's edition, LOL. So between that, the full Becker review and the additional test bank of 2,000 multiple questions I bought, hopefully I will somehow pass this monster with an extra month to study. I am really worried about the scores from part three that are to be released this week though... ACK.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday! :wavey:

Dee Jay, woo hoo for getting another month to study for your test. :appl: Great find getting a text book at a bargain price. Agreed, tat subject is not going to change much in a new edition. Have fun with the PS GTG and visits. I wished I lived near Chicago so I could come play. I doubt there is another PS member where I live. But then you never know.

Work was BORING but I amused myself by making things in Publisher.

Marty had supper ready for me when I got home. It seemed like I did dishes for an hour but at least I didn't have to cook.

Food today: Cheerios, a mini muffin, 1/2 of a hamburger, a low fat granola bar, roast beef, baked potato, corn on the cob, raw tomatoes and a ww giant chocolate bar.

Have a great evening!
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Marcy, what are these "giant" things you eat?! They always sound so delicious!

Foodwise I ate too much cupcake yesterday. We get them monthly for the birthday celebrations and there were a bunch left over at the end of the day. Every time I walked past the kitchen I had antoher quarter and pretty soon I had eaten more than I care to admit. At one point I'd had so much my belly hurt from all the chocolate icing sloshing around in there. Ugh. So I didn't eat anything when I got home.

I stayed only a little late at my office yesterday because I was frustrated that I wasn't getting a particular concept (two concepts really, but they are almost the same concept if you think them truly through). I went home and looked at the materials but climbed into bed early. This morning I sat down at my computer at it all CLICKED!!! Now I can amortize a bond issued at a premium with the best of 'em! (Of course I say that and I'll get a bunch of questions on the exam that I can't answer, LOL... )

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay, I'm glad things clicked for you!

Marcy, I'm glad you had fun at the parade of homes tour. I love doing that kind of thing.

Deegee, wow, Matt travels a lot for work, huh? It sounds like you and your nieces had fun this past weekend!

Well, we survived the move and it went really well. The movers were in and out within 6 hours, including an hour's travel time from one condo to the other. The living/dining room are much smaller than I remember, and for the most part, everything fits. One of the couches looks ridiculous though since it's essentially plopped in the middle of the room, but that's the only place we could put it. Also, the kitchen is tiny and there's barely any counter space. Oh well, it's fine and we'll make it work. The other rooms are big enough, and we love having the basement and garage for extra storage. We're still unpacking but things are coming together...

Oh, I have other news. I got a job!!!!!!! I interviewed this morning and got called a few hours later. There was a first grade and a second grade position open at a school 25 minutes from our new place. There were about 100 applicants, so I feel really lucky. I'll be teaching 2nd, which is what I had taught at my former school for 7 years. School starts next week, so I have a ton to do between now and then. I have to interview with the superintendent tomorrow, but that's usually just a formality.The school board meets tomorrow to (hopefully!) accept the superintendent's recommendation, and then it will be official. I'll start moving things into my new classroom on Thursday.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe, that's AWESOME!!! Congratulations! It's great that this is working out perfectly for you!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Dee*Jay! I actually started crying when the principal offered me the job. I hope he couldn't tell. :oops: :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Zoe. I am so excited for you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Dee Jay, those bars are by weight watchers and are called Giant Fudge Bars. They are a low fat chocolate ice cream and are like fudgsicles. They are quite tasty. Mmm cupcakes sound good and I was amused by your comment of chocolate icing sloshing around in your stomach. Woo hoo for figuring out how to amortize a bond.

Zoe, I am still very excited for you getting a job offer for 2nd grade. :appl: :appl: :appl: Glad you have a lot of practice teaching 2nd grade. That is great you are all moved in to your new place. It has been a couple of hectic weeks for you but thrilling.

Marty left this morning. He’ll be back Friday. He at least got upgraded to first class. They adjusted his braces yesterday and they are killing him today. That is always his luck.

I went to a small farmer’s market tonight and got a few peaches. I hope they are good.

Food: Cheerios, mini muffin, roast beef sandwich, baked lays, junior hamburger, a few fries and slow churned ice cream.

Did my leg lifts.

Laters,
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Marcy, I keep forgetting to ask -- have you ever been to a physical therapist? Maybe that is where you learned about the exercise that you do... ? And thanks for the info on the fudge bars!

Last night I stayed at work until about 8:30 then went home and did some more simulation exercises. I feel like I finally "got" bonds but when I am faced with a long task I don't do well. I think it is just a matter of practice practice practice, but I really need to move on from this topic because there are so many more to cover...

And today is the alleged score release day from the dreaded part three. As you can imagine, I have been stalking the score release site!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! :wavey:

Dee Jay, I have been to a PT; for many weeks after knee surgery. Looks like I'll be back at one before I know it. :bigsmile: Yay for "getting" bonds. I hope the score gods brought you good news.

My mom is back in the hospital. She has been really weak again and my dad can barely help her get up and go anywhere. She had an appointment with her general physician today who told my dad she needed to be admitted to the hospital. They called her oncologist and my dad took her down to ER. They got her upstairs pretty quickly this time. Her blood readings Monday were bad; they took blood again today and her white blood cells have tripled since Monday. She has lumps on her cheek (where she had the swelling and bruising from falling a few months ago) and a new lump. When the oncologist stopped by he asked her quite a few questions and then said he wants to take a biopsy of those lumps. He said if it is acute leukemia he doesn't feel she could survive the necessary aggressive chemo treatment. If they are localized (maybe in pockets and not getting in her blood) radiation might help. If they can get in to her blood there is nothing he can do. The biopsy results will take a few days.

I wasn't sure my parents understood so I clarified it for them after he left. I guess we'll know in a few days.

Food was not the best today. Cheerios, peach, mini muffin, PB sandwich, baked lays, Coke, a few mini kit kat, rice and roast beef, a glass of wine and a weight watchers chocolate bar. Oh and a few pieces of Lindt chocolate. It's like I am nervous or something.

Laters,
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Zoe-I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!!!! A new place to live, a new job - a fresh start. I student taught 1st and 3rd grades, and always thought 2nd would be a great age group to work with. Have a blast setting up your classroom.

Dee*Jay-one of the reasons Matt let the girls "sucker" him into taking them to Cincinnati was to make another good memory. He's very sentimental that way. He had a terrible childhood and is cherishing the time he has spent with my family & our nieces and nephews. He wants them to look back one day and have fond memories of times we spent together when they were kids. With all of this studying, do you feel like you're always working? I don't have enough self-discipline to go back to school!

Marcy-I'm so sorry to hear your mom isn't doing well. I think about you and your family a lot. My haircut lady's parents aren't doing well, and my parents are having a hard time. We sat and moped during my last appointment talking about how hard it is to see parents having these awful health problems. I'm sending good thoughts your way. I swear you don't eat enough to keep a bird alive!

Work this week has been ridiculous. Meeting after meeting, I'm swamped, and I haven't had lunch all week. I only had one meeting scheduled for this afternoon, so I decided to take it easier today. I went to the chiropractor before work and got griped at because I was actually supposed to go Monday and Wednesday for PT on my neck and shoulder but didn't make it. As I was leaving I slung my purse over my shoulder and got yelled at. I always forget that I am forbidden from carrying my purse on my shoulder, but I can't stand to carry it as a handbag. I bought a LV Speedy once to try to force myself to carry a handbag instead of a shoulder bag, but I carried it less than 5 times, put it in its little dust bag and threw it to the top shelf in my closet. Food has not been good this week since Matt wasn't here. Those french fries I ate a few weeks ago unleashed a fast food/french fry craving! I have been starving after work since I haven't been eating lunch, and going fast food on the way home for dinner. Bad. I did better today - banana for breakfast, no lunch, tomato soup, pita chips and hummus for dinner. If only I can keep myself from snacking tonight. Matt should get home late tonight. Yay! Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! :wavey:

Deegee, that is so cool that Matt wants to give your nieces and nephews some cherished memories. He turned his unpleasant childhood in to something positive for you and your family. He's a keeper! Thanks for thinking of us. It is hard to deal with aging parents. A friend of mine says it well; it's hard to watch our heroes fall. For what I eat I sure can't seem to lose weight. I hope the chiropractor helped with your neck and shoulder. I agree it is hard to adapt to any kind of handbag than one you can sling on your shoulder. I finally switched to nylon bags and love how much lighter they are. I am hooked on Tumi now. Sorry to hear you are so busy at work. I hate meetings all day long. Woo hoo that Matt got home tonight.

Tonight was rough; my mom is really failing. I asked my dad if they have checked to see if any of her organs are failing but he said he hasn't heard them say anything. I asked the nurse when she came in to take her vitals how they looked and she said they looked good. She is having trouble feeding herself with silverware. She does okay if she just uses her fingers. She doesn't eat much anyway. I picked up her a basket of yellow roses and daisies. They did take her down for the biopsy on her check today.

I did my leg lifts tonight and did a batch of laundry. Marty will be home tomorrow.

Food: Cheerios, Peach, Mini muffin, rice with roast beef, plain hamburger and a dish of slow churned ice cream.

Have a great Friday!
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Weekend! :wavey:

Marty is home. We went to the hospital to visit my mom. She is definitely weaker today. She says she can't chew or swallow. She did not eat much as all today. Her oncologist came by and he said the initial results of her biopsy (not final) shows only 8 part cancer which is good; 20 part would indicate the acute leukemia. The entire sample will still be analyzed though. He wants to try and get her down to the rehab floor as soon as possible. He said her chemo shots so far have been a 1/2 dosage and he plans on increasing that. Send PS dust her way.

Food: cheerios, peach, mini muffin, easy mac, taco, coke and dish of frozen yogurt.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, Happy Weekend!

Marcy-I'm sorry to hear your mom is weaker, but the initial results sound hopeful. They will use rehab to help her build strength? Your friend definitely said it well about watching your heros fail. So true. My haircut lady said she's having a hard time with the fact that her parents are getting the health issues of old people and she never saw her parents as old, even though they are in their 80's. I'm sending lots of good thoughts and dust your way. I'm glad Marty is home, and hopefully he won't have to go anywhere for a while. I think Matt is home for next week. Great big YAY to that! And yes, Matt is a keeper! His childhood was lousy, and mine was awesome. Hearing his stories has always made me sad because he is such a great guy. I love that he loves to be around my clan, and they like him better than they like me I think!

Work was crazy again today, but I took lunch and went out with a friend who I used to work with. I worked 2 hours late, which stinks for a Friday. Matt and I went furniture shopping after work. The furniture store we love has interior designers on staff, and we spoke with one briefly this evening and have made an appointment to go back one evening next week to meet to start getting ideas. I told her I'd be her most difficut client and she said she was up for the challenge. She doesn't know what she's saying! Just wait until I tell her how long it took me to pick out kitchen countertops. We went to Best Buy and bought a sound bar for my television. We're getting ready to hang curtains so we can sleep late tomorrow with no sunlight waking us up at the crack of dawn. Marcy-I'm so glad you recommended Bed, Bath & Beyond. I bought media room velvet 100% blackout curtains. They're awesome! If these hadn't worked, I was going to give up and go the custom route. Food today - strawberries for breakfast, chinese vegetables for lunch, and grilled chicken and veggies for dinner. And a big beer. Have a wonderful Saturday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Marcy, your mom's oncology results are good news, but I'm sorry to hear she is weaker. I'm glad you mentioned the Tumi bag BTW because I am about ready to replace the bag I use every day, including putting my laptop in when I lug it anywhere, and I was thinking of what to get because I want something light. There is an outlet mall down by my dad's place in Florida with a Tumi store and I will look there when I visit in September.

Deegee, Bed Bath and Beyond is a dangerous place. I can easily spend a couple hundred bucks without batting an eye on all sorts of sh!t I really don't need. My answer (at the moment) is just not to go there while I'm living in this tiny important, but when I was in the townhouse with a garage... oy.

I worked out early yesterday morning (like 6:30) and then proceeded to waste the entire day waiting for my third part score to come out. And the score is STILL NOT OUT. WTF. Today I am powering through pension account and deferred taxes. Excitement abounds...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results