shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 3rd Nov till 9th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hi gang!

It''s been a crazy Monday here at work, and things will only get more hectic as we''re prepping for a big conference. I''ll be travelling to Boston on Friday and there''s so much to do before then!

I had a great weekend full of parties and FOOD. OY! I did my best to stay in check but it was soooo hard. But I''m back on the wagon today and it''s full steam ahead.

Last time i posted, i shared how much weight i''d lost during my 4-week bootcamp adventure. 6.5 lbs! Over the weekend, my trainer shot me an email with my body fat percentage and interval times. I reduced my body fat by 1.5%, which she was pleased with (i don''t know much about BF%, so i''m happy that she''s happy!) On the interval time front, i clocked in at 3:37 on my first Friday, and then at 3:09 on the last Friday. So my endurance and stamina increased.

She provided me with some goals for the next bootcamp (yep, i''m doing it again!), which gives me something to work towards. I''ve got 2 weeks of downtime until the next round, so i''m going to work on staying active (i went to the gym this morning- YAY!) and just maintaining. I think i gained a pound over the weekend, which was a HUGE wakeup call. Why is it so easy to gain weight, and a total pain to take it off??

Lorelei- AWESOME opener, as always! A turning point for me was when I realized that I do want to have a child, and that I had to make a change and embrace a healthier lifestyle in order to have a healthy pregnancy and baby (if i am so blessed!)
Miscka- I too use my pants as a marker. I''m wearing a pair right now that were so tight 4 weeks ago & i couldn''t eat in them!
Elle- Oh hun, i can relate to a critical mom! She''s been giving me food guilt trips all my life. i just ignore her
Julianna- Good to see you around here. Don''t beat yourself up too much- you''re doing yoga, and that''s great!
Dragonfly- I have that book, and should dig it out and learn a lesson or two from it!
Panda- Yahoo for gym workouts and flatter bellies!
SDL- i have no doubt that you''ll be 9lbs lighter by the time Santa pays you a visit! You''re such a FAB GAL in your pics!
lliang- i hope the nice weather lasts so you can get in some more active days
ILA13- you''re off to a great start this week. keep it up!
Zoe- sorry to hear that MP wasn''t what it''s cracked up to be. I''ve only been once and can''t say i''d like to go back!
merry & gecko- sounds like we have similar motivations. we''ll keep each other going- deal?

Hiya, Linda & peachy!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 4:22:23 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Linda you''re such a doll :) Thank you. My skin has become progressively worse these past few months (hormones again?) and I take tetracycline twice a day again
5.gif
I am looking into a Murad product called Resurgence.. something has to tackle this, hm? :) I am thrilled its November already!! Just 9 more days and I''ll be in South Carolina!!!!!!!
16.gif
SDL- just had to mention that i LUV Murad products! I decided when i turned 30 that i was going to take a step up from drugstore brands. i''ve always had skin on the oilier side and it just went nuts with acne in my late 20''s. i did some research and went with the murad acne kit. i''ve since moved on to products from their other lines, but always incorporate an acne treatment into my regimen. Every once in awhile i''ll treat myself to a facial at the Murad spa in El Segundo.

Their stuff isn''t cheap, but i buy it from an ebay seller- i think it''s the SKIN BAR

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 8:45:08 PM

Date: 11/3/2008 7:08:04 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl

Date: 11/3/2008 4:22:23 PM

Linda you''re such a doll :) Thank you. My skin has become progressively worse these past few months (hormones again?) and I take tetracycline twice a day again
5.gif
I am looking into a Murad product called Resurgence.. something has to tackle this, hm? :) I am thrilled its November already!! Just 9 more days and I''ll be in South Carolina!!!!!!!
16.gif
SDL- just had to mention that i LUV Murad products! I decided when i turned 30 that i was going to take a step up from drugstore brands. i''ve always had skin on the oilier side and it just went nuts with acne in my late 20''s. i did some research and went with the murad acne kit. i''ve since moved on to products from their other lines, but always incorporate an acne treatment into my regimen. Every once in awhile i''ll treat myself to a facial at the Murad spa in El Segundo.

Their stuff isn''t cheap, but i buy it from an ebay seller- i think it''s the SKIN BAR
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I know this little place here in Santee called Kamay sells it but good Lord it really is spendy..
You''re welcome, SDL! Here''s the link to their ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com/The-Skin-Bar_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsxQ3asstQQtZkm
As well as to another seller, Skin Lady- she''s good too: http://stores.ebay.com/Skinlady2-Pretty-Skin-4-Less_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsxQ3asstQQtZkm

Finally, on a totally unrelated note, your mention of Santee reminded me that i''ll be in Lakeside on 12/6 for an Xmas party. If you''re around and up for it, I''d LOVE to get-together! Hopefully Kimberly sees this and chimes in, ''cause i''d like to meet her too! Anyway, let''s see what happens...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........It was a very looooong day and somewhat frustrating at work too. Not that anything bad happened, but it was just a bit frustrating. At least the day ended well, with me meeting Charlie for sushi after work and one of my former employees and her teenage daughter joined us, so it was fun. We had coffee afterwards (what a surprise??)! Tomorrow will be an 'uber' long day as I'll go to the gym immediately after work.

My goodness, there are so many posts for one day. I'll just have to say a big hello to everyone as I can't possibly write everyone individually.

But, I truly need to give a big thank you to Lorelei. Dear Dear Lorelei.......you always start the week with a wonderfully inspirational opening, but this week's opening really spoke to me as it obviously spoke to so many of our family here on the HLT. I certainly had a defining moment. It was somewhat tied to turning 50, but it was one in which after a client visit and the client suggested we walk up the stairs as opposed to taking the elevator and after climbing one measly flight, I was so out of breath I couldn't speak. I was embarrased and ashamed. Not to mention that my clothes were all too tight and I just kept on gaining weight. It all just came down to a realization that if I didn't do something and do it radically soon, I was not going to live a long life. So that's when I decided to "Rebuild Rod," join the gym, quit smoking, start eating healthy and make radical life changes forever. Defining moments are really good moments. They are a blessing in disguise and I hope everyone who truly wants to make significant changes in their life will look to that defining moment and hang on to it as if their life depended on it. After all, our lives do depend on it. For me, my defining moment was a gift to be treasured...........

And Michelle, you are beautiful in both pictures, but the one of you so happy in your thinner more stunning you is one I know you are proud of as well you should be!!

Good night everyone!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi WWTers,

Had a great time with my sis, nephew, and BIL. J and I went out to eat last night after my plane got it. Today was work, gym, tutoring. Red snapper, sweet potato and broccolli for dinner.

Monkey, I too work with children on the spectrum. I''m a substitute in a long-term position in a 3/4 ASD classroom, I tutor/kidsit for a child w/ PDD, and I work for a non-profit that is focused on the improvement of social skills for children on the spectrum.

Elle, I''m so sorry you''re struggling. I have no great words of advice, just empathy. Been there, done that.

My "A-HA!" moment was when I went to the MD and saw 199 on the scale. It made me want to puke. I was huge, and I knew it. I was uncomfortable, and I knew it, but that number flipped a switch, hitting 200 wasn''t going to happen. Here I am 6+ years later and so much more healthy.

Have a great night all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
Holy Lean Cuisine - this thread is busy today! I had today off from work so Marty and I went and voted first thing this morning.I am met my parents for lunch.I picked up the house, did laundry and actually studied my notes for school tonight before class.Winter is on the way back to Wyoming.Rats.

Rod, glad you and Charlie got to spend Sunday together.I would agree our defining moments are blessing in disguise.

SanDiegoLady, I am sure you’ll look stunning no matter what you buy to wear to Zac’s graduation.I love your comparison photos but you are a very lovely woman – in both of them. You certainly can see you’ve lost a lot of weight.I like you hair better now both style and color.

Steph, I don’t get to see the ocean very often so I am always mesmerized by it whenever I get to see it.I really enjoyed going through my old photos.

Lorelei, great topic to start off the week.Congratulations for making the necessary changes to live a healthier life.I used to have rapid heartbeats and heart palpitations.I was startled awake by a noise outside which sent my heart racing so bad I was afraid to move.It didn’t settle down for hours.I had to call in sick to work because of it.I decided I’d had enough, this was stupid and I had to do something now or face serious medical problems.I just made up my mind I was going to lose weight and get healthier.I had to find a plan that worked for me so I could stay on it for life.I too am at peace with myself even though there are things I’d like to change or improve.I liked reading over your “plan”.I eat dry cereal all the time too.

Miscka, I sure notice my self-perception changes once I get used to my size.I think listening to your body is a good indicator of where we are.

Elle, sorry to hear you are having a tough time.I find new nail polish or a new hairdo can brighten up my mood. I agree getting even some clothes that you like and feel good might help.Hugs to you lady.

Hi Peachy and Julianna.It’s good to hear from you.

Dragonfly, great ideas about not giving in to hunger immediately and learning to stop eating when satisfied not stuffed.

Panda, sorry to hear about falling down the stairs and hurting your toe.Ouch! Get better soon.

Hi lliang.It sounds like you had a healthy summer and have plans for working out this winter. Welcome to the thread.

Asschers, good idea to have some clothes that fit you and make you feel good.No worries about having some pizza and beer this weekend.It sounds fun for a change.

Merry, I am glad you are taking the first step towards exercise.I was where you are and started out with baby steps too – basically stretches is where I started.Your job sounds very emotionally taxing but you (like our Kimi) are very special ladies helping out children with special needs.Sorry to hear about your cousin, I so understand your fear.

Geckodani, the third time is the charm my friend.

36.gif

Linda, I can’t believe it’s November already either.

Zoe, glad you enjoyed most of your meal at MP – but yes it is very pricey.Sorry to hear you are still feeling bad.

ChargerGirl, glad to hear you are going for another round of boot camp.Your first one sure rewarded you with some positive results.

Kimi, that is great you had a lovely weekend.I remember only too well when they had to keep moving the bar over to 200 then 300.That isn’t going to happen again.

38.gif

Have a great evening.
Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/3/2008 4:24:35 PM
Author: Julianna

Date: 11/3/2008 3:53:01 PM
Author: Lorelei

Thanks Miss Linda!
35.gif

J - I don't have that problem either....
39.gif

* quick threadjack* Hey Jules! I have found another perfume you might like and it is cheap online - Habanita by Molinard. It is a smoky powdery tobacco - it is another oldie but it is good stuff!
Oh I am ON IT. I will let you know what I think.
31.gif
ROFLMAO!!! That was fast!!! I hope it arrives quickly
3.gif
, it is a very different brew....like baby powder, leather and tobacco on steroids!
9.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Just got off my early conference call today, 7AM! I did go for a run yesterday, but it was a very short one. I''m going to try to go again today, without the dog so I can go a little further. My dog is a very lazy runner. I totally didn''t connect Daylight Savings Time ending = It''s going to be dark at 5PM, so I had to run in the dark, which I kinda don''t like to do. Hopefully I"ll cut out of work for 45 mins to get a run in around 4PM today.

James, my fiance, had a meeting here at the house, so I left and had dinner with a friend. I made an apple pie for him to offer to his classmates, but he forgot, so I have 1/2 a pie sitting here at home. Sigh! James won''t eat it, so I need to figure out what to do with it that does NOT include me consuming the rest of it...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2008 9:07:38 AM
Author: lliang_chi
Just got off my early conference call today, 7AM! I did go for a run yesterday, but it was a very short one. I''m going to try to go again today, without the dog so I can go a little further. My dog is a very lazy runner. I totally didn''t connect Daylight Savings Time ending = It''s going to be dark at 5PM, so I had to run in the dark, which I kinda don''t like to do. Hopefully I''ll cut out of work for 45 mins to get a run in around 4PM today.

James, my fiance, had a meeting here at the house, so I left and had dinner with a friend. I made an apple pie for him to offer to his classmates, but he forgot, so I have 1/2 a pie sitting here at home. Sigh! James won''t eat it, so I need to figure out what to do with it that does NOT include me consuming the rest of it...
LOL! Pour salt over it, or if you really can''t resist then try to have a little and bin the rest!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Boy did I have some catching up to do. Well yesterday ended well for me. I did 200 varying crunches, 20 squats, 20 plie''s, 40 lunges, 20 butt lifts, and 40 leg lifts. Tonight I plan to do all of the above plus sit ups and walk some at SO''s mom''s house. Breakfast was Morning star veggie sausages 2 patties on whole wheat. I like their products, they are delicious and I don''t feel like I"m eating my pet pig :). Lunch is going to be a fruit bowl, and I''m having goldfish and celery with peanut butter as my two snacks per day. I''m still getting the list of the different challenges together. Lorelei, what do you think of me posting one after your opener each week, and it will be a weekly challenge for everyone to follow?

Panda - GJ sticking with it!!! Despite the bum toe
SDL - I think pinning b**bs is inevitable for anyone C or bigger. I''ve been there and done that. Sigh... but that''s when you put on a sexy black cami underneath and leave the buttons open!!!I''m glad you feel happier now though
Iliang - It is NEVER too late. Glad you are joining us
ILOVE - good luck on your paper
mm - glad you feel better. Leek Tagliatelle? SPILL the recipe. And how wonderful of you to be so thoughtful for J, his parents really should be turned in to CPS
Gecko - I know you can do it!! Keep your ultimate goal in mind, and always remember you are worth it!!
ZB- I hope you get better soon!!
Jullianna - NOW YOU DID IT GIRL!! LOL I challenge you to do 20 squats, 20 lunges on each leg and 20 curtsies, every night!!! DO IT!!! I do 100 jumping jacks alternate nights with that
Charger - what goals did your coach set for you? Maybe others could benefit from some of the exercises?
Rod - you are an inspiration to all of us, right up there with Lorelei
Kim - glad you had fun!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Holy Lean Cuisine--that was halir Marcy!!!
9.gif

Rode the bike today to some very stale movie on TV--I was tempted to put in "Elf" but I thought I would at least wait until Dec..... it is supposed to snow in our neck of the woods, we''ll see.

Take care gangaronni!
35.gif

cheers--Sharon

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei - Thank you for the ongoing support and words of wisdom. Always very much appreciated!
9.gif

In return have a recipe! (see end of post!)

ChargerGrrl - Most definitely. It's so hard when I have this goal in sight but it feels impossible to reach. Yet if I want children I know I have to go through the next couple of years of intense effort. We'll be there for each other!

KimberlyH - Awesome. It's so nice to find someone who understands eactly what I do all day I love my job, as stressful as it can be at times. Those children are so incredible. I am currently a Teaching Assistant in a year 3 class of predominantly ASD children. We have 11 children in the class. 4 of whom are severely Autistic, most of the others are ASD, 2 are Global Delay and one is ADHD. An interesting and lively mix of children. It is so rewarding though. I am going onto the HLTA Programme next year as I have been a TA in various schools for 7 years now. I did go into teacher training back in 2004 but did not complete the course. Maybe one day...I think HLTA status will be a step in the right direction again. I might be getting my own subject to teach the class too. The teacher is willing to let me take over one subject of my choice, plan, resource, teach it etc. Sounds like it could be fun.

Marcyc - There is hope for me then? I think I will enjoy the netball. They want to start a women's rugby team too! And a choir. Choir definitely yes for me. Rugby...too rough, not my thing at all! haha. The job IS very tiring physically and emotionally...especially when there are Child Protection issues which can sadden you. Makes us love them even more and strive to provide outstanding care for them when they are in school.

dragonfly411 - The lovely little lad deserves to feel clean and comfortable in school. There are ongoing issues with the family which CPS are involved with. Just wish they would do more. Social services are too slow! WOAH, you worked out hard! I could not manage even a fraction of 200 crunches! haha. So then, this recipe...

LEEK TAGLIATELLE

It's really not anything overly special, also really quick and easy to prepare. For a serving of 2/3 people:

Cook approx 200g of tagliatelle pasta.
While pasta is cooking chop and fry (in 0 cal spray oil...we use the extra virgin olive oil spray) 2 leeks until tender. Add mixed herbs if desired.
Drain off pasta once cooked and return to pan. Add the leeks.
For the sauce I used an instant white sauce mix, added a small amount of flour to help thicken and added black pepper to spice up the taste a little. You can experiement with the sauce though, use a cheesey sauce mix, create your own with cream, stir in a pre-made jarred sauce such as Dolmio white sauce etc etc. I went for one of the easy options. Stir in preferred sauce and add a little grated cheese. Return to heat for a couple of minutes till cheese is melted into sauce and serve!

YUM. Tasty mean in 10-15 minutes.

Also, hello to EVERYONE ELSE in the thread. It's so hard to reply to you all individually...I dunno how you all manage it! I am reading and takeing note of every person's posts in here. You are all wonderful and inspirational.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly - absolutely!! Please do so and post a weekly challenge!!
35.gif
Want to start next week?

MM you are very welcome and thanks for the recipe!

Hey CG - thanks!

Sharon - enjoy your snow....*sniffs jealously*
39.gif
9.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
MM - that sounds delicious! I think I''ll try that this week! YUUUMMMMMM

Lorelei - Sounds good to me. I''ll post the first one on Monday and whoever wants to participate can. They keep me really motivated and give me new challenges so hopefully others will find them useful
2.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 10:56:10 AM
Author: dragonfly411

Jullianna - NOW YOU DID IT GIRL!! LOL I challenge you to do 20 squats, 20 lunges on each leg and 20 curtsies, every night!!! DO IT!!! I do 100 jumping jacks alternate nights with that
IT''S ON!!! *UFC music inserted here*

emotion-39.gif
(that''s my competition face hee hee)

Starting toniiiiight!!

No jumping jacks though, my downstairs neighbors already hate me for existing on the floor above them. Guess they have vaulted-ceiling envy. Jumping up and down would do me no good in any sector. Heh.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Julianna - that''s ok. Most of the cardio in the Biggest Loser Cardio challenge is lunges, side lunges, alternating squats, and kick boxing work (which you could do boxer shuffles instead of jumping jacks. It doesn''t have the heavy impact). The kick boxing includes punches too which works your shoulders and core!!

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!

Man, I miss a few days and I feel like I''ve missed alot! LOL

To answer Lorilei''s opening post question, my defining moment was when people who hadn''t seen me in some time had the initial response, "Man, you''ve gained weight..." To be honest, I hadn''t realized so much so that I had gained so much weight and I was one of those people that thought I hid my weight well. I didn''t even own a scale until 6 months ago, so I really had no clue.

So since my yucky moment last week, I have made some changes with positive results. I''m still doing my squats in between spare moments in the office and the kickboxing is working quite well for me. Surprising, I feel more energetic after the class than before. I haven''t lost any weight, but my clothes, especially my shirts, are fitting ALOT better. I can finally wear something other than cotton (because everything else seems to cling to my shape).

The difficult part now is controlling my portions. I know the best method is to eat small meals or snacks every 4 hours or so, but I still find myself being hungry about 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Does anyone know how to combat this?

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone!

So I didn''t work out again today which is a bummer but I just cant'' do it when I get no sleep.
8.gif

Zoe- The melting pot is my all time favorite restaurant. I am more a salty rather than sweet person so i LOVE the cheese.. it is my favorite part of the meal!

SDL- my boyfriend loves costco salmon! I have yet to really try it but I tried scallops for the first time on Sunday- my friend made them with butter and lemon juice.. I know.. college students cooking scallops? crazy! haha
3.gif

Canuk girl - elf is one of my favorite movies.

Dragonfly- I made this most awesome breakfast meal for dinner last night- peppers, onions, a LITTLE bit of hash browns, egg white scrambled eggs, and morning star sausage patties all mixed up to make a breakfast salad and it was SOOOO awesome. I saved half and had the rest for breakfast for real. Yummy.

Well everyone, I don''t have time to comment on all of the posts, and tomorrow no working out either because my kitties have a vet appt. at the normal time I work out at. I will maybe go after.

I''m so engulfed with this election! It was my first time voting, and I''m happy I did!

P.S. Good job EVERYONE on the working out and eating healthy. It sounds like everyone is really making an effort.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I am setting here in my sweats watching election returns.We had burgers on the grill and kraft mac and cheese for supper.I hear we are getting cold and snow soon.
SanDiegoLady, darn it for not finding an ivory sweater.Woo hoo for getting in to size 10 slacks.I hope you have better luck at Ann Taylor tomorrow.
Hi Lorelei.I pour stuff on food too if I am tempted to eat it.I’ll do that especially in a restaurant.
lliang, I always take my leftover baked goods to work.Apple does sound yummy.It’s going to take a while getting used to it being dark at 5.
Dragonfly, congratulations for another great round of workouts today.
Thanks, Sharon.We are getting snow too.Winter is on it’s way.
Merrymunky, of course you can do this – whenever you feel blue maybe go look at my before and after picture because if I can do this so can you.
Julianna, LOL at your competition face.
Diva, woo hoo for your clothes fitting better.I eat every 2 to 3 hours maybe that will help.

Asschers, I hope you sleep tonight.
Well, take care and have a great evening.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2008 10:50:59 PM

Date: 11/4/2008 9:38:43 PM
Author: marcyc

SanDiegoLady, darn it for not finding an ivory sweater.Woo hoo for getting in to size 10 slacks.I hope you have better luck at Ann Taylor tomorrow.

I found a pair of chocolate tweed-ish looking slacks IN A SIZE EIGHT and an ivory sweater at Nordy''s.. I''m going to pick up a pair of ankle boots tomorrow at DSW and a lighter sweater (just in case) on my way to getting my hair done tomorrow and work.
Your outfit sounds lovely and classy. You will be a knockout at graduation. Woo hoo for size eight slacks.
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi........I''m sitting in front of the TV, on this most historic of evenings as they just announced that Barack Obama will be the 44th President of the United States of America. It is an amazing and overwhelming thing to see such a wonderfully historic event. My true hope is that President Obama will deliver on his promise to unite our country and help guide us out of these troubled economic times. He has even suggested that his cabinet will be filled the best people for our country, whether they are Republican or Democratic. So God Bless our new President and may he be the leader America hoped and prayed for...........

OK back to our regular programming. It was my typical "uber" long day. I worked till after 6 PM, then made it to the gym about 6:30. I was suprised how incredibly crowded the gym was. The election results were just beggining to toll in and everyone was electrified. Do a set, check the Electoral votes. Do a set, check the Electoral Votes. I didn''t finish my workout until about 9:45, but I did everything I wanted to do and more.

I''m sorry for not speaking to anyone personally. It''s just so late and I need to get to bed soon.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2008 6:24:53 PM
Author: Diva0413
Hi all!

Man, I miss a few days and I feel like I''ve missed alot! LOL

To answer Lorilei''s opening post question, my defining moment was when people who hadn''t seen me in some time had the initial response, ''Man, you''ve gained weight...'' To be honest, I hadn''t realized so much so that I had gained so much weight and I was one of those people that thought I hid my weight well. I didn''t even own a scale until 6 months ago, so I really had no clue.

So since my yucky moment last week, I have made some changes with positive results. I''m still doing my squats in between spare moments in the office and the kickboxing is working quite well for me. Surprising, I feel more energetic after the class than before. I haven''t lost any weight, but my clothes, especially my shirts, are fitting ALOT better. I can finally wear something other than cotton (because everything else seems to cling to my shape).

The difficult part now is controlling my portions. I know the best method is to eat small meals or snacks every 4 hours or so, but I still find myself being hungry about 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Does anyone know how to combat this?
You know Diva, I REALLY don''t understand why people feel the need to point that out....
20.gif
If you can use these comments to make a positive change then jolly good for you, but it can be so hurtful....

As to being hungry at that time of day, I am too so I allow myself something substantial but healthy - I usually have two tricks such as choosing something '' decently sized'' that I can have if I want something sweet, and the same if I want savoury. So you can choose from your fave foods and try this way maybe?

MissDimity

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

First time on this thread, but I thought I would join.
I WANT TO GET HEALTHY and loose a bit of weight ( currently 5"4 123 lbs).
My current diet consists of 2 chocolate bars with diet coke for breakfast, sushi or subway for lunch, take away Indian or fast food for dinner. ( NOT GOOD). Actually had a really healthy diet for 5 years, whilst in high school and first few years of uni, but had no social life ( due to friends having lots of social functions involving food).
So hopefully this thread will inspire and motivate me.

Ball 2.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to the thread Miss Dimity - great to have you with us
35.gif

You look stunning in your pic!

MissDimity

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Lorelai!

Ok so it''s just past midnight in Australia, and I''m pretty hungry, but bought Optislim coffee drinks so I think I''ll have one to quench my hunger.
Today is the 6th November and from this Optislim drink forth I will ( and I mean it) be healthy! , good luck to everyone for this week as well. XXX

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2008 8:32:31 AM
Author: MissDimity
Thanks Lorelai!

Ok so it''s just past midnight in Australia, and I''m pretty hungry, but bought Optislim coffee drinks so I think I''ll have one to quench my hunger.
Today is the 6th November and from this Optislim drink forth I will ( and I mean it) be healthy! , good luck to everyone for this week as well. XXX
You can totally do this! As we always say here - slow and steady wins the race!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Healthy PScopers! So, I have kind of a funny story to share with you all. Monday was Andrew and my birthday so I asked him where he wanted to go for lunch. He chose Chick-Fil-A so he could play on their playground. Anyway, I had my nice healthy salad and we sat down to eat next to a table full of burly police officers. They were pretty loud, so you couldn''t help but listen to their conversation....well, this sweet old lady came by to offer everyone a sample of their new Peppermint Chocolate Chip milkshakes. Oh my, that was a hard one to pass up b/c I love those flavors combined. So when she gets to the police officers table, everyone takes one except one really large guy. He told the lady no thanks because he was on a diet, which I thought was great b/c he didn''t just get one like the rest of the guys. But then after she left, he says "Man I can''t wait until I''m off of this diet so I can have milkshakes and beer again!" I was thinking, Dude that''s the problem! You can''t just go on and off of eating healthy or you will never stay healthy and all your hard work will be for not! That is how I used to be as well until a lightbulb went off in my head that said have a treat now and then, because you are in it for the long haul....a healthy diet is not something to go on and off of. Anyway, just thought you HLTers might like that story since slow and steady is our mantra around here! Everyone have a great day!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2008 9:15:36 AM
Author: steph72276
Hi, Healthy PScopers! So, I have kind of a funny story to share with you all. Monday was Andrew and my birthday so I asked him where he wanted to go for lunch. He chose Chick-Fil-A so he could play on their playground. Anyway, I had my nice healthy salad and we sat down to eat next to a table full of burly police officers. They were pretty loud, so you couldn''t help but listen to their conversation....well, this sweet old lady came by to offer everyone a sample of their new Peppermint Chocolate Chip milkshakes. Oh my, that was a hard one to pass up b/c I love those flavors combined. So when she gets to the police officers table, everyone takes one except one really large guy. He told the lady no thanks because he was on a diet, which I thought was great b/c he didn''t just get one like the rest of the guys. But then after she left, he says ''Man I can''t wait until I''m off of this diet so I can have milkshakes and beer again!'' I was thinking, Dude that''s the problem! You can''t just go on and off of eating healthy or you will never stay healthy and all your hard work will be for not! That is how I used to be as well until a lightbulb went off in my head that said have a treat now and then, because you are in it for the long haul....a healthy diet is not something to go on and off of. Anyway, just thought you HLTers might like that story since slow and steady is our mantra around here! Everyone have a great day!
Steph that story is so true and rings a bell with me too! Good to see you!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Yesterday I worked both jobs, voted, ate pork chops for dinner, watched the election results and off to sleep. I''m tutoring/kidsitting today, will go to the gym before I head to their house. J mentioned pot roast for dinner.

Munky, I love what I do, too. There are days when I am wiped by the time I get home, but I feel so lucky to get to do my job.

dragon, the challenge idea sounds fun!

Welcome, missdimity.

Have a great day everyone.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Good reminder Steph!

I''m... well, I''m trying, LOL.
5.gif
Been behaving, counting points during the day, but then I get home and they fly out the window. I''ll figure it out.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results