shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 30th March till 5th April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Tuesday!

Alli -- I''m sorry you''ve been in pain. I hope you feel better soon and that the procedure goes smoothly. I hope the appt. goes well for you tomorrow. Best wishes being sent your way!

Lliang -- I''m hosting a baby shower, and I''m really excited about it. It''s for one of my closest friends who I don''t see as often as I''d like.

Charger -- congrats on running your 10K!

Elmorton -- One tip I got after my observation was that I need to be asking more higher-level thinking questions (I teach second grade). The other tip was that during center time/guided reading (when I''m working with a small group), I should remind the rest of the class not to interrupt my time with the kids I''m working with. "Not unless you or someone else is bleeding or throwing up!" were my principal''s words. I DO remind them, and I HAVE actually used those words, but I feel like it''s a hopeless cause. I still get interrupted. Oh well. I''ll work on it and hopefully things will have gotten a little better by the next time my principal observes me formally.

Hi Tacori! I hope all is well in the Tacori household!

Hi Marcy!

Burk -- your av. makes me giggle every time I see it. What a silly girl you have! I might have missed it, but are you building a house?

HH -- I''m glad you like the Daily Plate. It sounds helpful!

Skippy -- I hope your husband feels better soon! We finish school on June 19th I believe. We''ve had a ton of snow/ice days this year, so we''re making up a week at the end of the year. We would have gotten out earlier if it wasn''t for that, but it''s pretty much guaranteed that we''re going to have a fee snow days throughout the winter.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, back from Intervals, we did 15 mins of step which was fun w/2 risers and then did of 3 mins of strength training, 2 mins of cardio as fast as we can go, and then 1 min of abs, we repeated that 6 times (6 sets). My friend and I stayed after class to tell the instructor she was very inspiring; actually her whole family is in amazing shape!

Well hubby is home sick; he came home at lunch time because he wanted to turn in some stuff for work. I went and picked up his luggage and then picked up some green chile stew for him and some rotisserie chicken for us so that is what we will be eating for dinner along with some Veggies. It is so good to have him back; I notice I am a little happier now that he is home (even though I am usually happy for the most part). hehe Have a great day all
35.gif

BURK, yay for step today; I thought I am going to have to tell Burk I did step too. hehe Thanks about the snacking. hehe You are such a sweetie! Yum to cantelope and grapes!!! I need to get some fresh fruit, maybe a Costco run tomorrow. hehe

ALLI, bless your heart; I am so sorry about surgery will be right after the wedding and no honeymoon. Maybe your bosses will let you go? Oh I will keep you in my prayers sending you a huge hug and I pray your doctors are very comforting tomorrow when they talk to you. You can tell us anything this HLT is like a big family and we care. hugs

ZOE, yay for hosting a baby shower, how exciting!!! I saw you have a sapphire project too, fun! Thanks, about my hubby. Hopefully June 19th gets here quick!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I worked out after work this evening with coworker #2. We haven''t worked out together in almost a month so we had a really good workout. Tomorrow I''m hoping to go walking in the evening. I have an eye Dr appt so I''ll be leaving work early but then I''ll have to wait for my eyes to undialate.

alli,
I''ve been thinking about you. I know that this health issue is bad timing for you, but just be thankful that its not worse.

Skippy,
I hope your DH feels better.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Back from step. I love Tuesday night''s teacher! Great workout. Tomorrow will be my day off.

Skippy~hurray for a little step in your workout!! Tayva really likes cantelope so I try and keep fresh fruit around for her...makes it easier for me too!
41.gif

alli~I''m so sorry for what you''re going through!! Thoughts and prayers your way!!

Zoe~I''m glad little T makes you smile! She''s a character. We''re very lucky. Yes, we''re looking into building a house. We''ve been talking it in circles for months and we''re finally meeting with builders again and trying to finalize lots. Building is STRESSFUL!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey kids!

Just back from Aspen! Landed in Chicago at 5 pm. In the gym by 7 pm.
20.gif
Spent three days learning how to ski. For some reason I can turn to the right no problem, but turning to the left is just beyond me...
33.gif
Went down "The Funnel" at Snomass yesterday in a full out blizzard. Sheer bliss! Slammed my head (sans helmet) into the mountain half way there... not so much bliss... can't really turn my head today. Oh well; tomorrow is another day.

A few weeks ago when I was there I went cross country skiing and lost one of my diamond earrings, but Whiteflash has found me a new pair. There's a thread in SMTR if anyone is interested.

Must go to bed NOW. Exhausted. Will check in tomorrow!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........Sorry for being MIA. It's been a tough week. I worked late last night and then met Charlie for a quick dinner. We stopped off at Sbucks on the way home and had a cup of coffee. Then I did a little work, and spent some time downloading aps to our iPhones. I must admit they're simply incredible. You can do so much with them. I can now access my home email and my work email from anywhere. I even got an email from Skippy and wrote her back from my iPhone today! How 'uber' cool is that?! Today was just an awful day. They let another person in our office go first thing this morning. There aren't many of us left and it was just an uncomfortable day to say the least. Those of us left are really concerned about whether we're next. Of course our boss tried to assure us and tell us we're not in danger, but in this economy, no one can feel particularly safe. I didn't leave work until after 7, so the gym was out for the night. That bums me out to the max. I know I could have gone, but I wouldn't have been able to complete a workout, so I just took my frustrated self to Sbucks and had a cup of coffee under the oak and sat with some people I know. Then I came home and did some more work. Sorry for being a downer.

Alli, I'm so sorry to see about your medical woe. I'll be thinking nothing but hopeful thoughts for you and I'm sending huge loads of PS Fairy Dust for this to be nothing much to worry about.

SS, take care of that wrist.......

lliang, Yay for the 8K!! I simply can't imagine running in the snow. That picture was amazing. I'm just glad you didn't slip and hurt yourself.

Yay for a 10k Charger!!!

Skippy, I hope hubby feels better soon. Traveling can be really tough on the immune system.....

Sorry for the frustrating day Elmorton.

Welcome home DeeJay.......

Does anyone know where Kimberly is???????????

See you tomorrow night, in what I hope is a better mood...........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.Yeah, day 2 of being back on track and I walked 32 minutes on the treadmill tonight.I haven’t gotten on the treddie since before grandma was moved to the hospital.

Hudson Hawk, thanks for the website recommendation.Enjoy spring; we won’t see it for awhile yet.We have 2 more snow storms heading our way.Most allergy meds make me sleepy; I will have to try Zyrtec.

Skippy, glad to hear your hubby made it home.Rats for him being sick and not getting his luggage.I hope he gets better.Marty got home today.Okay I must be crazy, I swear you mentioned bug spray but it must have been stomach bug and I just got it mixed up.I am such a blonde sometimes.

Burk, I bet breaking your wrist was very painful.I picked up a cantaloupe too; it should be ripe enough to cut tomorrow.

Alli, hugs to you.I hope they get you fixed up and pain free in no time.

Zoe, rats for needing to make up snow days this summer.I am done with my classes on about the 12th of May.Have fun with the baby shower.

Appletini, glad you had a great workout today.

DeeJay, ouch for hitting your head and sorry to hear you lost an earring.

Rod, I sure hate to hear they are letting people go where you work.Glad you are enjoying the iPhone.

Marcy

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Alli, Big hugs to you. I''m hoping your appt with the surgeon goes well tomorrow. I''m sorry about the timing. It really stinks, but we''re here for you. Maybe you can talk to your surgeon/doctor about you getting married etc. They might be able to suggest about starting a family etc. I dunno, I''m not a medical person but maybe someone else out there can help.

Hudson, I did about 3 wks of "journaling" on nutritiondata.com. It really helped me get a control on what I was eating and stuff. :) Hope it helps for you. I think I was coming in around 1500-1600 calories/day. I just can''t seem to get down to 1400 without REALLY trying, and I haven''t been that great with that... I need to work on that.

Skip, Hope your husband feels better. Enjoy the day with your nephew tomrorow. Hope the weather is good. Yay! for Interval training. That''s awesome that you stayed to tell the instructor she was inspiring. I''m sure she really appreciated the comment.

Burk, boo snow/rain.
7.gif
You''re so coordinated to do step! Great job on eating well & fruit way beats chips. How''s T?

Zoe, So what goes into hosting a shower? I think my bridesmaids will be doing a bridal shower for me, but none of them have ever been bridesmaids before. Kidna hard to believe since we''re all pushing 30.... but I guess my circle just marries late.

Deejay, That''s why I got a helmet. It definitely paid for itself over and over again.Hm, which knee did you have problems with? Some people just prefer one side to another for turning, but I''m pretty sure it''d have something to do with your right ski dragging when you''re turning to the left. Oh no about your earring, but Yay you have another pair.

Rod, hee hee, it''s great you''re loving the iPhones. :) Sorry it was such a rough day at the office. Thanks for the cheers for my race. I was saying to James as we were going there, I don''t want to fall and get trampled. Short people worry about stuff like that...Or maybe just me because I''m weird....

Elmorton, I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Marcy, Yay for getting back on the treddie. I use allegra for allergy medicine but it''s not very effective on my seasonal allergies. So I use Astelin nasal spary too & triple dose on my allegra.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I tried Fiber One for breakfast just now, and it wasn''t so bad. It''s the kind that has two smaller bags in the box, for some reason. A serving is 1/2 cup and I just had a full cup with a cup of skim milk. I think I just ingested wayyyyy more fiber than needed in a whole day, and I''m not sure that''s a good thing.

Rod, I''m so sorry things are stressful for you at work. It''s not fun waiting around to see if you''ll be let go next, and my thoughts are with you.

Skippy, I''m glad you enjoyed class last night.

Dee Jay, I hope you don''t feel as sore today as you did last night. I''m glad you had fun in Aspen.

Lliang, I''ve only hosted one baby shower before, and it was fairly laid back, as this one will be. My condo isn''t big enough and my friend is really allergic to cats (we have 2), so the shower''s being held at my parents'' house. My mom is helping with the plans, and we''re going to work on the menu soon. We''re just doing a luncheon for about 10 people, and we''re not playing shower games. My friend isn''t into them, which is good, because I''m not either. I mean, I''d do them if I knew she really wanted them, but I don''t know, they seem a little hokey to me. We''re ordering food from a local restaurant, so planning will be pretty simple.

I hope everyone has a good day! I''m planning on going swimming after school today, and I''m hoping my husband will meet me. We were going to go yesterday but I wasn''t feeling well and my husband was in the middle of doing some paperwork, so we bagged the gym.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies,

I must say, I'm really bad about posting to each person, I hope you'll forgive me. I do read and think about each one of you...

Alli-I am so so sorry you're going through this right now. My heart goes out to you. Best of luck.

Zoe-sorry I didn't respond sooner. I'm sorry you won't be able to join us in May. I'm planning on going, but I've got a bunch of wedding-related stuff going on around then and there might be a conflict. We'll see though. How's your hubby doing??

Dee-mmm skiing...love it, but I'm famous for ski accidents. I put the prong from one of my binding breaks into my shin a few years ago. Good times... I hope your head feels better, take it easy today.

Rod-YAY for Iphones, but bummer about work. That really stinks. FI and I were both laid off earlier this year and while mine was a sudden event, his was long and drawn out. I think he had it worse.

Skippy-green chili stew sounds fantastic. Is it like a salsa verde sort of base? Mmmmm I love salsa verde.

I'm now craving cantaloupe....

I stayed on track yesterday-YAY! FI and I had homemade chicken marsala and roasted asparagus for dinner with jello for dessert. Have I mentioned that he's doing a low carb diet right now? We're not doing any formal thing, just trying to up our veggies and cut back on on grains/sugar. We're not the type to live off of bacon and cheese alone, so full-on Atkins isn't for us. Once again we didn't exercise. 'Sigh' this is the hardest thing for us. We're so tired when we get home from work and we're STARVING so dinner usually is the #1 priority. I think I'm going to commit to taking the pup for a LOOOONG walk right after dinner tonight. That should be manageable and not require changing into gym clothes (yay for less laundry!).

I think my allergies may in fact be a cold. My PND has morphed into sinusitis-good times.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2009 9:57:37 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Hey kids!

Just back from Aspen! Landed in Chicago at 5 pm. In the gym by 7 pm.
20.gif
Spent three days learning how to ski. For some reason I can turn to the right no problem, but turning to the left is just beyond me...
HI:

Not to worry, Zoolander had the same problem. He was an "ambiturner"....
2.gif
9.gif

Rode the stationary bike today and shovelled a bit oif snow today--not a biggie, less than a cm. Trapsed the shopping malls, that has to count for something!

Keep well folks!
35.gif

cheers--Sharon

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
HH -- it IS hard to keep up with this thread if it really gets moving. It''s hard to post to everyone individually sometimes.

Thanks for asking about my husband. He''s still unemployed and receiving unemployment checks. So far, we''re okay, but once those checks stop coming over the summer, I have no idea what we''ll do. I can''t remember if you had joined this thread when this happened, but he had gotten a 3 month job in MA and in the first week of working, he found out that he had shingles. Since the job was at a hospital, they let him go because many of the people he''d be working with were in direct contact with patients. So there went that opportunity. Since then, he''s been searching again. He keeps in touch with recruiters and a few of his former employers, so we''ll see if something happens. I''m sorry that I can''t remember, but you just began a new job, right? How''s it going? I keep forgetting to ask you this, but what''s going on with HMCo, lately? I worked for them in Boston (when they were on Arlington, next to FAO) a number of years ago, and I tried to keep tabs on the co. for a while. It''s been quite a while now though, and I haven''t kept in touch with any of my former coworkers.

Totally random comment: I have been craving grapefruit so much lately, and I''m not sure why. I can''t seem to get enough, and I never was really that addicted to it before the past month or so. Odd.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
boo, I lost a huge post. I usually hit control-c so I don't lose it but accidentally didn't hit control c. and just c, grr, my own dumb fault
38.gif

thanks for the hubby get well wishes. I am staying in because it is ugly (high winds and dark); tomorrow will be sports challenge. I bought oranges, strawberries, celery and carrots to help with all my snacking. Have a great day all!!!!!
41.gif

HUDSON, I hope you feel better soon, I think it is great you and your FI are doing this together; you two are such cuties!

LLIANG, thanks, you are a doll to remember I have my nephew on Weds. hehe He went with my parents today since hubby is sick. How are you honey?

MARCY, yay for your walks, friend!!

BURK, yay for step; how is T? She is soooo cute!!

CANUK, yay for biking! Whatca get? hehe

APPLE, yay for your hard workout; you are so good!!!

ZOE, yay for swimming!!!

ROD, hugs and yay for iphones, soooo cool!

DEE, great to see you back!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 7:26:03 PM
Author: Skippy123
Okay, i had to post this since I think Valerie Bertinelli is Inspiring and even more inspiring is our Healthy Lifestyle Gang. She says weight loss is 85 % eating right and 15% exercise.

http://www.oprah.com/media/20090318-tows-bertinelli-workout
Hey, Skippy
35.gif
Thanks for posting that. I sooo agree about the 85/15 thing. If I don''t eat well, there is no way my body will lose even if I work out for hours!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......Today was, well you know......stressful. I''m just working hard and doing all I can to make a valuable contribution. If it''s not enough......well so be it. I''ve just decided there are things I can control and there are things I can''t. If was in charge of the economy, Zoe''s husband (a really good and talented guy, btw) would have a great job, companies would be hiring, people would still be buying homes, cars, etc. But, I''m not in charge of the economy, and these are things that are out of my control. So I can''t beat myself up over things I simply can not fix. This too shall pass.............Charlie baked those fabulous pork chops for dinner tonight. They were so good. It was just the most beautiful evening, so we slipped out to the closer Sbucks and had a cup of coffee. I am going to the gym tomorrow night, NO MATTER WHAT! My leg is considerably better. Maybe the extra couple days off has been a good thing for the pinched nerve in my leg.
Marcy........WOW Girl.......You walked 32 minutes on the treaddie??!!!! I remember when you were excited about making it 10 minutes. That''s a great deal of progress from our "Amazing Shrinking Woman on the HLT!"

lliang, you''re not weird!

Zoe, I hope the two of got to swim and enjoyed it! And I think if you''re craving something, your body is telling you need something. Maybe it''s ascorbic acid, or vitamin C, but something. Just don''t start craving fried chicken or Big Mac''s.........LOL

Hey Hudson, I''m sorry to learn that you were both laid off earlier. Charlie and I were both laid off last year after 16 years with the same company. You''re going to have to change you''re greeting BTW. I''m the lone guy on these here parts!! LOL Thanks for the kind thoughts...........I''m glad you''re not doing a full on Atkins diet. I know people lose weight on it, but I think it''s not the most heart healthy way to lose weight......

Still seeing snow Sharon???? I know I could not handle the great frozen north for sure!

Sorry it''s ugly out there Skippy. I hope hubbie''s feeling better today. Yay for buying such healthy snack foods!!

I''ll check in tomorrow night, but it will likely be a fly-by..........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.Day 3 of being back on my routine and I have lost a couple of the pounds I gained over the past few weeks.A few more pounds and I’ll be back at the high end of my “comfort” range.I want to get back to the low end of those few pounds.I use the WW three pound philosophy.

We didn’t get any snow but it is sure cold and windy here.

I pulled a great April’s Fool joke today.Our department has about 20 people in it so I emailed them all and said I had Krispy Kreme donuts in our office.About 3 people came running in there and looked around and then I said “April Fool’s.”One of the guys was still whining about it when I left.Then when my swing shift showed up at noon they were all sad I didn’t save them any.

Lliang, good idea to wear a helmet.Do your meds help you get through allergy season?They recommend I get allergy shots but I just don’t take the time to run down there twice a week.I would be too much of a baby to give myself the shots.

Zoe, too much fiber may not be a good thing.I hope you had a nice swim with your husband today.I really like grapefruit; they say if you crave something there is something in that food you need.I know that doesn’t apply to cookies but something healthy like grapefruit might mean you mean vitamin C.

Hudson Hawk, ouch for your ski accident.I hope you get over your cold.I have allergies all the time so when I am getting a cold it’s hard for me to tell.

Sharon, Zoolander is such a funny move.Did you find anything fun at the mall?I must admit I am pretty sad that I no longer have a need for new clothes.I loved replacing my wardrobe every few months.

Skippy, rats for losing a long post.I have been typing mine up in word so I won’t lose it.I had the same healthy snacks as you did today except I had cucumber instead of celery.Sounds like a great day to stay home.

Hi Steph!

Rod, that’s a great attitude to have not to stress yourself over things you can’t control.I am glad to hear your leg is better.Have you heard about the job for your client in Casper?That is so true that when I first walked on the treadmill; which was a little over a year ago I was thrilled to be able to walk 10 minutes on it and I was very worried my knees and feet would not be able to take it.Life is good.

Well, take care.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was curious so decided to dig through our old threads. I walked on the treadmill for the first time Jan. 9, 2008. Yippee!!! I thought I''d walked 1.5 miles the first time but it was only 1.5 "laps". Ha Ha.
9.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Okay I''m bad, bad, bad and haven''t worked out since the 8K on Sunday. I used M & T as my "days off" excuse since my knee was hurting me. Now I have no excuse. I know I should really do something. Maybe I''ll go on a short run tomorrow or hit one of the yoga classes. bad bad bad Lisa for being so lazy.

I made chicken empanadas for the first time ever and they came out fantastic :) James and I had that for dinner accompanied by a corn & black bean "succotash". I''m attaching a pic. Some time later this week I''ll be making carnitas for dinner.

Zoe, I *LOOOOVE* grapefruit and always crave it so you''re in good company. Hope having 2x the daily serving of fiber wasn''t a bad thing. I''m with you about not playing shower games. Hope you got to go swimming.

Hudson, Wow, prone to skiing accidents!
23.gif
I hope that''s not still the case. Great job on staying on track. Hope your cold goes away.
7.gif

Sharon, man I really really hope the snow goes away for you soon. My boss is in Alberta, he hasn''t mentioned the weather much.

Skip, I hope your hubby''s getting better. I hate being sick. Make sure you stock up on vitamins & get plenty of sleep. We don''t want you to go catching anything yourself. I''ll have to keep in mind that 85/15 when I want to "mindless snack." I snarfed an extra empanada making cookies tonight. And I wasn''t even hungry!

Rod, I hope you make the gym tomorrow. Thanks for saying I''m not weird.

Marcy, my meds don''t really help much with my seasonal allergies. I wanted to get on a different medication called Singulair, but my insurance is giving me a hard time abotu paying for it. So I just suffer for 6 wks in the year. It''s the only 6 wks that my allergies are REALLY bad, 3 wks during maple pollen season and 3 weeks during ragweed season.

P1010660.jpg

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone. Just got home from a meeting with my trainer. Good workout. I did my favorite push-ups and a lot of leg and stomach work. It hurts to move right now. Soo I have a question that I am hoping a few of you can help me with. I just recently started meeting with my trainer 3 times a week (since my wedding is around the corner). My trainer kept telling me how much smaller I looked and decided to do my weigh in. I actually gained back all my weight (boo) but I am thinking it is muscle because my body fat % still went down a little and I lost an inch in my hips (everything else was basically the same). My trainer mentioned something about my weight "re-distributing". Like my muscles are shifting or something from all the workouts we have been doing. Has anyone else ever heard of this? I have honestly never heard of this and didn''t even know it was possible.

Alli: I am so sorry to hear of your medical dilemma. I would definitely take Hudson''s advice and ask about options for starting a family. My thoughts and prayers are going to be with you.

Marcy: I love your April Fool''s joke. Soo mean. At my job we review worker''s compensation claims so my co-worker thought it would be a great idea to tell our boss I injured myself and needed to fill out a report. My boss totally fell for it. It was too funny.

On a side note, my wedding dress is finally here and I get to go for my first fitting on Friday. We will see how much all this hard work is going to pay off.
2.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, you are a very sweet man! I know how hard the economy is for everyone, and times are tough for a lot of people, including those working so hard to help others. What you said is true -- this too shall pass. I laughed when I read about craving fried chicken and Big Macs. No worries there! I''ll stick to my grapefruit cravings, thank you.

Marcy, so you''re saying that if I''m craving chocolate (which I DO crave often), there''s actually something in it that I NEED? Well then, bring on the Hershey''s kisses!
9.gif
3.gif

Lliang, the empanadas look great! I''m too lazy to look it up, but what''s in them? I''ve never had them before.

Museik, I saw your thread in BWW and I''m looking forward to seeing your dress.

Tonight is Zumba, and I''m already finding reasons (excuses) not to go. I WANT to want to go, if that makes sense, and I hope I can psych myself into it. I wish it began earlier than 5:30. I''m finished with school at 3:30, and it''s hard staying after waiting around until class begins. I''m hoping my coworker can get me in the mood to go tonight. I WILL go but I may be grumbling all the way to the gym. I know I''ll be glad I went, so Zoe, stop whining!
1.gif

Have a godo day everyone!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Zoe, empanadas are basically turnovers stuffed with anything. The savory ones are typically chicken or ground beef or ham & cheese or spinach & cheese. I made mine with onions, garlic, olives, raisins, white wine & broth. Depending on the country/culture some fry them, or bake them. I prefer them baked.

Museik, yay for loosing inches & body fat!!! I''ll take muscle over fat any day! It''s great to see all this hard work is paying off!! I dunno about weight redistributing, but I can kinda see that. I mean, if you''ve never used a particular muscle before and started working it out, it''d definitely grow in size which would "add inches" but they''re muscle inches, not fat. Y''know? Hope to see your first fitting pictures soon!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 9:38:19 PM
Author: Rod
Hey.......Today was, well you know......stressful. I''m just working hard and doing all I can to make a valuable contribution. If it''s not enough......well so be it. I''ve just decided there are things I can control and there are things I can''t. If was in charge of the economy, Zoe''s husband (a really good and talented guy, btw) would have a great job, companies would be hiring, people would still be buying homes, cars, etc. But, I''m not in charge of the economy, and these are things that are out of my control. So I can''t beat myself up over things I simply can not fix. This too shall pass.............Charlie baked those fabulous pork chops for dinner tonight. They were so good. It was just the most beautiful evening, so we slipped out to the closer Sbucks and had a cup of coffee. I am going to the gym tomorrow night, NO MATTER WHAT! My leg is considerably better. Maybe the extra couple days off has been a good thing for the pinched nerve in my leg.

Marcy........WOW Girl.......You walked 32 minutes on the treaddie??!!!! I remember when you were excited about making it 10 minutes. That''s a great deal of progress from our ''Amazing Shrinking Woman on the HLT!''

lliang, you''re not weird!

Zoe, I hope the two of got to swim and enjoyed it! And I think if you''re craving something, your body is telling you need something. Maybe it''s ascorbic acid, or vitamin C, but something. Just don''t start craving fried chicken or Big Mac''s.........LOL

Hey Hudson, I''m sorry to learn that you were both laid off earlier. Charlie and I were both laid off last year after 16 years with the same company. You''re going to have to change you''re greeting BTW. I''m the lone guy on these here parts!! LOL Thanks for the kind thoughts...........I''m glad you''re not doing a full on Atkins diet. I know people lose weight on it, but I think it''s not the most heart healthy way to lose weight......

Still seeing snow Sharon???? I know I could not handle the great frozen north for sure!

Sorry it''s ugly out there Skippy. I hope hubbie''s feeling better today. Yay for buying such healthy snack foods!!

I''ll check in tomorrow night, but it will likely be a fly-by..........

Hey Rod, Sorry about that! You would think, given the name, I''d know you were a guy. We''re definitely not doing the AD. However, FI is really addicted to sugar and refined carbs and they''re always his downfall. The man uses like 4 tablespoons of sugar in his morning coffee. So I guess we''re practicing whole foods eating more than low carb, and focusing on getting more veggies and lean protein into our diets. As much as possible any way.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 1:43:04 AM
Author: museikchik
Hi everyone. Just got home from a meeting with my trainer. Good workout. I did my favorite push-ups and a lot of leg and stomach work. It hurts to move right now. Soo I have a question that I am hoping a few of you can help me with. I just recently started meeting with my trainer 3 times a week (since my wedding is around the corner). My trainer kept telling me how much smaller I looked and decided to do my weigh in. I actually gained back all my weight (boo) but I am thinking it is muscle because my body fat % still went down a little and I lost an inch in my hips (everything else was basically the same). My trainer mentioned something about my weight ''re-distributing''. Like my muscles are shifting or something from all the workouts we have been doing. Has anyone else ever heard of this? I have honestly never heard of this and didn''t even know it was possible.

Alli: I am so sorry to hear of your medical dilemma. I would definitely take Hudson''s advice and ask about options for starting a family. My thoughts and prayers are going to be with you.

Marcy: I love your April Fool''s joke. Soo mean. At my job we review worker''s compensation claims so my co-worker thought it would be a great idea to tell our boss I injured myself and needed to fill out a report. My boss totally fell for it. It was too funny.

On a side note, my wedding dress is finally here and I get to go for my first fitting on Friday. We will see how much all this hard work is going to pay off.
2.gif

I''m a firm believer in "skinny fat" and "in-shape skinny," and I''ve been both. When I lost 30 lbs in college, it was really through unhealthy measures. I lost weight but didn''t gain muscle, so I appeared fat even though I weighed 120 and was 5''6". when I started working out last year (before I fell off the wagon) I started out a size 12 at about 150 lbs. When I stopped I was a size 6 and between 135 and 140 lbs. One would think that 3-4 sizes would equal more than 10-15 lbs but I had gained so much muscle while decreasing my body fat %.

Your body is going to lose all over, but some areas have more fat than others. The places with the least are probably going to be the places you see you definition in first. So it''s not so much redistribution as perception.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Did a rather gentle hour on the hampster wheel yesterday (I was feeling lazy!) and ate everthing I could get my hands on. Seriously, I might have a tapeworm!!! Even at 10 o''clock Bill and I were hanging out in the kitchen and he goes, "Oh, check out this great marmalade I got in Stockholm last week!" and so there had to be TOAST. With BUTTER and MARMALADE. At TEN O''FRICKIN''CLOCK. ARGH!!! But today I am back on the wagon BIG TIME.

Haven''t worked out yet today because I''m at my office from 9 to 11, and then there is a showing at my house at 3, so I''m thinking late afternoon I will grace the gym with my presence. Maybe another hampster wheel session, and definitely some arms, which have been neglected of late.

As a matter of fact, since I have nothing to do after that showing, maybe I will go and try one of Rod''s uber workouts. God knows my ass could use some additional help lately too...
39.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
alli~ I''m sorry you''re going through all this medical stuff. I had laprascopic surgery a few years ago and I''ll tell you anything you want to know and answer any questions I can. I had surgery for cysts and endometriosis. I don''t want to bombard you with my personal history here. But if I can help, please just ask.

I had a dr. appt today for my wrist. I have a torn tendon, tendonitis, a ganglion cyst and maybe a fracture (although I won''t know that until the dr calls me). So, I''m limited for what I can do. I''m happy to get out of scrubbing floors and toilets, but I''m disappointed to have to put yoga on hold. Apparently one of the methods for treating a cyst is to smash it with the Family Bible. (google this for more info...) Also, aspiration or surgery is an option (I''m not doing either) Personally, I''m hoping that once the tendon heals, the pain will subside and the cyst won''t cause pain. Yup, me and my rose colored glasses say everything''s fine!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Lliang- I''ll be BAD BAD BAD with you. I too haven''t worked out since the 10k on Saturday. That''s why i haven''t been posting. Call me crazy, but i kinda feel wierd posting when i haven''t worked out- almost like i''m cheating on y''all!

I admit that my quads were sore and on fire until Tuesday. Then going wed morning didn''t quite work out as we were out late (for a "school" night) tues nite and didn''t set the alarm. Then we forgot to set it for this morning, so we both bolted out of bed at 6:45a which is too late to make it to the gym. UGH! I''ll FOR SURE be back tomorrow.

*lliang- those empanadas look delish! DH and i are heading to Argentina next month on Holiday, and i have a feeling we''ll be eating them daily. Can''t wait to hear about your carnitas dinner. You''re quite the chef!
*museikchik- i''ve also heard the "weight re-distributing" thing, but don''t know much about it. How are your clothes fitting? that''s always the true test for me!
*Alli- I''m thinking about you...

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I just had a very intense PT session. We focused on upper body today and he focused on isolating different muscles. At the end my arms were so cut I felt like I could have been in a magazine, and wow did it hurt at the time...curious to see how sore I am tomorrow.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hey all! Please excuse me because this is going to be a super self-centered post. Tayva got the stomach flu today.
7.gif
DH threw his back out yesterday so he really isn''t able to help out too much (can''t bend to pick her up). So, I may have to skip step class tonight and run on the treadmill instead. We shall see. I''ll check in with everyone later tonight after T is in bed!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends, Back from the gym. Our instructor had use using the bosu the 90% of the time. We squat and lift the bosu over our head and then shuffled with the bosu in our hands, lunged with the bosu and did standing chest press, then sprinted (not with the bosu),more drills and, then planks and sit ups on the bosu with the medicine ball. I got to the point I couldn't do anymore abs. hehe
41.gif
I am pooped; I am not the best at planks so I had to modify a little but I try so I have good form. Those people are in good shape; I hope to be like them someday! hehe

We probably will have chiken Italian sausage for dinner with whole wheat pasta and a side of veggies and strawberries for dessert. Hope everyone is having a great evening.

STEPH, how are you? It is great to see you!! I am with you; I have to eat healthy or I don't lose either.

ROD, I am sorry; I hope today was less stressful. Rod it turned into a beautiful day today! Hope you had a beautiful day as well!

MARCY, you sound like you are doing great and will lose those few lbs in now time; you are awesome! Yum to cucumbers. Woo for more than a year of walking!

LLIANG, don't feel bad; we get busy. I have been relaxed in working out; I think the weather for me has a lot to do with it. An 8k is awesome! Oh your name is so pretty; I like Lisa. Oh my, we have empandas here too! My mom makes them but this one place has these sweet empandas and I am in love with those; you are quite talented to make them.

MUSE, woo hoo for the trainer! Yay for push ups and stomach work! Yay for being smaller! It has to be muscle, good for you! ditto everything Hudson said!

ZOE, yay for Zumba; hope you like it better! Let us know how you like it!!!

HUDSON, I am with you; white carbs and sugars have me craving more and cutting them out as much as possible helps me. I notice when I eat them I crave more and it is a bad cycle for me.

DEE, woo for the hamster wheel and love the studs!!!

SS, oh no, I am so sorry; I will pray for you and hope it feels better soon. take care honey.

CHARGER, good to see you; you aren't bad. Then I am bad. hehe I didn't make it to the gym Mon and Wed.

APPLE, woo for your uber workout!

BURK, oh no, I am so sorry; poor Tayva and hd. Give her a hug for me and I hope she feels better soon and same with your dh. take care. Have a good run.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results