shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 29th Sept till 5th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

YIKES!
32.gif
I cannot believe I had to type October into the title, I don't know where this year has gone.....Anyway, I have been very busy recently with various jobs, still working out where I can, but trying to be as active as possible while going about your daily life can really make a difference and help jumpstart things. Also if you are having trouble getting motivated for workouts or putting off making healthier choices - just do it! Those three little words can be so powerful and the start of great things, I use them often. Just do it - jump on the treddy for a session, elliptical, go for a walk, take the time to make the healthier meal rather than grabbing junk etc etc - amazing what you can accomplish if you JDI! Remember you are in control and often you can chase the blahs/ can't be bothereds away quite easily with even a small step in the right direction.

Especially now with the Holidays looming, you can make a real difference still! Also another thing I have found which can make a difference to how you feel and see yourself is to get a haircut, new lipstick, perfume, nail polish - whatever you enjoy or makes you feel better. Sometimes a small change can make a world of difference and kick off more motivation so mixing things up a bit can help you see yourself differently which can lead to more positive change.

Have a great week
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

I am up WAY TOO EARLY this morning... They are putting up another residential building about a block from me and the construction has reached a new stage of loudness. Coupled with the fact that I like to sleep with the windows open and here it is only 7:30 and I've been up for an hour.
39.gif

The scale has lost its mind (in a good way!) and given me total of about 16 lbs now. Love that thing! (At this moment, anyway!
2.gif
) That takes me to only 6 lbs above where I was before I had my thigh surgery last year, so I'm hoping to get back there SOON.

Lorelei, I agree with you totally about buying something new that makes you feel good. A few weeks ago I went out and bought *all new underwear* LOL! Nothing outrageous, just something that wasn't tan and black. The HH was shocked, but I'm having a ball going to the gym in my pink and yellow tie dyes.
9.gif

And speaking of the gym, off I go!

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
I''m back! I cannot tell you all how miserable I was last week, but I''m able to keep food down now and have some strength back. I only had crackers, chicken noodle soup, water, and Sprite last week (6 days)! It was crazy, I think I lost weight but I felt all weak and not healthy. I had no strength to go to the gym last week at all, but I''m getting back on track! I''m meeting with my trainer today and will go to the gym the rest of the week. I can''t tell you how good it feels to not feel sick anymore! WOOHOO! Hope you all had a great week last week and good luck this week!
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
So... yeah. I stopped worrying about my weight for a week and gained 5 pounds. I mean - seriously- 5 pounds?!?! It''s not like I was sucking down Ben and Jerry''s at every meal! *sigh* Stupid PCOS and insulin resistance. Argh.
23.gif

I need... a catalyst. Something to get my rear in gear here. Meh.

Lorelei - I can''t believe it''s already October this week!!!

Dee*Jay - Sorry the construction is keeping you up.
7.gif
That''s no fun.

Going Crazy - I''m glad you''re feeling better!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning all! Great opening, as usual, Lorelei! We all know how easy it can be to make excuses when we are not quite feeling up to it or had a long and hectic day, but we just need to dig deep, take control, and know that we CAN do it. I am feeling better these days and hit the gym nearly every day of the week. In addition to the gym, I try to take walks over lunch on the good weather days (fall is a wonderful time of year for outdoor activities). When the weather isn''t so great (like it was for me this weekend), I try to get an extra workout (and fun) in with my Wii Fit. It''s not an easy journey, but I know slow and steady will overcome. Have a great week, everyone!
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 8:27:12 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Happy Monday kids!

I am up WAY TOO EARLY this morning... They are putting up another residential building about a block from me and the construction has reached a new stage of loudness. Coupled with the fact that I like to sleep with the windows open and here it is only 7:30 and I've been up for an hour.
39.gif

The scale has lost its mind (in a good way!) and given me total of about 16 lbs now. Love that thing! (At this moment, anyway!
2.gif
) That takes me to only 6 lbs above where I was before I had my thigh surgery last year, so I'm hoping to get back there SOON.

Lorelei, I agree with you totally about buying something new that makes you feel good. A few weeks ago I went out and bought *all new underwear* LOL! Nothing outrageous, just something that wasn't tan and black. The HH was shocked, but I'm having a ball going to the gym in my pink and yellow tie dyes.
9.gif

This post is worthless without pics.
9.gif
25.gif

Just popping in to say hi to you all, been a while since I was here!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2008 10:39:09 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 9/29/2008 8:27:12 AM
Happy Monday kids!

39.gif

2.gif

9.gif

This post is worthless without pics.
9.gif
25.gif

Just popping in to say hi to you all, been a while since I was here!
35.gif
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
31.gif

tie0001.jpg

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!!!

DeeJay I just about died laughing at my desk...not sure I expected to see your undies when I opened this thread
31.gif
but they sure are cute! I have been needing to get all new also, but have been putting it off. Congrats on 6lbs to go!! It will be here before you know it.

Things here are going slowly. I decided over the weekend to quit my allergy diet
7.gif
. My stomach was still hurting, and it is such a PITA. So I plan on going back to the doctor sometime in the near future, but in the mean time I have a new goal. EAT SLOWLY. I have always been a super fast eater, and I wonder if that isn''t the problem! It should also help me to not overeat. I have to admit I am worried that quitting the diet will pack the pounds back on, so I have to be extra vigilant. Last night my mom and I cooked whole wheat noodles with tomatoes and shrimp. Yum! I ate a smaller portion of noodles than I normally would, but went overboard on the Parmesan cheese
3.gif

So this week I hope to just make good decisions, and try not to be too hard on myself. And eat slow! If anyone else has this problem, let me tell you, it is HARD to eat slow if you aren''t used to it! I am amazed.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 11:29:05 AM
31.gif
OMG, ROTFL!!!! That made my morning!!!
3.gif

Had a busy several days and didn''t have time to check in over the weekend. It was a bit hard, diet and exercise-wise, as I had a lot going on. We went to the county fair on Sat. and although I didn''t eat my way into oblivion, I did sample a lot of the goodies available. I even tried deep fried twinkie for the first time!!! I had one small bite and honestly, it''s not that good. I didn''t feel too horrible about that day because at least we walked around for about five hours. Sunday, we slept in and then frantically cleaned the house, as we were having my family over later that day. We went out for an early birthday dinner for me at a sushi restaurant and then came back to our place for cake. I''m not a big dessert fan but my honey picked up my fave red velvet cake at a local bakery. Mmmmm... it''s SO moist and delicious!!!

I''m doing the happy dance at my desk this morning because I got an email from Leon saying that my ering is ready!!!
36.gif
It''s my birthday tomorrow so I''ll be thrilled if I can have it in my hot little hand tomorrow morning.

Tonight, I''m back on the wagon. I''m meeting my trainer and putting in some extra time on the ellipical to make up for the cake.

Thanks, Lorelei, for being my inspiration at the beginning of every week.

Dee*Jay, congrats on your 16 lbs.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
That''s awesome! So are your cute new undies
3.gif

GC29, oooh, sorry you''ve been so miserable but I''m glad you''re coming out of it!

Geckodani, I''m sorry you''re struggling. Hope you find the motivation you''re looking for. As Lorelei said, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

PW, welcome back! Yay for hitting the gym nearly every day during the week and getting in the extra workouts in between!

Hi Ellen! Good to see you pop in!

Miscka, ouch, hope your stomach is doing better. I''m with you on making good decisions, not being too hard on yourself and eating slow.

Hope everyone''s doing well!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
OMG DeeJay, that totally made me laugh out loud, literally, right in the middle of my office, LOL! People must think me insane.
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2008 12:13:27 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 9/29/2008 11:29:05 AM
31.gif
lol.gif

Touché!
9.gif

Come on El, did you for one second believe I could let a challenge like this from you and Lor go unanswered?!?
11.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Hello HL-ers!

Dee*Jay- Very cool undies....I dig the neon colors!

Anyway, today I woke up a bit grumpy... I stayed at 1403 calories yesterday (my max on my plan is 1550). Today I am at a little over 900 already (I''ve gotten a case of the munchies) I had about 5 rice cakes total today and some strawberry applesauce and some dried cranberries as snacks....

For lunch I had one of those WW Smart Ones (santa fe rice and beans.

I also got my dress from Ann Taylor today for my FI''s BF''s wedding in 2 weeks....I was proud to say that I fit in to the 10!!! I don''t know if I really lost 3 inches in 4 days but either way, I am glad that I didn''t have to wear the 12!!!! I still have a few more inches to lose on the hips to make it hang a little more loosely but, it''s my motivation piece to stay away from junk and soda!!!! (and boy was I tempted to hit up some chick- fil- a today...lol)

I am also getting pretty bored of the Plain Water bit....I think I need to pick up some lemons and limes to spruce things up a bit...I am not really in to those crystal light thingy''s. :razz:

Fruit Juice is also starting to sound good.....I know a ton of them have a lot of carbs in them due to the sugar content but I know the "juicy juice" products aren''t too bad....

I don''t have a scale anymore (it got damaged in the move) to "weigh in" but I guess that might be a good thing for now so that I don''t get discouraged....

Today is my "rest day" from exercise. I felt shin splints coming on from running on the sidewalk the last couple of days so I want to give my muscles a "re-coop" day!

Hope everyone''s having a great Monday (as good as they can be right?)

corgan

Shiny_Rock
I have been trying to follow along with the posts but I got sick last week and with a 4 month old I don''t make it enough to the computer, so I am very behind!

Update on me:

Still eating like crap! I can''t seem to stop with the sweet tooth! I know what I should be eating but simply can''t. I also noticed that I am stuffing myself so that isn''t helping either! I used to be so good at making the right choices and limiting my portions but now that has gone all out the window. I have been trying to be active but I find myself enjoying my time on my couch! Which is why I forced myself to join some things with my daughter.

Stroller fit is every Friday until the end of October

I start a swimming bootcamp this Wednesday

Things without my daughter is playing the WII and trying to eat better but that doesn''t seem to be going well.

Has anyone tried Weight Watchers? I am tempted to try it but I hate the cost involved to join. Being on Mat leave I have be a bit more frugal.

Plus now Christmas is coming up and I think I am going to have to sew my mouth shut to make it through the holidays!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! I hope there isn''t like an "add me to the list" on this one, so I am just going to post..

I had two classes this morning and had Woody''s Oasis for lunch (yummy Mediterranean food, hummus and chicken), then I had work for 3 hours, then I went to the gym!!

Now my boyfriend surprised me with fajitas, with red & yellow peppers and onions, yummy. So a good start to the week! Hopefully I will keep working out!!!!

BTW, Dee*Jay, I do the same thing when I am feeling like I need something new.. go to V.S. and buy some 5 for 25 cutie underwear... It''s like a surprise to make yourself feel good
3.gif
(like no one knows you are wearing these...
1.gif
)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lorelei for starting yet another great thread!

I hope everyone''s doing well.

Dee Jay -- what colorful undies you have!

GoingCrazy -- I''m glad to hear that you''re starting to feel better. Being sick and not being able to keep anything down is no fun.
14.gif

Gecko -- 5 pounds?? I''m not sure how that could be right. Sometimes that happens with my scale too -- it goes wacky on me occasionally. Perhaps yours wasn''t accurate the first time.

PW -- you''re definitely right about it being a long journey that isn''t easy. It''s fun when you see results though.

Hi Ellen!

Miscka -- I know a few people who have so many food allergies and it''s a huge adjustment finding the right things to eat. I hope the doctor will be able to help soon. I love pasta, tomatoes, and shrimp. I make it occasionally using whole wheat pasta, grape tomatoes, lots of garlic, a touch of lemon, and grated veggie topping (fake parmesan cheese). I either make it with chicken or shrimp. It''s delicious!

Happy birthday Panda!!

PD -- congrats on the dress! How did you get into running? I"d love to be a runner someday but I''m not sure I''ll make it...
1.gif

Corgan -- stroller fit and bootcamp swimming sounds like fun, and I''m sure they''re a great way to work on becoming healthier. I''ve done WW before but honestly, I didn''t take it seriously. I wasn''t quite *there* yet, if that makes sense. I know that Skippy and others love it, and I know it works for so many people.

I''ve become somewhat accustomed to taking part of every weekend off from tracking food and choosing really healthy options, but now I''m rethinking that. For a few weeks I''d do really well on Friday at breakfast and lunch, but then we''d go out for dinner. Same thing on Saturday. Sundays are generally a little better. Perhaps that''s why I''m not seeing as much of a difference as I''d like. I''ve been going to the trainer regularly though, so that''s good.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2008 8:17:50 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13
Hello! I hope there isn't like an 'add me to the list' on this one, so I am just going to post..

I had two classes this morning and had Woody's Oasis for lunch (yummy Mediterranean food, hummus and chicken), then I had work for 3 hours, then I went to the gym!!

Now my boyfriend surprised me with fajitas, with red & yellow peppers and onions, yummy. So a good start to the week! Hopefully I will keep working out!!!!

BTW, Dee*Jay, I do the same thing when I am feeling like I need something new.. go to V.S. and buy some 5 for 25 cutie underwear... It's like a surprise to make yourself feel good
3.gif
(like no one knows you are wearing these...
1.gif
)
LOL, except now the WHOLE WORLD knows I'm wearing these, ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Forgot to say I did 65 mins on the dreadmill today. Having a hard time finding anything I want to eat -- a rarity!

Corgan, don't be so hard on yourself, hon. Set small goals and meet them. E.g., tomorrow I will _____________. Then do it. Every day will motiviate the next one. And if you fall off the wagon, just climb back on, we'll always give you a hand up!

Princess, good for you on the dress!!

Gecko, *you're* insane?!? Ha -- *I'm* the one posting pics of my underwear on the internet!

Panda, I can't wait to see your Leon!!

Miscka, I've read that one of the techniques for eating slower is to put your fork down between each bite. Have you tried that?

Patiently, going to the gym almost every day AND walking during lunch?! You're my hero!

Going, you poor thing! I'm glad you're feeling better.

Zoe, when I talked to the dietician she said the 80/20 rule applies here, as with most things in life. So I figure if I'm good all week long I can splurge a bit on the weekends. BUT *a bit* is a relative thing, so maybe you're right in trying to figure out what that means for you.

Ellen and Lorelei,
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I am at school and barely awake.This cold is kicking my butt.I might call in sick tomorrow and SLEEP.

Lorelei, great opener as always.I like Just do it.I’d like to tell some of my employees that sometimes.

DeeJay, congratulations for losing 16 pounds and for fun new underwear.LOL at the picture.

GoingCrazy, I am so glad you are feeling better.

Geckodani, I am sure most of that is water weight.It will come right back off.

PatientlyWaiting, this is a lovely time of year to go for walks.

Miscka, it sounds like you are working hard at eating right this week.That’s a great idea.

Panda, Happy Birthday tomorrow!I hope you get your ring that would be a great gift.

Hi Ellen!

PrincessDijon, congratulations for fitting in to a smaller dress size.Congrats for staying in your calorie range.

Corgan, I do well with just a small bit of sweets.Maybe that would work for you.

ILoveAsschers, congratulations on working out.Your meals sound yummy.

Zoe, I usually eat a bit different on weekends and it generally works for me if I don’t go crazy.Like DeeJay says the 80/20 rule seems to work well.

Take care.

Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hello!

We''re back from our weekend in Coronado; it was fun to get away without having to get on a plane. We ate, walked, lounged, read, and rested and now I''m ready for a new week.

Dee, congrats on 16 lbs, that''s awesome! Dig the new undies!

Zoe, I use the 90/10 rule, and it works for me. Okay, maybe I have the percentages wrong...so here''s what i do: I eat whatever I want 2 meals a week, the rest of the time I''m healthy (1500-1700 cals a day).

Sorry you''re not feeling so well, Marc.

Welcome, asscher.

It''s dinner time (tacos). More tomorrow...

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone!!!

Zoe- I was a runner in H.S. I actually did track because it was the only sport you didn''t have to "try out" for...lol. Then I did the military thing for a while...which of course involved TONS of running. After I left that scene I avoided running like the plague....hence the weight gain...lol..

ILA- Hummus...so yummy!!!! I also love the 5 for 25 at V.S.....I think i am long overdue but I wanna wait until i drop a few more pounds since the majority of my weight is the junk in the trunk...lol.

Corgan- When my mom took WW seriously she dropped 25-30 lbs in a matter of months (also walked about 45 mins a day as well) Basically from what I remember they have a point allotment for food and you can have X# of points per day (basically it''s like any nutrition log type of thing and you have a weekly weigh-in and group meetings once a week.)

Marcy- Feel better and definitely get some sleep!!!! Sleep is the best medicine!
10.gif

Kimberly- Glad you had a restful weekend! (and tacos sound really yummy...FI is coming home in a few so I have to get off my behind and make dinner!)

Have a great night all!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for the well wishes Kimi and PrincessDijon.As soon as Marty calls me to let me know he made it to his hotel okay – I am off to bed.I have my mattress pad warming up already.

1.gif

Kimi, I am glad you had a nice weekend.

PrincessDijon, my mom lost a lot of weight on ww too.She still goes and counts points.She generally gets a month free but sometimes gains a pound or two.

Have a great Tuesday!

Marcy (aka Sneezy)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

D'oh I am repeating myself. Good night!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....sorry for being MIA the last two days, but it's just been so crazy. Sunday, I bought a new laptop and of course even decent ones these days come with virtually NO software, so by the time I got home from my 'uber' long workout Sunday evening, I wound up spending the entire night loading software, calling support lines, trying to get the wireless router to connect, well you know how that goes. I finally got it all working, but it was so late and I had to get to bed to start my "uber" long week ahead.

Today, Charlie was off and he went to the gym and somehow must have dropped his wallet in the process somewhere at the gym. Of course he didn't realize it until he was getting dressed to leave after his workout, and he hoped some good and honest person might have found it and turned it into the desk, but NOOOOOOO, some completely dishonest, evil, criminal found it and by the time Charlie got home and started calling the credit cards, this criminal had already visited Best Buy and Sears to the tune of OVER $5,000.00 in purchases. So, me from work and Charlie from home had to call and cancel all our credit cards, contact Equifax and issue a fraud allert, contact the police, schedule an appointment for a new drivers license, etc........Fun, I'm telling. Fun..... (NOT!). Thank goodness Charlie didn't keep his social security card in his wallet, or we'd surely be facing identity theft on top of everything else. Of course we won't be held resposible for any of the purchases not made by us, but it's just so maddening that there are such evil criminals out there, who do such awful things.

Charlie had to work tonight, so I went to the gym with a passion. I wanted to wipe away the anger over today's events and I worked out and worked out and worked out and the next thing I knew it was 9:30 and I had worked out well over 3 hours. Ugh......I'm still angry over this and don't know if I'll sleep at all tonight.

Our office is moving starting tomorrow. I'll be working from home Wednesday - Friday because we have to leave our current office tomorrow, but our new office won't be ready until next Monday. Otherwise, not much excitement to report.......LOL

I haven't really had the chance to read everyone's posts so far, so I'm sorry for not responding to anyone individually.

I do need to say hey to Lynn and thank her for posting the thread about the two ragdoll kitties. We had discussed getting companionship for Sakai after we had to put Koh down last January but our vet thought she would not take too well to other cats at this stage of her life. Anyway, thank you so much for thinking of us and I will ask around to see if I know anyone who might be able to provide a good home for the cats. I hope you are doing really well Lynn!

K......got to get to bed and 'try' to sleep. I have a big day of moving tomorrow. At least Charlie's off tomorrow night and we're going to go for Sushi.

CYA all tomorrow night.........

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all!

I think we got JT over the hump. He had a couple really rough nights (up 5 times in one night, sobbing for over an hour each time) But, we were warned that the 5 and 6th days would be the worst. For some reason those are the most painful days.

I''m exhausted and I haven''t been able to workout for the last week. My back NEEDS it, so I''m going to have to figure in some time tomorrow.

I''ve had to remind myself to eat lately, but somehow I''ve gained weight.
7.gif
Alas, tis the weigh for me! (tee hee)

Have a great tomorrow!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Rod, I am so sorry that you and Charlie had to go through all of this. I am glad you both got it straightened out with your credit card companies, etc. There are indeed, rotten people out there.

Dee, you crack me up with your neon underwear. HA!!

Marcy: I hope you feel better soon.

Hi everyone
35.gif

Linda

corgan

Shiny_Rock
Rod,

Sorry that happened to you, I have had the same thing happen not once but twice! I know how frustrating it is. I have also had my visa swiped twice at numerous restaurants so watch out for that as well when using your credit card.

Not sure about you but when I told the police they didn''t care at all and of course never looked into it, but the funny thing is you still have to tell them or otherwise it comes back to haunt you but I always felt why bother they are not going to help you out anyway.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Blech. Ended up leaving work and going to the doc yesterday - I am now on antibiotics for something that has taken up residence in my throat. I swear one of these days I am going to MAKE them take my tonsils out!!! I get at LEAST 3 throat infections a year.
14.gif

PrincessDijon - Have you tried adding fruit tea to your water? You can brew some double strong and add just a little to your water to flavor it.

Corgan - Yay for joining things with your daughter! Sounds like you are making great steps towards getting healthy. WWers is great, but it does take time and committment. And planning - but it definitely works!

ZoeBartlett - As much as I wish it was my scale, I was weighed at the Doc''s yesterday and it matched up. Oh well.

Dee*Jay - You would only be insane if you''d been WEARING them in the pic you posted.
2.gif

Marcy - feel better!

Rod - I''m so sorry to hear about the theft! I hope it all gets cleared up.

SomethingShiny - I''m glad TJ''s doing better.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Well I went to the gym and met with my trainer yesterday, I almost fainted! It wasn''t even a super hard workout, I was just so weak still and couldn''t believe how easily I was worn out. I usually do some more cardio after our session, but I was so shaky yesterday that I just went home. I''m going back today and think I will just do the treadmill and some easy weights. I''m so bummed because I was doing so well with my workouts before I got sick, now I have to build myself up again
7.gif

Dee: You CRACKED me up with that pic, I laughed out loud and my boss wanted me to tell him what was so funny!

Princess D and ILA13: Welcome and good luck on starting the diet/exercise! This is a great support group (and funny too).

Corgan: My mom has lost around 85 pounds the past 2 years on WW (however she had done it off and on for about 5 years) I think she was just ready to get serious and losing weight. My grandma has done it for around 20 years and goes in cycles where she loses weight and gains weight, but she still loves it- I think the support aspect helps her. I think it can be a great program if you are serious about it!

Rod: Sorry about all of your bad luck, work all the stress out!

SomethingShiny: Glad to hear JT is over the hump!

Everyone Else: Thanks for all of the well wishes, I really do feel better- I just need to get my body back to where it was!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results