shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 27th Oct till 2nd Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I can't believe it is already NOVEMBER; day light savings begins. . . We GET 1 extra hour to fall back, yay!!!!!
Hello Gang, hope everyone had a safe Halloween last night!!! We had a bunch of kids and then hubby and I walked up the street to my cousins party and visited a bit. Thank you all for the sweet compliments on my nephew.

I weighed in this morning and lost .8 lb. hehe Then hubby and I went up to Santa Fe; I saw a 3.24 carat OEC diamond and a few other goodies! I had the best salad up there; it had this yummy avocado ranch dressing. We also had gelato and went to the Museum of Fine Arts and strolled the shops. I am glad to be back home relaxing this evening!
1.gif
Hope Everyone has a Wonderful rest of the weekend
35.gif

MARCY ~ hope you had a great time and your mom had a wonderful birthday!!! A few goodies aren't bad; that is what I told myself when I had that ranch avocado dressing and a couple of slices of bread w/butter. Thanks about my nephew! Your hubby is so sweet and is right; you are skinny!!

ROD ~ thanks for the sweet words on my nephew. Yay for sushi; I am dying to have some again! great job on resisting cupcakes; I can resist cupcakes but not slice of homemade bread. hehe I hope you got to vote!

DRAGONFLY ~ thanks friend; how was your Halloween?

LINDA ~ thanks friend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
My mom’s birthday party went well.We had 28 people come to the party.My mom really enjoyed having her family here to help her celebrate.Quite a few people haven’t seen me since I lost weight and most of them didn’t recognize even though I’ve sent them photos.It was a nice day.
All the HLT’ers must be having a busy weekend – I hope it’s a fun one.
1.gif

Skippy, thanks for the reminder we get an extra hour.That makes my 3 day weekend one hour longer.Woo hoo!Congratulations for losing .8 pounds.
36.gif
I am glad you had a nice day in Santa Fe especially seeing some diamonds.My aunt today had on a giant ring so I asked her what gemstone it was (it’s pretty yellow) and she said it was a diamond (6.5 carats).She started to tell me about it but we got interrupted.I will have to go through all my pictures to see if I can find a photo of it.Thanks so much for saying I am skinny.I appreciate it.
Take care everyone.
Marcy

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been a bad poster over the past few weeks. At 7 pages, this thread is hopping -- that''s great! It''s hard to catch up with everyone, but I''ve skimmed a few pages.

I have to reschedule the appointment I have with my nutritionist because I have parent conferences that afternoon. I''m anxious to go back because I need to find out what else I can do to see the weight drop more than it has been. I''ve now been at a stand still for so long (a month or longer?) -- something needs to change. I''ll figure it out though. Geez -- I feel like every time I post, it''s to complain about the same thing. Sorry about that! I''m normally not a complainer. Maybe that''s part of why I haven''t posted regularly -- I feel like I never have anything really new to report.

One more complaint -- I have a sinus infection. I get them frequently, and an ENT has recommended surgery, but I''m too chicken to have it done. I slept all day yesterday, except for the couple hours that I was up in the morning and when we went out to dinner to celebrate my birthday that was on Friday. Usually I hate to waste a day in bed, but I have to admit, sleeping for that long felt really good. The same thing may be in store for today, who knows.

I hope everyone has a great day today. Happy Sunday!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2008 6:53:24 AM
Author: ZoeBartlett
I''ve been a bad poster over the past few weeks. At 7 pages, this thread is hopping -- that''s great! It''s hard to catch up with everyone, but I''ve skimmed a few pages.

I have to reschedule the appointment I have with my nutritionist because I have parent conferences that afternoon. I''m anxious to go back because I need to find out what else I can do to see the weight drop more than it has been. I''ve now been at a stand still for so long (a month or longer?) -- something needs to change. I''ll figure it out though. Geez -- I feel like every time I post, it''s to complain about the same thing. Sorry about that! I''m normally not a complainer. Maybe that''s part of why I haven''t posted regularly -- I feel like I never have anything really new to report.

One more complaint -- I have a sinus infection. I get them frequently, and an ENT has recommended surgery, but I''m too chicken to have it done. I slept all day yesterday, except for the couple hours that I was up in the morning and when we went out to dinner to celebrate my birthday that was on Friday. Usually I hate to waste a day in bed, but I have to admit, sleeping for that long felt really good. The same thing may be in store for today, who knows.

I hope everyone has a great day today. Happy Sunday!
Zoe - don''t worry about posting that you are frustrated that you hit a plateau, it IS frustrating! I bet your nutritionist will be able to help you get things shifting again!

I so feel for you with your sinus trouble, it is a horrible condition to suffer from...I hope you feel better soon!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lorelei!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 8:55:22 PM
Author: merrymunky
Dee*Jay - I''m glad you finally got there. Better late than never!

Well I had a session on Wii Fit tonight and I got a shock. Even though my scales said my weight hasn''t changed over the last few months, the wii fit body test said different. My BMI is higher than ever, and apparently I am 7lbs heavier than last time I played in July.

GUTTED.

Guess I should take that as my wake up call. I panic...am I too late to lose weight?

I oftwn wonder if I have left it too long. What if I have damaged myself beyond repair?
8.gif

Still struggling ith this discovery.

I feel pretty low today, due to this, amongst other niggles.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2008 7:00:41 AM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Thanks Lorelei!
Most welcome dear!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2008 7:07:57 AM

Date: 10/31/2008 8:55:22 PM
Dee*Jay - I'm glad you finally got there. Better late than never!

Well I had a session on Wii Fit tonight and I got a shock. Even though my scales said my weight hasn't changed over the last few months, the wii fit body test said different. My BMI is higher than ever, and apparently I am 7lbs heavier than last time I played in July.

GUTTED.

Guess I should take that as my wake up call. I panic...am I too late to lose weight?

I oftwn wonder if I have left it too long. What if I have damaged myself beyond repair?
8.gif

Merry - no you are NOT too late to lose weight!!!! You can and will do this - honestly!! Talk to us as you are doing and we can help, we have all been there and felt the panic and despair!

I was reading back through your posts and I thought of something that might help....I read that you said in the past you lost some weight and then gave up and regained it. Can you think back to what happened when you decided to throw in the towel? Do you know what the reasons were? I ask this because if you can pinpoint what happened last time when you decided to quit, it can be useful so that you can avoid doing it again!

The other times you lost weight aren't wasted or failures - they are all part of good experience that you can use to lose the weight and keep it off this time! It took me YEARS of bouncing up and down weightwise before I was able to finally lose the excess for good and keep it off, and it seems this isn't uncommon!

So you are not alone and we DO understand - and we are here to help!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
hey guys! Halloween was a lot of fun, but I''m in recovery mode from the fat intake lolol. we took SO''s sister trick or treating. I''ve attached a pic of her as a bumblebee. We also went to a party with some of my friends where I had fattening drinks. OY. Yesterday I went to SO''s mom''s and walked and jogged (less jogging due to cramps) for 2 hours, and did the hills. Today I''m going to work out again and also get in some quality time going through our junk lol. Oh and btw GATORS WON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Rod - that is intense!!!
Marcy - that was an aweful nice thing to say
Skippy - This year flew by, my halloween was fun and your''s?
Zoe - GL

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2008 7:09:45 AM
Author: Lorelei

Merry - no you are NOT too late to lose weight!!!! You can and will do this - honestly!! Talk to us as you are doing and we can help, we have all been there and felt the panic and despair!

I was reading back through your posts and I thought of something that might help....I read that you said in the past you lost some weight and then gave up and regained it. Can you think back to what happened when you decided to throw in the towel? Do you know what the reasons were? I ask this because if you can pinpoint what happened last time when you decided to quit, it can be useful so that you can avoid doing it again!

The other times you lost weight aren''t wasted or failures - they are all part of good experience that you can use to lose the weight and keep it off this time! It took me YEARS of bouncing up and down weightwise before I was able to finally lose the excess for good and keep it off, and it seems this isn''t uncommon!

You always have such encouraging words *hugs*

I think I am feeling rather low today...self loathing day.

I think my FI and I are having issues which are making me feel worse than usual too I am definitely having a duvet day...I want to crawl back into bed and hide.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2008 9:14:39 AM

Date: 11/2/2008 7:09:45 AM
Author: Lorelei

The other times you lost weight aren''t wasted or failures - they are all part of good experience that you can use to lose the weight and keep it off this time! It took me YEARS of bouncing up and down weightwise before I was able to finally lose the excess for good and keep it off, and it seems this isn''t uncommon!

You always have such encouraging words *hugs*

I think I am feeling rather low today...self loathing day.

I think my FI and I are having issues which are making me feel worse than usual too I am definitely having a duvet day...I want to crawl back into bed and hide.
Hugs to you too MM! I have been there, as have many of us and I know how terrible it feels....Try to do something nice for yourself - a manicure or pedicure, do your hair or put some makeup and perfume on - just suggestions but these things can really make a difference when you are feeling so pants! Or if the weather is ok your end, see about going for a walk ( probably too wet but you never know!)

Or watch a favourite DVD - sometimes a good comedy can help lift the blues.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey....just a quick check-in. I never made it to the gym yesterday, but I did stand in line for a couple hours and voted instead. It was kind of a fun thing to do on a Saturday afternoon. I was lucky to be in line with a group of liberal thinking, young people who were all there to vote for Obama and to defeat a bad amendment I had mentioned in my who's who (so I won't go into it here). Last night we had a too long dinner with frieds. THey're the ones I wrote about some time ago who have a 6 year old and she's been fighting breask cancer. We had a nice time, but the meal went on forever and they chose a steak house, which is just OK and just not what we particularly like. But the company was nice and she is doing better, so that was good.

Today will be a regular Sunday. Charlie's off, so we're going to workout this afternoon. It should be a good workout for me as I don't often get two days off between workouts, so my muscles should be good and rested.

I'm sorry they didn't have early voting open in your area on Saturday Marcy. It kind of defeats the purpose, IMHO. Weekends should be when they do have them open for people who find it difficult to vote during the week. Oh well......... Yay for your mom's birthday party going well!

Yay for losing almost another full pound Skippy! And yes, YAY for an extra hour of sleep last night!!

Zoe, I'm so sorry you have a sinus infection. I hope you feel better soon.......I guess you'll have to think about the surgery since you get these infections often.

merrymunky, like Lorelei commented, it's never too late to lose weight. You just have to keep working on it day by day. I wouldn't put too much stock in an electronic game as a real indicator of how well you're doing either.......

Sounds like you had fun for Halloween Dragon!!

I'll check in later tonight. Hope everyone's having a nice Sunday....

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Rod...I just read your personal story in the Who''s Who forum. WOW.

You are an inspiration.

My life story would be fairly bland I fear.

I am trying to take everything one step at a time. I am feeling rather miserable today and the temptation to comfort eat is ridiculous. I have held off so far, so a nice home cooked tea might do the trick later.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2008 11:35:17 AM
Rod...I just read your personal story in the Who''s Who forum. WOW.

You are an inspiration.

My life story would be fairly bland I fear.

I am trying to take everything one step at a time. I am feeling rather miserable today and the temptation to comfort eat is ridiculous. I have held off so far, so a nice home cooked tea might do the trick later.
You have done well MM! Have a good dinner and do the best you can to make some healthy choices - as the saying goes, this too shall pass and tomorrow is another day. You can always start over!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning all. It is another gorgeous day here in sunny NM.
emhot.gif
We probably will go for a bike ride and yay for an extra hour of sleep!

MM, I love Lorelei's suggestions. A walk always refreshes me and helps clear my mind. For me the cool crisp air just makes me feel better if it is a bad day; sending you a hug and you can do it!!!

Rod, enjoy your workout and glad your friend is doing better! Yay for voting!!!!

Zoe, I feel for you; I had a 4 week plateu and Lorelei suggested more protein and a bit less carbs. That worked for me and mixing up what I was eating, not the same ole same old; I agree the nutritionist probably has some good ideas for you. I like journals so we can review what worked for us and didn't; I like to look back at mine. Sending you ps dust and maybe you are moving inches.

Marcy, glad the birthday was wonderful!!!

Lorelei, yay for the great suggestions; you helpe me with my plateau, bless you friend!

Dragonfly, yay for a wonderful Halloween, hugs!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to help Skip!!
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greetings from Equador!

I didn''t check in yesterday because I was picked up for Machu Picchu at 5 am and didn''t get back to the hotel until almost midnight. All I can say about Machu Picchu is WOW! It was fabulous. I''ll post pics when I get back. And then I thought, well, what the hell, I''m here so I climbed Wayna Picchu too. (That is the mountain that you always see in the background in ever picture of Machu Picchu. There actually IS a Machu Picchu mountain but it is on the other side of the development so you rarely see it.) As for the climb up Wayna Picchu... let me just say in all honestly that it was without a doubt THE SCARIEST F*CKING THING I''VE EVER DONE. TRULY. I will post pics when I get back. The last many meters consist of a climb pretty much straight up a rock cliff, and there ain''t NUTHIN to catch you if you fall. It was just amazing!!!

So I''m counting that as my work out for yesterday LOL, and now I''ve just checked in to a hotel with a gym so I''m going to do the treadmill for an hour, get my complimentary welcome drink at the bar, and then wander around town to see the sights.

Oh, and sunscreen down here -- HA! What a joke! I practically bathed in the stuff yesterday and it did me virtually no good what so ever. I am a color that no human being should ever be. And the bug spray was rather a joke too. You don''t even know you''ve been bitten until you see the ugly quarter-sized welt with the spot of blood leaking from the middle. YUCK!!! Oh well, what do you expect in the jungle, right?

Off I go!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you are having fun Dee!!
35.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tip Skippy! I''m going to go to the meals I had planned back when I first started losing weight and see what the difference is. I don''t think I''ve changed much of anything, so the food itself might not be the "culprit." When I started losing weight, it was in the summer and I had time to go to the gym most days of the week. Now, I go about 3 times a week -- two of those days are spent working with a trainer on mostly weights and exercises -- not cardio. I''ve been trying to increase my cardio on my own but maybe I''m not doing enough. I''m pretty sure that with the nutritionist''s and the trainer''s advice, I''ll be able to drop more weight. It will take time though.

Dee Jay -- it sounds like you''re having fun on vacation. How exciting!

Hi Dragonfly!

Hi MM!

Hi Rod -- I''m off to read your "who''s who" in a sec.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Zoe *Waves*

Dee*Jay - Wow...sounds like you are making the most of the holiday. Have fun!

--------------------

Well I resisted temptation to binge on rubbish and had a lovely vegetarian roast dinner with a Weight Watchers iced dessert after as a treat. I can''t believe they are only 1.5 points. They are amazing.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a 45 min bike ride! Wow, it is getting dark quick!!!! Tomorrow I babysit my nephew so I might just check in Tues! Have a wonderful evening all
emmoon.gif

Zoe, hopefully reviewing your food journal helps; crossing my fingers you break your plateau soon!

Dee, wowweeee, can''t wait to see the pictures! Sounds like a great time!

MM, howdy!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the compliments about Andrew''s costume...he was so excited! We just got back from the beach. We headed over for the weekend to a friend''s condo and had a great time. It was too chilly for swimsuits, but we just sat in some beach chairs and watched the waves and Andrew played in the sand. We were celebrating Andrew''s birthday and Adam and I got him a t-ball set so we took the bat and ball out to the beach and played...that was my workout for the weekend! Hope everyone had a great weekend and see you in next week''s thread!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I hope you had a great Sunday.I spent most of my day looking through old photos to scan for a digital photo frame for my dad.His birthday is in a couple of weeks.Marty played golf so we met for dinner when he was done then we went grocery shopping.
Zoe, sorry to hear you are sick especially over your birthday.I hope you get better soon.
Merrymunky, sorry to hear you are having the blues today butmaking positive changes even small ones will help boost your spirits.As Lorelei said, I too have gone up and down a number of times but I never made the necessary life style changes to be successful.We are here for you and trust me I understand the sense of overwhelming challenges you have ahead.I certainly did damage to my health for being so overweight most of my life but I feel 100% better now and the health problems I had before are either gone or significantly less acute than before.It’s never too late to start or make changes. I know I''ve added probably years to my life by becoming a healthy weight. I agree going for a nice walk is a great way to just get away and clear your head. You can do this girl and we are here for you. Big hugs coming your way.

Dragonfly, I am glad you had a wonderful Halloween.
R
od, that is a relief to hear your friend’s daughter is better.That is nice you had a good time at supper in spite of the food not being spectacular.I so agree it would be nice if we could vote on the weekends here.
Skippy, we had gorgeous weather here too.I didn’t get out and enjoy it but Marty played golf.We noticed it was completely dark at 5:30 today.Have fun babysitting your cute nephew tomorrow.
DeeJay, your hike sounds awesome and scary.Rats for the sunscreen and bug spray not being much help.I can’t wait to see your photos.
Steph, you weekend sounds beautiful and peaceful.I love the ocean but naturally I can’t see it from here.Tee hee.
Well, take care.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a very nice Sunday afternoon. It''s so nice when Charlie''s off on Sunday. We had lunch at Panera (what a surprise eh?), then coffee under the oak, followed by a very nice and long workout. For dinner, we just stopped off at Fresh Market and bought some fresh silver queen corn, and some already cooked baby back ribs (for me) and some turkey burgers (for Charlie), plus some fresh brocolli, which we steamed. It was kind of a dreary day with on again/off again rain, so after dinner, I just stepped out and picked up two decaf''s from Sbucks and we just sat on the couch with Sakai glued to our shoulders. Dessert was just a couple pieces of dark chocolate. Charlie''s not working tomorrow, so we''ll have sushi at facorites sushi place #2.

Thanks MM. I don''t think our life is WOW, but we have been fortunate and we''ve had a good life for sure. And I hope by working out as hard as we do and by eating healthy, we have a lot more time to enjoy our lives!! I''m betting you have a way more interesting life than you think. And taking it one step at a time is the best thing you can do.

I''m glad you had a beuatiful day in NM Skippy. I hope you had enjoyed your nice bike ride!! Have fun babysitting your nephew tomorrow!

DeeJay, your trip sounds amazing and we''re all looking forward to some terrific pictures when you get back.

Zoe, cardio is a great way to burn calories and do something really terrific for you heart! Thanks for taking the time to read my story in the ww!

Steph, please wish Andrew a happy birthday and I''m glad you had a great time at the beach this weekend!

I hope everyone enjoyed thier weekend andis looking forward to a nice new week!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, thank you we did have a great time at the beach. I try not to take living close to the ocean for granted b/c I''m pretty sure we won''t be here long term with Adam''s job b/c we seemed to get moved every 2 years or so, so when we do go I really enjoy it. That is always fun to look through old photos and remember good times with family!

Rod, thank you so much for the birthday wishes for Andrew! Your weekend with Charlie sounds lovely. I just love nice relaxing Sundays. What kind of dark chocolate do you recommend? I have been doing sort of a modified South Beach type diet and they say dark chocolate is okay to have at night for a little dessert if you need something sweet. I tried it before but the kind I bought was just way too bitter for me. Maybe I just have to get used to it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results