shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 23rd Feb till 1st March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Skippy, have fun babysitting tomorrow.Three years old is a very fun age.I did see the comet.It was pretty nice.We found it in binoculars first and saw it as a big fuzzy so I got out my little 4” scope to look at it and it looked like a clear little fuzzy.It will be around for awhile so hopefully you’ll be able to find it.Thanks for the well wishes.

Rod, I can’t believe you get the porcelain crown that soon.I won’t get mine for another week or two_Our course we are usually 10 years behind everyone else here.The dentist did ask me if I wanted to get a porcelain one but I have another crown already and it’s gold so I figured I would stick with that.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Kim, I feel you with the its hard to say "no" especially when its something you want to do. I promise though it does get easier to say over time. The last year or two I''ve really made an effort to have more balance between busy time and me time. I try to keep at least one week night open on the calendar to be at home, sometimes it hard with volunteer committments, and book club, and sorority alum club, and time with friends, or work. But I''ve found that usually if I say I can''t do something people don''t push, we are all busy.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

I had my meet up with Dee :) She''s super fun and she TOTALLY rocked yoga for a first timer. She did all the poses (to her ability, bad knee and all). I even had to lie down a bit because I thought it was too hot and she was right there with all the poses. What a super star!

Kim, glad your walk was better than you were expecting.

Skippy, hooray for babysitting your nephew. I like 3 yrs old, they''re old enough to tell you what they want and stuff but still young enough that they''ll listen to you. :) Enjoy the nice weather.

Tac, hope weights is a possibility tomorrow. I keep telling myself I should do weights but never do. I think I''m going to try to do tha 100 Pushups program.

Marcy, glad to hear you''re feeling a little better. I hope you finally bump that nasty cold. Kick it to the curb, girl! :)

Rod, You''re inspiring me to do sushi with my girlfriends. It''s restaurant week in Chicago and there are a few sushi restaurants on them. Mmmm... sushi :) Glad your workout was a good one. I''m to 4.5 hrs with 3 sessions of yoga. still not your 6 1/4... Go Super Rod.

Steph, It''s kinda scary about Octo-mom. I totally agree with you.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 1:08:32 AM
Author: lliang_chi
Hey everyone!

I had my meet up with Dee :) She''s super fun and she TOTALLY rocked yoga for a first timer. She did all the poses (to her ability, bad knee and all). I even had to lie down a bit because I thought it was too hot and she was right there with all the poses. What a super star!

Kim, glad your walk was better than you were expecting.

Skippy, hooray for babysitting your nephew. I like 3 yrs old, they''re old enough to tell you what they want and stuff but still young enough that they''ll listen to you. :) Enjoy the nice weather.

Tac, hope weights is a possibility tomorrow. I keep telling myself I should do weights but never do. I think I''m going to try to do tha 100 Pushups program.

Marcy, glad to hear you''re feeling a little better. I hope you finally bump that nasty cold. Kick it to the curb, girl! :)

Rod, You''re inspiring me to do sushi with my girlfriends. It''s restaurant week in Chicago and there are a few sushi restaurants on them. Mmmm... sushi :) Glad your workout was a good one. I''m to 4.5 hrs with 3 sessions of yoga. still not your 6 1/4... Go Super Rod.

Steph, It''s kinda scary about Octo-mom. I totally agree with you.
How fun you two got to meet!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning.

LLiang, so glad you met Dee and had fun at yoga. She is so much fun.

Apple, I''m working on "No" but it''s especially hard when it involves making money. The respite work I do is great for cash in the pocket, and it''s hard for me to turn down. You are much busier with formal activities than I am, I''ve wanted to join a book club for a long time but have yet to find one (it bums me out), my busy-ness is mostly work related. But I''m going to work on saying no more often, and making sure my exercise is more of a priority. I manage to get in 3-4 workouts a week, but they aren''t as good as I''d like them to be.

Rod, you and Charlie deserve a vacation.

Skip, J''s pizza was yummy.

Have a great day everyone.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am seriously SORE today. This was from the class that burns up to 1,000 calories AN HOUR. I am going to try to go to the gym this afternoon to lift weights. Taking T. Yikes.

Kimberly, my mom always tells be about the book. I think it is called "I feel guilty when I say no" she says it REALLY helped her.

marcy, I love your cake. Can''t wait to see what you do in the next class. I bet your mom loved it.

skippy, I bet 3 is fun. I can''t wait to have a CONVERSATION with T. Haha. Have fun tomorrow with DH and nephew!

Rod, I cannot imagine 3 hour workouts. Good for you!

lliang, yay for your good workout with D! I heard weight lifting DOES shed the weight faster. Of course I wouldnt KNOW about that since I have GAINED weight in the 4 weeks of hardcore (for me) working out. This is the HARDEST I have ever worked in my life
7.gif
100 pushups? Yikes!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 9:58:10 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I am seriously SORE today. This was from the class that burns up to 1,000 calories AN HOUR. I am going to try to go to the gym this afternoon to lift weights. Taking T. Yikes.

Kimberly, my mom always tells be about the book. I think it is called ''I feel guilty when I say no'' she says it REALLY helped her.

marcy, I love your cake. Can''t wait to see what you do in the next class. I bet your mom loved it.

skippy, I bet 3 is fun. I can''t wait to have a CONVERSATION with T. Haha. Have fun tomorrow with DH and nephew!

Rod, I cannot imagine 3 hour workouts. Good for you!

lliang, yay for your good workout with D! I heard weight lifting DOES shed the weight faster. Of course I wouldnt KNOW about that since I have GAINED weight in the 4 weeks of hardcore (for me) working out. This is the HARDEST I have ever worked in my life
7.gif
100 pushups? Yikes!
Hang in there Tac, you ARE losing fat and you will soon see the results of all your hard work, bet people will really notice soon!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I did 45 mins on the treddy to an episode of The Tudors this morning, so thats three this week.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone. Yesterday I did strength jumping jacks but nothing in the evening because I was tired and wanted some cuddle time with my SO. Today is our 3rd anniversary!!!!! WWOOOOO He''s taking me out tonight and I''m going to try to be good, but we''ll see lol. This weekend is a busy one with my friends who are twins celebrating their birthdays, a concert tomorrow night, my friend moving all weekend, and a trip to Gander Mountain Sunday. I''m going to try to squeeze in some cardio in the early mornings, plus I clean stalls all weekend which works my arms and abs teehee. Eating was good last night, grilled chicken ceaser, and lunch today is tuna on whole wheat with veggies again. Breakfast yesterday was Kashi oatmeal and it was mmm mm good. This morning I had egg on whole wheat toast (we have two loafs b/c my grandma had gotten one and I got one on sale for like 1.00 after coupons) with yogurt and some oj. I''ve been inhaling water like it''s going out of style, not sure if it''s the weather changes, or just my body, but water''s a good thing yes? lol. I''m doing the self challenge too so keeping that updated and it gives some great meal ideas. I think I"m making black beans with cous cous on Sunday which is one of my specialty meals hehe.
Tacori - I think I am going to switch my major but I"m going to wait until after the fall semester when I do my fourth attempt, so it doesn''t seem like I''m jumping around in majors.
Skippy - one beer won''t kill you
Hope everyone is doing well

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
hello all!

sorry for the quick drive-through. i''ve been somewhat lax with the workouts this week. OK, i haven''t worked out AT ALL. i needed to take a break after the last bootcamp and training for the 5k. plus, i got SICK which wasn''t fun. i''ve been lazy and am not too happy about it.

i hope to snap out of this funk and hit the gym again soon... I have to- DH and are doing a 10k at the end of march and it''s crunch time!

i''ve read your posts and y''all are rock stars.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys...well the extra kiddies went to their grandma''s house today, so it was back to normal at our house. I went to the gym after I dropped Andrew off and had a Rod-like "uber" workout. I haven''t worked out since Sunday and I missed it, but I suppose I worked off more than a few calories running after 3 kids! Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Sorry for the super quick fly buy but I am crazy busy today!

Had SUCH a good time with Lliang last night! And don''t let her fool you--SHE is the yoga super star!!!

Did an hour on the bike this morning in an effort to preserve what''s left of my knee. Seriously, as soon as I have confirmation that I have health insurance again I am totally getting this thing looked at...

Off to do a gazillion things but will check in more later or tomorrow.

35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
This will be quick as we are meeting some friends for dinner at a Mexican restaurant. I babysat my nephew half the day today and hubby had the day off so we all went to the park; it was fun to see them having fun together. My nephew and I jogged back from the park. Then my hubby and I went to lunch and had these crepes and a dessert crepe. After today i am needing to rein it in (because I gained 1.5) and get busy losing the last little bit of weight. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Yay for Lliang and Dee for an awesome yoga workout!

Tacori woo for all your uber workouts woman!

Rod, hope you have a great evening.

Lorelei, hi friend.

Marcy, hope you are feeling better soon.

Kimi, glad the pizza was super yummy!

Dragon, yay for the workout.

Charger hope you feel better soon.

Steph, enjoy your weekend

hugs to all

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I didn''t make it to the gym today. I felt sick all day so I figured why push myself. T and I took a nap instead. My knee has really been bothering me the past week (upper part of the cap). Hope I didn''t do something to it.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Long day at work. They let a couple people go, so that really wasn''t very pleasant. It kind of made the afternoon very hushed. I wound up having dinner at Panera and sat with an older couple who are neighbors here in our condo. They''re kind of busy bodies, and I wasn''t in the mood for company, but couldn''t be rude. Then I walked down to Sbucks under the oak and the line for coffee was soooo long and there wasn''t a table inside or out and I just didn''t feel like waiting forever for a cup of coffee, so I came home and kept Sakai company instead. I''ll likely go to the gym tomorrow afternoon. Charlie''s working till 7 tomorrow night, then we''ll go for sushi when he gets off.

It''s been a long and frustrating week. I''m just plain tuckered and will just say hello to everyone collectively.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ROD, I am so sorry about work today, that would be scary. You sound like a huge asset to the company. sending you a huge hugs dear friend. (((((HUG)))))))

TACORI good idea on taking it easy on the knee. I don't know if you were around when I had knee troubles, you might want to work on strengthening the knees and if you are doing high impact taking it down a notch. I am not sure if you do high impact? I hurt my knee 2 yrs ago and I use to do high impact step so I stopped the step and started doing lower impact; my doctor said womens knees can't take high impact. I also take glucosamine and it has helped. You probably will be fine but I thought I would share with you, just incase. Hope you feel better soon.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy Friday!I am working on laundry tonight – that will help me out tomorrow.I ate too much for supper and I am very full right now.I left potatoes baking in the oven and I rarely eat all of it but my steak wasn’t done and I was starving so I started eating it while my steak finished cooking.You guessed it; I ate it all and then still finished my small steak.Not a calorie buster or anything just more than I normally eat in one setting.

Appletini, it is hard to juggle everything but you are smart to make sure you get some me time.I’ve been working on that myself.

Lliang, yeah for having yoga class with DeeJay.I bet you guys had fun.I’d love to kick my crud to the curb this weekend.That would make me pretty darned happy.

Hi Lorelei.Have you had any clear weather yet to see the comet?

Kimi, I’ll agree to teach classes for our outreach school then get behind in the rest of my life.It’s hard to turn down a job you like on top of earning some extra money.I am glad you make sure you get in your workouts each week.

Tacori, I hope you aren’t so sore this evening.My mom has been enjoying her cake; she froze quite a few pieces of it.The next class has a lot of flowers in it so we’ll see how that goes.Good luck with your knee.

Dragonfly, happy third anniversary with your SO.Have fun with all your activities this weekend.

ChargerGirl, I hope you are feeling better.Practicing for the 5K will be fun.

Steph, I bet your house is quiet without 3 kids running around.

DeeJay, take care of your sore knee.I hope it gets better.

Skippy, how fun for you and your nephew to job back from the park.I am sure you two were quite a pair.

Rod, I hate to hear you had such a bad day at work.I hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Take care.Have a great weekend.

35.gif

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all; I went for a 4 mile walk so it took me 65 mins.
3.gif
I am going to make hazelnut stuffed chicken breasts with an orange juice sauce; I hope it is yummy.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!
35.gif

MARCY, I need to do laundry too. hehe

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lor, thanks for the encouragement. Yay for the workouts!!!

CG, good luck with the 10K. You are a rock star!

steph, I seriously get nervous when I think how much work 2 kids will be. I cannot even IMAGINE 3!

Skippy, not sure if I do high impact. My cardio classes has lots of jumping and stuff. It is the upper part of my knee cap. I am hoping it will just go away. Where did you hurt your knee?

Rod, sounds stressful at your job right now! Sorry.

marcy, how sweet your mom froze some of the cake so she can enjoy it later! Hope she is doing well.

Skippy, yay for the long walk! Hope the chicken turns out good.

So funny story. I went to the gym today and did 33 mins of cardio and some leg weights. I decided to stop at the store for some bananas (T is such a monkey) and of course I just as too tempted by the sugar cookies they were giving samples of (and I wonder why I haven''t lost weight. Ha!) So I was at the self-check out and the guy next to me was like "where you just at the Y?" I told him I was and he said he thought he recognized me
33.gif
I seriously feel invisible there, make no eye contact and hardly notice anyone. So I held up my cookies and said "and look now I am buying cookies!" He replied "hey, I don''t judge, look I am buying chips and dip!" It was funny. Haha. Guess we were both busted.
20.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, the chicken is baking; if it turns out good I will add it to our recipe thread.
1.gif

Tacori, that is so funny about the guy at the store, cute story!! hehee
lol.gif
I hear you on feeling invisible but then you will start to see people and chat or say hi. Yay for your workouts! jumping is high impact, my knee started hurting in the same area and felt like behind the knee cap. Hope if feels better soon. Thanks for wishing me luck on the chicken.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chicken turned out good; adding recipe to the Mara''s thread.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........It was a nice day. I sletp till 9:30 which is such a treat. It was a fantabulous day in Tampa and we were able to enjoy breakfast on the terrace, have our coffee and read the paper. For lunch, I had one of the egg, cheese and peppered bacon sanwiches they now sell at Sbucks. I could become addicted to them. The whole wheat english muffin is so good. They''re not greasy at all either. I also had a cup of soup from Panera with my sandwich. Charlie had to be at work at 2 PM, so I then went to the gym and had a really nice long workout. My hamstring in my right leg is still bothering me, but I won''t let it get me down. I''m now up to 9.25 hours for the week. Tomorrow, Charlie will go to the gym with me. We met for Sushi tonight, which was wonderful as usual.

Thanks Skippy. Yesterday was a bad day. It''s just not a good market right now and I don''t know how long it''s going to be before things start to improve. I don''t think it''s going to be soon though. Yay for a 4 mile walk!! The chicken sounds good! I''ll have to check out the recipe......

Marcy, I don'' think a whloe potato (potatoes are actually a good food as long they''re not dripping in buter or sour cream) a small steak is too much. Now I want some steak......yummmm! Thanks for your kind words too.

Cute story about the cookies and chips and dip Tacori! Yep, kind of stressful at work right now. I hope things improve soon.

I hope everyone had a good Saturday and is looking forward to a nice Sunday.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy Saturday.We ran errands ALL DAY.Sad thing my right knee is hurting BAD.Rats.It feels more like muscles than my normal arthritis pain.I’ll see how it feels tomorrow.My crud is still cruddy.We went to the mall and I know you’ll be shocked to hear that Marty bought new clothes and I didn’t buy anything.I was hoping some of the nice vests and tops would be on sale at Dillards but the one’s I liked were already gone.Rats.I did see a purse I liked (not on sale) but not in a color I like.I can get it online in different colors so I think I will go back tomorrow and make sure it’s what I want and if it will work I will order it online.

Grandma is doing pretty poorly.She is confused and very depressed.I hate to see her like that.For some reason I was hungry for chocolate chip cookies so I made a batch.Marty and I each ate 2 of them.I packed up some for Marty to take with him tomorrow (he and some friends are going to go play golf), I took my parents over a plate of them and will take grandma and her roommate each a few cookies tomorrow.I put 8 cookies in the freezer and kept out 2 for me tomorrow.

When I went to see my parents my mom showed me her MRI x-ray that shows where her tumor in her ear is located.Wow, that was amazing.It was definitely right on the edge of going in to her brain.

Tomorrow I will try to get my house work done since I didn’t get to it today.

Skippy, how awesome you got in such a long walk today.My walking was more meandering around the mall for a few hours, then the grocery store and then the liquor store. Your chicken sounds quite tasty.I am glad they turned out great.

Tacori, too funny running in to the guy from the gym at the store.I met a girl for lunch one day that is on one of my teams on Sparkpeople and I ate less than I normally do (which isn’t much) just because I didn’t want to appear like I was pigging out.It’s not like I have to impress her of anything.I hope your knee gets better.

Take care.

Marcy

1237397y6kr97ild4.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod, we posted at the same time.What a treat to sleep in.I slept in about an hour so that was nice.I hope your leg feels better soon.I did have some butter on my baked potato but not much.I know my calories for supper weren’t bad but it was just more food than I normally eat at one time.I have been on my low end of my weight since I got sick so I wasn’t worried about a little extra food.Of course then I had cookies today.LOL.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Not much going on, I will try to fit in another treddy session later today.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, glad the chicken turned out good! I only notice people who are really strange so hopefully that is NOT why he remembered me. Haha. I know he wasn''t working out next to me b/c I do notice who is right besides me. Who knows?!?

Rod, I LOVE sleeping in. Rarely happens anymore for me. Enjoy it. I didn''t know Starbucks had actually food (besides baked goods). Sorry about your hamstring. Bummer.

Marcy, I am jealous your DH will go shopping with you! Mine hasn''t gone since we were in the "courting" stage and even then he brought a book and read while I shopped
20.gif
Boring! Hopefully T is a shopper. Scary about your mom''s tumor. Hope your knee feels better. I can relate. We are all falling apart!
39.gif
Funny about the Spark people lunch date. I would have done the same probably. Haha.

Lor, hope you get to workout today! Hope all is well with you.

So I *really* want to go to the gym today but DH is working and they do not have childwatch on the weekends. So maybe I will just do a dvd. So far this week I have gone 4 times (my weekly goal
36.gif
) for an hour each. Plus I took that super long walk with T the other day.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 9:34:24 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Skippy, glad the chicken turned out good! I only notice people who are really strange so hopefully that is NOT why he remembered me. Haha. I know he wasn''t working out next to me b/c I do notice who is right besides me. Who knows?!?

Rod, I LOVE sleeping in. Rarely happens anymore for me. Enjoy it. I didn''t know Starbucks had actually food (besides baked goods). Sorry about your hamstring. Bummer.

Marcy, I am jealous your DH will go shopping with you! Mine hasn''t gone since we were in the ''courting'' stage and even then he brought a book and read while I shopped
20.gif
Boring! Hopefully T is a shopper. Scary about your mom''s tumor. Hope your knee feels better. I can relate. We are all falling apart!
39.gif
Funny about the Spark people lunch date. I would have done the same probably. Haha.

Lor, hope you get to workout today! Hope all is well with you.

So I *really* want to go to the gym today but DH is working and they do not have childwatch on the weekends. So maybe I will just do a dvd. So far this week I have gone 4 times (my weekly goal
36.gif
) for an hour each. Plus I took that super long walk with T the other day.
Hi Tac, I am fine thanks dear! I am hoping to get on the treddy later with a bit of luck!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All.

Yesterday we met my mom and nephew 1/2 way and spent the day at a park with a train and a lake and pony rides and had lunch (that''s a lot of ands!). Lots of walking around. This morning John and I went on a walk around the neighborhood. He said I walk too fast, which means it was a good pace. We walked for a bit more than an hour.

This afternoon I have a meeting, I was offered a part time teaching position working with 5th grade students who areb working below grade level at the school where I student taught; I start tomorrow. It will be so strange to have a steady job and my own classroom, at least until the end of the year. It''s a great opportunity. I''ll continue to sub in the afternoons and work my other jobs as well. This means I''ll have a good block of time in the early afternoon, when I''m not subbing, to go to the gym. Hooray!

Marcy, so sorry about your mom''s tumor and poor grandma. It can be so tough.

Tacori, how funny you were recongized buying cookies! Yum. Take care of that knee.

Dragon, how was the anniversary?

Charger, I failed at exercise this week too. Don''t feel bad.

Rod, take care of that hamstring!

Hi Skippy!

Have a great day all.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all.

I''ve been really busy lately and haven''t had a proper workout. We''ve been doing TONS of stuff around the house so I''ve been sweating everyday though! With DH off of work, I''ve gained a few pounds in just a few weeks. (He''s gained a few too.) I find myself eating whenever he does even though I''m not particularly hungry. He also talks me into making lots of alfredo, pizza, etc. I think my next line of defense is to get him eating a bit healthier. He''s REALLY against this. I''ve managed to switch to a whole grain bread and completely get rid of the white (JT LOVES the new bread, btw), but DH won''t eat healthier pastas, leaner meats, etc. I don''t think my cooking in general is UNhealthy, just not as healthy as it could be. Any quick and easy tips?? I use EVOO mostly, but I still use butter. I try to sneak in veggies, but they''re easily detectable. I make very tasty meats, but DH actually prefers the gross fatty part.

Good to see you all! Have a great tomorrow!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did 45 mins on the treddy so thats 4 this week, my workout weeks run Monday - Sunday.

See you all in tomorrow''s thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results