shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 20th October till 26th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My.......So many posts for one day! Nothing exciting to report here. Had an ''uber'' long day at work. Charlie was supposed to get off early enought to stop by the store and buy some chicken thighs and cook dinner at home, but he got in some overtime, so I wound up stopping at Fresh Market and buying a baked chicken. They did have some beautiful looking fresh Silver Queen corn, so I bought some and fresh brocolli as well. The chicken was overcooked, but the corn, oh man the corn. So unbelievably sweet and crackly. The brocolli was,well.....brocolli, but it was good too. Then we went out and got a cup of decaf and sat outsise. It was such a nice breezy and evening outside. We could have sout out there forever. Tomorrow''s a gym night, so I''ll check in tomorrow night, but it will be a pretty quick check in.

I''m going to try to say hey to everyone, but since there are so many posts (and so many of them food related - LOL), if I miss anyone, it''s not on purpose......

Sorry your trainer is taking a leave of absence Apple. Hope it''s not too long. I hope you keep up the workouts anyway........

Wow Marcy, I didn''t know Marty had lost 40 pounds. It''s a good thing you both have jobs as the clothes bill in your house has had to have been pretty high!!

You have been such a good girl Michelle and your hard work is going to pay off great dividends ultimately! Thanks for all the recipes! And I agree iwth gecko....you look simply beautiful in your avatar and I''m betting you look even prettier in person!

CJ......Tofu Quiche? I''m not a quiche guy to begin with, but Tofu? I''m gald you watch your sodium since hypertension is common in our family.

I''m sure the egg whites will be fine Lorelei, but I often wonder why everyone''s afraid of the yolks in eggs. The latest studies show that the yolks don''t increase one''s cholesterol levels, so why do people avoid the yolks? I don''t eat many eggs, but when I want an egg, I want the whole egg!

Hey gecko.......I still don''t care for egg whites, but am glad you''ve had good success with them..........

Skippy, I''m sorry you hurt your ankle. Take it easy sweetie, OK?

I''m glad I didn''t bore you to death Miscka!! I hope you really never do figure out what you want to be when you grow up. I''m still hoping I have more career adventures ahead of me and I''m sure I''m old enough to be your dad!! LOL

Sounds like you worked hard to make those calves sore and good for you dragon!! Thanks for the kind words on my workout dedication!

So DeeJay, how is it you''re going on such an amazing trip with Bill?

I''m glad you continue with bootcamp Charger! I still wish I could include on my life, but there''s just no way I can........

You are so right Diva. There will always be temptation staring us in the face and particularly in offices. Plus, I''ve found that people who don''t workout or eat healthy, take some preverse pleasure in tempting people who do take better care of themselves.......

Zoe, you should be proud of what you''ve accomplished and the fact that you keep working out and even doing things you don''t enjoy, plus having your weights increased is agreat progress!

Had to laugh about the fun sized candy being a little too much fun!!

Good for you running a mile today Assshers!!

And Hey Kimberly. Yummm to hamburgers. I haven''t one in a long time. Maybe I should scratch that itch soon.......

OK.....that''s enough from me. Have a nice night everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I got me hair cut tonight.I had it layered and cut about an inch off the bottom.All she did was blow dry it and it looks so much better I think I’ll try the same thing in the morning.I was pretty tired of how flat it was looking on top.
I lost a bit more weight this morning so I will be fine by the weekend.Woo hoo!
I guess I’ll be getting my meralani mint pendant replaced after all.The manager called me today, asked me exactly what happened and asked me to bring her the earrings they set to send in to match the color.I actually had an extra stone so I took that to her tonight.I inquired about what happened with the first order and she said the guy never placed the order just put it in the system.That tells me he knew he was quitting and had no intention of ordering the pendant or garnet.I have bought a few pieces of jewelry from her over the years so she assured me they would replace it all.The funny thing is the guy who didn’t place the order works at their competitor now and he is who I am talking too about the sapphires for my heart diamond ring.I might not give him my business now.There is an ideal cut pendant at their parent store I really like and could change in the enhancer towards that and get my ring done in Denver where I KNOW they have wonderful sapphires.

SanDiegoLady
, thanks for the recipe for quiche and chicken shells.My MIL makes a wonderful quiche but it is way fattening.The quality of most mall sapphires are kind of laughable. I love the sweater you are buying.Since I am always cold I wear sweaters a lot.
CrownJewel, glad to hear your quiche was better today.
Lorelei, let me know what you think of the instant egg whites.
Appletini, glad to hear College Station is growing.
Geckodani, I hope you feel better now.
Kimi, thanks for the article – it was interesting.I am so glad your aunt got help.Do you remember hearing about the lady that died from drinking too much water for some contest?
Skippy, I hope resting up today takes care of your ankle.Don’t you hate when you wake up with something and you have no idea why?Get better soon.
Miscka, sorry to hear you are having those feelings today.Since you have totally changed your eating habits and are focused on not gaining back your weight I am sure you’ll be fine.I am trying to maintain my weight too and I was telling Marty last night that my clothes fit fine or are loose and yet I am thinking I am still plumb.I think I am used to the size I am now and it’s hard to think I shouldn’t lose more weight.He told me I was fine and he didn’t think I needed to lose any more weight.
Dragonfly, it sounds like you had another great workout.I hope your calves feel better soon.
DeeJay, how wonderful to have your trip all lined up.And it’s warm where you are going too.Yippee.
ChargerGirl, I hope you enjoyed boot camp again today.
Diva, I am glad we don’t have a Krispy Kreme or Cinnabon here.Good for you staying away from them.
Zoe, that is great to hear you are getting stronger and increasing the weight on the machines.Some days are tougher than others but I just work on it one day at a time.
Jas, woo hoo for getting in to those jeans.
36.gif

Asscher, thank you so much.I actually have found staying in my calorie range pretty easy.It’s as routine for me a brushing my teeth.Congratulations on running a mile in under 10 minutes.

Rod, sorry to hear you had such a long day today.Your corn sounds delicious.I had a lean cuisine tonight before school – it’s too cold here to pack a cold sandwich anymore.I had a Rod day today.I walked in the door to find my boss correcting an error me made – I missed something yesterday one of our new employees entered wrong on Monday.I spent about 4 hours going over a bunch of data we entered and started getting a migraine this afternoon but I am better now.Yes, we have gone through a lot of clothes in the last few years.Marty has pretty expensive taste in clothes – worse than mine but my teaching check comes in handy for such expenditures.They are paying me monthly now too and that makes it nice.

Take care and have a great evening.
Marcy

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Forgive me for not responding to everyone. It''s not that I don''t love you, I''m just feeling lazy, LOL.

I''ve done very well with the diet this week, but slacked a bit on the activity. *sigh* I was so busy taking pictures of my ring last night I forgot to TurboJam, LOL!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

I am observing at my new job this afternoon, so no workout. I''m thinking I can get a good walk in between jobs, so I''m getting exercise on T/Th but the weather is so hot/dry that I don''t think I''ll start that habit until it cools down a bit.

Marcy, I do remember that happening. How sad (and stupid!).

Rod, scratch the burger itch! We use low fat, fresh ground meat and I don''t feel guilty about eating it at all!

Have a great day everyone.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Jas-can I get some details on this cauliflower thingy??

Marcy-your hubby sounds so sweet. I agree that it is strange to adjust to maintaining vs. losing. I think what *used* to feel thin to me is starting to not feel so thin. Dang it!

Cross your fingers for me everyone, I have to bake cupcakes tonight! I am making rainbow ones with chocolate icing to bring to work tomorrow. It is our chili cook-off and I am not into chili so I am doing the dessert. I REALLY don''t want to eat a bunch of cupcakes! Just one, and not until tomorrow with everyone else. Yikes!!!

Also, I am going to the Dr. today and REALLY don''t want to get weighed.
39.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone!

Just a quick check-in. My mom has been in town all week, so I have not had much pricescope time!

I''ve been pretty good, actually, even with her here. Last night we made chicken fajitas which were yummy! Also, since today is my birthday, Kris gave me my present last night and I am the proud owner of a kitchenaid mixer! Woo! I am so excited about it (even though it probably isn''t too diet friendly!)

Anyhow, I should be back in full force next week. Yay!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Morning all! Sorry I didn''t check in at the end of the day! So much to catch up on!! Well last night we too SO''s now broken boat to start taking it apart. He had an accident with it, and the cage and prop were destroyed and the hull might be too, we''re waiting to find out (it has a crack). So I helped him with that (lifting a grass rake and airboat cage count as weight lifting right!?!?!). Then we came home and had (ugh) pizza for dinner due to lack of cooking time. I did 50 sit ups before bed as well. I also discovered polyvore and the beauty of making outfits. I found a pair of shoes I have to have... HAVE to have.
Sorry if I don''t give a hi to all, there were so many things to catch up on this time!!!

SDL - that spinch and cheddar frittata sounds good I''ll have to try it!
Diva - I LOVE MORNINGSTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! Their corndogs are fabulous, and I love the sausage, and the chicken nuggets and the burgers and and and
ZB - I know how you feel when things seem to be at a stand still and you know you should see something changing. Keep trucking, or maybe add a little cardio in to the mix. Change things up just to spice up the routine for more fun! I wish I had someone to work with so I could work on engaging my deeper abdominals and making sure I"m doing things correctly.
Jas - great on your arm toneage!!
Rod - I love corn.
marcy - try blowing your hair dry and then turning it upside down and blowing for a minute. This tends to add a lot of top body for me
Lady pirate - hope you have fun with your mom!!!
Miscka - how were your cupcakes?

Have you guys ever used free roam eggs? How did you like them?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Did 65 mins on the dreadmill this morning and I ratched up the incline a little to see how my knee did. ''Twas OK.

Here is my big catch-up hello post to everyone:

Dragon, sorry to hear about SO''s boat -- ouch! And I just realized I never answered your question about staying focused on the dreadmill. I got one word for you: IPOD baby! I especially love it on the rare occassions when I''m the only one there and I can sing out loud. Oh yah!
9.gif

Lady, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Miscka, ONE cupcake won''t kill ya! Enjoy!

Kimi, what is the new job you''re doing?

Gecko, LOL on the too busy taking ring pics! TOTALLY an acceptable excuse for not working out in my book!

Marcy, yes, the fact that it''s warm where I''m going is a large part of the appeal!

Rod, you mean how am I going on this amazing trip WITHOUT Bill, yes? What can I say? I do this periodically. Dee runs out of clients toward the end of the year. Dee gets bored. Dee starts thinking of interesting things to do. Dee goes to Peru!

CJ, I''m so intrigued by this whole "quiche with tofu" thing! The HH makes quiche occassionally and I almost hate to eat it because I can feel the calories sliding right onto my hips...
39.gif

Jas, I was thinking maybe you could just bench press the munchkins. I''m sure they would love that, and you could get your workout in all at the same time!

ILA, good for you on the under 10 min mile!!! I am SURE I could not do that. Makes me tired just thinking about it...

Charger, how long have you been doing the boot camp? And how long did it take you to see results? I so wish I could find something like that to do.

Zoe, if I had a cleaning lady who baked a cake every week I''d have to fire her, LOL! I can''t have that sort of thing happening in my house; there is enough temptation already without fresh cake screaming my name.

Michelle, wow, look at all the great recipes! Those cheesy chicken shells sound yummy!

Lorelei, have you tried the instant egg whites yet?

Diva, I might have to try this fish oil thing again. I did it once a while ago and it grossed me out, but maybe a different kind/brand would be OK.

Tacori, LOL on using the preggo excuse for irrational behavior! Believe me, if I were preggo I would use it for ALL SORTS of things!

Skippy, I voted early this week too. It was a SNAP. No more of this crazy waiting in line forever for me; I''m going early ALL the time from this point forward!

Princess, good for you for being back where you were before vacation. That is one thing I hate about going away is getting on the scale when I get back.

Hello Apple!

Did I miss anyone? Whew!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
SDL _ CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Yay SDL!!!!! Congrats!!
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif

I have GOOD NEWS! Got weighed at the Drs. and it was good! I was down a tad, and this was in the afternoon, when I like to weigh in the morning, and I killed some brain cells last night with a few drinks so I was bloated today. So, what this means is I am about 3lbs or less from my ultimate goal weight. If I got down in that range I would be really really happy. Maybe that means I should put this Reese''s cup down???
11.gif

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats SDL!!!!

Well, the day is almost over and so is the potluck. Did I mention they brought in the Krispy Kremes again? Sigh... I stayed far, far away from those and ate very lightly. The ziti, thanks so SanDiegoLady''s recipe went quite well and I even made some potato salad (with low-fat canola mayo instead of regular). So all is well over here! Thanks for the support ladies!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Dee- Only on PS is taking pictures a valid excuse, LOL!

Go SDL! You a rocking the weight loss lady!
36.gif

Go Miscka!

Off to stare at my hand some more....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY SDL!! Great job!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Everyone is doing great - myself included - well I don't weigh myself any more, but I am looking trim and feeling good!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow this thread moves FAST! I was all depressed b/c the scale was up today. Then I remembered I really need to only weigh myself once a week. Too much variation throughout the week. But it did motivate me to take a longer walk with T so I guess all was not lost.

Hope everyone is doing great!!!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 5:15:19 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Wow this thread moves FAST! I was all depressed b/c the scale was up today. Then I remembered I really need to only weigh myself once a week. Too much variation throughout the week. But it did motivate me to take a longer walk with T so I guess all was not lost.

Hope everyone is doing great!!!

I know Tacori! I have so much to catch up on in here!!! We have a lot of motivated PS-er''s in the house!

Good news on my scale....I lost .6 lbs.....It''s not much but hey, every bit counts!

I am down to a 12 min mile jog now.....yippee!

Great work for everyone.....Keep it up!

Oh and I found a new snack love (since my guilty habit is snacking) I have always been a fan of the Laughing Cow wedge cheeses...But I found a new light version with garlic (so good!)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not much going on here.

Yay Princess D and San Diego Lady!!!
36.gif

Tacori, I hear you. Yay for the walk

JAS, yay for skinny jeans!

Yay for all the workouts!!!!
Hugs to all you wonderful HLT friends!
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Man when you only get to check in once a day at night, there''s so much to read. I''m utterly exhausted. I woke up early, as I didn''t sleep well last night. There was something brewing in the office. I could feel it. The bosses were huddled (sp?) and my boss was looking very concerned last night, so I guess it weighed on my mind and I didn''t sleep well as a result. So, we were all called into the conference this morning and my heart racing expecting something bad to fall and we found out one of the bosses who is pretty new to the company resigned. All my worrying over some boss I don''t report to, nor really cared much for and he''s leaving? I guess after being laid off from my last company after 16 years, there''s still some insecurity there. Oh well. We have one on one meetings with our boss on Thursday, and she kept telling me how incredibly pleased they are with me and she even said, she''d track me down if I ever tried to leave her. So, I''m feeling pretty good at the moment. I left work afte 6 tonight and went directly to the gym, with the intention of doing a shorter workout, but I got going and did a longer workout instead. I''m not sure where the energy came from, but I''m glad I had a production session. Dinner was left over cold chicken. That was it. No veggies. And I just had a plum for dessert. Charlie works tomorrow night, so no Friday Sushi, but we''ll go for Sushi on Saturday night. We were actually invited to two halloween parties and neither of us was up to finding costumes, so we''re not going. I''m not really a party guy anymore. I don''t drink much and it seems the only way to have fun at a party is to get snockered, which is something I don''t enjoy anyway. OK, enough about my day..........

I''ll bet your haircut is cute Marcy! Sorry you had a Rod day at work. Yay for losing the weight!! I knew it wasn''t there for long to begin with!!

That''s OK, we love you too gecko!!

Kimberly, when I do have a hamburger (which as you know is pretty rare), I usually get a buffalo burger from our favorite diner. Buffalo is great and much leaner and lower in fat and really delicious. I think I will scratch that itch soon!

Miscka, I hope your cupcakes turned out well and Yay for a good weigh in at the doctors office!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LP!!! I hope you had a terrific day!

Sorry about the boat troubles dragon. Good for you doing 50 situps before bed. I do boatloads of situps with every workout. They''re so good for strenghening your core. I don''t enjoy doing them, but I love what they''ve done for me!

DeeJay, it''s amazing you can plan such an amazing adventure all by yourself. Charlie is jealous as all get out over your trip!!

YAYAYAYAYAY for being down Michelle. See, you''ve made progress just like I knew you would! 98 Degrees.........That''s hotter than it ever gets in Tampa. Don''t you get any fall weather in San Diego?

God for you staying away from the Krispy Kremes Diva!!

Lorelei, I hardly weigh myself anymore either. I hate the evil scale monster and with my workout schedule, my clothes fit just fine and that''s my measure of how I''m doing.......

Tacori........Repeat after me.........."The scale is an Evil Monster......The scale is an Evil Monster!!"

Good for you being down .6 lbs Princess!!

Hugs to you too Skippy!!

Night everyone!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!

35.gif
We went out for dinner tonight.I had ½ of a small steak, the inside of a baked potato, one glass of wine and we split a dessert.I was back to normal weight this morning so I was happy to see that.

Geckodani, I certainly understand getting distracted by taking pictures of your pretty ring.

Kimi, I was just thinking tonight when I walked down to get the mail it’s getting way too cold here for a walk.Too funny you want it to cool off first.Yes, that was a tragic and stupid thing to do.

Miscka, good luck making cupcakes tonight.Do you decorate them too?I am thinking of taking a cake decorating class but I don’t feel I want the temptation of baking.Congratulations for being 3 pounds from your goal weight.

hi501.gif

LadyPirate, Happy Birthday!What color of Kitchenaid mixer did you get?I love mine.

Dragonfly, sorry to hear the boat is cracked.Pizza is sounding good to me.Marty had some this week when I was at school.Maybe this weekend I can get some.I think I’ll try blow drying my hair tonight.Mind you I have no skill at it but I’ll try it.Thanks for the tip.

DeeJay, that is great your knee held up well today while pushing it a bit.

SanDiegoLady, congratulations for being down 1.3 pounds.

woohoo.gif
98 degrees there today?It was 25 when I left for work today.My office is very cold too.I have a small fleece blanket at work to help keep warm.I guess no matter where we live we all still need sweaters.

Diva, glad the potluck went well and the ziti was good.

Lorelei, that is great you are looking trim and feeling good.

Tacori, glad you had a nice long walk today.

PrincessDijon, congratulations for being down for .6 pounds.

36.gif

Hi Skippy!

Rod, I am glad the “buzz” at the office wasn’t a bad thing.That would worry me too.I think I’m pretty secure in my job but who knows these days?That is terrific your boss values you as an employee.

Have a great evening.

Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I tried the carton egg whites in an omelette - meh. Not bad but I think they would be better with lots of flavouring and veggies thrown in. As Rod says, if whole eggs aren''t actually considered bad for the cholesterol these days, then that is what I will stick to in future.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

So no workout yesterday, today J and I are going to the gym (I think?!). J made a souffle for dinner, w/ chard. Tonight I''m thinking avgolemono soup.

Dee, I''m working part time for a non-profit org. that runs social skills programs for children with autism.

Marcy, it was 95 here yesterday. We''re supposed to cool down today. I don''t mind the heat, we''re lucky to live in a place with such great weather and beach access, but October can be scary with the fire risk and I''m ready for it to cool down.

Have a great Friday, all!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Rod-glad it was nothing bad at work! I sort our mail and once there was a letter from a bankruptcy court and I was CONVINCED that we were going bankrupt (totally not even plausible) and it turns out we were just owed money by someone who was. LOL!

My cupcakes turned out beautifully! I only ate half of one last night, and saved two to share with BF later.

Marcy-I did sort-of decorate them...in that I made the batter all rainbow-y and put sprinkles on the icing! haha. I would LOVE to take a class one day as well, I love to do that kind of thing. Maybe I will!

Lorelei, you have me wanting to make breakfast for dinner! I love eggs. Have you ever made "eggies in a basket" (I think that is what it''s called) with the eggs in a hole in toast? I want to try that but I think I would mess it up!

Tacori-is Tessa dressing up for Halloween?

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2008 9:34:26 AM
Author: Miscka
Rod-glad it was nothing bad at work! I sort our mail and once there was a letter from a bankruptcy court and I was CONVINCED that we were going bankrupt (totally not even plausible) and it turns out we were just owed money by someone who was. LOL!

My cupcakes turned out beautifully! I only ate half of one last night, and saved two to share with BF later.

Marcy-I did sort-of decorate them...in that I made the batter all rainbow-y and put sprinkles on the icing! haha. I would LOVE to take a class one day as well, I love to do that kind of thing. Maybe I will!

Lorelei, you have me wanting to make breakfast for dinner! I love eggs. Have you ever made ''eggies in a basket'' (I think that is what it''s called) with the eggs in a hole in toast? I want to try that but I think I would mess it up!

Tacori-is Tessa dressing up for Halloween?

I hope everyone else is doing well!
Hehe! I haven''t tried that Misck, but I do have a poached egg on occasion, they are tricky to do but once you get the knack, very nice for a change!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
goooooood morning! Well I had a rather unproductive night. Part of what I''ve been working on here recently is a wardrobe makeover due to having lost so much weight that nothing and I mean NOTHING fits me anymore. I''m wanting to get a more chic/adult/business look anyways, versus highschool jeans with a tee from hollister lolol. I still want to keep some of my country girl looks but I want to have a nice classy look too. SO I spent the evening looking at clothes and looks on polyvore oy. But I did get in 200 crunches, 20 reverse crunches and 20 side leg lifts each side, so that made me feel good. Tonight I''m hopping on the treadmill for a while. I made couscous with mashed spicy black beans for dinner last night mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Breakie was veggie sausages on whole wheat toast, and lunch is going to be a big huge plate of steamed veggies. Thanks for the support on SO''s boat. He takes it today to see if the hull is able to be repaired. We have tickets to go see our college home coming game tomorrow (go gators!!), so I''m excited about that, and I''m going to go have a looksie at TJ Max and Ross this weekend to see what kind of finds I find. I might even go to the mall so I can start Christmas shopping too. NTM I need a halloween costume as I have a halloween party to go to halloween night. OY
ALSO I am going to be running a 5 k in January and HOPEFULLY a half marathon in March

Dee - I get bored even with the Ipod but the above might be more motivation for me
Tacori - my scale was up 1lb so I feel you
7.gif

Rod -I''m glad you got compliments at work AND that your workout was productive
Marcy - your dinner sounds yum!
Kim - what is avgolemono soup???
Miscka - glad your cupcakes were fab!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, have fun with the clothes!! Here are a few of my essentials for a basic wardrobe, maybe this might give you some ideas.

Basic classic trench coat in beige or taupe
Smart fitted jacket in a dark neutral colour - versatile and can also be worn with T shirts and jeans as well as for business.
Fitted plain skirts
Basic white T shirts and plain polos
Little black dress
Plain good quality black pants/ trousers. Also casual pants/ trousers
Jeans of course
White linen blouse/ cotton shirt
Cashmere sweaters - you can find some good quality ones for a reasonable price nowadays
Heeled boots
Plain black heeled pumps
Lower heeled shoes with kitten heels always look good with a dress, skirt or jeans.
Casual chunky boots
Casual flats

I find these very useful wardrobe basics and versatile also as you can mix for work and play and accessorise as desired.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2008 9:00:41 AM
Author: Lorelei
Ok I tried the carton egg whites in an omelette - meh. Not bad but I think they would be better with lots of flavouring and veggies thrown in. As Rod says, if whole eggs aren''t actually considered bad for the cholesterol these days, then that is what I will stick to in future.
I agree, if you have egg beaters those are better but the egg whites in a cartoon to me are meh too, so you aren''t alone Miss. Lorelei
12.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
lorelei - thank you! I wrote that all down. I''m going to try to find my copy of "the lucky guide to shopping" but if I can''t find it (thinking I might have sold it) I might have to get a new one

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So like Rod has reminded me time and time again the scale IS kinda evil. Yesterday was I was like 2 lbs! Today I am not only down those two lbs but also another .8 lb (which makes me an even 8 lbs from my goal. Go figure!
33.gif
My problem areas do not look any smaller so I am not sure WHERE I am losing this weight.

Princess, I celebrate every .2 lb loss b/c I am a dork.
16.gif

marcy, I think a cake decorating class would be so fun too (but you are right...temptation. Evil temptation!)

Miscka, OF COURSE she is! I will post pictures after the big day. Next weekend is a big deal for her! 1st Halloween AND 1st b-day party.

dragon, I know. I guess so many things can cause the random gains (water retention, weighing at different times) still frustrating.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
TGIF!

It''s been a tough week and work, and i''m ready for it to be done (Lorelei, i wish i was in your time zone today!). Thank goodness for bootcamp these past few days, as it gives me "breathing room" to just zen out and not think about anything else.
We went on our Friday hike today, and did FOUR rounds of our intervals up the trail (it''s usually 3). That totally kicked everyone''s butt. Our bootcamp trailer is really taking it up a notch. Next week is the last one, and i''m scared to see what she has in store for us!

DH is heading back east tonite to visit with family. He goes on a golf weekend with his dad and bro every year, and this time they''re heading to Myrtle Beach where his parents just purchased property on a "golf plantation". We''re sooo hoping that they decide to retire there soon, as we''d prefer to visit them there instead of middle of nowhere, PA! Anyway, i''m kinda looking foward to having some me time. I just need to keep an eye on my food as i generally tend to eat healthier when he''s around.

We''re doing dinner out tonite so he can get a proper meal before his red-eye. I think we''re doing Moroccan, which is always delish (and relatively healthy).

PrincessD- 12miles a minute is very impressive! I''ll have to give the LC light cheeses a try- i luv cheese
Rod- I''m glad to hear that the company news doesn''t affect you, and that you got a kudos from your boss
Skippy- Hugs right back to you, hun!
Marcy- I knew that it would''t take long for you to get back to your normal weight. YAHOO!
Lorelei- My experience with the carton egg whites is that they need "stuff" thrown in, or else they''re kinda blah
Kimberly- I''m also ready for it to cool down. It''s supposed to be around 92-94 this weekend!
Miscka- yum- CUPCAKES!
Dragon- have fun shopping and building up your wardrobe. It''s a sweet reward for all the weight you''ve lost!
Tacori- The scale soooo frustrates me, which is why i don''t own one! My weekly weigh-ins are at the gym (where i go shower after bootcamp- hey, at least i''m using my membership!)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2008 11:35:38 AM
Author: dragonfly411
lorelei - thank you! I wrote that all down. I'm going to try to find my copy of 'the lucky guide to shopping' but if I can't find it (thinking I might have sold it) I might have to get a new one
Glad to help DF! I find that makes a great wardrobe for the main essentials, and also it doesn't date as they are classic pieces, then you can just add other stuff as you want.

Also with purses, if you get a classic more formal leather handbag like a Kelly style ( real Hermes Kelly if you ever feel like a major splurge makes a forever investment piece), a clutch for evenings, a plain leather briefcase type bag for business and a fun tote bag should work for the basic bag selection.

CG - I shall try not to make you jealous by saying I shall be off to bedibyes in a couple of hours!
41.gif

Tac - nothing to worry about with the evil scale monster! That is great you are so close to your goal - keep going girl!

Glad I am not the only one Skip with the carton egg whites.....
40.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, everyone is right, this thread moves fast, I remember that page 5 usually happened on Sat or Sunday. haha This place is popular, whoop whoop!!
3.gif

I am going to skip Weight Watchers this week; I think I lost .4 lbs, according to my scale. I am happy with any loss!
1.gif

Happy Friday all
35.gif

ROD, hope you have a good sushi and starbuckie tonight!

MARCY, I love your new haircut!!! So sassy and you look beautiful!!!

KIMI, Yay for the gym! Ah, I think that is so wonderful you 2 go together!

SDL & KIMI , that is HOT out there! Stay cool you 2 cuties!!!!
9.gif

MISCKA, yay for making purdy cupcakes and portion control!!

LORELEI, LOL, to this face ---->
40.gif
that is how I felt too. hehe You are too funny!

DRAGONFLY, yay for nothing fitting you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome you skinny minnie! Wooo for a 1/2 marathon goal!

TACORI, that is a great reminder Not to weigh everyday!!! I agree, yay for the loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHARGER tgif friend! YAY for "me" time! I love "me time." hehe Yay for boot camp!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results