shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 17th Nov till 23rd Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Miscka - It''s freezing here. I had to scrape my car off this morning and there were accidents all over the place.
14.gif

Go DRAGONFLY!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations!

Skippy - I was apalled at how much I''ve been eating!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

This morning I had to get up at SIX O''CLOCK IN THE FRICKIN'' MORNING to work out becuase I had an 8:30 sales meeting way up north. Seriously. I only did 45 mins on the hampster wheel instead of 65 because otherwise I was going to be late. Ack.

My jaw still hurts a bit but I''ve ixnayed the darvocet. Frankly it makes me a little bit crazy. The HH was afraid of me while I was taking it. Then again, he said he''s always a bit afraid of me so maybe I should give it another shot.
3.gif

Have had virtually nothing to eat today so I''m off in search of some food. The HH hasn''t been shopping for what seems like weeks (although I''m sure it''s only days... ) and I can''t find anything that appeals to me in the whole damn kitchen.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

Today''s been a good day so far. I went to the gym today and did 40 minutes on the treadmill (going from 2.5-3.0). I''m very slow but with my short legs, I always feel like I''m almost running once I reach 3.0.
1.gif
I watch people run on the treadmills at the gym and it looks easy. Then I remember that it''s a dangerous machine that could hurt me very easily, and I don''t dare try it. Did I mention that I''m extremely accident prone?
20.gif

I had another bean and chicken quesadilla for dinner tonight (without cheese), and then it will be blueberries with 2 Tbl. of Cool Whip Free for dessert. I haven''t had cool whip in years, but I had a craving for it when I was at the store the other day. I figure that as long as I put it into our food tracking database and the numbers are in the green instead of the red, I''m good.

Monarch -- I know exactly what you mean about wanting to eat healthy when others don''t. It can be frustrating. Hopefully you''ll be able to find something that you can eat and will like. It sounds like, as you mentioned, it might be good to eat before heading over to your aunt''s house.

Miscka -- I''m not sure if I''ve seen the Ben and Jerry''s ice cream cups but I''ve had the Haagen Das ones. They''re good, and I love that they''re portion-controlled. Thanks for the dust for my husband. A recruiter actually called him today and they''re meeting in Boston tomorrow. My husband would prefer to work outside of the city and not have to deal with such a long commute, but if the job is right, he''ll do it.

Dragon -- BIG CONGRATS to you for getting so close to your goal weight. Yay!! I WISH I didn''t crave sweets, but I do. I always will, but as I said, if I can figure out how to work something into my menu planning for the day, I will. The day I turn down chocolate for a pear, my husband will think I''ve gone insane.
9.gif
Just kidding -- I do have the ability to choose more healthy foods, and I''ve been doing that more and more over the past 4 months.

Skippy -- I hope your husband feels better soon. Have fun at muscle hour at the gym!

Lliang -- isn''t it funny how the sun affects us? You''re in Chicago, right? Has the cold weather kicked in for good now over there?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanted to share a piece of advice that my husband gave to me a while ago. I don''t know if it will help anyone but me, but I thought I''d share. About 6 years ago, before we met, he had lost 100+ lbs. He was going to the gym constantly, and working out and tracking food became second nature to him. He was doing so well, and he was really proud of himself. Whenever he thought of having a second helping of something or putting more on his plate, he thought "more food doesn''t taste better. That second piece of cake (or whatever) won''t taste any better than what I''ve already eaten. I''ve had some and how I''m done." That thought always stopped him from over-indulging (sp?). For some reason, that has always stuck with me. Now he reminds me of that whenever I reach for a second helping of something. It''s not going to taste any better than what I''ve already had. Zoe -- step away from the cake.
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 9:12:31 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
I wanted to share a piece of advice that my husband gave to me a while ago. I don't know if it will help anyone but me, but I thought I'd share. About 6 years ago, before we met, he had lost 100+ lbs. He was going to the gym constantly, and working out and tracking food became second nature to him. He was doing so well, and he was really proud of himself. Whenever he thought of having a second helping of something or putting more on his plate, he thought 'more food doesn't taste better. That second piece of cake (or whatever) won't taste any better than what I've already eaten. I've had some and how I'm done.' That thought always stopped him from over-indulging (sp?). For some reason, that has always stuck with me. Now he reminds me of that whenever I reach for a second helping of something. It's not going to taste any better than what I've already had. Zoe -- step away from the cake.
3.gif
That is so TRUE!!!! I was talking to my hubby and sister and food tastes so much better when we are thinner (not over indulging) than when we are heavier so that makes complete sense, because we are just getting the one piece of cake and it is a treat because we aren't eating it all the time. Great point Zoe
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks for sharing!

eta: back from muscle hour and sore!
9.gif
I added a yummy Indian Spiced Shrimp and rice recipe to Mara's Recipe thread

Great job ZOE, DEEJAY and GECKO on the workouts and eating healthy!!! Zoe, you are so sweet; he is much better, thanks!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Wanted to check in before I hunker down to get some work done. Made chili and garlic rubbed steak, roasted broccoli-flower (a cross between broccoli and cauliflower), and simple salad for dinner. We worked on portion control and had 6 oz. of steak each and loaded up on the veggies. My rainbow today: yellow: eggs, mango; brown: coffee, steak, peanut butter; whole wheat flat bread; red: pomegrante, red bell peppers, tomatoes; green: broccoli-flower, salad mix. Hmmm... not too bad but I can see how one has to make an effort to really eat a diverse diet.

Hi Marcy! Thank you for your encouragement. I know I should be checking in, even when I''m being bad, because it makes me more accountable. Plus, I get to hear inspiring stories like yours!

Geckodani, YAY for tracking your points, even if there were a few too many. I slip up on my food journal and am always trying to keep it up to date.

Monarch, sorry you''re not looking for to T-Day dinner. It''s a hard day for those of us who are trying to stay on track. I think Skippy''s suggestion to bring a healthy side dish is a great idea. There are a lot of great, tasty, AND healthy recipes out there. You can still bring the rolls and perhaps choose a kind that has some whole grains in it but doesn''t look too scary for the uninitiated.

Thanks, Miscka, for your words of support. I know I just need to keep on truckin''. Haven''t heard of Ben & Jerry''s cups. I''m sure my FI would love them, he hearts ice cream. I can''t remember if you said you have a Trader Joe''s near you. We get these soy fudge bars and ice cream sandwiches. At 90 calories, they''re tasty without being too awful for you.

Dragonfly, YAY for hitting your goal weight!!!
36.gif
That''s awesome that you''ve shed over 35 pounds this year!

Hi Skippy! YAY for muscle hour! The weather sounds lovely where you are. We''re still warm here but at least they''ve got the fires under control. Thanks for your support! I heart my local Trader Joe''s and I do take advantage of their pre-packaged items. In fact, I had their spicy egg white salad for lunch today!

Lliang, thanks for being supportive. YAY for your run and yoga.

Dee*Jay, YAY for 6am workouts! You''re my workout hero! Sorry about or sore jaw, hope it feels better soon!

Zoe, glad you''re having a good day! MMMmmm... bean and chicken quesadilla sounds tasty! Thanks for sharing your DH''s words of wisdom. So very true...

Hope everyone''s doing well! I gotta get to work
14.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........what an overly ''uber'' ''uber'' day. I got up early, went to work early, stayed way too late, got to the gym later than I''d prefer and still did my three hour workout. Charlie stopped by the GreenWise and picked up some dinner from the hot bar, which was really good when I got home. I wish I could say hey to everyone personally, but it''s already 11 PM and I''m just wiped out and need to shut down and get ready for bed.

I did have to congratulate dragon on the amazing weight loss. GO DRAGON GO DRAGON GO DRAGON!!!

Zoe, thanks for posting your hubbies thoughts and they are really good ones!

Monnie, does this mean we''re going to see you around more often? I sure hope so..........

And finally to Panda.......Don''t beat youself up. We all fall off the wagon. The trick is to back up and move forward. I know you can do it.........

Sleep well everyone......

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

I''m only working at school today, tomorrow, and Fri. so I took the day off from exerising, remained at work and got part of an art project prepped.

Miska, the rat started as an ugly ornamenet contender and morphed into an item exchanged between my parents and DH and I over the past two years. It now dons Christmas lights, easter bunny ears, a Happy St. Paddy''s day button, happy birthday something-or-other and who knows what else. He currently resides on a truly lovely piece of furniture at my parents'' making it hideous. I haven''t gotten to the competion this year, I will after T-Day, I promise.

Skip, we had mac''n''cheese tonight, YUM!

Have a great night all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.We made homemade tacos for supper tonight.Yummy!I am hungry now though so I just ate a few almonds.We are taking taco salads for lunch tomorrow.I walked on the treadmill tonight and graded papers already.
Zoe, I am glad you enjoyed a long movie last night.Your dinner sounds yummy.Sending good luck wishes for the recruiter meeting tomorrow with your husband.Thank you for the wonderful words of wisdom from your husband – it is so true. Congratulations to him for losing 100 plus pounds.
hi501.gif

Gecko, I hate ice storms.We are expecting freezing drizzle tomorrow evening.Stay safe.
Monnie, dumplings cooked in lard – yuck!I’d fill up on healthy food before going too.At least you won’t have to waste time and money making something they won’t enjoy.
Miscka, that is awesome you are finding it easier to stick in your calorie range.Have your tried the Dreyer’s slow churned ice cream?Even Marty likes it.Most servings are about 120 calories.I know exactly what you mean about how our weight and body image impacts the rest of our lives.Thank you so much for your vote of confidence and kind words about my success.
Dragonfly, congratulations for reaching your goal!
cheerleader1.gif
The pasta was really good.
Skippy, the weather sounds wonderful for a lovely walk.It was gorgeous here as well but I was at work during the warm, sunny hours.Rats.Thanks for the support.I hope your husband feels better soon.
Lliang, I am glad the sun brightened you day and inspired you to go running.
DeeJay, sorry the jaw still hurts.I get a bit nutty on some medicine.I hope your jaw feels better soon.

Panda, glad to hear you used portion control and had a wonderful dinner.It sounds quite tasty.Thank you so much for the lovely compliment.
Rod, glad to hear dinner from the hot bar was good.
Kimi, mac and cheese – YUMMY!

Take care and eat well!
35.gif

Marcy

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone,

Yesterday I decided on an easy day and to take advantage of the warm (44F) weather and run outside today. Ideally I''d want to be out before 5PM so I''m not running in the dark but it''s okay if I''m not. I''m not sure if I''ll be taking the dog with me though. James is at a group meeting tonight, so I might just do a salad for dinner.

Last night I made some stir fry. My rainbow was:

Orange: carrots
Brown: beef (from leftover Chinese food)
white: rice and chicken
green: leeks and broccoli
red:sriracha brand hot sauce

I''m slowly consuming all the left overs in my fridge. James swears he likes leftovers but totally doesn''t eat any of them. Hmmm...

Panda, do check in with us. We''re definitely here for your encouragement
Zoe, I like the husband''s adage. I am guilty of taking seconds. Now I just put my dishes away so I can''t help myself to any more than what I initially portion out for me. Yes I''m in Chicago and yes, I think the cold has settled in till about June.
7.gif

Rod, wow, great workout. How do you get Charlie to pick up dinner on the way home? I keep suggesting it to James (especially when I''m tired of cooking), but he always balks and I end up ordering in... J/K.
Kimberly, I have a mac and cheese recipe that I put andouille sausage (or any other kind of spicy sausage) and chipotle in adobo sauce in. I must warn you though, VERY addictive. :)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Sorry Dee.
7.gif
Hope your jaw feels better! Darvocet can be fun....
11.gif

Zoe - What a wonderful thought to remember!!!! I''ll have to remind myself of that the next time I reach for more.

Marcy - I swear people forget how to drive in the winter....

Rod- you''re my hero for doing a 3 hour workout!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Good morning, HLTers! This week has already been busy and it''s going by so fast! Kris'' dad was in town last night and he took us out for dinner at a mexican place (his choice). I was proud of myself, though--I had posole instead of a burrito or something else high-calorie. It was delicious!

It sounds like everyone is doing really well--huge congratulations to Dragonfly and Miscka on the weight loss--you girls are tiny! Anyhow, I have to get get to work, but I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all!
Well my rainbow ended with my first new recipe last night! I did white rice with some melted cheddar cheese and cut up broccoli. It was SO good. I had that with leftover lima beans and a small small SMALL serving of meatloaf which I mainly did for the protein. I really try to avoid red meat unless it is wild game (venison for instance). So rainbow for the night was :
white - rice
green - beans and broccoli
yellow - cheese
brown - meatloaf
white - milk
I worked out later last night and did 100 reg crunches, 50 diagonal crunches, 50 leg raises, 30 double crunches (both legs and head raising), 50 squats, 30 plies with weights and some more weight work, butt lifts, and side leg lifts to work my outter thighs (See gilad). Afterwards I wasn't feeling sleepy so I made a cup of warm milk with nutmeg and a tablespoon of honey in it. If you want to be knocked out... that's the drink to do it! It was SO good though and seems to be a healthy alternative to hot chocolate if anyone is ever interested!

Today I'm HOPING my friend will feel well enough to work out. If not, then I'll run stairs at SO's mom' s and then do some abdominal work at home.
Dear piggy seems to be doing well btw! She's eating regularly now. We DO Think she had a mini stroke at some point, as she has trouble getting up when she lays on the bad side.... but not so much trouble that she CAN"T. She just has to wiggle to get her legs in gear.

ETA -
dee - that's funny about the medicine
ZB - 115 was the goal weight. Thanks! and can you post that quesadilla recipe? GREAT ADVICE!
Panda - how is broccoflower?
Rod _ THANK YOU!
marcy - Gj walking!
lliang - good rainbow!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids! I seem to be up a pound for no good reason what so ever...
29.gif
Did the dreadmill this morning but got a call just as I was finishing so didn't do my arms. Will have to work harder on Friday!

MUST go grocery shopping! I had the grimmest LC in the world for breakfast because it was the best option I had in the house. When it comes to that I know I gotta make a pilgrimage to the Jewel...

Have decided the haircut I got last week is just not working for me. It's too close to what I had already to be interesting and too different to be easy to manage (not to mention I can't pull it back in a ponytail to work out any more with all these layers) so I am going back tomorrow with the intention of going SHORT. What do you think of this pic? And for those of you who know me in person, especially what do you think of the idea *on me*?

ETA -- sorry that's so big!

short-hair-styles-prom-cuts-of-sedu.jpg

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Dee*Jay, I''m not sure what you look like now but I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, that hair style!!! I''ve been lusting after something like that but FI wants me to keep my hair long. One of these days, I''m just gonna do it
31.gif

Sorry about the extra pound. Perhaps it''s water retention? I''m sure it''ll fall right off, with all that working out you do!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Afternoon all; I have to make a trek to the post office and Trader Joe's. Today is suppose to be super nice out so I will be walking since tomorrow is suppose to be cold again.
20.gif
I am super sore from the muscle hour yesterday; it was nice because my knees didn't kill from all the lunges and squats we do, thank goodness, phew.

Oh, also yesterday my hubby and I were at Costco and we saw a super cool train set 100 pieces so we couldn't help but buy it for my nephew for Christmas; it glows in the dark, has a space ship and aliens. hehe It was funny because we were talking and we both can't wait for him to open his present; we usually don't get excited over things like this. hehe
3.gif
36.gif

I probably will be making a vegetable chicken soup for dinner = green, orange, white and yellow. I made some low fat cookies last night and put the recipe in the holiday cookie thread if anyone is interested in a lower fat recipe. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day and hopefully it is sunny out
emhot.gif

ZOE I forgot to congratulate your hubby for losing 100 lbs; that is awesome and of course his saying!!! Thanks for that!

PANDA, your dinner sounded yummy and yay for portion control. Sounds like you got a lot of nice veggies and fruits in!!! Oh thank goodness the fires are under control; we love our Panda so glad to hear that!

DEE, your workouts are at 6am, good for you. Dee, that would be a cute haircut on you!!! I cut my hair like that once and got so many compliments. It does require more maintence on the up keep though that is why I only had that hair cut for 6 mos, but I bet it would be fun to try out!!!
9.gif

ROD, yay for your 3 hr workout. Do you do cardio first or weights or core? How long do you do cardio for? I know you told us but I forgot, sorry. I hope you slept well Mr. wonderful Rod!! hehe

KIMI, yum, i love mac n cheese!!! Oh fun what art project are you doing?!?! hehe

MARCY, your dinner sounds yummy too; now you have me craving tacos. hehe Great job for walking; could you walk and grade papers at the same time? hehe I am guessing not but might be fun trying. Glad the weather is beautiful out there! Love your note at the bottom w/the cute emoticon! Oh, i have to return the other train set; this one has aliens and glows in the dark and is compatible w/Thomas. hehe

LLIANG awesome on the run and sounds like you got some great veggies in!!!

GECKO how are you friend?

LADYPIRATE, hi there friend!!!! Sounds like things are well; great to see you!

DRAGON, your dinner sounds yummy; I love lima beans!!! Hey we did similar things last night in the muscle dept. hehe Great job! Wowzers, good for you running stairs, that is tough; I won't be doing that though. hehe great news on the piggie.

Rod and DeeJay, i hope you don't mind me reposting this pic but I thought it might help w/DJ's haircut decision so others can weigh in
12.gif

At%20Caliyogurt.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG -- could my arm look any more like a giant hamhock than it does in that pic?!?
39.gif

How could I not have noticed that the first time Rod put it up? Ug!

(Thanks though Skippy!)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 2:43:17 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
OMG -- could my arm look any more like a giant hamhock than it does in that pic?!?
39.gif

How could I not have noticed that the first time Rod put it up? Ug!

(Thanks though Skippy!)
NOT, you look great woman!!! It is a great pic; I think everyone looks lovely
9.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Dee*Jay - Based on that photo of you and the image you supplied as the haircut you intend to get, I think it would look really nice on you. You have such a pretty face too. I think your face shape will carry that cut well.

Sorry I am only just making an appearance on WEDNESDAY. It has been a hectic week for me. I am exhausted.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2008 3:24:32 PM
Author: merrymunky
Dee*Jay - Based on that photo of you and the image you supplied as the haircut you intend to get, I think it would look really nice on you. You have such a pretty face too. I think your face shape will carry that cut well.

Sorry I am only just making an appearance on WEDNESDAY. It has been a hectic week for me. I am exhausted.
Ditto, Dee I think it would look great on you!

Hey did you ever choose a new perfume?

How are things MM?
35.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
As the owner of crazy short hair, I say go for it Dee! I love mine! Just expect it to take a while to get used to, and to figure out what products will work for you.
5.gif

Hi Skippy!
35.gif
I''m okay.... busy, but okay.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

I didn''t have conferences after school, so I was planning on going ot the gym. After school, however, I ended up chatting with my teacher friends. We ended up staying so late that I had lost my motivation for the gym. Oh well. I''ll probably do some sit ups tonight before Private Practice.

Dee Jay -- I think the short haircut would look great on you! Would that be considered a pixie cut? I think a few PSers have that cut and it looks cute.

Skippy and Marcy-- thanks for the congrats to my husband. He''s actually gained a lot of that weight back, which is frustrating. I don''t see him putting in the same effort that he told me about when he was doing so well years ago. He does make a lot of healthy choices now, but he also makes a lot of unwise choices too. Until he wants to do it for himself, I can''t make him change though. He knows so much about nutrition and it''s too bad that he''s not practicing what he preaches. Anyway...

Has anyone seen Tacori? I hope she''s doing well and pops in here again.

Marcy -- my husband met with the recruiter/head hunter today and he thought it went well. He''s going to try to get my husband an interview with a company outside of Boston that he thinks he''s suited for. I think he''d prefer to work closer to home but he''ll take what he can get I suppose. My husband has been in a James Bond mood lately, so we''ve been watching the movies in order (not that there''s really an order, but we began with the first one and I think we''re on the third or fourth now).

Hi Lliang! I hate the cold too, and it''s been in the 20s-30s this week. On my way to and from school today, it was 27 degrees. I need to move to a warmer climate.

Hi Gecko and LP!

Dragon -- what a workout you had! I''ll post the quesadilla recipe in the heathy recipes thread. There''s not much to it at all but it''s so good.

Hi Panda and MM!

Hi Lorelei! I see you''re twinkling now!
9.gif
How pretty!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a 50 min walk today and before it got dark. YAY!
9.gif
Off to make my veggie and chicken soup; have a great evening all
35.gif

I too hope Tacori will pop in Zoe. Good job for doing some sit ups tonight!

Hi Gecko, Lorelei and MM

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
*sulks in* Thanks for asking about me Zoe and Skippy. Not much to say. I kinda fell off the wagon these last fews weeks plus it has gotten cold so not much walking with T. I haven''t weighed myself in weeks so I have no idea where I am. I was thinking today how odd it is that I have been wearing the same size pants for 5 months (give or take) even though I lost weight
33.gif
It seems for my body each pant size is 10 lbs but maybe I am wrong. Maybe I bought them way tight
3.gif
or they have stretched beyond belief. I know I have lost at least 10 lbs since I bought them. I don''t know. Sometimes I feel like I will never be thin again. Ignore my pity party my friends.

Sounds like you are all doing great and I will try not to be a stranger!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 7:28:29 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
*sulks in* Thanks for asking about me Zoe and Skippy. Not much to say. I kinda fell off the wagon these last fews weeks plus it has gotten cold so not much walking with T. I haven't weighed myself in weeks so I have no idea where I am. I was thinking today how odd it is that I have been wearing the same size pants for 5 months (give or take) even though I lost weight
33.gif
It seems for my body each pant size is 10 lbs but maybe I am wrong. Maybe I bought them way tight
3.gif
or they have stretched beyond belief. I know I have lost at least 10 lbs since I bought them. I don't know. Sometimes I feel like I will never be thin again. Ignore my pity party my friends.

Sounds like you are all doing great and I will try not to be a stranger!!!
Ah Tacori; I saw your pics you look great!!! You might be like me. Do you lose weight on top 1st? It takes me forever to lose weight in my booty. hehe You are probably more muscle too. You are doing great and awesome for losing over 10 lbs!!! Thanks for checking in and we do miss you and your gorgeous Tessa Avatar
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

I left my gym bag at work and got turned around driving to the gym (I attempted to go the back way) so I ended up coming home and exercising here.

Lliang, do share the recipe, please!

Dee, I think that hair will look fab on you.

Skip, the kids are going to recreate the mayflower using construction paper and tissue paper. Art at its finest!

I''m making risotto for dinner. Nothing else to share.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey..........

I'm afraid I didn't sleep well last night. I'm not sure why, but I just didn't. And I got up early again, which was easy, since I wasn't asleep. So I went to work early. BUT.....I did get to leave work early, as I had a dentist appointment this afternoon. It was a regular cleaning, but I am going to have to get a crown. Oh Joy!! My dental insurance doesn't kick in until January 1st., so I'll have to wait till then. Charlie wound up having to work tonight, so since I came home early for a change, I decided to go for a run. It was just the most wonderful run. If you recall, Charlie and I ran about a week ago and we went 3.2 miles, but truth be told, it did include a walk out on a pier overlooking Tampa Bay half way through the run. Tonight, it was chilly and I just started running at a nice pace and the next thing I knew I had run 4 miles without a break of any kind. It felt so wonderful and while I could have kept going, I knew I shouldn't push it too hard as it's not wise to run too far too soon. I think I'm going to get back into running and I may even sigh up for a 5K this winter. What is so incredible about it all for me is the fact that 3 years ago, I couldn't have run a half city block, and yet today, I ran 4 miles in really good time no less. Tomorrow's going to be an 'uber' long day as I'll go to the gym right from work, so it wil be a late check-in.

Hey, I saw this on Yahoo and thought Oh My God........can you imagine a hamburger with this many calories and fat grams. The next time you're in Chili's, you might want to avoid this artery clogging behomoth!! LOL

Chili’s Smokehouse Bacon Triple-The-Cheese Big Mouth Burger with Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
2,040 calories
150 g fat (53 g saturated)
110 g protein
4,900 mg sodium

Yumm to mac'n'cheese Kimberly!! The holiday rat is funny, BTW!!

Yay for the treadmill marcy!! Homemade tacos sound good too!

lliang, I'm just so lucky to share my life with someone like Charlie. He never seems to mind stopping off and picking up something for when I have a gym night. OK, so you think 44 is warm? Oh my........that's too cold. And I thought it was interesting to run outside when it was in the upper 50s......LOL

I'm blushing gecko! I shouldn't be anyone's hero, but I do appreciate the compliment!!

Happy Wednesday to you too LP!

I'm gald piggy is doing better dragon!! Sounds like a really good workout you had. Keep up the great work!!

DeeJay, since I have met you in person, I think that hairstyle would be absolutely the cutest on you!! And your arm does not look like a hamhock in any way shape or form...........

I hope you got to enjoy your walk outside Skippy. I hope it doesn't get too cold tomorrow. The trainset you got your Nephew sounds terrific. I'm sure it will be a major highlight for him too! In answer to your question, I always do cardio last and I do it for no less than 30 minutes. My gym time starts with 20 - 25 minutes of core strengthening, followed by my weight training, which is a combination of upper and lower body sets, from machines to free weights, and includes pushups and dips and chinups as well. When all that is done, I get on the elliptical with the mission of traveling no less than 5 miles in 30 minutes, which is a pretty intense clip to be sure. I've read that cardio after lifting weights is the best for building muscle. I guess that's why I do it that way.

Zoe, I hope the headhunter does get the interview for your husband. What does your husband do? I am a technical headhunter, so if he's technical at all, I would be more than happy to see if we can help him too.

Doesn't sound like you have anthing to slink in about Tacori!!

OK......that about does it from my corner of the world. Have a great Thursday everyone.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, I don''t know how I lose weight anymore! Haha. I do know my problem areas (NOW) are my stomach and love handles (which is probably why I am only 1 size up from my normal size 4 b/c my lower half is smaller than my upper). I think I used to gain faster in the hips/butt pre-baby. It is only a good picture b/c I was using T has a shield to hide my fat!
3.gif

Rod, you are an inspiration! I couldn''t run a mile if I tried. You should be very proud of yourself!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod -- thanks so much for offering to help!! My husband has been a senior data and reporting analyst for a student loan company for the past two years. The company hasn''t been doing well, and they''ve had three rounds of layoffs in the past 6 months. Before that, my husband worked as a database administrator for a local regional hospital. He''s created Microsoft Access databases for doctors and nurses and he''s worked in the hospital''s IT department. He had worked there for about 8 years or so.

I just asked him to chime in and so now I''m typing his words verbatim: He''s worked "primarily with Microsoft Access, SQL, VBA, HTML, Classic ASP, Java Script, Excel, VB Script, and various banded report writers, such as Crystal Reports" (by the way, none of these words mean much to me -- the computer illiterate one in our small family
9.gif
).

Okay, I''m off to bed. I''ve got an early (and long) day tomorrow.

Have a good night everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday.
36.gif
We enjoyed our taco salad for lunch today and I had a LC for supper.One of my students brought in a homemade pumpkin roll to class tonight so I had a small piece of it instead of my slow churned ice cream.It was quite tasty and I don’t really care for pumpkin.
I stopped by my parent’s house on the way home as it is my dad’s birthday.I bought him a digital photo frame and loaded it up with pictures so I wanted to make sure he figured out how to turn it on and watch the “show”.One of his friends was there who’s my age so he already had it working for them.My dad really liked the frame.He is hard to buy for; we are taking my parents to supper tomorrow evening to celebrate his birthday.
I was also a bit worried today about my teaching job.My class is listed as staff in the catalog and yesterday was the first day of registration.I went to check enrollment last night and I couldn’t get a roster and it said something like no classes are found for your name and my class was “closed” in search classes.I found out today the class was full already and they moved the class under my name so all is good.I’ve heard rumors they are trying to do away with adjuncts so I was a bit concerned but I guess I am employed at least one more semester.
1.gif

Lliang, I hope it’s safe to run in the dark where you live.Can you post your recipe for the mac and cheese with sausage?Marty would love it.I am lucky because Marty will eat all the leftovers so I don’t have to (unless it is something good like lasagna).
Gecko, you are so right about crazy drivers in the snow and ice.
LadyPirate, good job making a wise choice at the Mexican restaurant.
Dragonfly, I am glad to hear piggy is doing better.
DeeJay, rats for that extra pound – I am sure it will just go away as quickly as it showed up.I think the hair cut would look great on you.I agree with Skippy that you, Rod, Charlie and your husband all look great in the photo.
Panda, I have worked on growing my hair out for 2 years now and hope my perm next week will be exactly what I want.I like easy to take care of hairdos.
Skippy, I am glad to hear muscle hour didn’t hurt your knees.Mine hurt just thinking about lunges and squats.
3.gif
The train set sounds AWESOME.I am sure your nephew will love it.I will go check out your cookie recipe.I’ll be brewing up my holiday cookies soon.I could try to walk on the treadmill and grade papers at the same time but since I am not well known for coordination Marty would say “NO”.I would probably go flying off in to the wall.
9.gif
I decided I to change my note at the bottom since that is very much on my mind these days.Your soup sounds marvelous.
Hi Lorelei!Pants weather is moving in after midnight today.
Zoe, sorry to hear your husband has regained some of the weight.You are so right though the only way he’ll do it is if he decides he wants to lose the weight.I am sending mega PS dust to your husband on his job interview.I love James Bond movies.
Hi MM!I hope you had a great day.
Tacori, hugs to you girl.Congratulations for losing 10 pounds.
Kimi, the Mayflower project sounds quite fun.

Rod, I hope you sleep better tonight.Congratulations on running 4 miles.That is awesome.I am with Lliang - you are one of my heroes too!
Laters,
35.gif

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results