shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 13th October till 19th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone!

First off, a big happy birthday to our fearless leader! Woo!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I seem to have tweaked my back a little bit cleaning the house yesterday (boo!), so I am taking it relatively easy today. I may try going for a walk later, though. If my back lets me, I also need to sweep upstairs--the dust bunnies are taking over!
3.gif

ChargerGrrl, your oatmeal sounds tasty. I have some Irish Oatmeal downstairs that I may have to make up! No strawberries, though. I think I''ll have to be bad and go for brown sugar.
18.gif
Yum!

Linda, you are so sweet--thank you for the fairy dust!

SDL, I can''t believe anyone would be so rude to you. I''d think everyone would want to be friends with you!

Skippy, I''m so glad you''re back! We all missed you around here. Your picture with the balloons is neat and you look great. Thanks for the job dust! Congratulations on your weigh in!

Hi Elle! Good to see you here!

Dragonfly, you''ll have to post a picture of your horse. If his grandfather is any indication, he must be gorgeous!

Tacori, thanks for wishing me luck! I''m hoping to get down to my target weight by the end of the year, so at least it''s not far off! I''m 5''9".

Hi Geckodani! Thanks for crossing your fingers for me!

Hey Rod! It''s so hard to get up before it''s light out. I have to go to bed really early if that''s the case. Good job on resisting the candy temptation. Thanks for the job dust!

Marcy, what kind of watch did Marty get? I hope you enjoy your trip to Denver. Thanks for wishing me luck! I hope I get to start dancing again too.
1.gif

Diva, good job going for a walk! Enjoy cooking this weekend.

Dee*Jay, I''m sorry about your knee. I hope it feels better soon. Your BLT sounds delicious!!!!! Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed for me.

Miscka, congratulations on being at your target weight! I hope you get over the strep completely soon.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Go Skippy!
cheerleader1.gif
What a great loss!
36.gif

I went for a 45 minute walk with my new little iPod. OMG I love that thing!

I had 3 people honk at me and 2 people from work offer me rides back. I was all, um, I did this on purpose.
20.gif
It was kinda cold, but I''m feeling very proud right now!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone else have a FI/SO/DH who is a picky eater or a junk food fiend? I''m wondering if I can make healthy recipes but convince him they don''t have healthy things in them....I know I can get by making that healthy applecrisp but other than that he''s still relying on the pizza and doritos (UGGGGGGGGGGGGH). It just makes it harded for me to want to eat healthier if he''s not doing it too, ya know? I got my exercise yesterday by packing and moving boxes (not my idea of a good time but we leave for colorado in 6 DAYS yikes!)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 1:59:27 PM
Author: Smurfysmiles
Does anyone else have a FI/SO/DH who is a picky eater or a junk food fiend? I''m wondering if I can make healthy recipes but convince him they don''t have healthy things in them....I know I can get by making that healthy applecrisp but other than that he''s still relying on the pizza and doritos (UGGGGGGGGGGGGH). It just makes it harded for me to want to eat healthier if he''s not doing it too, ya know? I got my exercise yesterday by packing and moving boxes (not my idea of a good time but we leave for colorado in 6 DAYS yikes!)
OMG my husband is crazy picky. He won''t eat anything still attached to bones, shells whatever. Is a HUGE carnivore. And is allergic to corn to boot.
20.gif
The trick is to slowly adapt recipes you already make to nudge them into healthier territory. I tend to try like one new recipe every other week or so.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I had a thought, and I''m not sure if anyone would be up for this - but it might be fun to have a collective "lost weight" pool. I think that everyone here keeps track of their own cumulative weight loss. It might be neat to also have a cumulative WWT weight loss. So we would each post how much we have lost in total, as a result of having support from this thread. Me? I''m an sporadic poster, but this great people on this thread has helped me lose around 10 pounds, which I am very happy about. Even if you''re at a maintenance stage, you can post how much excess weight you lost while posting on this thread. As members leave the thread, their lost weight stays in the pool. We only add to the pool.

Thoughts?

As for me, I am getting over bronchitis so haven''t been able to swim much aside from my Saturday lesson. I have been walking home from work again, speed walking - and it''s been so nice. I had forgotten why I loved walking to/from work.

However, I discovered a recipe for quiche. I''ve never made an actual quiche with crust (only the mini quiche cups from the South Beach Diet book). So I asked a friend for her recipe, and they are so good I''ve been eating it nonstop. I need to make a healthier version of it though!

Have a great rest of the week, everyone!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to post here and let you all know that I got the job! Thank you so much for all the dust--it worked!!!

Geckodani, lol at people offering you rides. Good job on the walk!

Smurfy, SO isn''t picky but he does eat A LOT, which makes it hard for me to do portion control sometimes. I''ve finally gotten in the mindset that he''s just going to eat 2-3 times as much as I am in a sitting (keep in mind, he''s 6''7" and outweighs me by 100 pounds, so that''s not that surprising). Good luck with your move!

Hi CJ! The weight loss pool sounds like a neat idea. I''ve lost about 5 pounds while on this thread. I''m sorry about the bronchitis. Do you make your own quiche crust? What is your recipe?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2008 2:51:51 PM
Author: ladypirate
Just wanted to post here and let you all know that I got the job! Thank you so much for all the dust--it worked!!!
cheerleader1.gif
cheerleader1.gif
cheerleader1.gif
cheerleader1.gif
cheerleader1.gif
cheerleader1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, good for you for resisting the urge!

marcy, I agree about the ramp. Sorry that you are having problems with an employee.

geck, an added bonus is your car is less likely to get dinged from morons too!

diva, yay for motivation! You are off to a great start.

Dee*Jay, sorry about your knee! Mmmmm....avocado....I heart avocado. BTW the scale is made by Umbra. We bought it at BB&B. Tessa''s costume is a surprise. I didn''t tell the mommies and not the suspense is already built up! Hope it doesn''t disappoint. Seeing how it will be homemade it MIGHT!
6.gif
But she''ll be cute no matter what. Did you see she is walking now?
9.gif
She can do some killer squats too
2.gif

Miscka! Oh no! Hope things are going better. How much weight did the illness cause you to use? It reminds me in "The Devil Wears Prada" where the one girl said she is one flu away from her ideal weight. Haha.

Skippy, that is AMAZING!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
You should be very proud. I love avocado too!
18.gif
I am FAR from miss skinny. I am waiting for someone to ask me how far along I am.
20.gif

lady, oh you are lucky to be tall! I am your target weight but chubby b/c I am so short. Oh well. Congrats on the job!!!

crown, maybe in our signatures we can put the total we have lost and how much we have to go. Mine is more unusual though since pregnancy is what put on the weight. I feel like I can''t take all the credit for what I have lost b/c most of it was just nature doing its thing.

Lor, happy birthday!!! I gave T 2 kisses and a hug for you. Hope you can have a small piece of cake.
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Congrats SDL on the loss!
cheerleader1.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 2:53:51 PM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 10/16/2008 2:51:51 PM

cheerleader1.gif
cheerleader1.gif
cheerleader1.gif
cheerleader1.gif
cheerleader1.gif
cheerleader1.gif

There must be something in the water with people wanting to hire us Psers lol. I have a phone interview with a company in colorado tomorrow that designs applications for iPhones so wish me luck too!!!! *gets a catcher''s mitt out to catch all the dust coming her way*

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Evening, HLTers!

Lorelei, thanks for the cheerleaders!

Tacori, I'm sure you look great and the excess weight will melt off in no time! How tall are you?

SDL, woo for losing 1.6 lbs! You and your DH must be looking fantastic! I would definitely live in a neighborhood of PSers--how fun would that be!?!

Smurfy, good luck on your interview tomorrow! I'm sure it will go great. *DUSTS* How's the wedding planning coming?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
SDL, I would be thrilled with 1.6 lbs! I think any progress is positive! Keep up the good work!

lady, you are sweet but sadly I do not carry extra weight well. I am only 5''1" so you got 8" on me girl! That''s a lot. On a positive note when I was taking a walk with T my 10 year old neighbor came out and looked at me strangely. Then she said "you look thinner." *gasp* I''ll take it!
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 7:46:49 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
SDL, I would be thrilled with 1.6 lbs! I think any progress is positive! Keep up the good work!

lady, you are sweet but sadly I do not carry extra weight well. I am only 5''1'' so you got 8'' on me girl! That''s a lot. On a positive note when I was taking a walk with T my 10 year old neighbor came out and looked at me strangely. Then she said ''you look thinner.'' *gasp* I''ll take it!
9.gif
I''d take it! A compliment is a compliment. Even if it''s an odd one, LOL!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
10 months and two babies ago, I was a frequent yammerer here.

I''m baaaack....
and not just cuz i can''t justify the Whoppers anymore.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
geck, yes I take it as one. I got excited and asked "really?!?" and then she looked at me like I had two heads.

Jas, welcome lady. I bet you look awesome though.
2.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Jas - two babies? You''re my hero.
1.gif

Tacori - people are weird. LOL.

P.S. OMG TurboJam with a 240lb Irishman with a rhythm deficiency. Hilarious.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Wow there was a lot of activity on here today, since I was away from the computer I''m not reading all the replies, but wanted to say this...

I went to the Texas Conference for Women today (there were even a handful of men there...so Rod don''t feel left out), apparently other states do this too. Ours was put on by the Governor and First Lady of Texas and iits the 9th annual. It was just so empowering, all of the keynote speakers were great, including the former CEO of EBAY, and former British Prime Minister Tony Blair''s wife, and they had so many great breakout sessions it has tough to choose. But overall it was a great day, my company alone had over 200 women in attendance. Just something I wanted to share.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 7:32:53 PM

*DUSTS* How''s the wedding planning coming?

Hahahhaha *hysterical laughter* I don''t even know what thoughts I''m thinking anymore haha. I don''t know when I''ll have time to exercise this week...I just emailed this list of my schedule to my sister...makes me go nuts just thinking about it!

This is my schedule up until wednesday ha, i''m just doing one day at a time
Tomorrow- work 8am-4pm, phone interview with iPhone company at noon on lunchbreak
go to u-haul at 4pm to set that up
find out what apartment number we have and do all the money stuff with landlord
PACK!!!
Saturday- go shopping for a winter coat with dad
work from 4pm-9:30pm
maybe go to a bridal shower at noon with FI''s mom and go straight to work after
PACK!!!!!!!
Going away party at the bar with some friends of ours after work
Sunday- pack pack pack and pack some more
FI''s loading up dressers from my bedroom at home with dad (hahahha he can have fun with that)
get dining table and chairs over to my place and dressers
Bridal Fantasy Show at hotel with FMIL and my mom from 12-4
Monday- PACK the last of everything
Go to grand forks to see MOH/BFF before we leave and do some wedding stuff
Tuesday- Drive home and get the u-haul truck and load it up
Wednesday- Be on the road at 5am (he wants to get a REALLLLY early start)

and somewhere in there i need to clean my apartment and take care of my kitten

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.One more day till the weekend.Woo hoo!I can hardly wait.

Geckodani, good idea to park as far out as you can in the parking lot.We pretty much buy what we want when we want it so a dual gift sounds like a great idea for us too.I am definitely going to get a shamwow for Marty’s stocking.I am glad you are enjoying your IPOD.

Diva, woo hoo for walking so much today.

DeeJay, I am sorry to hear about your knee.I am going to go walk on the treadmill after I finish my posts.Marty needs to borrow my laptop – tee hee is he going to use a pink laptop.We live about 90 minutes from Denver so it’s not a long trip for us at all.

Miscka, ouch for breaking your toe and getting strep - get better soon.Congratulations for reaching your lowest weight as an adult.
hi501.gif

Skippy, congratulations for losing 21.5 pounds.
cheerleader1.gif
That is awesome.We don’t need to mow our lawn anymore.
Lorelei, happy birthday!
bdayparty.gif

LadyPirate, I hope your back feels better soon.Marty bought a Bell and Ross watch about 6 weeks ago and it quit working so they sent it back to get fixed.I know you’ll have fun dancing again.Congratulations on getting the job.
36.gif

Smurfy, it does make it hard to eat healthy if your FI isn’t eating the same.I am a pretty picky eater but most of it is centered on food allergies.Are you moving to Colorado?Good luck with your job interview tomorrow.You have some busy days ahead.

CrownJewel, I hope you get over your bronchitis soon.That is certainly no fun to have.I think it’s a great idea to have a weight loss pool.

Tacori, that is awesome to hear Tessa is walking now.I can’t wait to see her in her Halloween costume.My new employee did show up today and seems to have a cold.
SanDiegoLady, congratulations for losing 1.6 pounds and closing in on your goal.
congrats.gif

Jas, I am excited to see you back here.How are the babies?

Appletini, the conference sounds very interesting.
Take care!
35.gif

Marcy

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has to be short!

JAS.......It''s great to see you girl!! You''ve been missed and now I expect you back on a regular basis.

LP.....I''m so happy for you getting the job!! YAYAYAYAYYAYAY

Hey Everyone.........Today was Lorelei''s Birthday! I know she''s sleeping soundly by now, but I wanted her to know I hope she had a really nice birthday!

I''d surely walk with you Michelle! I often think it''s a shame we are all so far apart.

Yay for 2 more pounds Skippy.

Sorry for your knee hurting DeeJay. And yes, I remember the candy tale from last year......LOL

I''m sending you PS Dust Smurf, with fingers crossed your interview goes well.

Marcy, calling in sick on the 3rd day, is a pretty bad sign. I''d be looking for a replacement as you''re likely going to have issues with that one........

I''m sorry for not saying hey to everyone else. It was my typical loooooong Thursday. You know the drill. Got to work early. Left late. Went to the gym and worked out hard for 3 hours. Came home ate a salad. Did some work. Pooped and need some sleep.

Nuff said......Rod over and out!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
smurfy your kitty is gorgeous. I adopted 2 kittens this summer, but DH came home from working abroad to exhibit a new allergy - to cats. He had a cat for 17 years or something and had no problems. But then with our 2 kittens, he was wheezing horribly.
7.gif
so we had to give them away to a nice woman and her young daughter. they were SO cute.

ok, so between me and LP, this thread has a combined total of 15 pounds lost with the help of this thread. How much has everyone else lost while posting here?

DeeJay - how''s your knee? I''m always having knee problems and I''m 27. Sad isn''t it?

Jas - I''m so excited you''re back! Congrats on the babies!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
SDL, I am going to check back for the recipe! Thanks in advance!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All.

Had a great workout on Wednesday, pushed myself hard, had to take off yesterday because I needed to fill out paperwork and go to training (I''ve taken a part time position on Tues. and Thurs. afternoons/evenings); will exercise this afternoon. J and I went out to eat for dinner last night, it wCas nice.

CJ, with the help of this thread I lost 13 pounds, but for some inexplicable reason I''ve gained 3-4 of it back in the past two weeks, so you can put me down for 10 total. Hopefully those other freakin'' pounds will go back where they came from.

Dee, so sorry you''ve messed up your knee again! How was the sandwich?

Welcome back, Jas.

Tacori, hooray for the compliment.

Nice to see ya stop by, Mara.

Rod, J says "Hi!"

Marcy, I''m ready for the weekend too.

Apple, glad you enjoyed the conference. Sounds like it would be very interesting.

Smurf, my husband is a junk food guy, but as he gets older he gets more concerned about his health and that has allowed me to help him adapt his food choices. We share cooking in our house and he tries very hard to make healthy meals, and I always do, so between the two of us it''s a pretty good balance. Just keep trying new things (check out the recipe thread) and see what sticks.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
So last night FI gave me a list of all types of food he hates (while we were eating at old chicago...sigh...lol) they include no cooked vegetables except corn (and potatoes but for some reason he doesn''t count potatoes as a vegetable...lol whatever) he also will not eat a lot of fruits. He doesn''t like eating the same thing 2 days in a row and he considers doritos to be as vital as water (ugggh)i don''t think i''ve ever met a pickier eater (and i''m one myself!) Also he wants to eat at mcdonalds a lot because we''re trying to win the grand prize at monopoly lol but he suggested just asking if we can just buy a bunch of french fry boxes so we dont have to clog our arteries up *whew!*

I really want to try cooking with eggplant but I don''t want to cook for just one person...ugh. Have any of you tried that cookbook by Jerry Seinfeld''s wife about sneaking healthy food into food for your kids (vegetables into cookies, etc.) I wonder if that works on FI''s too....

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids! Just a quickie from me right now. Did 65 mins on the dreadmill at a slow pace and totally flat. Knee feels a bit better but now my hamstring is aching in protest. I feel like I spend my whole life icing one part of my body or another...
20.gif

Was going to go to dinner with one of my clients but we''ve moved it to a late lunch instead.

The scale gods are smiling on me and I''m now down 21 lbs, and only 1.5 lbs from where I was before my surgery last summer. Woo hoo!

Hello everyone! And a special welcome back to you ***Jackie***!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I''m down 5lbs!! Woo Hoo The total for this month so far is 8lbs and I''m really thrilled about that. I''m so nervous about the holidays coming up but hopefully it won''t be disastrous to my weight.

Anyway, I saw this article today on yahoo and found it to be Hilarious for some reason.

Banana Shortage in Japan

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2008 8:04:10 PM
Author: jas
10 months and two babies ago, I was a frequent yammerer here.

I''m baaaack....
and not just cuz i can''t justify the Whoppers anymore.
YAY! We were waiting for you Missus!!
35.gif

Tac, thanks for giving Miss T kisses from me!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Just for you guys, attached is a picture of my boy. I''ve had him since he was weaned. He isn''t registered due to the breeders being jerks and not signing off on his papers, but oh well, he doesn''t need it, I know his heritage and that''s that.

I walked yesterday in the morning AND evening. Today I''m going to do some crunches when I get home. This weekend should be fun, I''m going to an arts festival so lots of walking there. Also, I am now an active student so I can use my school''s gym in the mornings!!!! SO EXCITED

Dee - REST this weekend PLS!?!?!
Fiery - congrats on 5lbs!!!
Skippy - great job on your weight lost too!
LP = GRATS
Smurfy - my SO is very picky, no sour cream, no cream cheese, no mayo, no squash, doesn''t like to eat chicken more than a couple times a week, no calamari, the list goes on. His trends tend to lean towards healthy and spicy eating though so we are able to work it out. Try healthy pizza, and otherwise give an ultimatum.
CJ - GREAT IDEA My total lost now is 33 lbs!!

l_e0c502d011660947899d9b9ef4e95c4e.jpg

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
It''s a busy Friday here at work, so I have to make my post short...

I''m halfway thru bootcamp, as we just wrapped up week 2 this morning with a nice hike at a local trail. We do these intervals of bounding, lunges and sidestep/skips going up the trail- as if just powerhiking it wasn''t challenging enough! Although it''s not supposed to be a competition between the boot camp gals, it does suck that I''m always the last to complete an activity
8.gif
. I noticed that I wasn''t huffing and puffing as much as I was lduring ast week''s hike, so that''s progress!

My eating has been good this week, even during a co-workers baby shower last night. I tried to stay away from the food table, and even turned down a piece of cake! I would''ve preferred another mojito, but one was my limit.

That''s the news for now, hope y''all are doing great. TGIF!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 12:52:44 PM
Author: dragonfly411

no calamari

I have to say I don't blame him for not wanting to eat the squid, its called squid dragon lol calamari is just a fancy word they use so people dont realize what theyre eating :) but whatever floats your boat hahah

I talked to the company that I'm trying to get a job with in colorado and it sounded very hopeful!!! Next week I'm setting up a time to go talk to them in person and see the office :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results