shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 12th Jan till 18th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids! Did a gentle hour on the dreadmill this morning, but that was it. I kept hitting the snooze button so by the time I got to the gym that was all I could fit in before I had to go off and meet my new client.

The HH is out of town so I''m going over to a girlfriend''s tonight. We''re going to drink cheap champagne and order a pizza. Does that sound like a rockin'' good time or what?!
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends, hubby and I are riding bikes today because the weather is nice out and tomorrow I have a date to go walking with my friend. It is suppose to be 55 degrees today so I want to grill up some chicken. Have a fab weekend everyone
9.gif

Panda, wooohooo for a 3 day weekend!
9.gif

Gecko, buuuurrrrrr, that is too cold; stay warm!

DeeJay, fun to the girls night w/pizza and wine!

Charger, have fun and safe trip, lucky! hehe

Dragonfly, wow, you are in fab shape with your uber workouts! Those Steamers are yummy!
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from an 65 minute bike ride; hubby navagated us in to busy traffic and an arroyo with water
40.gif

Now I need to run to Costco; I usually never go on the weekend but we are out of trash bags. Hubby wrote the date on the trash bag box and we had enough bags from 5/07 to last us till now, NICE!

Have a great weekend
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I got up and met my aunt at the gym this morning. I did 30 mins on the elliptical, 15mins on the treadmill and then we did this 30 min circuit training thing where you do weights and in between you do steps so you are constantly moving. It was a great workout! Then Adam and I took Andrew up to the mall so I could go to Sephora and look at furniture at Pottery Barn. I also stopped in Bailey Banks and Biddle to try on a ritani band I have been looking at. We took Andrew to the M&M store and he got lots of different colors of them...haven't had a single one...and I am not even tempted....woohoo! I did, however have french fries at chick-fil-a but they were kiddie sized. We are having grilled chicken tonight! Yum!

Skippy, lol on the trashbags lasting that long. We have lots of stuff like that that could last us a year or too from Costco. Your bike ride sounds like fun except the traffic and water!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Once again Saturday has been the day where I pick at food a lot so I forced myself to make a nice vegetarian chille with quorn mince. Very nice and filling. Did a lot of housework to keep myself occupied as much as I could.

Ross'' parents are co,ing over tomorrow afternoon. His dad was made redundent yesterday, which is really harsh as his mum has just retired too through ill health. She has had surgery on her foot which put her out of action for months, plus she has ongoing back trouble. She would have been retiring in April anyway as she turns 60, but she has been granted early retirement. So this is a double blow for them. His dad is 55, but still at the wrong age to be looking for employment I think. Poor guy.

lliang - The tracking is going well. I am really enjoying being in control of my eating again. I know where my danger areas are, like Saturdays etc.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........I never got a chance to check in last night. Yesterday was a really long day at work for a Friday. I didn''t get out of there till after 6:30 PM. Poor Charlie was just sitting there waiting for me at favorite sushi place #1, but he had a glass of wine to comfort him till I arrived. We had a really good dinner, then I picked up a couple cups of Sbucks to take home as it was too chilly to sit outside last night. Sakai was certainly happy to have her dads home earlier! I slept till 10 AM this morning......YAYAYAY! We had our usual breakfast of a bowl of fresh fruit, a blueberry scone and coffee, followed by lunch at Panera, then coffee under the oak. As long as we sat in the sun, it was very pleasant out. We made it to the gym around 2:30 and had very strong workouts. I always enjoy my workout a bit more when Charlie''s at the gym with me. We had dinner plans tonight with a couple we were once very close with (really long story - he was once our boss and he and his wife basically ruled our lives, so we moved to Tampa to escape them, he got sick, went out on disability, and they moved to Tampa to be near us, they tried to take over our lives again and we finally had to stop seeing them, until they called out of the blue a week ago and asked us to dinner) and we had a surprisingly good time, though not one word was spoken about why we hadn''t spoken in over 3 years. Time will tell if the friendship can be good again. At least tonight went way better than we thought it might. Charlie''s working tomorrow and our realtor is having our condo on open house tomorrow afternoon, so I''ll probably go to the gym again tomorrow.

It''s kind of late again, so I can''t write everyone individually. Just a couple things:

Steph, I sure hope you don''t have a thyroid issue, but if you do, I hope it can be treated without having to remove it.

I''m glad it warmed up enough for a nice long bike ride Skippy!

Merry, I''m sorry to see that Ross''s dad was laid off. Everyday over on our side of the pond, we hear of more and more layoffs. Anyway, I hope he finds a good job soon.

Marcy, I''m sleeping much better the last few nights. Thanks!!

LOL dragon......soup and PB&J has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. My favorite was always cream of mushroon soup and PB&J!

OK......time to get ready for bed. Sleep well everyone and have a great Sunday!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi...healthier lifestyle guy #2 checking in.

2009 brazilian jujitsu/boxing sessions begin again tomorrow.

I''ll let you know how my 6 week layoff affected my ability to defend myself from getting hurt/sore!
14.gif

Best wishes to all and keep ON TRACKin.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All, just a quick check in. I am meeting my friend to go walking in a little while and then we are going to grill burgers and chicken today since it is 58 degrees out. Hope everyone has a great weekend and also to those with Monday off, enjoy your Monday!
35.gif

STEPH, thanks, I guess hubby thought the trashbags lasted forever so he wanted to find out how long they actually last, silly guy. hehe Yay for your circuit hard workout!! Oh fun, sounds like a great time at the mall and yay for being strong on the m''s.

MERRY, Yum to veggie chili! I am sorry about Rosses dad, sending a hug and prayer that he finds work soon.

ROD, sounds like you had nice day sleeping in. Yay for the uber workout; I do remember you talking about those friends. Didn''t you see them out not to long ago? I am glad it wasn''t a bad meet up. Sending PS dust for the condo to sell friend.

JEFF MB, yay for getting back into brazilian jujitsu; you must be in great shape! Great to see you!

MARCY, hi!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........I was a bit sore from working out really hard yesterday, so I decided to take a day off from the gym. Charlie had to be at work early this morning, so I just lounged around this morning, but had to be out of the house before 1 for our realtor to hold the open house this afternoon. I wound up just having lunch at Panera, then since it was just so spectacular outside this afternoon, I just had a couple cups of coffee under the oak and just visited with folks. I did our weekly coffee shopping, and now I''m baking a chicken with steamed brocolli and carrots. I''ll slip out after dinner and get a couple cups of decaf and we''ll watch TV, with Sakai glued to our shoulders (she''s on my shoulder as I type this right now!)

Hey Jeff, aka, Guy # 2! It''s nice to see you and I hope your new sessions of Jujitsu are great! Check back in and let us know, OK?

Skippy, I had written about that couple a few months ago, when we ran into them (rather awkwardly I might add) at a Chinese restaurant. I am glad it went well last night. We don''t hold bitter feelings toward them, we just don''t want them to take over our lives like they''ve done in the past. If we could see them occassionally, without pressure, it would be great. I guess time will tell. I hope you had a terrific walk with your friend and yummmm, to grilled burgers and chicken!

I''ll check in again later. Have a great Sunday evening everyone!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
DH and I walked around the neighborhood for an hour, so that completes my 5th day of exerise for the week.

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone!!

Checking in late this week because the end of this week has been NUTS!! Cheer practice for competition Friday Saturday AND today for a total of almost 15 hours total. I''m WIPED!! :) But, I''ve been good with my workouts Friday @ 5am, then yesterdady I hit the treadmill for an hour before I went to class. Took a break today since I''ve worked out 5x this week. :) :) I''m off tomorrow so I''m going to hit the Y for spinning and weights before I go buy my FI''s WEDDING BAND!! ( so excited!!- 77 days from today!! )

Haven''t weighed myself this week, but I''ve noticed that clothes are fitting a bit loose. So I''m happy, even if the scale doesn''t move all that much. I may even go to Target tomorrow and buy a new.I hope everyone has had a great weekend. I think FI and I are going to watch football tonight and maybe order some Chinese....or grilll... who knows..I''m feeling very indecisive.

Steph- Sounds like you had a great workout @ the gym..yea for jewelry shopping too!! Ritani bands are soo yummy!!

Skippy- grilled chicken sounds yummy...hope you had a great walk!!

MerryMunkey- Yea for veggie chilli it sound yummy do you have the recipe??

Rod- sounds like you had a fabulous day! Yea for strong workouts with Charlie!!

Jeff- Hi!!

Appletini- Yea for 5 workouts this week!!

Gecko- thanks for the comments about 5 am! It''s hard, but its my ME time and the only truly SANE time I have during the day to focus on me. I would be VERY cranky otherwise!! Hope all is well with you this week!! :)

To any of you I missed, I apologize....hopefully next week will be a little bit calmer. :) happy Sunday everyone!!

:)ILE

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello kids!

Yesterday I did a quasi-hard hour on the hampster wheel, and today I did a truly hard one, and then went up the stairs twice just for good measure! Next Sunday is the 80 story climb, so I want to make sure I''m ready for it.

Lots of eating out and drinking this weekend. No idea what my weight is doing because the bathrooms are torn up and I don''t know what happened to the scale. The trainer has brought his with him the last few Monday''s so maybe he''ll have it with him again tomorrow and I can see how bad I''ve been...
39.gif

Not much else to report. About to pop some chicken nuggets in the oven and enjoy a glass of wine.

Happy Sunday all!
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Quick fly by. Will write more tomorrow, but I am about to head off to bed. Did an hour on the elliptical today and burned 500 cals. Ate pretty well except Adam made his yummy homemade pizza but it was thin crust and I had a big salad with mine, so not too bad. Anyway, hope everyone had a lovely weekend and I will see you all in next week''s thread!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
We had a crazy busy weekend.Friday night we had our astronomy meeting.Saturday we had to be 50 miles from home by 8 am to get our car serviced, after which we headed on to Denver to shop for awhile then returned to where we began the day to meet some friends for supper and got home about 9:30.Dinner last night was bad I am sure.We went to Roziogrill which is Brazilian food.You pay for an all inclusive meal which includes appetizers, salad bar and assorted meat.They bring the meat around to your table and slice it off for you.It was really good but the meat seemed salty which I know will show on the scale in the morning.
I bought my first piece of clothing from Tommy Bahama’s.
36.gif
Marty shops there quite a bit so they sent us a $50 off gift card for Christmas.I got it out yesterday to find out it expired a week ago but I asked if they’d honor it and they said yes. Marty got a linen shirt and I got a medium blue fleece jacket.It appears to be very warm.I tried on 2 silk shirts but they fit me funny – I thought they looked dumpy on my so I passed on them.
We also went to a jewelry store that is going out of business and I found a garnet bracelet that matches the ring I got for Christmas - like they were made for each other.Naturally, it came home with me.
9.gif
I will have to get a picture of it this week and get it posted.Now I need earrings and a pendant to match.

Today I am working on school and laundry.I made low fat lasagna for us today and we’ll get 3 lunches out of it too_On my way to get gas then groceries today I got stopped for speeding.I was doing 42 in a 30.I got off with a warning.
36.gif

Appletini, rats for missing out on your workout but glad you and your husband had a nice walk.
Steph, sorry to hear about hives and swollen lips.Do you have any food allergies?I hope you are better.How fun to go try on a band at BBB, are you playing, wishing or buying soon?We went to a BBB yesterday too. Marty is in to watches and they had one of the astronaut Snoopy Omega watches.It was way cool!
Skippy, we had highs in the 50’s here too_Of course the wind is blowing.We are just thinking about getting a new mattress.Marty doesn’t like the one we’ve had for a few years.How nice to think of taking some of the semis to a women’s shelter.I am sure they will be greatly appreciated.I am glad you had a nice time on your walks and bike ride.Wow, the trash bags lasted you a long time.
Panda, how far to you have to drive home from work?I worry that you get sleepy.I hope you had a lovely 3 day weekend.Marty is doing better but not over it completely.We didn’t buy a mattress yet.We need to see how we do on taxes first.
Gecko, I just got chilly reading how cold it is there.Stay warm.
ChargerGirl, your weekend at “wineland” sounds really fun.
Dragonfly, definitely don’t go walking in the morning with that kind of thing going on in your neighborhood.Rats for it being cold there too.I hope you are feeling better.
DeeJay, I hope you had fun with your friend, champagne and pizza.
Merry, sorry to hear about Ross’s parents.That is going to be tough.

Rod, yay for sleeping in this weekend.I slept in too then spent the day trying to get everything done.I guess whatever doesn’t get done will wait until tomorrow.Glad dinner went well with your friends.Glad to hear you are sleeping better.How cute Sakai sets on your shoulder.
Hi Jeff.It’s good to hear from you.Good luck returning to the gym.
ILuvEmeralds, you’ve been busy but woo hoo for your clothes fitting loose.
Have a great evening and I’ll see you tomorrow.

Marcy

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, yea for just getting a warning! And yea for your new jewelry....I will be looking for pics! I am looking to buy a diamond band to go with my 3 stone. The Ritani one I tried on in BBB was really pretty, but it was the same price as the one I tried on at Tiffanys. I think I might try a facet eternity band and see, but I''ve never bought jewelry over the internet before, so I wanted to do some shopping in person first.

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!

Just a quick hello! Marty and I just finished a long (felt longgg) 2 day Standard Industrial First Aid course. Both days, I ate relatively healthy but wasn''t able to get any exercise in. Not a big deal, I will be back to it tomorrow.

Have a good night! ...Lily

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey again........

Dinner was really good. I baked one of those Purdue roasting birds. I think it weighed nearly 6 pounds. All I could eat was a leg and a thigh and I was absolutely stuffed. I slipped out and got us a cup of decaf and Sbucks now has red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, so I bought one for us to split. All I can say is man are they ever good. Tomorrow will be a typical Monday. I'm doing another one hour training session in the morning and need to get ready.

Woo Hoo for 5 days of exercise Apple!!

Wow ILuv, 15 hours of practice....no wonder you're wiped. You're doing great. Letting how your clothes fit is a great barometer for how well you're doing and far far far better than the evil scale monster!

DeeJay, we're all rooting for you when you climb the 80 flights of stairs next weekend!! After you climb them, do you have to walk back down, or do you get to take the elevator down? I would hope the later..........

Yumm to homemade pizza Steph!! You're really doing so well with your workouts!

Sounds like you really did have a busy weekend Marcy. Congrats on your first Tommy Bahama purchase. I have about 15 Tommy Bahama shirts and probably as many Nat Nast shirts (they're the kind that Charlie Sheen wears in Two and Half Men). Of course they all come in real handy in Florida! I'm glad you only got a warning, instead of an actual ticket. I've been to Brazilian steak houses before (not by my choice, but by clients choice) where they keep slicing meet until you don't think you could ever want meat again as long as you live. It wouldn't bother me if I never went to another one. I would imagine the scale will have a few things to say after your sodium-gasm!! I'll have to take a picture of Sakai on Charlie's shoulder one evening and post it. She's so cute!

OK....that's it for this week. I'll check in tomorrow night after sushi at favorite sushi place #2.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Rod. Isn''t it weird how you crave exercise once you get into a routine? I love it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Steph, I was very grateful to receive only a warning.The band to go with your ring sounds pretty.When I was looking for a band I wanted to buy from Facets but they couldn’t get me what I wanted in YG.Have fun shopping for your band.I like to go try on things in person to see what I really like; it’s hard to know how it will look on your hand just from a picture.
CDNBlingGal, I am sure the first aid training will come in very handy over the years.
Rod, the cupcake sounds great.I made us some gingerbread tonight and sure enjoyed a piece with some lite cool whip. Our Starbucks at Barnes and Noble here is selling Cheesecake Factory cheesecake.I thought I would go get us a piece to split some night.Your weather is certainly more suited for Tommy Bahamas shirts and Nat Nast shirts.I’ve been wanting a Tommy B shirt for quite awhile but wanted to wait until I got to a size where anything I bought would continue to fit me.Then I couldn’t find anything I wanted to I was glad to finally find something I wanted.I wasn’t too thrilled about the food last night but it was good.Our friends are not very thoughtful about places that are conducive to me eating properly.They always pick some place expensive with all sorts of bad food.I will look forward to the cute picture of Sakai on your shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results