shape
carat
color
clarity

Guilt Free Grocery Store Find #2 Fiber One Oat and Apple Streusel Bar

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
I was wandering in the store today looking for "healthier" snack foods that I could resort to in my most desparate hour of "cravedom" and I have read quite a bit of good things about the Fiber One bars and how they fill others up for hours.

It may not be as smart of a choice as some low-fat yogurt or a piece of fruit but if it''s this or hitting the drive thru, I''d resort to this!

Taste factor, I give it a 4 (in HL points), yes it still has the granola-y taste but the apple makes it quite a tasty snack option, especially if one is rushed for time.

Price: $2.08 a box at the local Wal*Mart Neighborhood Market

fiberone 003.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
The nitty-gritty....Gotta love the nutrition facts!

If you can''t read it...

130 Calories
2g of Fat
0.5g Sat. fat
0 g of Trans-Fat
0mg of Cholesterol
120 mg of sodium
31g of Carbohydrates
9g of Dietary Fiber
11g of sugar
2g of Protein
10% DV of Calcium

fiberone 001.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I had one of these about 4 hours ago and I am still NOT HUNGRY....crazy!!!!

26.gif

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
lol its way too late to be looking at these kind of threads- but AHHHHHHHHHHH! YUM!! haha, I''ve never tried it before- looks fantastic!
haha.
I''m a pretty big fan of Nature Valley Apple crumble (or something similar) the "mushy" version..haha.
No "spread" - but I''m a HUGE fan of apple pie- and it totally does the trick when that''s what I crave.

I now want what you showed NOW...aaaaaaaaah. hahahah,

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
MMMMM!! I eat one of these like... everyday! They''re so good!

I also like the chocolate chip ones, and the caramel bars. They go really great with black coffee in the morning!

A word of caution though- if you''re increasing fiber if your diet for the first time- go slow- otherwise you''ll be gasey and bloated! (that wasn''t fun!)

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 6:26:21 PM
Author: Amanda.Rx
MMMMM!! I eat one of these like... everyday! They''re so good!

I also like the chocolate chip ones, and the caramel bars. They go really great with black coffee in the morning!

A word of caution though- if you''re increasing fiber if your diet for the first time- go slow- otherwise you''ll be gasey and bloated! (that wasn''t fun!)
I bought a bid box of the chocolate chip bars from Costco. I like the taste but I do get gassy
15.gif
It is alright if I drink a ton of water when I eat the bar. Be sure to warn other family members....... My ten year old son ate three of bars one afternoon (without my knowledge!) He was very sick, bloated, gasey, and a few other things. The poor kid won''t eat them for $$$. He survived and we can laugh about it now
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results