shape
carat
color
clarity

Fage?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Forgive me for being a Noob here but what is this "Fage" that people keep referring to...

I guess I could just google/wikipedia it but it looks like a yogurt product...

Question now being...

Is it really THAT good?

How much is it?

Where can you get it locally in the US?

33.gif

Thanks-
PD

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info...I''ll have to go venture out and try some...

I know we have a Whole Foods here in Orlando...

I used to have a Wild Oats Market and Trader Joes back home...I don''t know if they are here though...lol

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Alrightey...my very first containers of Fage have been purchased and are now chilling in my fridge.

I found a local natural foods market called Chamberlin''s (which by the way is outrageously expensive...but that''s to be expected)

I was picking up my blue bling from the jewelry store today and the natural food store was attached to the same mall so I stopped in to see if they had the yogurt and there it was!!!!

Unfortunately they only had the individual containers in 2 percent...so I got one of those and then the larger 2 serving container of the 0% fat free version. I''ll see which type I like better....

My individual container was $2.19 so it better be good!!!! (lol)

The 2-serving container was $5.67!!!!

23.gif

I''ll let you know how I like it later...it looks like it may be a new staple of mine based on the posts here!!!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k so I have no willpower, I couldn't wait any longer to try it!

Well, I must say, the texture is something else.....so creamy!!!! (I just tried the 2%)

I do admit that the splenda makes a night and day difference on taste though....

I see the sour cream comparison taste wise that many of you mentioned....it definitely would be a good base for some creamier sauces!!!

I also added 1/4 cup of my NUT-rition mix to it (granola, dried cranberries, cherries, pistachios and almonds...super yummy!!!)

I now may become an addict.....thanks ladies....sheeeesh...lol

I'll let you know how I like the 0% tomorrow....
35.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and BTW, I feel ridiculously full (from the 7oz container....)!!!! It's crazy!

It seems almost like 2 portions when you mix stuff in!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and I think this would be so perfect to replicate that awesome curry sauce that the Melting Pot serves with their meat fondue!

I know that they use yogurt, mayo and curry powder.....so I am sure I can make a low cal version...hmmmm....

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I just tried this for the first time! The health food section of our grocery store had smaller containers with a mix-in - the one I tried was strawberry. YUM...but kinda expensive.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Like Elmorton briefly mentioned - they sell fage with mix-in''s now. I believe theres a strawberyy, cherry, honey, and blueberry? I''ve tried the cherry and honey and I love it. You dont have to actually mix it in to the fage (which in my opinion would ruin the texture) the preserves/honey are in a little side cup that you can dip your spoon into while you eat. I get mine at Stop and Shop - for all the North easterners out there. I know they also sell them at Kings, Wholefoods, and Wegmans.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love fage but I haven''t had it in a long time. I''ve only had the 0% kind. I did compare it to sour cream when I first tried it, and it was somewhat of an acquired taste for me. I quickly grew to love it though. I usually add in cereal and honey -- yum!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I read this post, then I went grocery shopping, then I made a quick trip to Better Health, where I just bought honey flavored Greek yogurt. It''s not fage, but it looks good. it''s 0%, I can''t wait to try it! I''m too filled from dinner though.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Fat free Greek yogurt with honey is my absolute favorite splurge. I buy it from Trader Joe''s (they have a store brand that is a little cheaper than the Total Fage stuff). If you gave me a choice between a bowl of frozen yogurt with jimmies or a bowl of honey and Greek yogurt- I''m going with the yogurt- any day.

So glad you discovered the awesomeness that is Fage.
36.gif
36.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, ladies, you convinced me!!!
21.gif

I went to get groceries last night and was hoping to find some Fage at our local Wal-Mart. I didn''t find any Fage, but I did find a different brand of Greek yogurt. It''s called Oikos, and it comes in little individual cups, some of which have mix-ins on the bottom. The flavors I got were honey, blueberry, vanilla and plain. I also got some granola, some raspberry preserves, and some honey to mix in with it.

I tried the honey flavor this morning with some oats and honey granola (Cascadian Farms) and two packets of Splenda mixed in. OMG, it''s delicious!!!
23.gif
18.gif
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/15/2008 4:57:42 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 10/15/2008 8:41:00 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl
OK, ladies, you convinced me!!!
21.gif

I went to get groceries last night and was hoping to find some Fage at our local Wal-Mart. I didn''t find any Fage, but I did find a different brand of Greek yogurt. It''s called Oikos, and it comes in little individual cups, some of which have mix-ins on the bottom. The flavors I got were honey, blueberry, vanilla and plain. I also got some granola, some raspberry preserves, and some honey to mix in with it.

I tried the honey flavor this morning with some oats and honey granola (Cascadian Farms) and two packets of Splenda mixed in. OMG, it''s delicious!!!
23.gif
18.gif
9.gif
SEEEEEEEEEE????????????! lol
LOL! I''m already looking forward to mixing something else into my next one! You guys have created a monster!!!
11.gif
9.gif
18.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Yum! I like it with real maple syrup. Mmmmm...

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/15/2008 8:20:27 PM
Author: ladypirate
Yum! I like it with real maple syrup. Mmmmm...
Oooh, that sounds good!!!
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t know what fage was before reading this either. Great, just great. I know they don''t have it here in fargo so I have to wait until we move to colorado next week because I know they have a whole foods grocery there...this better be worth it ladies! or...or....ill make the flaming angry face, i swear! lol

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2008 6:42:42 PM
Author: Smurfysmiles
I didn''t know what fage was before reading this either. Great, just great. I know they don''t have it here in fargo so I have to wait until we move to colorado next week because I know they have a whole foods grocery there...this better be worth it ladies! or...or....ill make the flaming angry face, i swear! lol
LOL! Smurfy, they don''t have Fage here in Hickville, PA either!
2.gif

I did find some Greek yogurt at our local Wal-Mart, though. It''s called "Oikos," and it''s VERY good! If you can''t find Fage, I would recommend giving the Oikos a try!
18.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, apparently I''m stopping by Trader Joe''s and trying this stuff. My mom has been raving about Greek yogurt before, but now I''ve got to try it.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fage is pretty great stuff... it's usually $2 for the 8 oz containers. the big ones are not cheaper/volume where I shop. It's ok, bc one jar is two servings for me (eaten in one day, though.)

Sometimes I get some plain yogurt or good European style yogurt from Strauss (which is, IMO, more tangy/sour) and squeeze out the whey through a paper coffee filter. Yes, I'm cheap.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 12:51:04 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 10/17/2008 11:30:45 AM

Author: geckodani

Fage + Dry Dip Mix = LowFat Dip!

You rock. I never thought of this. DOH!

Yummmmmmy!!! That sounds delicious. I am going to have to try that.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Just had my afternoon 0% FAGE (well, like Claritek, i go for the TJ''s brand- ''cause it''s cheaper!)

I mix it with a spoonful of TJ''s organic reduced-sugar preserves (blackberry). The whole thing is about 75 calories, since i have about 1/2 cup of yogurt at a time. It''s a great snack that holds me over until dinnertime.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Since this thread started, I have developed a Fage addiction. I''ve been getting the big tub (6.57!) and I drizzle honey on it. Oh yum beyond yum.

Anyone know if it might be cheaper online in bulk? I''m going to check out Walmart for the different brand of Greek yogurt, but I''m not going to hold my breath since I''m in Iowa (this is one of the few times that I think I''d trade my beloved Hy-vee for a Trader Joe''s!)

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2008 12:33:53 AM
Author: Elmorton
Since this thread started, I have developed a Fage addiction. I''ve been getting the big tub (6.57!) and I drizzle honey on it. Oh yum beyond yum.

Anyone know if it might be cheaper online in bulk? I''m going to check out Walmart for the different brand of Greek yogurt, but I''m not going to hold my breath since I''m in Iowa (this is one of the few times that I think I''d trade my beloved Hy-vee for a Trader Joe''s!)
El, I''ve been eating mine with honey too. Love it!!!
30.gif

I get the Oikos brand (made by Stonyfield Farm) at Wal-Mart, and the individual serving size cups come in several different flavors: plain, blueberry, honey and vanilla. The honey and blueberry varieties have honey and blueberry on the bottom to mix in. But, I don''t think the mix in that''s included is enough to sweeten the yogurt. So, I add more honey to the honey flavored one, and I add raspberry preserves (Smuckers Simply Fruit) to the blueberry one. Adding the honey or preserves also means I don''t need to add Splenda! I''m having the blueberry yogurt with raspberry preserves and oats-and-honey granola mixed in right now. DELICIOUS!!!
18.gif

Let us know how you make out at Wal-Mart!
21.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 9:17:52 AM
Date: 10/27/2008 12:33:53 AM

Author: Elmorton

El, I''ve been eating mine with honey too. Love it!!!
30.gif

I get the Oikos brand (made by Stonyfield Farm) at Wal-Mart, and the individual serving size cups come in several different flavors: plain, blueberry, honey and vanilla. The honey and blueberry varieties have honey and blueberry on the bottom to mix in. But, I don''t think the mix in that''s included is enough to sweeten the yogurt. So, I add more honey to the honey flavored one, and I add raspberry preserves (Smuckers Simply Fruit) to the blueberry one. Adding the honey or preserves also means I don''t need to add Splenda! I''m having the blueberry yogurt with raspberry preserves and oats-and-honey granola mixed in right now. DELICIOUS!!!
18.gif

Let us know how you make out at Wal-Mart!
21.gif

I just started on the Fage thing too, thanks to PS!

I am addicted for sure. I bought the Oikos brand because Whole Foods was out of the fat free Fage. I add honey and granola and it is AWESOME.

I eat it at least once a day!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/28/2008 5:48:52 PM
Author: elledizzy5

I am addicted for sure. I bought the Oikos brand because Whole Foods was out of the fat free Fage. I add honey and granola and it is AWESOME.

Elle, I''ve been eating my Oikos for breakfast every morning (with honey and granola when I eat the plain, honey or vanilla varieties). I''m going grocery shopping tonight and I think I''m going to have to get WAY MORE this time! I could seriously eat this stuff like three times a day!!!
18.gif

I had to laugh . . . I was eating my Oikos one morning last week, and our office manager came by to talk to me about something. She said, "WHAT are you eating? It looks like sour cream!" LOL!
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 8:55:56 AM

Date: 10/28/2008 5:48:52 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Elle, I''ve been eating my Oikos for breakfast every morning (with honey and granola when I eat the plain, honey or vanilla varieties). I''m going grocery shopping tonight and I think I''m going to have to get WAY MORE this time! I could seriously eat this stuff like three times a day!!!
18.gif

I had to laugh . . . I was eating my Oikos one morning last week, and our office manager came by to talk to me about something. She said, ''WHAT are you eating? It looks like sour cream!'' LOL!
9.gif
Haha! It does look like sour cream!

I went to Whole Foods last night and got 3 big tubs. This time I got actual Fage. I think its a *bit* thicker than the Oikos, but I could just totally be hallucinating.

I should start a thread about everything you''ve started using/eating/trying/buying etc. from PS recommendations. I can think of at LEAST 4 things off the top of my head.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I tried oikos ...ew
29.gif
<~~~~ i told you i would do it!
even fi thought it was gross, guess ill just stick to yoplait haha

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results