shape
carat
color
clarity

Detoxing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone ever tried detoxing (either in pill or liquid form)? i''ve known a couple people who say it''s terrible but you feel so much better in the end, so I finally got myself a detox kit (you''re allowed to eat normally, it''s just you drink this liquid as well).

Is it just a gimmick or does it actually make a difference?

Any experiences?

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I have never done this, but IMHO, I can''t imagine a pill or liquid being very good for you. My assumption is those pills/liquids are a strong laxative, which does not sound fun!

I have heard of a detox diet, where you are limited to a very strict selection of foods, which I hear is also very difficult, but rewarding in the end.

I am interested to hear any personal experiences myself.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Dr. Oz from Oprah was talking about detox diets one day. He said that if you eat the right foods, your body will detox itself and these diets are very dangerous and just plain not good for you. I would be very careful about taking a pill/liquid without consulting your doctor first. They are not FDA approved.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Cammy, just out of curiosity, which detox kit did you buy? How long are you detoxing for?

I did the Wild Rose 12-day detox a couple of years ago. It came with a very detailed list of foods that I can eat and what is not recommended (e.g. shell fish, cheese, sugar, etc.). The list is still on my fridge and I did this detox in December 2005!! I had to take pills and liquids with breakfast and dinner and they both consisted of only herbal ingredients.

Here is what I remember from my detox:
1) I went #2 several times throughout the day. They weren''t always the most fulfilling but they were consistent. Sorry if that''s TMI!!
2) I made a big effort to stick with the meal plan. I had rice, vegetables and fish most days, oatmeal with rice milk for breakfast....but you can find some loopholes. Like, I''d go through a whole package of rice crackers in one sitting. And potatoes and oil are allowed so technically you can have fries (although I didn''t)...but you get what I mean.
3) My pants were looser after the 12 days and I felt great. Really great! I''ve never had an issue with weight but I always feel like I put on some winter weight...and with the detox I felt really healthy.

I tried another detox a few months later. It was a different brand and I think it was just pills. I felt terrible after the first two days as I was always constipated and I stopped. I don''t think detoxes are a gimmick when you make simultaneous changes in your eating habits. The whole idea is to eliminate the toxins in your body, so if you''re still feeding yourself ''toxins'' you''re just replacing the ones that you just got rid of...i hope that make sense because I can''t seem to find the words I''m looking for! Anyway, good luck! Let us know how it goes!
1.gif

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Hey sammyj, thanks for your experience, I typically eat pretty healthily, and I''m a good weight, I just wanted to see if I actually do feel better after it. I''m doing the Arbonne 7-day detox (at some point). It''s a 1 oz bottle you mix with 32 ounces of water and drink throughout the day. I''m definitely curious what the results will be.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:06:29 AM
Author: steph72276
Dr. Oz from Oprah was talking about detox diets one day. He said that if you eat the right foods, your body will detox itself and these diets are very dangerous and just plain not good for you. I would be very careful about taking a pill/liquid without consulting your doctor first. They are not FDA approved.
''Detox'' diets, as shown on TV, as sold in your local drugstore, or purchased via the Internet should not be used. While you are eliminating your supposed toxins (you aren''t), you can experience a drop in potassium and blood sugar levels which are quite dangerous.

There are perfectly normal and natural ways to have more productive bathroom habits. Fiber, fruits, and veggies. Stop all refined white foods: sugar, flour, rice. And you can take a (non-herbal, non-chemical) dietary supplement made of vegetable and fruit enzymes/acids which will improve liver function (how you process fats and ''toxins''). This is not a diet you have to do all the time; just when you need to ''cleanse''. But certainly, we should all be eating plenty of fiber, etc.

Stay completely away from herbal supplements which have the power to mess with your cardio system, and in many cases have caused heart problems. Never put a drug in your mouth that your physician has not approved for you, including all over the counter meds. Seriously; some of the many deaths each year are caused by drug interactions or a reaction to seemingly inocuous self meds.

If you have found a ''quick-fix'' -- it works like a charm, and you drop 10-12 pounds with little effort -- it works precisely because it is not good for your body. Besides, the minute you start eating normally again, that weight will return.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results