shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone interested in a Weight Watcher''s thread?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, sounds like you're doing great! I would say buy a few nice clothes (if you can find a deal). It really helps with feeling good and motivated...I've been doing a lot of shopping even though the hope is that the clothes will be too big for me in the near future.

As for flex points, I do eat a few of them, but I save them for splurge nights like date night. It's been working for me. I might eat a couple of points extra per day, but I do dip into them over the course of the week...I don't think I've ever gone a week without using flex points and I'm still losing. The amount of daily points they give you a day is a really low amount of calories. So at the very least, you need to use those points.

I'm still hovering at around 17 lbs. Got back from a biz trip and maintained, which is excellent. Today I'm showing more loss and clothes feel loose, so that is excellent. Down to my next pair of smaller jeans that I bought. The ones I bought recently and hemmed (I got them for $10 and didn't want to spend money altering them so I did them myself) are falling off...which was really annoying when I had to run through O'Hare trying to catch my connecting flight. I had to run holding my pants! So all is good.

According to the scale today, which was the lowest reading I've had (but not "official since it's not weigh in day), I'm now officially 10% below starting weight. Period started today too, so we'll see if that is keeping me a little heavier than usual. 5 pounds to prepregnancy...sigh.

Next week is Hawaii. Again, goal is to maintain. But I'm feeling so good, I think I'll bring my workout gear and go for morning runs!

Keep it up everyone!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good job TGal! That 10% goal is a biggies. Wonderful job lady. Only 5 lbs to pre-pregnancy. That is wonderful! It will probably feel really good to get there, it has been a while eh? 8) Many women never get back to the pre-preg weight, so I think we both deserve a pat on the back for getting there.

What is your eventual weight loss goal? I would one day like to be 30lbs below where I am now, but prior to TTC I want to be 15 - 17lbs below where I am now.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
Good job TGal! That 10% goal is a biggies. Wonderful job lady. Only 5 lbs to pre-pregnancy. That is wonderful! It will probably feel really good to get there, it has been a while eh? 8) Many women never get back to the pre-preg weight, so I think we both deserve a pat on the back for getting there.

What is your eventual weight loss goal? I would one day like to be 30lbs below where I am now, but prior to TTC I want to be 15 - 17lbs below where I am now.

Yeah Dreamer, it's been too long for sure. I just wasn't motivated for the longest time, because let's face it...losing weight is a lot of work! But yeah, big pats on the back for us...although I am not there quite yet!

My eventual weight loss goal...well, it goes in stages. 5 pounds to prepreggo equals a 22 pound loss. I gained 37 pounds in my pregnancy and lost 15 with the baby. I left the hospital a certain weight and it simply did not budge for two years except to go UP this past spring. Ugh.

My pre pregnancy weight is 12 pounds above my wedding weight, so a total of 34 pounds is goal to wedding weight. HOWEVER, the weight where I just look the best is a whopping 44 pound loss total. But I'd reach that weight for all of about 5 minutes and climb back up the scale.

Honestly, I'd be happy to just never see where I was a few months ago. I was technically classified (through BMI) as overweight, and I had never been overweight in my life. My knees hurt and blood tests for my life insurance showed some issues. This from someone who only 6 years ago ran her first marathon and was in the best shape of her life. Having this kid really did me in. And we've been discussing formally calling it quits on the having another kid front...this last week has been an eye opener, but I can't get myself to formally shut and lock that door yet. But now even my husband says he doesn't want another.

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
Regarding the flex points I have never heard any leader say not to use them or that you would lose more weight by not using them. I had one leader who said she couldn't make it on just her daily allowance and she needed to supplement each day with flex points. My current leader, from what I can tell, uses her flex points more for splurges. I do recall her saying that most people who use their flex points lose more weight overall. I think her point was that by not depriving yourself and using the flex points, people are more likely to stay on the plan. I would assume that if a person never used their flex points they might lose weight a bit more quickly since it would be fewer calories. But since WW is supposed to be a lifestyle, never using the flex points wouldn't be sustainable for most people. AFM, I don't usually use too many of my flex points, except for the occasional splurge. However, this is possible mostly because I am not currently working and I can make wiser food choices at home. (I know being at home is more difficult for some people, but for me it is easier.) I foresee this possibly coming to a screeching halt because as my daily points get reduced, my food desires seem to be increasing!

When I attend my meeting this week I will try to ask the leader how much of a difference the flex points make.

Oh, I just thought of another thing - one thing she suggested to me was to eat a different number of points each day. For example, eat my regular points one day, the next day add 2-3 points, the next day my regular points, etc. I guess for some people their bodies adjust to whatever they are eating, so by changing it can help. Sheesh, losing weight is such a delicate balancing act - some points aren't enough and other points are too many and finding that balance is so hard.

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
My usual weigh in day is Thursdays and I lost 1.8 pounds (I forgot to say last week was 2.2 pounds) - yay! I still have a ways to go, but it is nice to see progress.

I am heading back home (Indiana/Chicago) next week for 2 weeks. I will be staying with family and seeing lots of friends, which
means lots of eating out. My goal is to maintain and my hope is to see a little progress! We'll see how it goes. But, I'm so
excited to see everyone. I've been in CA for a year and haven't met too many people yet, so I'm thrilled to be seeing friends again.

Dreamer, I talked to one of the WW workers last night and asked about the 35 flex points. Of course it is never a straightforward
answer. She said there are some people that can't lose weight eating all their flex points. She said it is individual and a person just needs to play around with what works for them. She did say if a person is doing a lot of activity they might need their extra points,
otherwise they don't get enough food. Which brings me to remember another thing - I have heard multiple people say they do not count activity points. I don't do as much activity as I need to, therefore I don't count any points. But, I know you are running a lot which burns many more calories than my bi-weekly walk with my 71 year old neighbor with hip-replacements. (Um, I try to tell myself it is exercise in learning to walk so slowly. :)) ) Anyway, I'm guessing you would need, at a minimum, either your activity points or flex points to compensate for the running.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been a lifetime ww for over a year now. I just wanted to pop in and say congratulations to all of you on your weight loss journey!!!! I love WW; it can be tough at times but there is no food off limits for me so I don't feel deprived if I want a treat every once in awhile. Reading your posts is inspiring fellow WW, thanks and woohooo to you :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aryana Thank you for asking about that for me! I always use all my flex points, and you are right, we run and I typically earn 20+ activity points each week, and never use them, so it seems to balance out for me. My loss has been steady at about 1lb per week, but I am 32 now not 23 and it seems to be slower now than it was for me then! And Yippee for your loss! When I have gone on vacation I focus on maintaining and staying loosly on points. Worked for me both times. It is just too hard to diet when you are on vacation like that.

Skippy Thanks and congrats! I am thinking that when I get to my goal I will join an in person place so I can get lifetime membership too!

Weigh in day! We spent 4 days with family and I admit, I enjoyed myself :devil: Used all my activity points for the first time. But still lost 0.5lb so I am OK with things!

TGal? How about you?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer off for vacation today, so I won't weigh in for two weeks.

I lost a little over one, putting me at a total loss of almost 18. Go figure...this is after a weekend of eating steak, wine tasting, eating pizza for two days (I got into a car accident and couldn't cook). I guess working out 3 days at the beginning of last week saved me. Lost in my waist too (.25-.5 inch) so that supports the weight loss.

I think it's a bit of post period loss too...you always weigh in less after the monthly.

Congrats Dreamer...you're doing great!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
hee hee.. Tgal, you seem to be either starting your period or coming off the monthly visit every time you weigh in! 8) Good for you for losing despite rampant gluttony though!

Sorry about the car accident :errrr: I have never been in one (knock wood) but it seems terrifying.

Is your vacation in Hawaii?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
hee hee.. Tgal, you seem to be either starting your period or coming off the monthly visit every time you weigh in! 8) Good for you for losing despite rampant gluttony though!

Sorry about the car accident :errrr: I have never been in one (knock wood) but it seems terrifying.

Is your vacation in Hawaii?

That can't be! :cheeky: My period is like, every 6 weeks now...although for the first time in 4 or 5 months, this one came in a little over 4 weeks. Getting older is fun.

Yes, the car it most like totaled. Such is life. At least we can go ahead and buy a new car...so there's the silver lining. Poor mustang...10 years of faithful service and only 70K miles on it. It had at least another 5 years left on it.

Vacation is in Hawaii, yup! Excited...my mom and aunt have never been there. In fact, they've never really had a beach vacation since moving to America (37 years ago). Shame on me for not taking them sooner.

Have a great, healthy week Dreamer and everyone!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, thought I would report in my weight this week -- down another pound! So 12 in total. Woop woop!

And Tgal, my period is due soon so maybe I will have a good loss next week :cheeky:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, you back yet? Gonna check in?

I lost 4 lbs this week :o So my prediction was correct. I was apparently holding a lot of water in the last few weeks, but I am happy for the loss!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
4 lbs is great Dreamer! I love the post period weigh in...even though it's a lot of water loss, it's great for motivation!!!

I'm going on vacation more often. I ate potato chips, steak, ice cream, chocolate and more and lost 2 lbs. .25 in the waist too. I guess I was more active than usual, but hey, I'll take it!

When I think about it though, while I did eat all those things, they weren't in huge portions. I do feel like I ate more calories than I put out, but metabolism is a funny thing. We were off and running every day at 6 am, and didn't really stop moving in one way or another until Amelia went down at 7:15-7:30pm.

Anyway, about 20 lbs down total, and back on the wagon I go.

Oh, and I had 2.5 malasadas in one sitting. Those are pretty much DONUTS. :knockout:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great job TGal! When we went on vacation I did not lose anything, but it sounds like you were much more active than I was!

I am down a total of 16lbs which is really cool and shocking at the same time. I am about 70lbs less than I was when I gave birth! :o

As I am losing and liking what I see, I am getting more and more sad about getting pregnant again and gaining it all back :blackeye: I want to lose 12 more pounds before TTC and I think that is possible, which will make me 25lbs less than my first pre-pregnancy weight, which is great. But gosh its hard to know I will gain most of the weight back and have to lose it all over again in a year or so.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
Great job TGal! When we went on vacation I did not lose anything, but it sounds like you were much more active than I was!

I am down a total of 16lbs which is really cool and shocking at the same time. I am about 70lbs less than I was when I gave birth! :o

As I am losing and liking what I see, I am getting more and more sad about getting pregnant again and gaining it all back :blackeye: I want to lose 12 more pounds before TTC and I think that is possible, which will make me 25lbs less than my first pre-pregnancy weight, which is great. But gosh its hard to know I will gain most of the weight back and have to lose it all over again in a year or so.

Dreamer you are doing so awesome! At 15-16 pounds, I felt amazing, even though I had a lot to lose. It's substantial.

And I totally and COMPLETELY hear you about gaining it back for another baby. In fact, I did post about it on FHH that we decided to not go for #2. A very small part of that decision (OK, I'm lying, it was a good part, but it makes me sound hugely vain) is that I've worked hard to lose the weight and don't want to gain it back. I feel human again. I feel like ME. I feel like a woman who's a mom instead of a mom who's reminded at every look in the mirror that she's had a kid.

I was in maternity clothes (for the most part) up until Amelia's 2nd birthday. It was not a fun place to be, but I was too lazy to get out until, ironically, we decided to try for number 2 in Oct-Dec of this year. I decided the weight needed to come off, and here I am.

Still, you are doing the right thing...you'll be in better shape for #2, and will be able to bounce back much better.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal you are a selfish wench for sure ;)) But it must feel good to have a decision made. I am a little sad that you will not be adding another kid with your cool genes and good parenting to the universe, but I suppose the universe will live.

Funny, I too felt like a dumpy poopy mom butt for so long after Hunter was born. I was so big, I look at photos and am shocked. Like you, did not feel like myself at all. And I also felt like it was a little too obvious I had just had a kid. I don't like it to be so obvious, ya know? Now I am getting down into the realm where I feel much more like me, even though it is thinner than I was prepregnancy. I was heavier than *me* at that point too.

DH has also lost close to 15lbs, and he looks hot again! woo hoo! He looks so much younger it is amazing, like a college student almost. Like one of those hot football players from college 8) I am hoping the difference is as obvious in my too. I wouldn't mind looking a little younger.

My motivation was 100% getting prepared to get pregnant with number two. Recovery was so loooooooong and I hated being as big as I was. Even after the water weight was gone I still had 40lbs to lose, and though I was so lucky that BFing took almost all of it off, it still took 12 months. I am hoping this next go around, the clothing I just packed away that no longer fits will be my "fat" clothing for after baby was born. And then I can hit WW and get to my goal, which is still about 25lbs less than I am now.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
TGal you are a selfish wench for sure ;)) But it must feel good to have a decision made. I am a little sad that you will not be adding another kid with your cool genes and good parenting to the universe, but I suppose the universe will live.

Funny, I too felt like a dumpy poopy mom butt for so long after Hunter was born. I was so big, I look at photos and am shocked. Like you, did not feel like myself at all. And I also felt like it was a little too obvious I had just had a kid. I don't like it to be so obvious, ya know? Now I am getting down into the realm where I feel much more like me, even though it is thinner than I was prepregnancy. I was heavier than *me* at that point too.

DH has also lost close to 15lbs, and he looks hot again! woo hoo! He looks so much younger it is amazing, like a college student almost. Like one of those hot football players from college 8) I am hoping the difference is as obvious in my too. I wouldn't mind looking a little younger.

My motivation was 100% getting prepared to get pregnant with number two. Recovery was so loooooooong and I hated being as big as I was. Even after the water weight was gone I still had 40lbs to lose, and though I was so lucky that BFing took almost all of it off, it still took 12 months. I am hoping this next go around, the clothing I just packed away that no longer fits will be my "fat" clothing for after baby was born. And then I can hit WW and get to my goal, which is still about 25lbs less than I am now.

Ha, thanks...but yeah, the universe will live (and probably rejoice!)

TGuy lost 15-20lbs too. It's amazing the difference on guys eh? Really good for the sex drive too...which help the babymaking. ;))

I was always jealous of the BFers...seemed like a fair way to lose weight...so I couldn't really complain that I wasn't losing weight as I was fine with formula feeding. But losing a pound a week sure was something I wanted! I think you'll do great after the second kid. Hopefully I'll be maintaining and stick around the thread to cheer you on!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, this week I gained about half a lb. I am not surprised as last week's 4lb loss was mostly fluids and from being sick. But roughly maintaing that loss means that I probably did still lose last week! So I am fine with that. It was a *very* stressful couple of weeks with work, so I am happy all told with the progress.

I have about 13 lbs to get to my goal before getting pregnant again, and about 10-12 weeks before I would have to stop dieting (at the earliers), so I think I might make it!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
You're doing great Dreamer!

Ate a lot last week, but sort of back on the wagon (we're having lamb for dinner tonight). Gained a pound on weigh in day, but today back to last week's weigh in number. We'll see how this week goes....

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, slow and steady wins the race...I'm just chipping away at it.

Lost a pound and a half (and yes, I'm post period, but I checked, and it's been a month since my last post period weigh in, so that makes sense!) Looks like the weight is coming off steadily at about half a pound a week, which is not bad since I've not been all that great at trying for the last month. Going to try and have a good week.

So "officially" I am a titch over 20 pounds. Unofficially (since I mentally calculate from the heaviest weight I saw the week I started WW), I'm 21 pounds down. Big difference, I know, but I like the bigger number. ::)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great job TGal!

I am down another lb this week :appl: Total of 16lbs, but I too mentally calculate from the higher number I hovered at for 6 months prior to WW (but post losing most of the baby weight) and that makes it an 18lb loss to date! My average is 1lb per week, but I have had a really good month and dropped 5lbs in 4 weeks.

I have only 7lbs to go until I hit the pre-pregnancy goal I had set for myself (12lbs if I set the more optimistic goal). As it gets closer I am getting less certain I am ready ;))

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, I bet you look great! Congrats on the 1 lb this week!

I got on the scale later in the day and dropped another pound (tried a few times actually throughout the day and saw the number). It's a magic number because it was my pre-prego weight! So nice to see it......

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal said:

I got on the scale later in the day and dropped another pound (tried a few times actually throughout the day and saw the number). It's a magic number because it was my pre-prego weight! So nice to see it......

Wow how awesome!! You should celebrate, that is a really great milestone for you. Have you bought a whole new wardrobe yet? Officially, none of my old clothing fits. "Luckily" I had kept a lot of clothing that I had outgrown, so I have been wearing those again which is handy. And I had to go out to buy some tops and skirts for work. But I am trying to keep it minimal because already the new items I bought a month ago are getting loose. And besides, when I hit my goal I plan to get pregnant so no real need for a whole wardrobe I will not wear much. But apparently my local Gap is having 50% of women's jeans today only so I will go buy a pair of pants that fit today! Yippee!

I also am a lb lower today than on weigh in as well (I did have trouble reading the number at weigh in so I believe this one more). I am not going to chage my recorded weight though because this way I am guaranteed a loss next week ;)) Ah the tricks you learn, eh?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
TravelingGal said:

Wow how awesome!! You should celebrate, that is a really great milestone for you. Have you bought a whole new wardrobe yet? Officially, none of my old clothing fits. "Luckily" I had kept a lot of clothing that I had outgrown, so I have been wearing those again which is handy. And I had to go out to buy some tops and skirts for work. But I am trying to keep it minimal because already the new items I bought a month ago are getting loose. And besides, when I hit my goal I plan to get pregnant so no real need for a whole wardrobe I will not wear much. But apparently my local Gap is having 50% of women's jeans today only so I will go buy a pair of pants that fit today! Yippee!

I also am a lb lower today than on weigh in as well (I did have trouble reading the number at weigh in so I believe this one more). I am not going to chage my recorded weight though because this way I am guaranteed a loss next week ;)) Ah the tricks you learn, eh?

Haha yes dreamer, I'm the same way. The number on weigh in day stands, whether it be inflated or not.

You should buy some new clothes dreamer...you deserve it, you've lost a ton of weight. Plus you will feel sexier, which will lead to TTC for #2. :naughty:

I do keep it minimal, and it majorly helps that I work from home. A few pairs of pants and tops which will hopefully fit as I go down in size. But I think I made mention of something I was going to do as I went down the scale on this thread somewhere, and that is that I shop regularly. As I buy smaller clothes and fit myself well, I feel like I look great and am motivated to keep pushing. I bought a belt to help with the loose pants, but I have not had any problems with buying myself a pair of jeans for each size I go down, even if it means I only wear them a few months at a time. I make sure to buy cheap though, as I don't want to waste too much money, but decent jeans can be had for a fair price. Especially if you shop the discount stores.

Now, when I get to my desired weight, I'm going to buy a great pair of designer jeans and blow the bank!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, but buying close would mean spending money :rodent:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet you don't spend a ton of money on yourself dreamer. Think of how much you've saved by not spending money in the last year because you hadn't shed the weight. I'm enabling you!

I buy some tops here and there at Marshalls and Loehmans. I only shop the clearance racks and usually get something under $10. The jeans I wore at the last size was $10 at Limited and I hemmed them myself (and did a darn good job, if I do say so).

I know you are going to TTC again, so I get that it seems like a waste of money. But buy a nice pair of jeans today!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will buy some jeans! And maybe a top or two! I promise!

I blew my whole years worth of me-money on my upgrade in May :bigsmile: Totally worth it to have a nice diamond and baggy ill-fitting pants ;)) Besides, I like the feeling of my clothing being a little loose. For so long they were too tight ;( ;( ;(

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
Hi girls! You are both doing great. Tgal, I agree with you that when I reach my goal I am buying a pair of great jeans and blowing the bank - can't wait!

AFM, I hit a milestone weight a few weeks ago and then went on vacation (hometown) for 2 weeks. ACK... I few times I chose to be good, but since I can't get the same food here, I ate what I wanted with reckless abandon! I went to a weigh-in when I returned and gained 2.2 pounds. Not too bad, in my opinion, for what I ate. And actually I don't think I gained quite that much, as I was having a 'heavy' day that day. I was busy last week and missed my meeting, however at home I couldn't figure out how much I weighed, as every time I was on the scale it was very different. So, I went to weigh-in last night and lost 4.6 pounds - YEA. Granted that is 2 weeks worth and I am only down 2.4 from what I was at before, but I am happy to be back on the bandwagon. It took a bit for my stomach to go back to WW portions - that was probably the worst part because I was HUNGRY. However, I'm hoping the re-indoctrination is fully back in place.

One thing I did notice that was interesting. All of my family noticed pretty much immediately that I had lost weight, but most of my friends didn't really say anything. One group of friends commented, but nothing from the others. It made me wonder 'how noticeable is the weight loss'? In some ways I don't feel like it is that noticeable to me, since it happens slowly over time. But, overall I can tell that I am quite a bit smaller than I was and I've lost about half of what I want. So I was wondering, is it taboo to mention that someone looks like they've lost weight? Do people refrain from saying anything to be 'safe' and to make sure they don't imply you were really overweight before?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
No one likes to comment on weight loss for women! It is rude or something. When I lost 30lbs years ago it was a staggering transformation, and yet no one ever said a word about weight loss. Instead they said, "You look great!"

I just got back from a conference where I saw people who know me well and had not seen me in 20lbs... or sometimes 60lbs when they saw me pregnant last! Everyone was saying "You looks great!" which I knew meant "Wow you have lost weight!" ;))

Had a bad week at the conference, impossible to stay on points, so I took that week off and will weigh on again next week!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
No one likes to comment on weight loss for women! It is rude or something. When I lost 30lbs years ago it was a staggering transformation, and yet no one ever said a word about weight loss. Instead they said, "You look great!"

I just got back from a conference where I saw people who know me well and had not seen me in 20lbs... or sometimes 60lbs when they saw me pregnant last! Everyone was saying "You looks great!" which I knew meant "Wow you have lost weight!" ;))

Had a bad week at the conference, impossible to stay on points, so I took that week off and will weigh on again next week!

Come on Dreamer, you have to weigh in EVERY week. :tongue:

But doncha love the compliments? ::) Keep it at Dreamer, you are rockin' it!

I had a HORRIBLE week last week. My anniversary day turned out to be anniversary WEEK! 4 days of eating like crazy. Night before anniversary dinner at home with TGuy, anni dinner at nice restaurant complete with TWO desserts, anni dinner celebrating with another couple at our house which included buttery, garlicky shrimp scampi, and a Girl's Night in where my husband's friend cooked us a SEVEN COURSE MEAL!

I gained a pound, and it's a no doubt, solid pound of fat. :nono:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results