shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Favorite Christmas Movies

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure if I do a search, knowing the wonderful PSers, I'll find an old thread where this question was asked, but that was then, this is now! :bigsmile: So, without further ado, what are your top three favorite Christmas movies? Please, no judgement, just Xmas films you love - whether they're "great" films is totally beside the point!

My favorite three, in reverse order:

3. Home Alone

2. Its a Wonderful Life

1. Elf

Now lets hear from you!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're No Angels
the original with Humphrey Bogard and Fernando Rey.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I completely forgot about that one! I haven't seen it in years and now have something to look forward to!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I recently watched Arthur Christmas and I LOVED it!

so....
1. Arthur Christmas (for now)

2. Nightmare before Christmas

3. Love Actually

4. The Santa Claus 1, 2 and maybe 3...

5. Home Alone

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know! I just thought of another. As my boys used to call it: "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out" :lol:

YT: excellent, more movies for me to see! Arthur Christmas is brand new this year, right?

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

It's the BEST Xmas movie EVAH!

and I love Elf too.

D

Deactivated member 42515

minousbijoux said:
I know! I just thought of another. As my boys used to call it: "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out" :lol:

YT: excellent, more movies for me to see! Arthur Christmas is brand new this year, right?
Yes, it is brand new. I watched it after I got my wisdom teeth pulled out and was having a reaction to the hydros. I thought maybe I enjoyed the movie because I was loopy on the drugs. Watched it again, and still loved it!

Oops! I just realized you wanted top 3! Not top 5! Sorry!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
It's a Wonderful Life. I could recite this movie yet I still cry at the end. I love Jimmy Stewart soooo much.

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. My DH is now called Clark during the Christmas Season,he tends to have issues with xmas lights. :lol:

A Christmas Story. So many great scenes. We watch this every year.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
How the Grinch Stole Christmas!! I just LOVE this one - I recite it along with Boris Karloff.... "you're a mean one, Mr Grinch..." Ah--- saw it last week and now I feel it can be Christmas time!! lol!

After that, I still like the Santa Clause series with Tim Allen and Elf with Will Farrell

(I'm simple and not too deep, obviously!)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's an annual tradition for us to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. My kids started watching it w/me a few years ago even though it's not entirely kid appropriate (lol!).

I recently watched Love Actually again after a few years and it's a good one, too.

Sometimes for us, LONG movies where we bundle with blankets on the couch with our fireplace on make for a holiday mood. Like rewatching Lord of The Rings or something with a bunch of holiday candles burning is kind of fun!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1354803878|3324035 said:
How the Grinch Stole Christmas!! I just LOVE this one - I recite it along with Boris Karloff.... "you're a mean one, Mr Grinch..." Ah--- saw it last week and now I feel it can be Christmas time!! lol!

After that, I still like the Santa Clause series with Tim Allen and Elf with Will Farrell

(I'm simple and not too deep, obviously!)

The Santa Clause series is good. It's good because it's not too young-like that my kids can't get into it and it's not too kid like, that I cannot! We usually watch at least one of those every year. My younger son made it clear to me yesterday that dad told him that we are Santa, so I told him he's not allowed to talk like that in our house (hahaha)...he has to pretend Santa is still Santa. He said okay, but still wanted to make sure I know that he knows! lol ;)) (We need movies to keep the Santa spirit concept around in the house - I should rent one of these this weekend!)

audball

Ideal_Rock
I can't possible decide on three favorites. I pretty much love them all!

BUT! I totally just realized the other night. I love me some Christmas Vacation and it came on TV so we were kind of watching it. I've always watched it, every year, and somehow never noticed this.

Anyone recognize Rusty, the son? Come on, now! I know we have some Big Bang Theory fans on these boards!!

Attachments

• rusty_.bmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 599
  • christmas_vacation_cast.bmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 579

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
audball|1354808971|3324128 said:
I can't possible decide on three favorites. I pretty much love them all!

BUT! I totally just realized the other night. I love me some Christmas Vacation and it came on TV so we were kind of watching it. I've always watched it, every year, and somehow never noticed this.

Anyone recognize Rusty, the son? Come on, now! I know we have some Big Bang Theory fans on these boards!!

I don't watch that TV show, but wow, he looks exactly the same! Doesn't look like he's aged at all.

audball

Ideal_Rock
He really does! I've been watching Big Bang since it premiered in 07...in the last 4 Christmases...I don't know how I never made the connection!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
audball|1354809336|3324141 said:
He really does! I've been watching Big Bang since it premiered in 07...in the last 4 Christmases...I don't know how I never made the connection!

Is that show kid appropriate? My older son is 12. I wonder if he'd get into it.

audball

Ideal_Rock
MC|1354809400|3324143 said:

I'd say so. I mean, there are inuendos and sexual content (nothing explicit), but no worse than any other sitcom? Reruns air on TBS all the time. Maybe scan a few episodes and see what you think?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
audball|1354810604|3324183 said:
MC|1354809400|3324143 said:

I'd say so. I mean, there are inuendos and sexual content (nothing explicit), but no worse than any other sitcom? Reruns air on TBS all the time. Maybe scan a few episodes and see what you think?

Okay, will do. We don't watch sitcoms, but it's just preference. My kids have seens lord of the rings and other movies, but not many comedy TV shows... I let them watch the first couple episodes of Lost, the other night, and they had SO many questions! lol I'm thinking there is no way anyone can make sense of that show (we watched the entire series a few years back)...

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol

Desk Set

Holiday Inn

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
mayerling said:
Holiday Inn

Love Actually

Mine too! And We're No Angels with Penn and Deniro. I haven't see. The original but will get on that!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a Wonderful Life
Miracle on 34th Street
White Christmas

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
In no particular order:

Love, Actually
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (the claymation version!)
The Santa Clause series

(honorable mention to Mickey's Christmas Carol!)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It surprises me that there is not more overlap; I guess it just shows how many Xmas movies there are.

So multiple votes for The Santa Claus series and Christmas Vacation.

Maybe this is cheating, but I count "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" as a show not a movie, otherwise it would definitely in my top 3 list...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1354813110|3324261 said:
It surprises me that there is not more overlap; I guess it just shows how many Xmas movies there are.

So multiple votes for The Santa Claus series and Christmas Vacation.

Maybe this is cheating, but I count "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" as a show not a movie, otherwise it would definitely in my top 3 list...

I'm surprised so many love Christmas Vacation. I always feel like it's a guilty pleasure movie b/c it's so silly! ;))

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Love, Actually

A Holiday Affair (Robert Mitchum and Janet Leigh)

Its a Wonderful Life...of course!

And for those of you who want to cry on Christmas, All Mine to Give-- google it, the saddest Christmas movie ever!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Christmas Vacation is too hilarious not to love.

Arthur Christmas came out last year and is very cute/funny. We bought it this year on DVD.

I also love the Charlie Brown Christmas story, Home Alone 1 and 2, Elf, all 3 of the The Santa Claus movies, both Grinch movies (live action and cartoon), Jingle All the Way.

One of my new favorites? Christmas with the Kranks! Love it!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
audball|1354813445|3324278 said:
Christmas Vacation is too hilarious not to love!

Yeah, I saw it on sale for $7.99 and am thinking I should just buy it instead of hunting it down. IT's harder to find movies w/only redbox around now.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I would like to offer an alternative Christmas movie list. Christmas doesn't take centre stage, and some of these are definitely not for kids, but I love watching the less typical stuff during the holiday season. I would strongly recommend checking some of these out if you are looking to change things up this year:

Millions

Joyeux Noel

Eastern promises

The shop around the corner

In Bruges

Meet me in St Louis

Trading places

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
So many new ones for me on this thread. I better get watching!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1354775812|3323891 said:

:lol: This is always the FIRST movie I think of when anyone mentions Christmas. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results