color
clarity

Your 2016 Bling Project?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

Happy new year!

I thought it would be fun to start a thread on sharing what your 2016 bling project(s) are at the beginning of the year, and see where we end up at the end of the year, and maybe do check ins along the way. I think it's funny and interesting how our tastes/priorities/circumstances change and how we end up feeling about it. Maybe not buying the thing that you had wanted for a while turned out to be a good decision. Ok, I will start.

I'm currently craving a full eternity of 30 pointers thanks to my five stone. There are definitely pros and cons of going that route and I will see if I can think more clearly after some time has passed, after the initial infatuation has died down. There is also a Cartier piece that I have admired for several years now, but struggle mightily justifying it. All purchases will have to wait but I love the planning part. :bigsmile:

What are you all thinking about? :Up_to_something:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fun! :appl:

I've posted elsewhere, but here are mine:

- 2 Cartier Love bracelets, one YG no diamond and one WG with four diamonds
- upgrade my IDJ 20 pt bracelet to one with 40 pts
- have started saving for my honker, an 8-10ct EC

There are other things, but those are on the top of my list. And I've wanted them for so long, they'd better happen in 2016! ;))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1453001103|3977072 said:
Resetting my chrysoberyl w/Erika.

packrat, can't wait to see that. I would love to see more of Erika's settings here.

Phoenix said:
How fun! :appl:

I've posted elsewhere, but here are mine:

- 2 Cartier Love bracelets, one YG no diamond and one WG with four diamonds
- upgrade my IDJ 20 pt bracelet to one with 40 pts
- have started saving for my honker, an 8-10ct EC

There are other things, but those are on the top of my list. And I've wanted them for so long, they'd better happen in 2016! ;))

Oh boy!! So fun! Can't wait...

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got a few things lined up.

I'm setting my mother's marquise in a gold solitaire setting.

I've got a blue zircon pendant in the works. I cant decide if I'll keep that for myself or that's also a gift for my mother. It was originally to be mind, but I may have to replace if with my 3rd project...

I purchased a large cool topaz I plan to set in a simple gld pendant. Maybe bezeled who knows

Then lastly I would really like to get one good colored stone ring that I like wearing every day. I think that may mean a gypsy set ring, or maybe a plain shank antique style halo....either way,that bit is more of a work in progress, the first three are already in various stages of "in the works"

picsart_14.jpg

picsart_01-14-04.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1453001103|3977072 said:
Resetting my chrysoberyl w/Erika.

You're living my dream currently. There's a chrysoberyl I've had my eye on for some time but the hubby thinks its too much money. If I where to get it, Erika has the exact setting I want it in

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a big birthday coming up and although I have lots of pretty jewellery pieces I'd love a perfectly cut round diamond, just to top off my collection! Not sure the budget will stand a very big one but maybe a .8-.9 ct ACA in a pendant?? Apart from that, I have an aquamarine ring that DH gave me- the stone is badly cut with a huge window, I'm on the hunt for a beautifully cut, nicely coloured one to replace it with......

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will probably do nothing this year...hubby's job is a little lean right now..but if it straightens out and he doesn't get laid off then I will probably buy the tiffany wedding band that I have wanted for years...and maybe just maybe reset my diamond 5 stone ring, I did a semi custom reset last year..but it did not turn out the way I wanted and frankly I am very disappointed with it which is why I have not shared it on here....

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My goal for this year is a large OEC (10 mm). I have a few sales in motion of other items to facilitate this, and I'm hopeful that it will come to fruition. :Up_to_something: Then of course I have to worry about the setting. My long-term goals include a blingy eternity/5-stone ring and larger diamond studs. These are VERY long-term.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shall concentrate on setting my CS purchases in 2015, mainly rings, perhaps a bangle too.

I am going to LA in July/August to attend the annual get-together for pearl enthusiasts, a trip that was 4 years in the planning. And yes, there will be a budget for pearl purchases. :naughty:

As for CS purchases, I only have one confirmed at the mo, a 6ct+ EC Aquamarine by Jeff White.

I may, just "may", have my near 2ct MRB from my mum re-cut by a renowned cutter into a super-ideal, pending on fund availability, as the trip to LA has soaked up a very large chunk of my savings!

DK :))

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I would like to get three of my stones set this year. All of them will likely be in custom settings & of course I can't make a decision how to set them. I've pinned hundreds of idea's in the last couple of weeks.

1. A FIY .57 Pear diamond, I plan on a Toi el Moi for this, in memory of my dad.

2. My dream tsav, a cushion I bought from Prima last month. Either a halo or three stone.

3. My Burma red spinel from the TGT. I've had this for over a year. I'm thinking double diamond halo.

Budget willing I'll get these set in 2016. No other projects for me. The burma spinel may have to wait until 2017, if my other two settings are too pricey.

I also would love to upgrade my studs & get a full asscher eternity band but that will be a long way off.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
1) Find my holy grail antique cushion (GIA H/I) and have it set in an Erika Winters masterpeice.
2) Possibly finally get my ears pierced and get a pair of antique diamond dangles
3) Obtain an antique diamond with SBF maybe set it in a pendant?
4) Find a set of antique french cuts/modified antique step cuts and set them in a band, another PSer found an actual antique band and I am coveting it SO hard.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One Official Project

1.5 ct diamond Huggies (I should have held on the the beauties I bought from Phoenix). :nono: another project was haunting me. Need to sell my Roberto Coin to help fund which may make the purchase 2.0 cts.

Unofficial not sure project. :Up_to_something: :naughty:

My 2.0 ct BGB in VC Evelyn has been a victim of DSS! Do I halo or sell and start from scratch. Trying not to be too hasty but it's been on my mind for a couple months. It's the dreaded PS disease. :-o

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resonance.Of.Life|1453065640|3977229 said:
1) Find my holy grail antique cushion (GIA H/I) and have it set in an Erika Winters masterpeice.
2) Possibly finally get my ears pierced and get a pair of antique diamond dangles
4) Find a set of antique french cuts/modified antique step cuts and set them in a band, another PSer found an actual antique band and I am coveting it SO hard.

This is the best list!
happy holy grail adventure to you

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only one project for the year - upgrade the studs. I'd like to go from 7mm to 7.5mm stones. Hopefully, that'll be a good forever size but most likely just wishful thinking :bigsmile:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Set my 1.36 OEC into a pendant. I've had it for a couple of years, & really want to set it into a BGD Barbara pendant. I just can't decide whether or not to bezel it, & if I go w/ the bezel, whether to add migraine or not. Analysis paralysis.

Last, I have a weight loss goal, & IF (self imposed) I hit it, I will get a new watch. & then the decisions: 31mm or 36mm. 2 tone or white. Diamond bezel or not. White face or mother of pearl. It's making me crazy. Analysis paralysis again. Story of my life. :doh: :wall:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Jimmianne|1453070301|3977259 said:
Resonance.Of.Life|1453065640|3977229 said:

This is the best list!
happy holy grail adventure to you

Thanks! ^_^ it is certainly a challenge to obtain #1 esp in the 3-4 carat range.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea LLJsmom! I like seeing everyone's lists.

For me:
#1 It's waiting out there somewhere - I just have to find it
#2 upgrade my blue sapphire and or setting for the sapphire
#3 upgrade orange sapphire
#4 get some earring jackets for 4mm round studs
#5 4 - 5 mm platinum diamond band

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a fun topic! I love reading about everyone's goals :)

My 2016 projects are actually going to be completed by the end of February. They have been a LONG time coming, and will be my last bling purchases for at LEAST a few years. Even though they are all very small budget projects, it has taken a long time to come to fruition.

The first is a RHR with a ton of sentimentality, using small diamonds and a sapphire that I have collected over a span of about 8 years, a few being gifted by mom and husband. It's being made by a jeweler local to me who also made my engagement ring. The CAD is done, so just a waiting game now.

The second is a pedant, which also has a lot of sentiment wrapped into it. White and pink diamonds that I have also collected over time. The setting is being made by David Klass!! Super excited to have a piece done by him after seeing all the beautiful pieces here on "Show me the bling". CAD also just got finalized on this one.

The third is a new wedding band. I scored an excellent find on a 1ct baguette diamond band in platinum. But it's very thin and the stones are shifting, and will not survive normal wear. So I'm having it rebuilt, also by David Klass, and adding hand engraving and milgrain.

I'm so excited to finally have them done, and can't wait to share!
Also very excited to see everyone else's goals accomplished, they all sound magnificent :appl:

Edited to add: I forgot about a pair of earrings I'm hoping to have made, dangles with Peridot and diamond, but I'm not sure if it'll happen in 2016 after all the other projects I have happening.

littlegnome

Rough_Rock
This is gonna be a big year for me, gonna get engaged and married (we're eloping)!!! So here are my projects:

-Setting my light blue green sapphire in an e/w rose gold bezel RHR
-Setting my green tourmaline in an e/w rose gold bezel pendant
-Hopefully get a .6~1ct ACA and set it in my I Gorman solitaire lookalike
-Get David Klass to make me a Cartier LOVE bracelet in rose gold for my wedding/graduation, possibly with pink diamonds or sapphires
-2ctw H&A studs (undecided about settings)

and BONUS wish list item
A FIY antique cushion in a yellow diamond halo

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
-Currently resetting my pear engagement ring with DK.
-I have ordered a 1.4 ctw 7 stone from IDJ to replace my 5 stone.
-Planning on setting a 1.06 OEC
-Will need to get a wedding band to go with my new engagement ring.

Phew...I think that's it!

Edit - Bonus items if I can fit them into my budget...
- small diamond braclet from BuleNile
- small yellow gold hoop earrings

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only one for me right now. I NEED [ :lol: ] a ruby ring to go with the ruby and diamond bracelet I got for Christmas.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy|1453085304|3977351 said:
Great idea LLJsmom! I like seeing everyone's lists.

For me:
#1 It's waiting out there somewhere - I just have to find it
#2 upgrade my blue sapphire and or setting for the sapphire
#3 upgrade orange sapphire
#4 get some earring jackets for 4mm round studs
#5 4 - 5 mm platinum diamond band

Marcy, I love your number 1 pick--good one!! :lol: :lol: Hope you are doing well! :wavey:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't done a bling thing in a couple of years. I was rummaging in my jewelry drawer and found a moonstone I bought a few years ago that I'd like to have set in a pendant with my grandmother's diamond. At first I wanted to keep it simple but then found this setting and haven't decided yet which way to go. I have a 3-stone ACA necklace that I don't wear much and have been contemplating turning it into a ring.

jamie_wolf_moonstone.jpeg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I always like these lists! I bought a few stones in 2015 but no finished pieces. GASP! This year, I would love to:

1. Set my ruby (1.1ct unheated elongated cushion from the fantastic OTL) in a YG bezel from BGD.
2. Upgrade my earrings!! I'd love 6.5mm+ each, I or J color, eye clean, ideal cut. Set in JbG's clover setting. I really want these to be my forever studs, so I might end up saving for another year to get a wowza size. :)
3. Collect a few more color stones for an eventual long CSBTY.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get a rose gold wedding band. That's it!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover|1453038251|3977174 said:
I will probably do nothing this year...hubby's job is a little lean right now..but if it straightens out and he doesn't get laid off then I will probably buy the tiffany wedding band that I have wanted for years...and maybe just maybe reset my diamond 5 stone ring, I did a semi custom reset last year..but it did not turn out the way I wanted and frankly I am very disappointed with it which is why I have not shared it on here....

Aw, how disappointing! Is there any recourse? Can the vendor re-do it maybe?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun thread!! I was going to start one about realistic wish lists, but this is kinda the same really. How fun! I think the idea of making our lists at the beginning of the year and then checking back a year later is fantastic!

I have a lot of jewelry, so I'm going to try to hold back a little. Here's my list with photos. Titles of pieces bolded for easy reading. Spread across three posts so all photos can be included.Trying to keep it modest:

- Preloved silver Tiffany linked hearts necklace with an 18k YG heart at the front, currently available.
- Necklace at my local mineral store, silver, a line of blue topazes set in silver stars with a silver sun and a silver moon at each end. No photo as it's one-of-a-kind.
- Silver Tiffany Enchant butterfly necklace
- Maybe this new pendant from Blue Nile which is a green amethyst emerald-cut stone surrounded by peridots.
- Green quartz and diamond heart Grace necklace from Kiki McDonough in YG. Photo shows round stone but they have an elegant heart-shape option too.

heart_necklace.jpg

enchant_butterfly.jpg

green_quartz_pendant.jpg

like_this_but_with_heart-shape_stone.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To continue:

- Tahitian pistachio pearl drop earrings, Tahitianpearls.biz
- South Sea 11mm pearls on drop leverbacks so large pearl floats just below ear, tahitianpearls.biz
- Pearl drops in YG from Kiki McDonough
- Lavender amethyst and diamond WG Large Bee necklace from Kiki McDonough. This would be a custom order. The one I already have has disappeared from their site, so I'm not sure if they still make it. Imagine the photo below with diamond wings as shown, but all in 18k white gold with a lavender amethyst body.

pistachio_tahitian_drops.jpg

south_sea_leverback_pearls.jpg

pearl_drops.jpg

bee_-_this_in_white_gold_and_lavender_amethyst.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
- Possibly peridot and diamond Grace studs from Kiki McDonough, or lavender amethyst ones. Both photos below.
- And something I am really struggling with: Having bought the inexpensive version of the square cushion gem drops on hoops, I'm wondering whether to treat myself to the real thing from Kiki in YG and lavender amethyst. My alternatives are extremely pretty, all real, and were about a tenth of the price of the Kiki ones, so I might have to resist. Sigh.

And finally, may I just say how much I love this Kiki peridot heart? It's almost 3.3k in US dollars though, which I really feel is extortionate for a semi-precious stone such as peridot and low diamond weight, plus I already have a beautiful peridot heart pendant that I love. So this item shouldn't really be on the list but I just wanted to share, for swooning purposes.

grace_ear_peridot_yg_1_1.jpg

lavender_am_yellow_gold.jpg

lavender_3.jpg

peridot_heart.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results