shape
carat
color
clarity

You know you''re a true PS''er when....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''ll start.
10.gif

You know you''re a true PS''er when...

You''re informed you are moving to a new office and you obsess over your desk placement in order to produce maximum bling wattage.
9.gif

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
When you tell your optometrist that your starting having trouble seeing bling so are getting an eye exam. :{

Reading glasses or bi-focals bleh! Happy 40th(24th) bleh!

getting old bleh!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
You wake up smiling one fairly recent morning still fresh from a dream that you actually met a PS vendor to discuss having old pearls restrung and adding a haloed sapphire brooch.

You meet a girl at your new job with a lovely cushion solitaire. You exclaim "wow, what a lovely cushion!". She stares back blankly. She has no idea what a cushion is - just that her diamond is "round-sqarish".

You cringe when a friend says "I''d love the Diana style engagement ring. You know, with the little diamonds all around that dark black stone with some blue in it."

Ah, we are a different breed.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
... cavities are nothing to do with a lack of flossing
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know you are a true PS''er when you can guess to within a few points the size of someones diamond.
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
When you have a nightmare that your Leon e-ring is falling apart due to porosity in the platnium and your in a panic trying to think of an Aussie vendor that can replicate the claws because you can''t send it back to NY - this was my nightmare 3 nights ago lol.

Also when you carry a loupe in your bag just in case
3.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
When you actually say "DH" instead of "hubby, husband, etc"

You offer to clean your friend''s bling. Dirty diamonds are BAD!

When you see a really nice ring, and wonder if it''s a PSer''s.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
You acknowledge an anniversary and it has nothing to do with wedding or dating.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
...when you will, apparently, fight to the death with your mother, over the phone, about whether it''s really necessary to look at only VVS clarity diamonds, when you know an eye-clean SI1 will get you more size for the same price!
31.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 4:10:50 AM
Author: Karl_K
When you tell your optometrist that your starting having trouble seeing bling so are getting an eye exam. :{

Reading glasses or bi-focals bleh! Happy 40th(24th) bleh!

getting old bleh!

Karl- I was going to say "You know you''re a real PSer when you get your eyes dilated and the only thing you can think about is -My GOD what if eyes never go back to normal?! I can''t see my diamonds anymore!!!!!
32.gif
"

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
You know you think of PS as a family when the topic of pregnant friends and new babies comes up with a co-worker, and you HAVE to show her all the ridiculously cute PSer babies!!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
When you coworker tells you they are going to start looking for engagement rings, shows you a picture from a lame BM store christmas sale catalog that estimates the tcw of the ring and you are rendered speechless...not because the ring is nice, but you can''t think of one positive thing to say about the purchase they are gooing to make.
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif
14.gif
27.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 10:31:10 AM
Author: ladyciel
You know you think of PS as a family when the topic of pregnant friends and new babies comes up with a co-worker, and you HAVE to show her all the ridiculously cute PSer babies!!

LOL oh no, I so do this!

You know you''re a PSer when...
maul store rings make you cringe - especially when your friend is wearing it.
you can''t watch QVC anymore because all the stones have windows.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
You know you''re a PSer when you tell your dh "the funniest thing happened today!" and when he asks "what was that" you always start the story with "well on pricescope..." lol

bebe

Ideal_Rock
You cringe when someone says they are going ER shopping, you quickly give them the address to PS !!
I just did this a few weeks ago.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 11:29:54 AM
Author: Smurfyimproved
You know you''re a PSer when you tell your dh ''the funniest thing happened today!'' and when he asks ''what was that'' you always start the story with ''well on pricescope...'' lol
Lol, I do that too!

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
when you bring your jewelry cleaner, cloth, soft toothbrush and (can''t forget!) canned air to work and give your coworkers a "how to" lesson on diamond cleaning
31.gif

My coworker wears CZ rings because they''re bigger then her origianl diamond - THEN she slathers lotion all over her hands and rings so that all you see is this huge, ugly, lotion covered CZ that she wants to have pass as a diamond
38.gif
. Oh my!
14.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When you give gemology lessons to the salespeople of a fancy jewelry store and take your own gems for them to see. (one of the vendors is in love with demantoid now and I am working on the salesgirls passion for spess)

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 12:17:11 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
When you give gemology lessons to the salespeople of a fancy jewelry store and take your own gems for them to see. (one of the vendors is in love with demantoid now and I am working on the salesgirls passion for spess)
yes! ......and the sales person now says Moh''s scale and not Noah''s scale

LGK

Ideal_Rock
When you lose weight and are all excited because you lose two ring sizes and your diamond-to-finger coverage ratio is much better. Nevermind how many clothing sizes were lost- unimportant!

jfan

Rough_Rock
...when you walk down the street with your head down -- not because you're sad or are having a bad day but because you are looking at the hand of EVERY woman that walks by you in hopes of catching a glimpse of their bling.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
......when you have the mailman''s cell phone number so that if you miss that special package, you can call him up and meet him in route!
9.gif

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
When you visit the all of the local B&M jewelers, and sadly realize there's not a d*mned thing there that you'd like to take home.

When you look at some of your co-workers' cloudy big dead diamonds and feel a little embarrassed that you have better.

When you upgrade, twice, without shame.
9.gif

When Todd Gray's story about the trip to Tiffany's sticks in you mind. And you laugh.

When you'll argue for hours about whether J color is/isn't suitable for an engagement ring.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your husband rolls his eyes every time you bring up PS and also when your kids think PS is a video game.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
when you spend 15 minutes sitting on the porch taking fire shots of your bling and agonize over the fact that you can''t upload them because your laptop is broken.
39.gif
I think I''m going to go over to my neighbors and borrow her computer.
41.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you spend alot of time on here waiting for new bling to be posted so you can oggle it
27.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 1:58:50 PM
Author: diamondrnglover
When you spend alot of time on here waiting for new bling to be posted so you can oggle it
27.gif
Ahahaha DRL, I swear I keep thinking of ways to get them uploaded. It''s killlllling me.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2009 2:00:02 PM
Author: miraclesrule

Date: 11/21/2009 1:58:50 PM
Author: diamondrnglover
27.gif
Ahahaha DRL, I swear I keep thinking of ways to get them uploaded. It''s killlllling me.
Cant wait
31.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 1:48:44 PM
Author: mochi
......when you have the mailman''s cell phone number so that if you miss that special package, you can call him up and meet him in route!
9.gif

Ha ha ha ha ha Mochi, you are too funny. I would too, if I had your gorgeous collection.
36.gif
36.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...When you know the hardness of the various Platinum alloys on the Vickers scale by memory.

...When you use terms like shank, melee, table, crown angle, fishtail pave, depth, lower girdle facets, and spread without thinking twice, and everyone else looks at you like you''re speaking a foreign language!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results