color
clarity

You know you're a PSer when . . .

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stargurl78|1340023611|3218641 said:
I must admit, I *might* do a few of the things mentioned in this thread :lol:

Yes, I admit to doing a *few* of the things mentioned in this thread as well. :bigsmile:

Checking out the bling on everyone who crosses my path; literally dreaming of jewelry almost every week-last night was just another vivid jewelry dream; obsessively checking JbEG, DB, DBL, ebay etc. for an amazing, cannot pass it up deal...the list goes on and on.

Also, obsessing over the next jewelry purchase even before the new one has arrived!! :cheeky:
Which is very bad because I have just used up my jewelry purchases through November 2012 (recently purchased 3 pieces for the occasions Cinco de Mayo, bday (August) and anniversary (November) and not sure how my dh might feel about me starting holidays 2012 purchase just yet...but there are a *few* more baubles I really really need... :naughty:

Oh, if only real life expenses would stop getting in my way!! ;(

ETA: great thread Haven-it's good to know we are not alone in our pursuit of bling. :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...when someone refers to GOG, AVC, AVR, WF, BGD, JA, JbEG, DBL, and ERD and you know exactly what all those mean. And no, it's not a foreign language. ;-)

...when your web browser history has all the aforementioned sites in it.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
...when you wake up thinking about bling and fall asleep thinking about bling.

...when your DH doesn't even bat an eye when you talk about your next big purchase.

...when you goad and cajole loved ones into buying better pieces or re-setting their current diamonds.

...when you buy most of your gifts for loved ones from Diamond Bistro.

...when your most elaborate Pinterest board is the one for jewelry.

...when you have a 'bling budget.'

And I definitely also notice women's jewelry before anything else! I work with a few women who have some nice things and I just ogle their jewelry during meetings. :cheeky:

Oh, and one more: when you see license plates with the letters GOG, AVC, etc., you immediately think of jewelry. Better yet, a few weeks ago, I saw a gold Cadillac SUV with the vanity plate '18karat' and pointed it out to my DH, who also thought it was pretty awesome. :bigsmile:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1340023810|3218643 said:
When your twins are born in April and you know automatically that means Diamonds for a birth stone. :lol:
Haha! Is it bad that I wish my daughter had been born in April for the same reason? Maybe next time ;))

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1339905747|3218030 said:
You change seats on the Metro/subway/library/doctor's office...etc....to get a better look at someobes's jewelry :-o

But this is normal! I mean, everyone does this...right?

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Maisie|1339877574|3217823 said:
You know you're a PS'er when you are introduced to a woman and the first thing you do is look to see if she is wearing bling.

I'm embarassed t admit I did this way before I discovered PS.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1339962502|3218312 said:
...when the first thing you do when you wake up, and the last thing you do before bed, is check PS for new posts!!! (Not that *I* do that, I'm just throwin' it out there cuz I'm sure there are *other people* who do.... :oops: ;)) )

Very true. :bigsmile:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Echidna|1339917525|3218102 said:
Gypsy|1339915886|3218091 said:
Echidna|1339914409|3218083 said:
Gypsy|1339910934|3218071 said:
:oops: When Gary Holloway brings an ASET scope to a PS GTG and you fall in love and realize you simply cannot live without it and then you bat your eyelashes at him until he agrees to give it you, then you beg some more and get John Pollard on your side so that you can justify taking his lighting box for the ASET too. :oops: Not that I resemble that remark or anything.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Admittedly, I had BEG, Neatfreak, Clairtek and jstarfireb over tonight and for the first 20 minutes they were here we were all using the ASET on our bling. It was very enlightening! So it's not like it's not getting lots of love.

Sounds like my idea of a good time!

It was fun. I love having so many wonderful friends close by. And I'm grateful PS has allowed me to meet so many wonderful people.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1340047682|3218840 said:
Echidna|1339917525|3218102 said:
Gypsy|1339915886|3218091 said:
Echidna|1339914409|3218083 said:
Gypsy|1339910934|3218071 said:
:oops: When Gary Holloway brings an ASET scope to a PS GTG and you fall in love and realize you simply cannot live without it and then you bat your eyelashes at him until he agrees to give it you, then you beg some more and get John Pollard on your side so that you can justify taking his lighting box for the ASET too. :oops: Not that I resemble that remark or anything.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Admittedly, I had BEG, Neatfreak, Clairtek and jstarfireb over tonight and for the first 20 minutes they were here we were all using the ASET on our bling. It was very enlightening! So it's not like it's not getting lots of love.

Sounds like my idea of a good time!

It was fun. I love having so many wonderful friends close by. And I'm grateful PS has allowed me to meet so many wonderful people.

Gypsy- what state are you guys in?

you know you're a PSer when you have discussions in your head about how to approach your significant other with buying yet another gemstones or diamond beause you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE IT AND THEN POST IT ON PS! I always loved that button that said "this thread is worthless without pictures!"

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know you're a PSer when you plan holidays that include a PS GTG, just so you can meet your 'friends' and see the bling IRL!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1340052082|3218925 said:
Gypsy- what state are you guys in?

Northern CA. We have about 30 or so PSers up here. If I had to estimate on all of us. I'm lucky that several have become close personal friends as well.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
... you almost drive off the road studying your ring when your hand is at the top of the steering wheel.... :-o more dangerous than texting while driving....

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...when your computer desktop has saved folders full of bling/inspiration ring pics you saved from PS!

I think my own laptop currently has 4 folders full of ring pics on it.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
You take the longer route home so you can drive east instead of south allowing you to catch the sun on your bling...even though you almost crash when your distracted by it. :saint:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to admit it, but I make loud "tsk" noises, snort & cough and do this :rolleyes: a lot when I'm in a B&M store and the sales clerk is giving a young couple a bucket full of bull about a piece of asphalt she's trying to sell them in an engagement ring. I really hate to see people ripped off -- if you want asphalt, that's ok as long you know that's what you're buying and what you should be paying for it. I have interfered a few times in a roundabout way by asking the clerk questions which clued the hapless couple in about what was going on. I used to feel bad about doing that but I got over it.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your husband already knows the answer to "So, what do you want for your birthday/anniversary/Christmas, etc... this year?!" More bling, of course!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
*you're. UGH, I hate my typos.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
...when you dream of finding (*insert incredibly rare expensive gemstone here*) in a junk/garage sale and no one knowing it's real so you buy it for (*insert crazy cheap price*) and walk away quivering with excitement thinking of how you are going to set said stone! :lol:

Hubby even said I was mubbling about gemstones in my sleep the other night! :oops: So disappointing in the morning though.... :(sad

Oh and when you struggle to give positive feedback on sh*tty mall jewellery that you just KNOW was a complete rip-off! Everyone in my family knows I'm a jewellery/gem freak so they rush up to me and ask for approval for the latest cr*p they bought/were given and can never understand why I'm less than overwhelmed..... Ask me about it BEFORE you buy it!!! :errrr:

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
...when you physically cringe at hearing someone say (or in my case, read on another forum) 'oh diamonds are just little bits of carbon, who cares. Cubic zirconias are just as good and so much cheaper! I don't care about the 4Cs, it's just a marketing scam anyway.'

*shudder* :nono: :rolleyes:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
... you have more photos of your jewellry/stones/diamonds on your computer/iphone or camera memory card, than you do of your family! :nono:

I realized today, when looking to send a family photo to a friend, I don't have ANY!!! All my current shots are of my jewels!!! OMG!! :shock: I must go meet my children, remind myself what they look like again...

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1341539098|3229267 said:
... you have more photos of your jewellry/stones/diamonds on your computer/iphone or camera memory card, than you do of your family! :nono:

I realized today, when looking to send a family photo to a friend, I don't have ANY!!! All my current shots are of my jewels!!! OMG!! :shock: I must go meet my children, remind myself what they look like again...
Hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

I encountered the same issue the last time I looked at my pictures.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its a combination of insanely addicted to bling and being a terrible parent! Kind of sick, isn't it??? I'm embarrassed!!! :oops:

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
When you wait graciously in the ladies room at work to wait for the corner stall to be available because it is the only one with great recessed lighting that's good for bling.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
....people catch you staring at your own hand sometimes, and ask "what's wrong?"

....you immediately point out someone's impressive bling from across a room to your SO, and they know exactly where to look.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
When you (and your hubby) know which restaurants and stores have incredible lighting that makes your own bling look spectactular. And you're surprised if you failed to notice, this time, how the bling performed. "How could I have been so unaware? Am I getting too used to my bling? Do I need more?"

When you are surprised that people (with great incomes and plenty of spendable cash) are still wearing a bit of crushed ice their husband bought 30-40 years ago for $200.00. We would have replaced it long ago. Well, keep it for sentimental reasons, of course. But wear it? Nah.

When you know that contact lens solution will also work for a quick-clean touch up when you're out somewhere.

When you will wash your hands while keeping your ring finger entirely dry except for the fingertips. No soap for our diamonds!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS|1341612242|3229764 said:
When you (and your hubby) know which restaurants and stores have incredible lighting that makes your own bling look spectactular. And you're surprised if you failed to notice, this time, how the bling performed. "How could I have been so unaware? Am I getting too used to my bling? Do I need more?"

When you are surprised that people (with great incomes and plenty of spendable cash) are still wearing a bit of crushed ice their husband bought 30-40 years ago for $200.00. We would have replaced it long ago. Well, keep it for sentimental reasons, of course. But wear it? Nah.

When you know that contact lens solution will also work for a quick-clean touch up when you're out somewhere.

When you will wash your hands while keeping your ring finger entirely dry except for the fingertips. No soap for our diamonds!

:lol: Holly, I could have written every single one of these! (except for the contact lens solution - didn't know that, thanks for the tip!) I'm an expert at washing only my fingertips, too funny!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
When you spend more time looking at your real estate agent's 5 stone OEC ring than the house you end up buying.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you measure your ears with digital calipers to see what size earrings would be most proportional.

When you used to say you preferred buying books but suddenly prefer getting them from the library in order to save up another $20 a week for bling... it adds up over time!

When your jeweler knows you by name.

When you start lecturing everyone you know on how they shouldn't be wearing their rings while [insert activity here, e.g. rock climbing, weight lifting, gardening, swimming]. And when they actually listen to you because "you know about these things."

When you can eyeball a diamond and guess its color, and the grading report matches your guess.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When your jewelers greet you with wine/champagne whenever you show up just to browse.
And more importantly they bring out all the new jewelry they received since your last visit for you to try on (and as you are trying on the new pieces they clean all the jewelry you are currently wearing) ! :appl:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1341633389|3229936 said:
When you measure your ears with digital calipers to see what size earrings would be most proportional.

When you used to say you preferred buying books but suddenly prefer getting them from the library in order to save up another $20 a week for bling... it adds up over time!

When your jeweler knows you by name.

When you start lecturing everyone you know on how they shouldn't be wearing their rings while [insert activity here, e.g. rock climbing, weight lifting, gardening, swimming]. And when they actually listen to you because "you know about these things."

When you can eyeball a diamond and guess its color, and the grading report matches your guess.

Yes! Almost all that!

All the salespeople in my favorite jewelry store know me by name, and my favorite saleslady is moving in town about 4 miles from me (from just a bit too far out) and we have all sorts of plans to get together and play outside of the jewelry relationship.

When your favorite saleslady ribs you mercilessly for knowing all the specs of your gems down to the last 1/100 of a mm, and slags you terribly when you bungle a guess of carat weight or color. ;-) Or rolls her eyes and giggles when you say something like, "Oh wow! An opposed bar cut!"

When those jewelry salespeople know they don't have to try to sell you anything, that a repeat customer - even if each purchase is smaller - is just as good as the one time shot, and so just let you browse, try on anything you like, and know eventually you're gonna crack all on your own. ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results