shape
carat
color
clarity

You know you're a PSer when . . .

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you're always researching what new is out there for sale, even if you're not in the market for new jewelry and then you end up buying anyway... :rolleyes:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
...when the first thing you do when you wake up, and the last thing you do before bed, is check PS for new posts!!! (Not that *I* do that, I'm just throwin' it out there cuz I'm sure there are *other people* who do.... :oops: ;)) )

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1339962502|3218312 said:
...when the first thing you do when you wake up, and the last thing you do before bed, is check PS for new posts!!! (Not that *I* do that, I'm just throwin' it out there cuz I'm sure there are *other people* who do.... :oops: ;)) )

+1... me either... :Up_to_something:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1339962947|3218317 said:

+1... me either... :Up_to_something:

:Up_to_something: :wink2: I know... I'm just putting it out there because there just MIGHT be crazy diamond people who do that kind of nutty stuff... clearly not you and I, Mayk! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know you are a PSer when you have had more than one diamond for your engagement ring and you likely have had multiple settings!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: Yeah Haven!! I was just thinking about starting a Part Two to this thread the other night!! GMTA!
I had been reading the old thread where you changed your doctor because she couldn't even see her own bad bling. That was so awesome!!

TGal!! That is classic!

Gypsy, I didn't know you walked out with the ASET! I have a picture of you using it though!!

...when you and another PS'er are so in synch, that she starts your thread for you!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
miraclesrule|1339972574|3218371 said:
:appl: :appl: Yeah Haven!! I was just thinking about starting a Part Two to this thread the other night!! GMTA!
I had been reading the old thread where you changed your doctor because she couldn't even see her own bad bling. That was so awesome!!

TGal!! That is classic!

Gypsy, I didn't know you walked out with the ASET! I have a picture of you using it though!!

...when you and another PS'er are so in synch, that she starts your thread for you!
LOVE IT! Love, love, love it!

These are all so true. I have another one:

You know you are a PSer when the first people you've "told" about your plans to get engaged, married, and pregnant were your Pricescope friends! Not to mention quit your job or buy a house. I was just thinking about it, and of all these milestones in my life, YOU have been the first people I've turned to to discuss them. (Well, DH heard an earful first for a couple of them . . . )

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
You guiltily turn on the TV for your 3 and 5 year old first thing in the morning just so you can relax with a cup of tea and check out RT and SMTB :naughty:

You only work two days a week but somehow manage to soak and scrub with a fine brush every single womans' ring in the office just so they look "as they should" - now thats just sad :oops: but I do it every week :???:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Maisie|1339877574|3217823 said:
You know you're a PS'er when you are introduced to a woman and the first thing you do is look to see if she is wearing bling.

....or when you can remember that woman's bling more so than her name.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
You know your imagination has been expanded by becoming more aware of just what is out there and you start to love rings in settings you had previously closed your mind to not liking.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
You thoroughly enjoy the threads that help people get an engagement ring on a tight budget because you think it's important that, not just rich people, are able to mark this special occasion with a gorgeous ring.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MizNina|1339975885|3218385 said:
You guiltily turn on the TV for your 3 and 5 year old first thing in the morning just so you can relax with a cup of tea and check out RT and SMTB :naughty:

You only work two days a week but somehow manage to soak and scrub with a fine brush every single womans' ring in the office just so they look "as they should" - now thats just sad :oops: but I do it every week :???:

OK how do you do this w/o looking absolutely NUTS to your coworkers? My coworker asked me how she should keep her fashion diamond ring clean (one of those design ones with a lot of tiny diamonds), since I "look like I would know this kind of stuff". I gave her suggestions and tips, and told her to keep isopropyl alcohol pads in her purse (we have a LOT in the hospital that we "borrow"). I then went and got one from a lab tech, and chased her down to "show her", AFTER she initiated this whole convo, and she looked at me like I was a psychotic! LOL!!

and I keep trying to suggest to my other coworker, who recently became engaged with a pave shanked setting, that she should actually clean it and take it off for applying lotion. When she borrowed my loupe, I even showed her the crud on her pave! And she still won't listen!!

How can I get along to give every woman's ring a bath in the office? Cus I would LOVE to.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
...you have a jewelry allowance.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
centralsquare|1339977045|3218390 said:
Maisie|1339877574|3217823 said:
You know you're a PS'er when you are introduced to a woman and the first thing you do is look to see if she is wearing bling.

....or when you can remember that woman's bling more so than her name.

Um. Yeah. That too.
The funny part is when DH knows exactly who I'm referring to. It's rubbing off on him!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is NOT one obsessive trait in this tread that describes you best....there 10 or 12 or 15 lovely obsessive traits and each one fits like a glove! :Up_to_something:

Enerchi.... I am just watching Preloved to make suggestions for you to buy...just looking out for you :naughty:

My other obsession...JbEG website to see which things have sold so I can give up lusting after them... So happy to see the big red sold on those baubles!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1339980641|3218418 said:
There is NOT one obsessive trait in this tread that describes you best....there 10 or 12 or 15 lovely obsessive traits and each one fits like a glove! :Up_to_something:

Enerchi.... I am just watching Preloved to make suggestions for you to buy...just looking out for you :naughty:

My other obsession...JbEG website to see which things have sold so I can give up lusting after them... So happy to see the big red sold on those baubles!

You are too kind, my dear! Thanks for putting yourself out like that!!! :wink2:

(so...whaddidya find??)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
You have a mental list of stones to reset...because you have many unset stones. I don't know anyone *in person* who just buys stones; everyone I know buys whole pieces of jewelry.

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock

Yup...*I* for one would never log onto RT/SMTB/CS using my phone (how did people survive pre smartphones???!!) even before I got out of bed to see who has new bling to show off. Nor would *I* constantly go back to said forums when I'm supposed to be working just in case somebody post something that needs my urgent viewing.

And *I* would definitely never bling stalk some random chick's ring and trying to guess the cut/colour/stats etc.

I mean, who does that??! :oops:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
^^^^

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"other people" do that kind of thing :wink2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never, in my wildest dreams, did I imagine I would have a jeweler (or two) on speed dial until I joined PS.

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
You know you're a PSer when you put on your sunglasses to ring perve without getting caught. Never mind that it's actually pouring with rain or the train you're in is actually in a tunnel. And obviously, that is something *I* don't do either... :naughty:

Or how about you know you're a PSer when PS doesn't actually stand for 'post script' .

or when yes, you know that DSS is a first world problem but it's still a problem dammit!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
You know you're a PSer when.... you are battering with your husband for the next jewelry purchase when you aren't even finished with the current purchase. :bigsmile:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
armywife13|1339992551|3218518 said:
You know you're a PSer when.... you are battering with your husband for the next jewelry purchase when you aren't even finished with the current purchase. :bigsmile:
Bartering not battering. Darn iPad!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1339996861|3218541 said:

HAHA! No no, battering sounds good ;-) JK!!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1340002939|3218564 said:

Hahaha.... Well, I suppose it would get the same end result, but then we would have the issue of my husband flinching every time I walk in the room. ;)) I would kind of, sort of like him to still like me after I spend lots of money on my bling! :halo:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1340005065|3218569 said:
madelise|1340002939|3218564 said:

Hahaha.... Well, I suppose it would get the same end result, but then we would have the issue of my husband flinching every time I walk in the room. ;)) I would kind of, sort of like him to still like me after I spend lots of money on my bling! :halo:

HAH! I snorted!

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
These are all great - love the sunglasses on train idea :)
I do the bling check thing, my FI, JM, can now pick up on my raised eyebrow 'check out that' look and knows what to look for.
Aaaand I had an awful nightmare before he gave me my engagement ring, that the table had more than half chipped off and he hadn't noticed and I couldn't bring myself to tell him.....
I love the OP's comment about helping people find something really good in their budget to mark such an important event. That was very nice, and true. You guys are the best when it comes to finding value for money and the time some P'Scopers spend helping people out is so generous.

Alcohol wipes huh? Would those wet wipes for cleaning glasses lenses work?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laughinggravy0|1340020304|3218615 said:
These are all great - love the sunglasses on train idea :)
I do the bling check thing, my FI, JM, can now pick up on my raised eyebrow 'check out that' look and knows what to look for.
Aaaand I had an awful nightmare before he gave me my engagement ring, that the table had more than half chipped off and he hadn't noticed and I couldn't bring myself to tell him.....
I love the OP's comment about helping people find something really good in their budget to mark such an important event. That was very nice, and true. You guys are the best when it comes to finding value for money and the time some P'Scopers spend helping people out is so generous.

Alcohol wipes huh? Would those wet wipes for cleaning glasses lenses work?

I used to be an optician, and I always used isopropyl alcohol to clean lenses. Those "for glasses" cleaners are usually just alcohol, fragrance and coloring.. But I'm betting that if they leave lenses streak free, it'd do the same for diamonds! ;-) but just buy bulk single packets of alcohol. It's much cheaper.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I must admit, I *might* do a few of the things mentioned in this thread :lol:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
When your twins are born in April and you know automatically that means Diamonds for a birth stone. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results