shape
carat
color
clarity

Women's March Jan 21, 2017

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
I'm on Amtrak headed to DC to participate in the Women's March on Washington tomorrow. Anyone else participating in the DC march or one of the many sisters marches being held all over the US and the world?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish. Don't live near enough to DC anymore. Good thoughts to all the intelligent women who will be there to represent.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I will be showing my support in Indianapolis tomorrow with several friends. I was complacent for far too long. I will no longer stand by and watch as women's rights continue to be unequal or eroded. I am very happy Pence is out of Indy, but now he's one tragedy away from being the POTUS? This aggression will not stand, to quote a famous Republicn (you're welcome, conservatives!)

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to have you with us in spirit Elliot86

Happy to know you are marching in Indianapolis, monarch64. Maybe we can post our impressions / experiences after the event

Our train just stopped at BWI airport and lots of woman just boarded. So exciting.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sungara, your excitement is contagious. Stay safe and be proud of yourself for being active. I will definitely come back and post about my experience, hopefully with pics! :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Godspeed, Sungura. :appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice work, everyone! I am unable to attend the march, but will be with everyone in spirit, and am proud of all who are attending!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ericad|1484957922|4117183 said:
My husband and I will be marching in Seattle!!!

My original hometown! HELL YESSSSSS, GO SEATTLE!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I won't be marching but as an american I say, go for it, its your constitutional right. I'm all for peaceful protest.

As an internet friend I say stay safe, and don't get arrested.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1485047619|4117841 said:
ericad|1484957922|4117183 said:
My husband and I will be marching in Seattle!!!

I would love to hear about your day Erica.

I would, too. And also yours, Sungura.

Deb :wavey:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I did not as our weather today was crap and I would have had my one year old in tow, with that said, I proudly watched many of my friends, family, and colleagues all around the country! Hopefully our message is received that we will not be marginalized.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
What an inspiring, MASSIVE turnout, literally worldwide!! Amazing!! Estimated 2.5 MILLION at last count.

Sister marches in Amsterdam, Britain, Australia; here in the US everywhere from Alaska to Alabama. Some of my favorites from today:

_6435.jpeg

_6436.jpeg

_6437.jpeg

_6438.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must say that the photos are inspiring, katharath. Although I did not consider marching today,I just spent some time looking up old political protests in which I was involved. One site led me to another and that one to another. I was deeply involved in one march on April 10, 1971. It was a women's march on the Pentagon against US involvement in Vietnam and Cambodia; racism; and sexism. I kept trying to find more information on it, but couldn't. I did find a lot of information on other things I had forgotten, though!

AGBF

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1485052518|4117871 said:
Great pic from today:

I love this photo! That was one of the things I enjoyed about the march in Sacramento. It included men and women of all ages, and a whole lot of children!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
*OOPS, sorry AGBF - I meant to quote your reply but forgot - so I'm just editing this in, lol *

That is fascinating, Deb. I have to admit that while I've been liberal since my early teens (despite being born in the South to religious parents!), it's only been in the last 5/6 years that I've started to become downright obsessed with politics. I have so much respect for people like you - those who stand up so strongly for their beliefs, leading the way.

I was not able to march today, and I'm so proud (and jealous!!) of those that were. I found the pics very inspiring. It's taken me all day to get my excitement level toned down, lol!!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1485056384|4117898 said:
katharath|1485052518|4117871 said:
Great pic from today:

I love this photo! That was one of the things I enjoyed about the march in Sacramento. It included men and women of all ages, and a whole lot of children!

Yes!! That's why I loved this pic too, I thought it illustrated the inclusiveness well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results