shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you be watching Trump's inauguration on Jan. 20th?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Tekate|1484861839|4116655 said:
ruby59|1484853768|4116584 said:
part gypsy|1484853262|4116577 said:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-38635518

I wasn't thinking of watching it, but this tv guide description sounds entertaining (From Scottish BBC)

And if you think Trump has the highest IQ of any president, and Obama the lowest, I have this amazing bridge that happens to be for sale.[/quote

http://wizzed.com/24-u-s-presidents-and-their-iqs-trumps-iq-will-shock-you/3/

Trump - 156 IQ
Obama - 102 IQ

This is a site, that was run by a 17 year old kid from England... I would call this FAKE news.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Presidential_IQ_hoax

There was an estimation that Obama's IQ was 145, but unless he releases his IQ number (and if he even knows it) we have no idea of his or Trumps IQ.

I am frankly surprised you would even believe that he had an IQ of 102.. and actually 102 is totally average.. but it doesn't usually get you into Columbia or Harvard.

Do you actually believe everyone is accepted into college based on SAT scores and college rank? Alot of those who should be there are not accepted as well as those who should not be are.

I am not that familiar with the older Obama Girl but do you really think that she was that smart to be accepted at every Ivy league school If she was not the President's daughter, do you think that would have happened.

The year myeldest daughter applied to Brown, she was put on a waiting list. Yet Emma Watson was accepted. She took up a seat and then promptly dropped out.

I got an eye opener when my kids applied.

Yes 102 is average, but shouldn't a seated President's IQ be well above average?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1484860377|4116646 said:
redwood66|1484856662|4116617 said:
I have to say that my son and I were having a moment this morning. We both looked at each other and said basically - I can't believe that Donald J. Trump is going to be president at noon tomorrow. It is surreal. While I do not share all the doom and gloom that so many seem to have, it is still surreal. I would have never thought we would be in this place. It tells me that many feel we were in a far worse place than I thought. I believe the other choice was no better and we might have continued that downward spiral toward globalism and weakness - which so many are against. This is a different choice for sure. Fight it all you want but it will happen tomorrow.

My best to all of you to handle this in a dignified manner. Anarchy is much worse and most of you wouldn't like how that would turn out.

I am in the same boat as you, red. It is certainly surreal, but I'm not fighting it. In fact, a large group of us are engaging in an acts of kindness day tomorrow, which I feel is far more productive than marching in pantsuits, complaining/whining, and shouting about how the sky is falling....

As far as the inauguration is concerned, I've read reports and seen videos of folks planning to protest, disrupt, and/or downright terrorize the inauguration. How pathetic and sad. I hope everyone stays safe because I don't care which side of the political spectrum you're on.

Well, I'm going to a rally against Trump, I had thought of going to Washington and was going to but then I had two dental implants put in yesterday and decided against the drive to DC.

Surreal, it's illegitimate. I will fight till my death for the integrity of my country and for honesty and fairness. People have a right to demonstrate, wasn't Trump the one that said "lock her up" and agitated people? they are all safe, there's no reason to think that this is anarchy or that fellow Americans will shoot each other..

It's hard to stay unafraid I will say that in America with all the nutcases and their guns.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1484862257|4116658 said:
I have to say that my son and I were having a moment this morning. We both looked at each other and said basically - I can't believe that Donald J. Trump is going to be president at noon tomorrow. It is surreal. While I do not share all the doom and gloom that so many seem to have, it is still surreal. I would have never thought we would be in this place. It tells me that many feel we were in a far worse place than I thought. I believe the other choice was no better and we might have continued that downward spiral toward globalism and weakness - which so many are against. This is a different choice for sure. Fight it all you want but it will happen tomorrow.

My best to all of you to handle this in a dignified manner. Anarchy is much worse and most of you wouldn't like how that would turn out.

I am in the same boat as you, red. It is certainly surreal, but I'm not fighting it. In fact, a large group of us are engaging in an acts of kindness day tomorrow, which I feel is far more productive than marching in pantsuits, complaining/whining, and shouting about how the sky is falling....

As far as the inauguration is concerned, I've read reports and seen videos of folks planning to protest, disrupt, and/or downright terrorize the inauguration. How pathetic and sad. I hope everyone stays safe because I don't care which side of the political spectrum you're on.

Well, I'm going to a rally against Trump, I had thought of going to Washington and was going to but then I had two dental implants put in yesterday and decided against the drive to DC.

Surreal, it's illegitimate. I will fight till my death for the integrity of my country and for honesty and fairness. People have a right to demonstrate, wasn't Trump the one that said "lock her up" and agitated people? they are all safe, there's no reason to think that this is anarchy or that fellow Americans will shoot each other..

It's hard to stay unafraid I will say that in America with all the nutcases and their guns.

Have fun T.

BTW you have a much higher chance of being hit by a drunk driver than shot by a nutcase with a gun. Most gun owners are not nutcases and you probably don't even know they have them.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1484854736|4116605 said:
ruby59|1484854293|4116597 said:
part gypsy|1484853958|4116589 said:

I wasn't thinking of watching it, but this tv guide description sounds entertaining (From Scottish BBC)

And if you think Trump has the highest IQ of any president, and Obama the lowest, I have this amazing bridge that happens to be for sale.[/quote

Trump - 156 IQ
Obama - 102 IQ

:lol: at least we know the type of person who spreads fake news...

http://www.snopes.com/obama-iq-test/

?

One is from 2001 before our latest two presidents.

The other from 2015 pre Trump.

So?

I'll bite, where are you getting your information from? That Trump has an IQ of 156 and Obama has one of 102? Why do you believe this?
I can't find the original source, but apparently people who are pro-Trump are much more likely to spread and forward fake news. I work as a scientist. I am really dismayed at the lack of critical thinking skills that Americans have shown during this entire election cycle ::)
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/business/media/trump-fake-news.html

OK, then why did Obama refuse to release his Law School transcripts if he had nothing to hide or be ashamed of?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1484854183|4116594 said:
This thread is pure comedic gold. :appl:

Which is why the OP posts these threads daily.

To get a rise out of everyone, so we are indulging her.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1484862956|4116664 said:

Dancingfire posted this and he is male.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1484863156|4116666 said:

True. You are the constant culprit and we indulge you. It is quite funny actually.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Tekate|1484861979|4116656 said:
ruby59|1484861478|4116650 said:
Tekate|1484860150|4116644 said:
ruby59|1484852825|4116573 said:
monarch64|1484852265|4116570 said:
I don't associate myself with a party and I have zero respect for the PE. :wavey:

Trump's inaugural festivities lineup: http://www.amny.com/entertainment/inauguration-performers-3-doors-down-toby-keith-jackie-evancho-more-1.12798988

Obama's inauguration performers: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Performers-announced-for-Obama-inauguration-3180414.php

Not so bigly or tremendous, Trumpie. Poor little tiny-handed baby. :lol:

Well, I say if the poor little snowflakes could not go there and be professional, who needs them.

And who cares about the glitz. It is what will be done in office that I care more about.

And I just read something.

Of all the presidents, Trump has the highest IQ.

Obama has the lowest.

So in this case, size of hand does not matter to me in the least, as long as he can undo all the damage of the last 8 years.

Snowflakes?? I thought you referred to the college kids as snowflakes..

John Lewis - rep. GA - HARDLY a snowflake - an icon.
Al Green - rep TX - former president of the Houson NAACP and an attorney, hardly a snowflake
Lucille Roybal-Allard - CA - leader in healthcare for newborns, husband is retired Marine - not a snowflake
Keith Ellison, rep. MN - civil rights leader, sunni muslim, attorny, not a snowflake
Steve Cohen - TN - debator, Jewish, attorney " One Tennessee writer described him as "very outspoken, very persistent, and a lot more cerebral than most of his colleagues." when he was a TN state senator.. He's smart. Hardly a snowflake
Mark Takano - rep - CA - " His family was relocated and interned from California to a "War Relocation Camp" during World War II." supports martial rights for gay people. "Takano became the first openly gay person of Asian descent in Congress." per wiki.. hardly a snowflake, takes guts to come out.
New York Rep. Yvette Clarke - she could be a flake.
Ted Lieu - CA - rep "He holds the rank of Colonel in the United States Air Force Reserves.[4] He served on active duty for 4 years as a member of the JAG Corps. As a military prosecutor and adviser to commanders, he has received various awards and medals for his service, both abroad and locally, including the Meritorious Service Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster, the Air Force Commendation Medal, and the Air Force Humanitarian Service Medal." not a snow flake
New York Rep. Jerrold Nadler "He is credited with authoring legislation dealing with domestic violence and child support enforcement, and was one of the architects of the "Child Support Adjustment Act". Nadler was the only male to be honored as "Assemblymember of the Year" by the National Organization for Women due to his inclusion on the American Civil Liberties Unions Annual Honor Roll. It was also during his Assembly years that Nadler honed his expertise on issues of urban infrastructure." definately not a snowflake.
Arizona Rep. Raul Grijalva "Concerned about allegations of voting irregularities purportedly leading to disenfranchisement, in 2004 Grijalva joined Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson and several other House Democrats in requesting that the United Nations observe and certify elections in the United States" that took guts, he's a liberal, son of immigrants, hardly a snowflake. Very involved in education.
Michigan Rep. John Conyers fter graduating from Northwestern High School in Detroit, Conyers served in the Michigan National Guard 1948–50; U.S. Army 1950–54; and the U.S. Army Reserves 1954–57. Conyers served for a year in Korea as an officer in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and was awarded combat and merit citations.[2] Conyers grew up in Detroit, and received both his B.A. and his bachelor of law degree from Wayne State University. Conyers was present in Selma, Alabama, on October 7, 1963, for the civil rights movement voter registration drive known as Freedom Day.[3] He served as an assistant to U.S. Congressman John Dingell, Jr., prior to his election to Congress. not a snowflake.
California Rep. Mark DeSaulnier Born in Lowell, Massachusetts, DeSaulnier earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in History from the College of the Holy Cross. He traveled cross-country to California in the early 1970s and eventually settled in Concord. As a young man, DeSaulnier worked as a probation officer, a truck driver and a hotel services employee. DeSaulnier was a member of both the Teamsters International Union and the Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees International Union. His jobs allowed his early exposure to the challenges of working families and the power of organized labor to create equity among employers and employees. A small businessman, DeSaulnier owned and operated several restaurants in the greater Bay Area before taking office in the Legislature in 2006.

this is just a few of the heroic representatives who have the verve to not attend an illegitimate presidential inauguration. As to IQ where did you get your information from - Trump?

My definition of a snowflake is someone who cannot put aside their differences for one day, attend the inauguration and show some unity for our country.

My definition of a snowflake is someone who is a dip, someone who isn't too smart and someone who is weak. The above are people with intelligence and Integrity.. Trump has not earned the integrity award.

You mean like all those college kids who could not cope the day after the election.

So much for getting accepted at a prestigious school to be a sign of intelligence.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1484863156|4116666 said:

It's not fair. I would have beaten you to it, M, but my father's aid called me to to pull up his (my father's, not the aid's) pants at the crucial minute! I was going to say the same thing. Dancing Fire is the ultimate imp on Pricescope. (One would never call him a troll.) He always posts something provocative, if not salacious, then refuses to give his own opinion. Then he finishes off with "Holly for President!" or "Red for President!". His posts are steady and reliable, but I do not think they put much strain on him.

Nice work if you can get it. ;))

Deb
:saint:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1484862860|4116663 said:

Trump - 156 IQ
Obama - 102 IQ

?

So?

I'll bite, where are you getting your information from? That Trump has an IQ of 156 and Obama has one of 102? Why do you believe this?
I can't find the original source, but apparently people who are pro-Trump are much more likely to spread and forward fake news. I work as a scientist. I am really dismayed at the lack of critical thinking skills that Americans have shown during this entire election cycle ::)

OK, then why did Obama refuse to release his Law School transcripts if he had nothing to hide or be ashamed of?

OK, then why did President Puss-Grab refuse to release his taxes if he had nothing to hide or be ashamed of?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1484864673|4116677 said:
ruby59|1484862860|4116663 said:

Trump - 156 IQ
Obama - 102 IQ

?

So?

OK, then why did President Puss-Grab refuse to release his taxes if he had nothing to hide or be ashamed of?

You tell me? I am wondering the same thing.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think most of us are wondering why he hasnt released his taxes returns. I also find I think amazing that he takes credit for companies not moving jobs or factories to other countries. Why hasn't he announced plans to bring his and Ivanka's company factories to America? Why are their factories located in China and India? If he was truly concerned about American jobs why did he ever open factories in these countries. If Ivanka was so concerned about women's issues why has she not been involved before her father ran for President?

Do you really think Trump and his cabinet of Billionaires are concerned with average American's problems? Sorry I'm not buying it for a minute,

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1484868369|4116698 said:
Do you really think Trump and his cabinet of Billionaires are concerned with average American's problems? Sorry I'm not buying it for a minute,
We'll have to wait and see, but I'd buy that under 8 yrs of Obama many of the middle class americans have had disappeared.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

And you go right ahead and rally - I completely agree that people have a right to demonstrate (and have never said otherwise). I prefer, however, to do something that I feel is more productive (like being kind).
I happen to think it's sort of silly to talk about honesty and integrity when our two choices were Hillary and Trump :lol: Neither of which fit that bill in my opinion, but fair is fair and someone had to win.
As far as "nutcases" with their guns, there ya' go again.... stigmatizing, name-calling, belittling, judging, etc. Guess you haven't figured out that this is partly why Trump won in the first place. Because I think people were tired of being called names, tired of being labeled, tired or being stigmatized, tired of being judged. Trump won in part because of that very attitude, so in a sense, that sort of attitude helped him get elected. If we all took the time to listen to one another, understand each other, etc. then maybe we wouldn't be in this boat....but we are, so I'm going to move forward and hope to the best.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:lol: That's quite the hyperbolic visual! I'm attending a sister march in Indianapolis this Saturday. From the eventbrite link:

"This is a sister rally to the Womens March on Washinton in DC. We will be holding our rally at the Statehouse. We will have a well-rounded list of speakers planned and organizations that will be happy to help you find your passion and move towards a world of inclusion, civil and human rights. The purpose of this rally is not to protest, it is a unification rally to promote a positive productive agenda moving forward. Signs are permitted, but they must be regular poster board size with no sticks. As this is not a protest, we request no negative or objectionable language. We encourge you to bring your family to event. This is a positive occasion and if you are not in a positive frame of mind it would be better for you to skip coming to this event. There will be provisions for hearing impaired and those with disabilities. There will be security on the premises."

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/womens-march-indianapolis-tickets-30971185650

I am very excited to be active and show my support for equal rights and I am proud to have the right to demonstrate in this country. Women generations ago fought very hard for my rights and I intend to continue to actively pursue equal rights for all, for myself, my daughter, and all other women. I won't be at the Statehouse bitching and moaning in a pantsuit, thankyouverymuch. :rolleyes:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1484870120|4116708 said:

And you go right ahead and rally - I completely agree that people have a right to demonstrate (and have never said otherwise). I prefer, however, to do something that I feel is more productive (like being kind).
I happen to think it's sort of silly to talk about honesty and integrity when our two choices were Hillary and Trump :lol: Neither of which fit that bill in my opinion, but fair is fair and someone had to win.
As far as "nutcases" with their guns, there ya' go again.... stigmatizing, name-calling, belittling, judging, etc. Guess you haven't figured out that this is partly why Trump won in the first place. Because I think people were tired of being called names, tired of being labeled, tired or being stigmatized, tired of being judged. Trump won in part because of that very attitude, so in a sense, that sort of attitude helped him get elected. If we all took the time to listen to one another, understand each other, etc. then maybe we wouldn't be in this boat....but we are, so I'm going to move forward and hope to the best.

You can only devote one day to being kind? And your kindness needs to be recognized with a day/planned event? Ok.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nancy Sinatra is NOT happy Trump is using her father's song "My Way" at his inauguration. The first line of the song is "And now, the end is near".

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1484870272|4116710 said:

You can only devote one day to being kind? And your kindness needs to be recognized with a day/planned event? Ok.

Yes, I can only dedicate a single day to being kind :rolleyes: The rest of the year, I am a nasty woman ;-)
I could ask you the same thing: you can only dedicate one day to march in support? And you need to be recognized with a day/planned event?
No, I don't need to be "recognized" for being kind. If you (or anyone else) can post that they are protesting, or marching, or whatever it is they plan to do, then I can post that I am engaging in kindness - it doesn't mean that I am seeking recognition (any more than you are by posting about your march) when it's just my/our plan for the day/weekend/whatever.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1484870390|4116711 said:
Nancy Sinatra is NOT happy Trump is using her father's song "My Way" at his inauguration. The first line of the song is "And now, the end is near".

I heard this. I think she has every right to be upset....it would be rather frustrating if he was using his song and she knew her father would not be supportive, so I understand where she's coming from.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1484870164|4116709 said:

:lol: That's quite the hyperbolic visual! I'm attending a sister march in Indianapolis this Saturday. From the eventbrite link:

"This is a sister rally to the Womens March on Washinton in DC. We will be holding our rally at the Statehouse. We will have a well-rounded list of speakers planned and organizations that will be happy to help you find your passion and move towards a world of inclusion, civil and human rights. The purpose of this rally is not to protest, it is a unification rally to promote a positive productive agenda moving forward. Signs are permitted, but they must be regular poster board size with no sticks. As this is not a protest, we request no negative or objectionable language. We encourge you to bring your family to event. This is a positive occasion and if you are not in a positive frame of mind it would be better for you to skip coming to this event. There will be provisions for hearing impaired and those with disabilities. There will be security on the premises."

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/womens-march-indianapolis-tickets-30971185650

I am very excited to be active and show my support for equal rights and I am proud to have the right to demonstrate in this country. Women generations ago fought very hard for my rights and I intend to continue to actively pursue equal rights for all, for myself, my daughter, and all other women. I won't be at the Statehouse bitching and moaning in a pantsuit, thankyouverymuch. :rolleyes:

By the way, I didn't mean that people do all of those things at the same time (march, complain/whine, and shout that the sky is falling). What I meant was, some choose to march/protest, some choose to do nothing but complain/whine, and some people prefer to preach doom and gloom about how the sky is falling. I didn't mean that there would be a gaggle of women in pantsuits bitching, moaning, whining, and complaining about how the world is coming to an end (although, there may be a group of those too, I really don't know). My point was that I'm doing my thing and others are free to do theirs and as long as it's not hurting anyone else, so be it.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1484862680|4116661 said:

Have fun T.

BTW you have a much higher chance of being hit by a drunk driver than shot by a nutcase with a gun. Most gun owners are not nutcases and you probably don't even know they have them.

If I don't know they have them , then they don't need them. I plan to have fun R thanks!!! there is nothing like the good feeling one is doing the right thing for their country and family.

And being hit by a drunk driver vs the lesser chance of being shot by a nutcase with a concealed gun doesn't make me feel safe or happy. I'd prefer both don't happen.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1484869855|4116706 said:
We'll have to wait and see, but I'd buy that under 8 yrs of Obama many of the middle class americans have had disappeared.

Yet you never do the research to find out where jobs went, if they went, why they went, if they were outsourced by technology.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Would you say Omar Mateen was sane?
James Holmes was sane?
Adam Lanza was sane?
Dylan Roof was sane?

These people are nutcases in my book. How do I know which one of the people walking next to me is a nutcase or just a guy who feels the need to carry a gun for god knows why.. I don't stigmatize anyone, the shooters themselves show their mental illness. I don't think Trump won because people think nutcases who shoot up theaters are stigmatized, I think Trump won because of fake news, Comey and residual hate of Bill Clinton, Trump won because people in parts of America saw their lives change due to off shoring, and robotics, things that Trump will not be able to change.. People were sick of a congress that didn't get anything done, so they voted in a person of zero integrity and a cheater. So I'll watch this joke run its course.

Listen to one another? People listen, they just want it their way. I think the time of listening and working together is pretty much over.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1484874404|4116739 said:

Have fun T.

If I don't know they have them , then they don't need them. I plan to have fun R thanks!!! there is nothing like the good feeling one is doing the right thing for their country and family.

And being hit by a drunk driver vs the lesser chance of being shot by a nutcase with a concealed gun doesn't make me feel safe or happy. I'd prefer both don't happen.

So glad you are not in charge of my rights then. And that people can decide for themselves what is right for their country and their family. Obviously quite a few thought that would be Trump rather than Clinton.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think most of us are wondering why he hasnt released his taxes returns. I also find I think amazing that he takes credit for companies not moving jobs or factories to other countries. Why hasn't he announced plans to bring his and Ivanka's company factories to America? Why are their factories located in China and India? If he was truly concerned about American jobs why did he ever open factories in these countries. If Ivanka was so concerned about women's issues why has she not been involved before her father ran for President?

The right never answers your questions, why hasn't he released his taxes? will billionaires solve America's problems? I don't buy it either but I would like to hear what the right thinks, why doesn't the Donald release his taxes?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I'm not a psychologist and I suppose that people shoot people for any number of reasons, Tekate. I think to label them all "nutcases" would be insensitive to those suffering from mental illness.
There is one thing we can agree on: people listening to one another and working together does not exist - we have even seen that here.
Sad.
:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1484875310|4116748 said:
I'm not a psychologist and I suppose that people shoot people for any number of reasons, Tekate. I think to label them all "nutcases" would be insensitive to those suffering from mental illness.
There is one thing we can agree on: people listening to one another and working together does not exist - we have even seen that here.
Sad.
:wavey:

Obviously I mean sociopaths like Lanza.. I cannot see any reason the average person needs to carry a concealed weapon, unless they are afraid of nutcases like Lanza, in which case there should be a lot more checking on people with guns.

As to listening to each other Momhappy, I think people listen, but they cannot change their core basic beliefs. As to listening in our government I saw more obstruction by the republican party against Obama in 8 years then at any time in my life as a voter. If the republicans had worked somewhat with Obama maybe we wouldnt have a Trump, but now we do, now we shall see what the republicans will do, and I don't think it will be good at all.

As to people listening here, they do and they then post their answer and their thoughts.. we can't work together. I do see posters helping those who come here looking for diamond help - I see a lot of assistance there..

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1484875185|4116745 said:

Have fun T.

So glad you are not in charge of my rights then. And that people can decide for themselves what is right for their country and their family. Obviously quite a few thought that would be Trump rather than Clinton.

Quite a few - but a majority voted for Clinton so I think your example is false. I'm glad you are not in charge of my rights Redwood. I'm glad we have democratic senators and congressmen to have a check on what will happen in Washington.. I dislike my rights being ridden roughshod by a minority and I let my leaders know it.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So... I think there's going to be a serious uptick in FOIA submissions tomorrow.....

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1484875185|4116745 said:

Have fun T.

3,000,000 more people preferred Clinton. You seem to forget that fact.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results