shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you be watching Trump's inauguration on Jan. 20th?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
smitcompton|1483543850|4112266 said:
Hi,

No, No, and No again.

Eliot aren't you leading the women's march? You're onLY volunteering for Planned Parenthood? Have you ever used them?

Annette

Annette, thanks for asking.

If you recall (and I'm guessing you do), I am going through a divorce. I do not live in the D.C. area anymore and will not be making a special trip.

I still want to get involved and PP is a worthy cause. "Only" volunteering will have to suffice for now, I guess.

And I debated whether or not I wanted to answer your very personal question, but yes I have used the resources at PP on 4 separate occasion for various reasons. Though I am sure that isn't required of volunteers. Why do you ask?

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Elliot, I was asking because the overwhelming support for PP on this forum sort of perplexes me. I went to PP many yrs ago when catholic ObYNs wouldn't prescribe birth control pills, so my Mom sent me to PP. Remember many yrs ago!. I found it so distressing I would never go back again. My best friend went 10yrs later and while she had different issues she came back feeling the same way I did about PP. She and I ended up attributing this to a circumstance, that if I repeated on here, you would all(not all) attack what I say. Nonetheless, I just wanted to see if anyone had used them lately on this board, and what they thought.

I was, and am curious. I'm not a fan of PP, from direct knowledge. Thanks for answering.

Annette

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find it odd that you'd say "I thought you were leading the women's march" and then follow it up with asking if I was "only" volunteering for Planned Parenthood if your original intent was to find out if my experience with PP differed from your bad one 20 or 30 years ago.

If you're truly asking out of genuine interest I will share with you that I went in my twenties for health services and birth control at a time when I was not insured. I found the nurses and doctor there far more helpful than the local Baptist church protesters outside waving pictures from the sidewalk.

I went for an STD test before I was married. I also had never had an HIV test and wanted to be reassured.

I am very grateful I had the ability to take control over my reproductive health as an adult, and I am even more grateful I was allowed sliding scale payment options at a time when insurance was out of the question. If I were faced with an unwanted pregnancy I would be glad to have options beyond a Catholic Charities home for unwed pregnant mothers and a baby whisked away in the night.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Yes, Elliot, they were two separate thoughts. The comment about leading the march reflected your comments from another thread where you stated you wanted to do more than just talk on here, or some such. You were going to Reddit, which was the first time I even heard about that. My friends daughter is going from Florida, so it was on my mind.

I just connected both thoughts. I'm glad PP helped you.

Annette

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember saying I lived close to D.C. and expressed interest in attending a protest, I think you may have me confused with a different poster regarding the rest.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Nope, I will be volunteering at the children's hospital that day. I probably wouldn't watch it if I were home anyway. :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
smitcompton|1483581561|4112480 said:
Hi,

Elliot, I was asking because the overwhelming support for PP on this forum sort of perplexes me. I went to PP many yrs ago when catholic ObYNs wouldn't prescribe birth control pills, so my Mom sent me to PP. Remember many yrs ago!. I found it so distressing I would never go back again. My best friend went 10yrs later and while she had different issues she came back feeling the same way I did about PP. She and I ended up attributing this to a circumstance, that if I repeated on here, you would all(not all) attack what I say. Nonetheless, I just wanted to see if anyone had used them lately on this board, and what they thought.

I was, and am curious. I'm not a fan of PP, from direct knowledge. Thanks for answering.

Annette

I am curious, what was so distressing? My future DIL has volunteered at PP for over 4 years now, I asked her if she thought anything distressing goes on at the Austin PP she didn't think so, she did say most people who come in a VERY poor and are looking for a long term solution to birth control.

Maybe you and your friend were treated differently because your local ob/gyn would not help you with your birth control needs? I have known many many women who have gone to Planned Parenthood over the years and only have wondrous things to say about it.. I know one woman who had an abortion thru PP and her experience was not horrible either - albeit it's very personal.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
smitcompton|1483581561|4112480 said:
Hi,

Annette

Annette, why does it perplex you that women on this board and most probably across America support PP?

I support Planned Parenthood by way of a good sized donation yearly because:

They assist poor women with reproductive healthcare.
They do breast and cervical tests.
Again they help those who cannot afford services I can with ease.

Kate :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Several of my girlfriends went to planned parenthood for their birth control when I was in my early twenties. Not one person I knew had an unpleasant experience with PP. My twenty something niece and her friends also went to PP for birth control during their late teens early twenties. Their experience was also a good one.

Annette, I am trying to figure out why your experience was a bad one and what you were unhappy about.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rockinruby|1483633937|4112620 said:
Nope, I will be volunteering at the children's hospital that day.
Awesome! thank you for your service to the young ones!

on topic: nope, I find that kind of thing extremely boring.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Guys,

It was a long time ago and times were different. I really don't want to be specific, but can say I have gone to other clinics after that and the experience was quite different. Attitudes changed and the personnel was more educated at the other clinics. It was a bad experience for me.

It reminds me of how I think of the American Red Cross. Know sailors who told me bad stories about same, and the scandals that have followed them. (After 911 or the Big Storm in New Orleans). I don't like them either.

Annette

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Karl_K|1483642487|4112657 said:
Rockinruby|1483633937|4112620 said:
Nope, I will be volunteering at the children's hospital that day.
Awesome! thank you for your service to the young ones!

on topic: nope, I find that kind of thing extremely boring.

Thank you so much! :wavey:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
"Will you be watching Trump's inauguration on Jan. 20th?"

For the first time since Lyndon Johnson in 1964 . . . absolutely not.

I have perhaps missed some second term festivities over the years; but I have never missed a newly elected president's inauguration , until now.

I refuse to spend one moment of his (hopefully, please God) four year term watching him do anything. That means I will ignore all news conferences, SOTU speeches and everything else while he is in office.

He is a complete and utter failure as a human being, and is not, and never will be, my president.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1483483067|4112043 said:
momhappy|1483482944|4112039 said:
I do like to see what a First Lady wears though ...

Likely, nothing.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well, she has proudly displayed her birthday suit in the past, so .... :cheeky:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS|1483738266|4113077 said:

I have perhaps missed some second term festivities over the years; but I have never missed a newly elected president's inauguration , until now.

I refuse to spend one moment of his (hopefully, please God) four year term watching him do anything. That means I will ignore all news conferences, SOTU speeches and everything else while he is in office.

He is a complete and utter failure as a human being, and is not, and never will be, my president.

You have restored my flagging faith in human nature.

(NO fainting!!)

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
ksinger|1483738805|4113082 said:

(NO fainting!!)

I might be somewhat conservative. I might be somewhat anti-government. I might be somewhat less than enamored of where this country is going and has been going. But I know an assclown from a leader. And he is the assclowniest assclown who has ever assclowned.

I didn't vote for him in the primary or the general election. TX had the third party option on their Nov. ballot, so I didn't have to leave it blank.

I want no part in this debacle . . . and make no mistake . . . it will be a debacle.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS|1483739555|4113084 said:

(NO fainting!!)

I might be somewhat conservative. I might be somewhat anti-government. I might be somewhat less than enamored of where this country is going and has been going. But I know an assclown from a leader. And he is the assclowniest assclown who has ever assclowned.

I didn't vote for him in the primary or the general election. TX had the third party option on their Nov. ballot, so I didn't have to leave it blank.

I want no part in this debacle . . . and make no mistake . . . it will be a debacle.

I can only hope for all our sake it is not.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

(NO fainting!!)

:lol: Ain't that the (sad) truth!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In response to Annette: I have used PP a few times and used them in different cities. I have never had a bad experience, and have always felt welcomed, respected, and listened to. That said, I'm sure some locations are better than others, just like some doctors/therapists/etc are better than others. But I'm a huge fan of PP and will always support them.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1483740831|4113090 said:

(NO fainting!!)

The sad truth is we have had another mass shooting. I never remember a more violent, divisive period then we have had under Obama.

I wonder if it is because he was considered a weak leader.

The world is experiencing violence and he throws himself another ball. Assclown does come to mind.

As to what the new first lady will wear I am sure she will look beautiful. Michelle on the other hand looked a bit zaftig in that last gown.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1483744367|4113105 said:

(NO fainting!!)

The sad truth is we have had another mass shooting. I never remember a more violent, divisive period then we have had under Obama.

The world is experiencing violence and he throws himself another ball. Assclown does come to mind.

As to what the new first lady will wear I am sure she will look beautiful. Michelle on the other hand looked a bit zaftig in that last gown.

Absolutely -- I am 100% sure that President Obama is completely responsible for the shooting in the Ft. Lauderdale airport! I broke a nail today filing some annual report paperwork and I'm blaming him for that too.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1483744683|4113108 said:

(NO fainting!!)

Absolutely -- I am 100% sure that President Obama is completely responsible for the shooting in the Ft. Lauderdale airport! I broke a nail today filing some annual report paperwork and I'm blaming him for that too.

He might be home grown, but he said he was fighting for ISIS.

And as if this is the only tragedy we have had under Obama- mass and police shootings.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

(NO fainting!!)

I love you Dee Jay!!!!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1483744976|4113111 said:

(NO fainting!!)

I love you Dee Jay!!!!

Yes, you and her are two peas in a pod. :wall:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby, It's being reported that this was not an act of terrorism. The shooter was being treated for mental health problems.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1483745918|4113115 said:
Ruby, It's being reported that this was not an act of terrorism. The shooter was being treated for mental health problems.

Clearly his mental health problems were Obama's fault.

All bad things will stop Jan 20, when that Kenyan Muslim Antichrist is gone.

IOW :nono: :nono: :nono: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Yes, earlier reports had said he pledged his allegiance to Isis.

Now it is saying that he went into a FBI office and claimed ISIS was forcing him to listen to tapes.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1483746120|4113117 said:

See my subsequent response Kenny. I was going by earlier reports.

But this one aside, I do not remember ever when we had so many killings of police and innocents.

And as far as what you called Obama, unlike you people calling Trump a Cheeto, I never referred to Obama by anything other then his correctly spelled name. I was taught better than that.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1483748110|4113135 said:

But this one aside, I do not remember ever when we had so many killings of police and innocents.

And as far as what you called Obama, unlike you people calling Trump a Cheeto, I never referred to Obama by anything other then his correctly spelled name. I was taught better than that.

I hesitate to enter the fray . . . (tiptoes in cautiously) . . . but calling Trump a Cheeto is describing how The Donald (his name for himself, btw, from way back) chooses to look. He chooses his fake bake and oddly dyed 'do. And he chooses to make a fool of himself on a daily basis (i.e., when he tweets like a silly twit). HE puts himself out into the public domain, in all his asshattery, because he needs the attention - - good or bad. It's called narcissistic personality disorder. He could be the poster child for it.

Obama's main fault is just being an empty suit. You can't really pin the world's problems on him. But he hasn't exactly been The Leader of the Free World, either. As I said, empty suit.

But I reserve the right to call Mr. Cheeto by his well-earned nicknames. All of them.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
HollyS|1483750796|4113151 said:
ruby59|1483748110|4113135 said:

I hesitate to enter the fray . . . (tiptoes in cautiously) . . . but calling Trump a Cheeto is describing how The Donald (his name for himself, btw, from way back) chooses to look. He chooses his fake bake and oddly dyed 'do. And he chooses to make a fool of himself on a daily basis (i.e., when he tweets like a silly twit). HE puts himself out into the public domain, in all his asshattery, because he needs the attention - - good or bad. It's called narcissistic personality disorder. He could be the poster child for it.

Obama's main fault is just being an empty suit. You can't really pin the world's problems on him. But he hasn't exactly been The Leader of the Free World, either. As I said, empty suit.

But I reserve the right to call Mr. Cheeto by his well-earned nicknames. All of them.

I have seen hairdos on some young people that are so way out there as to defy belief. Yet I would not call them out on it. You know do not judge a book by its cover.

As far as making a fool out of himself, that is in the eye of the beholder. Some on here will never have a nice word for him no matter what he does or does not do.

See how you refer to his tweets. Well I am older. And I let out a large sigh when I saw Obama on some of the late night shows. I thought it well below his dignity as President. But then I felt so what. And if Trump wants to Tweet so what.

I am sure once he does take office, that will be restricted by his advisers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results