shape
carat
color
clarity

Why living abroad can sometimes stink-mini vent

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry in advance for the mini-vent. I am just super upset right now. Such a bad day today in Frankfurt.

Three annoying/bad things happened today:

1- Our friends who happen to have a newly adopted daughter from Vietnam. The adoption went through a few weeks before they moved here. Anyway, they have been dealing with a TON of racism, it is really awful, but that isn''t even the really bad thing. (although it could be an entire new post on the hideous things people have said to them) The mom and toddler were flying to the US today- they got to passport control and were detained and accused of child trafficking. This was just the icing on the cake for her- I really hope she returns to Germany at the scheduled end of the trip. I know she is really fed up.

2- my FI was at the gym today and some guy got in his face and started accusing my FI of stealing his mp3 player. Really random and the guy was out of line. My FI even told him to check gym records since we were out of the country for the last 2 weeks and he wasn''t there when the player was ''stolen.'' The guy was just starting a fight. My FI doesn''t even have an ipod and his player is like 5 years old and bought in the US- really what are the chances some German guy had the same one?

3- Just 5 minutes ago we were walking our puppy. Unlike most Germans we keep him on a leash at ALL times. So he was doing his business and out of nowhere a HUGE German Shepherd comes and starts attacking him. (he is 8 lbs) My FI tries kicking the dog to get him off ours and it doesn''t even phase him. Some lady finally comes running and starts yelling at us and can barely contain her dog. My FI yelled at her and kept saying ''use a leash'' in German (I think). Some expletives are universal though. It was ugly and my dog could have been killed. They really need leash laws here.

Ugh sorry had to vent- just soooo annoyed today. Just 14 more months!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh jeeze SBA, I''m so sorry!

Was your friend detained in Germany or the States? Don''t children, even infants, need passports to travel? Wouldn''t that show that the baby is your friend''s? I just don''t get it.

Leash laws should be mandatory EVERYWHERE!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to hear that things aren''t great there at the moment. Are you going home for a visit anytime soon? I love Germany but not sure if I''d live there full time, although the sausages are amazing
3.gif
I''d be the size of a bus if I lived there. Pop over to Dublin for a break
3.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to heard what happen with your friend,
7.gif
, I wish you better days
28.gif

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone! The puppy is totally fine- he has clearly forgotten about it. We haven''t and I think FI is really shaken up. I think he felt he could have fought off the big dog harder or better. I told him as long as we were all safe he did great.

Hudson- she got detained here in Germany. Her passport is American. We have found here that some Germans do not like seeing ''white people'' with ''non-whites'' so maybe they stuck out. The funny irony is that my friend actually is 100% German in her heritage.

Bee- I want to go to Dublin SOOOOO badly and it is on our list. Ireland looks SO romantic! The sausages are so good, but what it the best is the curry-wurst. So yummy! Feel free to visit, we have a guest room.
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 5:02:51 PM
Author: sba771

Bee- I want to go to Dublin SOOOOO badly and it is on our list. Ireland looks SO romantic! The sausages are so good, but what it the best is the curry-wurst. So yummy! Feel free to visit, we have a guest room.
1.gif

I love the curry-wurst! mmmm
18.gif
18.gif
Although I noticed that it differs depends on where you go. I didn''t try it in Frankfurt but I much preferred it in Berlin than in Munich. You''ll have to come to Dublin-it is a good place to visit! We have a guest room here too if you ever fancy a hol!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results