shape
carat
color
clarity

Who is your PS soulmate?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 5:20:35 PM
Author: Gailey
I kind of agree with you Whitby. I didn't think it was a 'who do you love the most' kind of thread. If it was, I'd have 'Losty' right up there in pole position, closely followed by your dear self.

Losty, the only reason I didn't name you is that soul mates are about empathy and things in common. I can't begin to imagine the kind of pain you go through I can only be in awe of your fortitude and bravery.

And besides that, I'm not big on blue! But maybe the love of mangles would cancel that out.

OK, scratch what I just said because any two people who share such an obscure love (vintage mangle irons), just have to be soul mates don't they?

Add Losty to my list!!!!

and ditto to you, gailey! it'd be an honor to follow losty on any list of yours :)

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 5:29:24 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Oh, such LOVE is in the air! To counteract, I feel the need to start a thread titled, ''Who is your PS Stalemate?'' That wonderful person you just CAN''T see eye to eye with?

But, of course that thread would be deleted pretty quickly.
11.gif

Carry on, lovers!
30.gif
What a great post!!! Not very PC, but perhaps that''s what makes it great
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
As this isn''t a "Who do you love" thread, I won''t tell you who I love, but perhaps I''ll post his picture to give you a clue

134342cb5dzgwu80.gif

PS: He''s in disguise.
emwink.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What the heck is a "vintage mangle iron"?!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is quite the love fest!
30.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 6:41:17 PM
Author: FrekeChild
What the heck is a 'vintage mangle iron'?!
OMG Freke, where ya been? There's a whole thread on this thing! Let me find it.

In the meantime, here's a pic.

Whitby and Gailey: love to you both (and many others too numerous to mention) for keeping me company in the dark times. thank you for the call out, I don't ever expect to be on anyone's besties list, have too much *snark* in me to win that contest.

LS

ETA: here's the thread where Gailey almost suffers orgasmic spasms over the thought of mangling Mr. Gailey's smalls!
31.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-iron-take-2-paging-canuck-gal.109502/

Foo329.jpg

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Who has a mangle? I love mangles. My mom gave ours to the church in 1965.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 6:58:27 PM
Author: lulu
Who has a mangle? I love mangles. My mom gave ours to the church in 1965.
Ha! See Freke, it's not that weird!
LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I kind of agree with you Whitby. I didn't think it was a 'who do you love the most' kind of thread. If it was, I'd have 'Losty' right up there in pole position, closely followed by your dear self.

Losty, the only reason I didn't name you is that soul mates are about empathy and things in common. I can't begin to imagine the kind of pain you go through I can only be in awe of your fortitude and bravery.

And besides that, I'm not big on blue! But maybe the love of mangles would cancel that out.

OK, scratch what I just said because any two people who share such an obscure love (vintage mangle irons), just have to be soul mates don't they?

Add Losty to my list!!!!
Gailey, please don't fuss about it! Believe me, if anyone actually said I was their soul mate based on things in common, I'd have to have a little chat with them! (and arrange a neuropsych test, or 2...)

But thank you and Whitby. (did we ever find out if Whitby wants to mangle??)

LS

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 7:07:52 PM
Author: LostSapphire

I kind of agree with you Whitby. I didn''t think it was a ''who do you love the most'' kind of thread. If it was, I''d have ''Losty'' right up there in pole position, closely followed by your dear self.

Losty, the only reason I didn''t name you is that soul mates are about empathy and things in common. I can''t begin to imagine the kind of pain you go through I can only be in awe of your fortitude and bravery.

And besides that, I''m not big on blue! But maybe the love of mangles would cancel that out.

OK, scratch what I just said because any two people who share such an obscure love (vintage mangle irons), just have to be soul mates don''t they?

Add Losty to my list!!!!

Gailey, please don''t fuss about it! Believe me, if anyone actually said I was their soul mate based on things in common, I''d have to have a little chat with them! (and arrange a neuropsych test, or 2...)

But thank you and Whitby. (did we ever find out if Whitby wants to mangle??)

LS

thank you, losty, but NO. whitby has spent the majority of her life trying to avoid that very thing!

had you invited me to mambo, tango or samba, i''d have been a big YES. or if you asked if i''d like to margerita, mojito or martini - yes again!

but mangling - while *sounding* sexy.....

is....

and will always be....

LAUNDRY!

14.gif

(any word on the opal pendant?)

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 7:16:31 PM
Author: whitby_2773

thank you, losty, but NO. whitby has spent the majority of her life trying to avoid that very thing!

had you invited me to mambo, tango or samba, i''d have been a big YES. or if you asked if i''d like to margerita, mojito or martini - yes again!

but mangling - while *sounding* sexy.....

is....

and will always be....

LAUNDRY!

14.gif

(any word on the opal pendant?)
NO NO NO NO NO!
Laundry is the washing part. Mangling is the *ZEN* experience.
don''t dance. Old orthopaedic reconstructions get in the way. Drink? Geez, I wish. Too many Rx''s.

Opal pendant? I returned the first stone. Too Small. Am waiting for the new one.

sorry for the threadjack.

LS

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 7:20:32 PM

NO NO NO NO NO!

don't dance. Old orthopaedic reconstructions get in the way. Drink? Geez, I wish. Too many Rx's.

Opal pendant? I returned the first stone. Too Small. Am waiting for the new one.

LS

ROFL

losty, i will ALWAYS be too PC incorrect to be zen anything! i've decorated bathrooms to be zen - but that's as far as i run.

i could, of course, stand by drinking a mojito and tapping my foot while you and gailey mangle...?

(lordy! let me just state once more for the uninitiated - a mangle was a type of old fashioned laundry wringer, which later became a flattening device for laundry. so when gailey and losty mangle together - they're actually doing their (zen, so i am told!) laundry!)

(mr losty's underwear are a whole different topic...)

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Forget the vards! 100% cotton sheets dried on the line outside and then mangled are the best.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 7:28:04 PM
ROFL

losty, i will ALWAYS be too PC incorrect to be zen anything! i've decorated bathrooms to be zen - but that's as far as i run.

i could, of course, stand by drinking a mojito and tapping my foot while you and gailey mangle...?

(lordy! let me just state once more for the uninitiated - a mangle was a type of old fashioned laundry wringer, which later became a flattening device for laundry. so when gailey and losty mangle together - they're actually doing their (zen, so i am told!) laundry!)

(mr losty's underwear are a whole different topic...)

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
Whitby, I'm laughing so hard my face hurts but this is worth it! Thanks for the giggle.
emlips.gif
And BTW, it's not Mr. Losty's underwear. As Gailey puts it, it's Mr. Losty's "smalls".....
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 7:34:03 PM
Forget the vards! 100% cotton sheets dried on the line outside and then mangled are the best.
Gailey, I think we have a new member of the club. If I recall, Canuck-Gal is 'in' too. Whitby's drinking and pretending to supervise. Maybe we'll let her fold.

Lulu, you can come mangle with us any time.
LS

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

NO NO NO NO NO!

don''t dance. Old orthopaedic reconstructions get in the way. Drink? Geez, I wish. Too many Rx''s.

LS

ROFL

losty, i will ALWAYS be too PC incorrect to be zen anything! i''ve decorated bathrooms to be zen - but that''s as far as i run.

(lordy! let me just state once more for the uninitiated - a mangle was a type of old fashioned laundry wringer, which later became a flattening device for laundry. so when gailey and losty mangle together - they''re actually doing their (zen, so i am told!) laundry!)

(mr losty''s underwear are a whole different topic...)

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
Lordy me, I''d kill for a mojito right now.

Losty''s right Whitby, sending that wrinkled piece of laundry through the mangle and watching it come out pristine the other side is a wonderful experience. I mean how many teenagers do you know who offer to do the ironing for their Mum?

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2010 1:38:42 PM
Author: Haven

Date: 3/23/2010 10:22:29 AM
Author: kama_s
Oh, FINE! If I must, I must! I think the two posters I tend to always agree with are Thing2of2 and Haven. There are times when I literally would be following Thing2 and ditto-ing her posts because they would be spot-on! Others that I generally always tend to agree with, especially in scientific threads: ksinger, icekid, elrohwen and Neatfreak.
I agree, kama. It''s funny, because I thought of you and Thing among other posters, when I first read this thread. Great minds, right? Or is it like minds?
2.gif
Well, there really is a great big love-fest going on here. :) Thanks for the kind vibes from you guys. Not surprisingly, I feel the same way about the posts of the aforementioned. And I also have to include Swimmer - mustn''t forget her - she and Haven are there for my education rants. Both are voices of reason, and always far kinder and therefore more convincing than I could ever be. I know that sense of humor-wise though, I''m genuinely on the very same page with Thing. She just cracks me up. I want to go drinking with this lady!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 7:42:10 PM
Author: ksinger
Date: 3/23/2010 1:38:42 PM

Date: 3/23/2010 10:22:29 AM

Author: kama_s

Oh, FINE! If I must, I must! I think the two posters I tend to always agree with are Thing2of2 and Haven. There are times when I literally would be following Thing2 and ditto-ing her posts because they would be spot-on! Others that I generally always tend to agree with, especially in scientific threads: ksinger, icekid, elrohwen and Neatfreak.

I agree, kama. It''s funny, because I thought of you and Thing among other posters, when I first read this thread. Great minds, right? Or is it like minds?
2.gif
Well, there really is a great big love-fest going on here. :) Thanks for the kind vibes from you guys. Not surprisingly, I feel the same way about the posts of the aforementioned. And I also have to include Swimmer - mustn''t forget her - she and Haven are there for my education rants. Both are voices of reason, and always far kinder and therefore more convincing than I could ever be. I know that sense of humor-wise though, I''m genuinely on the very same page with Thing. She just cracks me up. I want to go drinking with this lady!

Right back at you, ksinger! We MUST get drinks IRL some day!

I also ditto swimmer, neatfreak and Haven way too often! And of course Freke is my shoe-loving soulmate.

I don''t want to leave out anyone because there are several other PSers I vibe with, but I''d be here all day if I started listing them all! So hopefully they know who they are and won''t hold it against me.
2.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 1:51:21 PM
This was a really fun thread to read--I love all the lovin'' going on in here.

There are so many posters that I follow closely, but not always because I find myself agreeing with everything they say. A lot of the time I just really appreciate the way they say things, or the very different perspective they bring to the discussion.

I find myself ditto-ing a lot of people, so many people come to mind when I think of who I ditto. Of the people I haven''t already discussed in my last few posts, I often find myself nodding enthusiastically when I read posts from ksinger, swimmer, AGBF, elro, and Hudson Hawk. I don''t always type out a ''ditto'' because then I''d just look like a stalker, really. There are so many others, too, that I''m feeling like I shouldn''t mention anyone for fear of failing to mention someone else.

As far as soulmates go, I''ve often felt a strong connection to Elmorton and Holly. It''s funny, because with El I agree with almost everything she says, and I think we share a lot of passions in life, too, as well as geographical location and age, those sorts of things.

With Holly, it''s less about commonality (although we do share things in common) and more of a recognition that *I think* we would just get along so well IRL, and ours would be one of those friendship where you have a natural, lifelong conversation that spans all the years we know each other, and every topic under the sun, whether we agree with each other or not.

Now I really sound like a stalker. I''m not Holly, I promise!

I should also mention that I feel AGBF and I share a love of the English language, and I always feel a kinship with people who share that particular passion with me.

ETA: I knew I shouldn''t mention names, because I''m already regretting not adding elledizzy to the mix. I love her posts, and I always make sure to read them. And she once said she''d have set me up with her brother if I wasn''t already married, and that was so sweet to say because I know how protective *I* am as a sister, so I was very flattered by that.
1.gif

ETA2: NEATFREAK! I ditto Neatfreak all the time. I actually stopped ditto-ing her for a while because I felt like I was just following her posts around and writing ''ditto'' after them. I love everything she has to say, and her wedding pictures are still what I think of when I think of pure joy on one''s wedding day.

Well, thanks sweetie! I feel the same about you. And no, I don''t stalk you either. I just naturally drift over to see what''s cooking with my friend Haven.
28.gif
We don''t have to think exactly alike to have a fond respect for each other; and we do seem to share a lot of likes, dislikes, instincts, and traits.

And although I don''t often find myself on the same thread as AGBF, we have shared common ground many times. I think she''s both wise and kind.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 7:42:06 PM

NO NO NO NO NO!

LS

ROFL

losty, i will ALWAYS be too PC incorrect to be zen anything! i''ve decorated bathrooms to be zen - but that''s as far as i run.

(lordy! let me just state once more for the uninitiated - a mangle was a type of old fashioned laundry wringer, which later became a flattening device for laundry. so when gailey and losty mangle together - they''re actually doing their (zen, so i am told!) laundry!)

(mr losty''s underwear are a whole different topic...)

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
Lordy me, I''d kill for a mojito right now.

Losty''s right Whitby, sending that wrinkled piece of laundry through the mangle and watching it come out pristine the other side is a wonderful experience. I mean how many teenagers do you know who offer to do the ironing for their Mum?

ok - that''s it. my next thread will be ''Support Group for PS Would-Be Soul Mates with a Mangling Addiction: Whitby_2773 Moderator''

(…and folder)

17.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 7:53:52 PM

ok - that''s it. my next thread will be ''Support Group for PS Would-Be Soul Mates with a Mangling Addiction: Whitby_2773 Moderator''

(…and folder)

17.gif
3.gif

LS

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Whitby, you are "there" for so many people on PS, so warm, so charming, friendly , communicative and understanding.

I love all your threads including the sandwich thread which made me very hungry, and of course your charm thread!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 7:41:34 PM

Gailey, I think we have a new member of the club. If I recall, Canuck-Gal is ''in'' too. Whitby''s drinking and pretending to supervise. Maybe we''ll let her fold.

LS
That''s okay. It''s the official bourbon hour here too. Just don''t mangle after more than 2 stiff drinks. That''s my rule.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I guess I sock, no one loves me...
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

*sulk in corner*

5.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2010 8:10:12 PM

Gailey, I think we have a new member of the club. If I recall, Canuck-Gal is ''in'' too. Whitby''s drinking and pretending to supervise. Maybe we''ll let her fold.

LS
That''s okay. It''s the official bourbon hour here too. Just don''t mangle after more than 2 stiff drinks. That''s my rule.
HI:

It''s very good advice--so I''ll just drink while the others wash, mangle and fold!

Thing2of2--not even an honorable mention after I ripped those Nudie jeans off for you! Pshaw!
2.gif
41.gif

cheers--Sharon

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 8:32:14 PM
Author: Amethyste
I guess I sock, no one loves me...
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

*sulk in corner*

5.gif

Oh, please.
2.gif

You know we think you''re sunshine on a cloudy day.
10.gif

Who''s your soulmate? Oops, maybe I should go back and skim; you might have already said. . . .

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Mine is/was Surfgirl.

We''re now friends IRL - although feeling bad as I owe her a mega-email...

Definitely
30.gif
all my PS mommy friends, and Harriet my fellow gem-junkie over in CS.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

Gailey, I think we have a new member of the club. If I recall, Canuck-Gal is 'in' too. Whitby's drinking and pretending to supervise. Maybe we'll let her fold.

LS
Yup, she's a mangle lover! I'm surprised she hasn't sprung for the Miele. She must be steering clear of this thread. Maybe I'm not her soul mate
emcry.gif

Edited: Just seen CG's post. Well there you have it, Gailey doesn't even get a mention in dispatches on the soul mate issue. And to think I was working up to suggesting we went halves on a mangle. I'm off to slash my wrists.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2010 9:40:56 PM

LS
Yup, she''s a mangle lover! I''m surprised she hasn''t sprung for the Miele. She must be steering clear of this thread. Maybe I''m not her soul mate
emcry.gif
HI:

I thought YOU were springing for the Miele--part of your new kitchen perhaps?? We''re pals fo'' sure!
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2010 7:46:59 PM
Author: thing2of2

Date: 3/23/2010 7:42:10 PM
Author: ksinger

Right back at you, ksinger! We MUST get drinks IRL some day!

I also ditto swimmer, neatfreak and Haven way too often! And of course Freke is my shoe-loving soulmate.

I don''t want to leave out anyone because there are several other PSers I vibe with, but I''d be here all day if I started listing them all! So hopefully they know who they are and won''t hold it against me.
2.gif
all lefties,but i still love you guys.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results