shape
carat
color
clarity

what's your hubby/bf buying you for Christmas?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what are you getting him?... :)

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
I'm not getting him anything this year - we need to save money so this season.
However I plan on giving him lots of special cuddles and love. :)

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
I have no idea what C is getting me for Christmas, and wont know until i open the gifts. He is very good at keeping secrets, whereas i can hardly keep somethign from him,when its for him. :lol: Im so bad, he thinks its cute, but i cant help it. Last year i got him a lot of things, so this year, he is getting very little.
C's Christmas List
1. Flip&Fold.....C cant fold to save his life, he HAS to use the floor to fold everything, including sheets :confused:
2. Gentlemen Jack Gift Set
3. Some Nice Shirts

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diva rose|1291969400|2793009 said:
I'm not getting him anything this year - we need to save money so this season.
However I plan on giving him lots of special cuddles and love. :)

I bet that's the best gift he could ask for :appl:

So my hubby got me a custom made diamond and pink sapphire eternity ring in 18 kt white gold. My original ER is an oval pink sapphire set with six round diamonds on the sides. I don't wear it very often, because after that ring, hubby got me a RB solitaire and a half eternity band and i'm wearing mostly this set. So he decided to get me an eternity band with pink sapphires, in order to complete the set of the original engagement ring and tempt me to wear it more :naughty:
I haven't seen the ring yet because - even though he asked for advice befaore ordering it - he insists that i should wait until Christmas :(( I know that FedEx delivered it to him yesterday but now i have to wait...

ETA: I haven't decided on his gift yet...I want to get something very original this year but no good ideas so far...!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I don't know and it's exciting!! :appl: Seriously, this will be the first year since we have been together where I am getting a present that will be a suprise. Actually, i am getting 2 presents, i know that much! I know that he is very pleased with himself and he told one of my good friends what I am getting and she said he has done well.

I am getting my hubby a new wedding ring since he lost the first one on the honeymoon and a new everyday watch, more than likely a surf brand that can go in the water.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not much this year, money is always tight around this time of the year, I am getting him a speed loader for his guns (he collects guns) and I am not totally sure what he is getting me, but I think it will probably be a jewerly box, I need a new one.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
I asked my boyfriend for a Kindle for Christmas so hopefully that's what it will be! I don't know if he planned on getting me anything else though.

As for his Christmas gift I purchased an excursion for him to go skydiving. I think he's going to flip. He's been wanting to go for such a long time!

:bigsmile:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Nothing.

Well, that's somewhat of a lie. We planned a micro-mini-staycation (just one night) for next weekend. We live in the DC metro area and the Gaylord Hotel and Convention Center started bringing in an exhibit called ICE! last year where they have a tent kept at 9*F and they have TONS (literally) of carved ice sculptures (http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylor...the-potomac/ice-experience/making-of-ice.html). This year, they offered a package with an overnight stay at the hotel and tickets. So, I bought that, and then FI is picking up the tab for a nice dinner out in National Harbor and a fancy 3-course brunch the next morning over the bridge in Old Town Alexandria, VA.

I bought him a couple trinkets, and I think he may be doing the same for me, but that's about it...all of our normal Christmas money is being put in the Honeymoon Fund!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
My poor husband!!!

He had his surprise for me ruined! My driver came to get my boys and I to meet my husband in town to go downtown and when he came in the house he was holding a bag and he said here this is for you and I look in the bag and there's an ipad box. I'm thinking... what's going on? Maybe it's for my daughter, so I call my husband to find out and it was supposed to be a big surprise. He is so bummed, still. To pay for a fairly big ticket item like that, something he knows I'll like but have not a single inkling about so it'll be a total surprise and to not only have me get it 3 weeks early - but he wasn't even there to see it. He wanted to do something fun and quirky about giving it to me too. He asked the driver to put it in the back of the car, but the driver didn't think it was wise to leave it there so he took it out and handed it to me. ::sigh:: Kinda like me taking all of the turkey bones etc. out so I could start some turkey stock just to turn around and my ayi has thrown it all away.

NO clue what I'm giving him, but sexual favors are always appreciated :naughty:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1291987092|2793085 said:
He's getting me this:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-strand-of-golden-pearls.150033/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-strand-of-golden-pearls.150033/[/URL]

Yup! :praise:

He hasn't told me what I'm "getting him" yet :lol:

But there WILL be parity, I can assure you . . . :D

Wow, I think you did great! LOL, mine hasn't told me what I'm getting him yet either, though I have bought him seven or eight necessities already. But we still have two weeks and my husband usually doesn't even start thinking about Christmas until the day before Christmas Eve.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
DH just got a job at the Victoria's Secret call center, so I am getting a ton of panties and bras. I am so stoked!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
He's getting me a teapot and loose tea (that I will be picking out). I had the teapot on my list, but figured I should pick it out myself so I get the right size and style I want, rather than leaving it up to my parents or in-laws to do it. That's how it become a present from DH. Haha. Hopefully he'll at least come with me to pick it out since he drinks a lot of tea too.

DH isn't getting any presents from me this year because we just had to buy him a new Xbox 360 after his broke last weekend. I think I'll just wrap the box and put it under the tree and nobody will notice (except him) that there's nothing in it. :cheeky:

We're not really gifty people - I can't remember the last time either of us have bought the other something as a surprise, and we don't even do gifts on birthdays or anniversaries. We're much more into going out for really good food or taking a short vacation as our gifts to one another.

I'm most excited to see what SIL is getting me! She's the best gift buyer I've ever met and always manages to think of something you need, before you even know you need it. She told DH what it was and he said it's perfect, but not something I've ever thought of.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1291984523|2793066 said:
Nothing.

Well, that's somewhat of a lie. We planned a micro-mini-staycation (just one night) for next weekend. We live in the DC metro area and the Gaylord Hotel and Convention Center started bringing in an exhibit called ICE! last year where they have a tent kept at 9*F and they have TONS (literally) of carved ice sculptures (http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylor...the-potomac/ice-experience/making-of-ice.html). This year, they offered a package with an overnight stay at the hotel and tickets. So, I bought that, and then FI is picking up the tab for a nice dinner out in National Harbor and a fancy 3-course brunch the next morning over the bridge in Old Town Alexandria, VA.

I bought him a couple trinkets, and I think he may be doing the same for me, but that's about it...all of our normal Christmas money is being put in the Honeymoon Fund!
How fun! We went to the one in Orlando last year and it was amazing! So much fun, but be sure to really layer up (wear gloves and hats!).

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure what he's getting me I believe I'm getting separate gifts for Christmas and our anniversary (the 26th). I think I'm getting a gemstone ring for one and I'm not sure about the other. For Christmas I got a him a new wallet he had admired before and a new scarf, I also took him on a harbor cruise around NYC last week that had live holiday jazz music and carols plus unlimited cocoa, cookies and champagne! For our anniversary I got him a bottle of whisky he mentioned months and months ago that he'd like for graduation (but it was a limited release so when I saw it last week I snatched it up early!) whisky stones to cool down beverages and I'm going to get a book on wine and spirits (for paper).

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I bought him a PS3 and told him that if he doesn't at least buy me something that he'd be in big trouble :rolleyes: (something can be as small as a rose, or a hello kitty or Taco Time gift card). Every holiday he gets so stressed out about buying the wrong gift that the holiday comes and goes before he knows it.

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
purselover|1291991559|2793154 said:
release so when I saw it last week I snatched it up early!) whisky stones to cool down beverages and I'm going to get a book on wine and spirits (for paper).

I usualy just lurk around hangout but I had to pipe up to say *thank you* Purselover for giving me this idea of whiskey stones!! My DH has been on a bourbon kick so I've gotten him two nice bottles on his list and a couple of books on whiskey and bourbon. However, I know nothing about it, and hadn't come across whiskey stones until now when you mentioned them (and I subsequently googled them). Great idea - thank you!!

Well now that I've chimed in, I'll share that DH is getting me (well, some of it's a joint effort) my long dreamt of "10-year Togetherness" upgrade (we've been together since 2001, and we celebrate that anniversary and our wedding anniversary) - an AVC that is chez Leon Mege for setting (though I won't receive it until after the holidays, unfortunately). Because I'm bad and snoop, I know he's also getting me an Etro shirt, and probably little things.

Aside from bourbon (and now whiskey stones!), I'm getting him a couple nice pairs of slacks from yoox, a few Etro dress shirts which he loves, some cool beer glasses and a hefty bottle opener from his favorite microbrewery, a beer fridge (the unintentional theme this Xmas appears to be alcohol...need to keep an eye on this!), and some Disney-related things (since he's socal native and we have passes): a vintage map from the 1960s, gift cards for a guided tour, and some Club 33 gifts...

We also do stocking stuffers: things like little books, nice soaps and shaving cream, small denomination gift cards, candy, fruit etc. Yes, we go overboard on gifts - but we have a dog that prevents us from traveling too much (since she can't be boarded/housesat/flown easily), so it balances out!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
As surprising as it may sound, we were under budget for our wedding this past October, so we are splurging a bit on gifts this year.

He's getting me a Samsung Galaxy Tab, and I just got him a 58-in plasma TV for his mancave.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
We have changed our Christmas plans so many times that DH is going to make out like a bandit! We originally planned on having our new car count as our Christmas presents, then we realized that we'd have nothing to open at the family Christmas so we were supposed to get each other something small. So I bought him a sweater and a remote for his laptop. Then I found out that I need to take a week vacation before the new year, so I am picking up a contract that he thought he was going to have to decline. That'll give us some extra cash so we decided that we'd raise the Christmas budget a bit. He's been dropping hints like crazy for a Kindle so I ordered him one on black friday...unfortunately not one of the sale ones, and its international so it can't get here until Jan or Feb! I decided to get him a nice case for it so he has something to open under the tree. All in all, he's getting a sweater, an apple remote, an Kindle, and a Kindle case.

I'm a bit concerned about my present though. My watch is losing time so I asked for a nice watch. I sent him a list of watches that I liked that range in price from 150-300. He came home from Walmart yesterday saying that they have watches that look exactly like some of the links I sent him, but for 20 dollars...He doesn't get that there's a difference...We'll see what happens.

ETA: That sounds a bit selfish. Its our first Christmas with my family so I'm a bit sensitive of how a disparity like that might look to them. He's pretty clueless about watches and jewlery so he just doesn't get why he would spend more on it.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Im at a loss what to get my SO :(sad he wants snowboard boots but he'll need to pick them himself, so i need something for a surprise on Christmas morning...

kateydid, skydiving is an awesome idea - id go that but i dont think its really worth it where we live, its better saved for a more spectacular backdrop...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Exactly what I want--shearling slippers. I bought him a Belstaff coat.

cheers--Sharon

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I've told my husband not to buy me anything under any circumstances since Byron's medical bills put a massive crimp in my savings plan this year.

If Byron is healthy enough for us to take a quick trip, then we might spend a few days in the Caribbean in Jan. or Feb. to relax a little. If he's not healthy enough to go anywhere, then he told me he wants to buy something for the house. But I'm not going to bring it up and am content for him to keep his money in the bank.

Cehrabehra, I'm sorry to hear about your husband's spoilt surprise :( D loves surprises as well (giving and getting), so he would have been really upset if he'd planned something nice and it went all wrong, too. I'm sure he knows that it's the thought that counts!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
Blackpaw|1292001588|2793317 said:
Im at a loss what to get my SO :(sad he wants snowboard boots but he'll need to pick them himself, so i need something for a surprise on Christmas morning...

kateydid, skydiving is an awesome idea - id go that but i dont think its really worth it where we live, its better saved for a more spectacular backdrop...

Blackpaw I feel the same way in terms of the scenery. I have no desire to skydive anyway. I had asked my boyfriend awhile ago about the lack of nice scenery and he explained that Philadelphia would look less "grey" from that high up, haha. He also just wants to go and have the experience so it does not matter too much at what he's looking at. The good thing about the place I purchased from is that the excursion is good for 18 months so he can go when it's nicer out and not in the harsh winter!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
FL Steph|1291990725|2793140 said:
Nothing.

How fun! We went to the one in Orlando last year and it was amazing! So much fun, but be sure to really layer up (wear gloves and hats!).

FLSteph...we went last year as well...which is where I learned I need to buy ear protection. Here's a picture!

vc10um ICE 2009.jpg

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
We don't do gifts to each other at Christmas, but we'll take a day off work and go shopping together at some point in the new year, see what takes our fancy.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
kateydid05|1292002270|2793331 said:
Blackpaw|1292001588|2793317 said:

Blackpaw I feel the same way in terms of the scenery. I have no desire to skydive anyway. I had asked my boyfriend awhile ago about the lack of nice scenery and he explained that Philadelphia would look less "grey" from that high up, haha. He also just wants to go and have the experience so it does not matter too much at what he's looking at. The good thing about the place I purchased from is that the excursion is good for 18 months so he can go when it's nicer out and not in the harsh winter!

that's good, a winter jump would be awful i think, he best wait til a nice day comes along! we've been lucky, we got to skydive a couple of years ago in Namibia - we looked over the desert and the sea, it was amazing. But where we live now would just be fields (and smog!!) - i should preface that by saying we live in a lovely place, but the closest skydiving spot is not so lovely!

still its such an adrenalin rush im sure your SO will love it, and a city would look cool i think - so long as he doesnt get too close :bigsmile:

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
We originally had plans to purchase each other a few things: a new camera, some new clothes, a kindle for me and some music equipment for him. We decided recently not to exchange gifts this year but have that list in mind for purchases late next year :D

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1292002392|2793334 said:
FL Steph|1291990725|2793140 said:
Nothing.

FLSteph...we went last year as well...which is where I learned I need to buy ear protection. Here's a picture!
Haha, oh good, glad you know to bundle up...we were walking around in the same pose as you the whole time...9 degrees is cold!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Love Street|1291998073|2793259 said:
purselover|1291991559|2793154 said:
release so when I saw it last week I snatched it up early!) whisky stones to cool down beverages and I'm going to get a book on wine and spirits (for paper).

I usualy just lurk around hangout but I had to pipe up to say *thank you* Purselover for giving me this idea of whiskey stones!! My DH has been on a bourbon kick so I've gotten him two nice bottles on his list and a couple of books on whiskey and bourbon. However, I know nothing about it, and hadn't come across whiskey stones until now when you mentioned them (and I subsequently googled them). Great idea - thank you!!

I'm glad I unknowingly inspired you, your DH is going to love all the thought you put into everything!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
We are buying one 60 inch TV together (for each other) for the living room. The old 50 TV is now in our bedroom :appl: !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results