shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your favorite type of dog & why did you choose it?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
The title could be worded better but I ran out of room to type...

I'm watching the dog show on Animal Planet right now, and I keep choosing one favorite dog after another. "I love that one...no that one...THAT one's great too!" It got me thinking about why we choose particular breeds (or why we choose dogs from a shelter).

My favorite type of dog is one that is probably small-medium sized (one that doesn't yap though). I've recently seen a maltipoo who is adorable. I didn't think I'd be interested in designer dogs but this one is awesome -- a little dog who thinks he's a giant. Unfortunately, he's spoken for. If we were getting a dog today, I'd opt for a Havanese. They're somewhat energetic but also laid back. They're great for families, and even thought it's just my husband and me at home, I'd love to get a dog that would be great with kids (so our friends and their kids can feel safe playing with him/her). Havanese are also great dogs for people with allergies. My husband is mildly allergic, so that's something we need to keep in mind.

I also love larger dogs like labs, goldens, newfs, Portuguese water dogs, etc., but they're not the right fit for my husband and me right now.

I've only had one dog, and she was our only family pet. We got her when I was 12, and she was with our family for almost 16 years before passing away. My parents had gotten her from a couple nearby whose dog had puppies, and the puppies were being sold for $20. Casey was a terrier mix -- a terrier, sheepdog, and spaniel. My parents were strictly looking for a family pet, and I'm not sure how much research they did before choosing one. They weren't looking for a particular breed. They just kept their eyes open for something that sounded like a good (potential) fit. Luckily, they got a fantastic puppy and we loved her very much.

What's your favorite type of dog? Why did you choose the type you have at home?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Re: What's your favorite type of dog & why did you choose it

Japanese Chin! Quiet, small, always cheerful. Affectionate without being clingy, just freaking adorable. Not the smartest (forget tricks) but just so easy, you barely know you have a dog. More like a cat in personality. Most people that have one end up getting 3 and 4 because they are just so easy going and cute. Nice to cats, and they love babies. A 20 minute walk is enough for the day. No groomer, just brush once a week. They are really quiet, except they like to play every few days, zooming around the house. Just too cute all around!

Some pics!

images-2.jpeg

images-1.jpeg

images.jpeg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cute, Lander!

Here's a pic of a Havanese. I also love the multicolored ones too.

havanesepup.jpg

Efe

Brilliant_Rock

I am also in love with Japanese Chins. We have two and they are completely addicting. Best dogs I have ever had, but boy do they shed.

soocool

Ideal_Rock

I love shepherds, labs, collies, retrievers. But I don't think I would love all the fur flying around. I had a schnauzer (non shedding)growing up named Steuben (Stuey for short) and he was the smartest and friendliest dog in the world. So a few years ago DH and I got a mini schnauzer for DD and love him to death. He seldom barks and will talk to his favorite neighbors. Yes, he speaks to the neighbors - it is so interesting and cute how he communicates with them. He may be hyper for about 2 minutes when he sees and greets you, then settles down and goes to his spot. He obeys all commands (he also knows German commands - my dad taught him one time when we were away for 2 weeks and dad watched him) and loves to play catch , frisbee, and hide and go seek. He is a real companion and a member of the family.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock

My favorite dogs are medium to large - I love big dogs, though I'm not sure I would own one. I think 35-50lb dogs are just the right size for not taking up my whole house, and still being able to get them into the bathtub ;))

I really love the hunting dogs - Brittanys are my favorite (http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/brittany.htm), but pretty much any of the spaniels, pointers, retrievers, etc would make great dogs for me. I like that they are tuned into people and want to work with their people - they're smart and easily trained, while also being friendly.

I love herding breeds as well, though I worry they have too much energy for my lifestyle. Border collies are beautiful!

That pretty much covers my favorite breeds and types. For shelter dogs, I always fall in love with the ones who have German shepherd coloring (especially if they have floppy ears!) or are tri-colored (mostly black, with tan and white markings on the face, feet, and chest).

I think our first dog will be a Brittany puppy from a breeder. Our second dog will probably be a muttsky from the shelter - probably not a small puppy, but a young dog around a year old. We'd love to go through the puppy experience, but may not be up for it twice ::)

I grew up with four different mini schnauzers and loved them! They weren't well bred and were a good 5-10lbs larger than the breed standard, but we loved that they were a little larger and more mellow. Because of them I do find myself drawn to terriers, but I'm not drawn to the barking or the grooming. I love that hunting dogs are more wash and wear. Also, we have rabbits now and plan to have rabbits as long as possible, so a terrier might not be the best fit. They have one of the highest hunting drives and it would probably be a lot of work to get one to get along. Strangely, I think hunting dogs are a great fit - they have a drive to track down game, but unlike terriers and hounds are not bred to actually kill the game. They have a lot of self-control to be able to find a bird, then wait for the hunter to come and deal with it, so I think they would be able to learn to leave the rabbits alone fairly easily. We might just have a puppy who likes to "point" the rabbits for a couple months ::)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Oh, lordy, it was actually somewhat hard for us to choose a breed. I grew up with labs and loved them and D never had a dog, but was drawn towards Brittany Spaniels, so when we started talking about getting a dog we started there.

After thinking about our lives--active on weekends, but working during the week, wanted to start a family within the dog's life, likely to live in the suburbs and near the water--we decided that neither a lab or a Brittany Spaniel fit our needs.

We quickly gravitated towards dogs in the working group because they were most in line with what we wanted--larger, people-pleasing (easy to train), family-friendly, likes having a "purpose", but not overly energetic. I had always loved great danes, but seemed to find the rescue breeds appealing: St. Bernards, Newfoundlands, Bernese Mountain Dogs. We honed in on the Newfoundland pretty quickly because they seemed the most gentle and kid-friendly and they are water dogs.

We scheduled a visit with a breeder from the Colonial Newfoundland Club (we were living in DC at that time) and when I saw my first newfs, I fell head over heels. I spent hours playing the breeder's dogs and asking questions. We moved to Boston soon after and I visited more breeders up here and about a year or year and a half later, we brought home Byron! I will always have at least one newf, though I'm open to owning another breed at some point, but I will likely stick to breeds within the working group.

I love LOTS of breeds, but for us finding a dog that fit our current and future lives was really important and I'm so glad we have the dogs we do. I feel very lucky.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have loved German Shepherds since I was a little girl. I had my first one about 10 years old. Love them, but about 6 years ago,
on vacation we wandered into a pet store and found a little guy we could not leave there. His name is Maxx and he is a mini
Dachsund. He is so much fun and so easy to get along with. He is a bit protective and loves to bite the ankles of people who come
to our front door. He's a speedy guy and somethings gets there before we can say 'no'. He is obedient otherwise. Funny, loving,
and a adorable personality. I wish we had bought two.

31990_428079916203_677676203_5453564_4537163_n.jpg

31990_428079961203_677676203_5453568_4758827_n.jpg

31990_428079936203_677676203_5453565_954360_n.jpg

Prana

Brilliant_Rock

My favoirte type of dog used to be little mutts (think shi-tzu mixes) because they don't shed and you can bring them pretty much everywhere. Plus, they tend to be good family dogs.

When DH and I decided to get a dog, we researched and tried to find a dog that would best fit our lifestyle...we wanted a dog that we could hike with, walk long distances with, jog with every once in a while, and one that would be very loyal and loving to us and our family. We ended up with this lummox boris1.jpg and now he's my favorite type! :wacko:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was watching that show this morning too!

I love Cavalier King Charles Spaniels - i have a tri color (black, white, and tan).

I ALWAYS had really big dogs growing up - three german shepherds and two labs, so the idea of a small dog was always unappealing to me. When i decided to get a dog, i did a ton of research, because i live in a small 2 bedroom condo and i knew it wouldn't be a great fit for a big dog.

I like spaniels - they are pretty friendly in general i think. The Cavalier is the smallest of the spaniels and the largest of the toy breeds -they weigh anywhere from 15 - 25 lbs. My dog grew up with golden retrievers as his best buddies, so perhaps that is why he is the way he is. He loves the water, and swims in the ocean, any lake, pond etc. He also retrievs a ball for HOURS at a time, and there's nothing he loves more than his chuck-it. We can't even say the word ball around here, because he goes nuts. He weighs in at about 18 lbs, and is easy to pick up and move/bathe if you need to -- and they are really good apartment dwellers.

We just got a friend for our cavalier -- she's a beautiful little mutt :love: I'll attach a pic of my cavalier and my new "mix"

Attachments

• ripinwaterbeach.bmp
    801.7 KB · Views: 630

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Prana, is that an american bulldog? i swear he looks just like my friend's dog - they've always wanted to know what he is!!!

Here's my cavalier's new friend - Rhonda. Definitely golden retriever, and no one knows what else! My cavalier LOVES her to death - the two are inseparable. My husband says we should always have one cavalier and one rescue dog - i think it's a good plan :tongue:

Attachments

• funnyrhondaxmas.bmp
    450.1 KB · Views: 626

atroop711

Ideal_Rock

Don't have a dog now but had 3 diff. types as a kid. We had a silky terrier, boston terrier and a mut. The boston terrier
was by far my favorite. Lots of energy, playful and smart.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock

violet3|1292687715|2800337 said:
Prana, is that an american bulldog? i swear he looks just like my friend's dog - they've always wanted to know what he is!!!

Here's my cavalier's new friend - Rhonda. Definitely golden retriever, and no one knows what else! My cavalier LOVES her to death - the two are inseparable. My husband says we should always have one cavalier and one rescue dog - i think it's a good plan :tongue:
He is an American Bulldog!

I always love dog threads....all these furry mooshy babies just make my heart melt!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

My sister is a dog trainer and she trains all sorts of puppies. She's even traveled to see us with one of them. The owner actually thought it would be a good training experience for the pup to travel (fly) across the country with his trainer and spend a few days socializing with our family. Anyway...it's fun to hear all her stories of the many pups she works with. My favorite was the maltipoo I mentioned above.

My sister has a chinook and she rescued a mix that isn't part chinook but he looks very similar to one. They're beautiful dogs! They wouldn't be a good match for my husband and me because we're (honestly) not up for that level of energy they have. I'd prefer to have a more laid back pup.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

You all have such huggable fun dogs! And you thought about what you can give them before you got them -- angels all of you!

For me it's Siberian Huskies. When I was a kid we had a boxer & then a golden & I adored them. Love just about every dog there is.

But for a time DH & I were both unemployed, trying to be cheap. We lived in San Francisco & one day there was a dog show at the Cow Palace -- free, just our speed. I was definitely NOT looking for a dog, already had a cat I took in off the street. A bunch of Siberians waited outside the ring to go in, and I swear, I was hit by lightning! Never had such an experience before or since. HAD to have one. They are difficult pets -- need a LOT of exercise, very independent, smarter than I am, MUST always be leashed or fenced when outside or you'll never see them again (bred to run, after all), but they are a total joy. Great sense of humor, good w/kids & other dogs & anybody who's nice to them, lousy watchdogs, sweet sweet. They are somewhat cat-like in disposition, don't hang around & ask for my permission to breathe, kind of do their own thing. But real affectionate & funny funny funny. I've had them now for 20 years & did rescue for about 15 to pay back this wonderful breed.

Right now I have Buck, whose 13th birthday is in 10 days, and Charlie (she's a girl!), 7 yrs old.

--- Laurie

BuckCalendar.jpg

Baby Charlie c.4 wks.jpg

Charlie & Buck.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JewelFreak|1292689433|2800355 said:
You all have such huggable fun dogs! And you thought about what you can give them before you got them -- angels all of you!

For me it's Siberian Huskies. When I was a kid we had a boxer & then a golden & I adored them. Love just about every dog there is.

But for a time DH & I were both unemployed, trying to be cheap. We lived in San Francisco & one day there was a dog show at the Cow Palace -- free, just our speed. I was definitely NOT looking for a dog, already had a cat I took in off the street. A bunch of Siberians waited outside the ring to go in, and I swear, I was hit by lightning! Never had such an experience before or since. HAD to have one. They are difficult pets -- need a LOT of exercise, very independent, smarter than I am, MUST always be leashed or fenced when outside or you'll never see them again (bred to run, after all), but they are a total joy. Great sense of humor, good w/kids & other dogs & anybody who's nice to them, lousy watchdogs, sweet sweet. They are somewhat cat-like in disposition, don't hang around & ask for my permission to breathe, kind of do their own thing. But real affectionate & funny funny funny. I've had them now for 20 years & did rescue for about 15 to pay back this wonderful breed.

Right now I have Buck, whose 13th birthday is in 10 days, and Charlie (she's a girl!), 7 yrs old.

--- Laurie

Laurie,

Buck and Charlie are ridiculously cute!!! One of my favorite movies is 8 below, where the dogs are stuck in the winter and fend for themselves until their owner comes back for them - made me cry!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock

I have two favorites. the first is the Min Pin. They are so expressive, loyal, smart and they can run with the big dogs. These dogs are often called the King of Toys which is a title well deserved. My two min pins are perfect for hubby and I but I would never advise somebody with children to choose this kind of dog. They need strong pack leaders and firm rules to do well in a household. Rottweilers are my second favorite. They're are very misunderstood gentle giants. Often times nothing but a lazy couch potato they are also very smart and "sensitive" dogs. A firm voice is all that is needed to correct a rottie when needed. Tank was the best social dog I ever had. Not once did I worry about him snapping at a child or adult. Little kids could pull his ears, play with his lips and try to ride him and all he would do is wag his tail and lay down. Both breeds are not beginner breeds and for anybody looking for a first time dog Shelties and Collies are wonderful for that.

Here are my two loves - Tank and Milo. After Tank left us we adopted a min pin from the min pin rescue as a buddy for Milo. Poor thing is dumb as rocks. We found out his breeders mated two blues. This is a HUGE no no as blues only happen from a gene mutation. He also has bad allergies :(sad

Attachments

• Tank and Milo.bmp
    576.1 KB · Views: 596

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have two favorite breeds: Great Danes and French Bulldogs.

My Dane was the sweetest, most loving dog ever. He just had the most wonderful personality! And he was unbelievably gentle. My friend's todder actually stuck her entire arm in his mouth once, clear up to the shoulder. He didn't even bat an eyelash. Just a wonderful, wonderful dog.

About six months or so after Caesar (our Dane) passed away, I felt like I was ready for a puppy. I thought that might help a bit with my grief over losing Caesar. I was really conflicted about it though, because I just wasn't totally sure I was ready. I knew I definitely wasn't ready for another Dane, so DH and I looked at smaller breeds. (After all, it's not like we could have looked at BIGGER breeds! LOL!) We had both seen pictures of French Bulldogs, and we were just so taken with those little faces! So we did a lot of research into the breed, and discovered that they were just what we were looking for. I found a wonderful breeder and flew halfway across the country in September of 2009 to pick up our puppy, Tucker. I'll try to attach a seasonally-appropriate pic. ;))

100_0512.JPG

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here's another pic, where he looks much more like a Frenchie and much less like a terrified reindeer. :lol:

401.JPG

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Irishgrrrl|1292693428|2800386 said:
Here's another pic, where he looks much more like a Frenchie and much less like a terrified reindeer. :lol:

i LOVE french bulldogs!!!! my neighbors have a brindle and she is absolutely adorable :love:

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

violet3|1292693842|2800391 said:
Irishgrrrl|1292693428|2800386 said:

i LOVE french bulldogs!!!! my neighbors have a brindle and she is absolutely adorable :love:

LOL! Violet, they are little love sponges! I think we'll always have at least one Frenchie in our house! :bigsmile:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

For me, its Papillons. I've always liked foxy faces ... grew up with a mini sheltie/collie mix who I loved sooooo much! And adore tri-color types. But its the tiny shrunken down big dog proportions & smiley lovey happy personality that KILLS ME! Papillons are also VERY smart, very loyal, incredibly sweet. Its like living with a furry angel. Seriously.

Somehow I just didn't realize these tiny, tiny types of dogs existed. If I'd known I'd have ALWAYS wanted one. Previously I was considering corgis (foxy too!) which I still like. Recently I stumbled upon a wacko "designer"(ugh) breed called Paperanians: cross between Paps & Poms. Some of those are soooooo cute. We're also a tiny bit in love with some shelter pups right now & considering adopting one to add to our fam of one Pap & two cats. I won't mention *that* breed because I'm paranoid someone will google it and snatch them away! :tongue:

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock

soocool|1292680745|2800286 said:
I love shepherds, labs, collies, retrievers. But I don't think I would love all the fur flying around. I had a schnauzer (non shedding)growing up named Steuben (Stuey for short) and he was the smartest and friendliest dog in the world. So a few years ago DH and I got a mini schnauzer for DD and love him to death. He seldom barks and will talk to his favorite neighbors. Yes, he speaks to the neighbors - it is so interesting and cute how he communicates with them. He may be hyper for about 2 minutes when he sees and greets you, then settles down and goes to his spot. He obeys all commands (he also knows German commands - my dad taught him one time when we were away for 2 weeks and dad watched him) and loves to play catch , frisbee, and hide and go seek. He is a real companion and a member of the family.

I love mini-schnauzers! My parents have one named Stella, and like your dog, she is very vocal. She really lets you know what she's thinking. :))

I have an Italian Greyhound. I have severe allergies, so I needed a dog who would not shed very much. She has short bursts of crazy energy followed by long naps, preferably on my lap or in a sun beam.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock

Kittygolightly- I always wanted an Italian Greyhound. I love the way they look! Are they as fragile as they look? I'd be afraid that I would break it by accident... ;))

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock

We chose our long-haired miniature dachshunds for a few reasons. They have hair not fur, so are good for people with allergies. They do not shed regularly, but instead drop their coat twice a year. They are small enough to pick up if you need to, and small enough that they do not totally require a walk every single day. They are lazy 8) . They are not "yappy" though they do like to bark, the only downside I would say. And cute. so we mostly chose the breed because it fit out lifestyle well!

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock

Dobermanns. Ive had all kinds of dogs in my life, australian shepherds, german shepherds, queensland heelers, pitbulls, and a couple of small breeds like chi mixes and doxies. Overall, I have discovered I like large dogs, but Dobermanns in particular have completely stolen my heart. I will always own at least one from now til I die. I love dobies because..
1. Highly intelligent
2. very easily trained
3. working breed, therefore wants to please its owner
4. they "talk" I guess only a fellow dobie owner would understand that so I will explain. Any time my Dobie wants anything she has certain voice inflections for certain things, so I always *know* what she needs. She has a different sound for needing to go outside, if she is hungry, wants to play, etc.
5. They are very protective of their families.
6. they are extremely affectionate.
7. they are extremely sensitive dogs, making training a breeze as well as being nice for cuddling.
8,. They are intimidating. Yes, I like the fact that people wont come near me when Im walking our girl, and I also like knowing that if I was to be alone at night, that my dobie would do whatever it took to protect/defend me from an intruder, as well as anyone else in our family.
I could go on and on, Im a devoted dobermann owner. BUT they are not for beginners! I would never suggest a person who is *new* to dogs to get a dobermann as they can walk all over you if you allow them to. They require an alpha human who is willing to train them and run/walk them daily. They certainly require alot of time and effort, but they give so much in return. The only thing I hate is they have a relatively short lifespan. :(sad

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love reading everyone's stories. The pics are adorable too!

Prana -- you changed your name! I've said it before, but your dog is beautiful!

Okay, I'm officially obsessed with Havanese pups. I keep looking at different pics online and I want one really badly. It will be so hard to wait a few years but it's probably for the best. There's a part of me that wonders how our 2 cats will adjust since they've been our only pets for the past 4 years. Is it fair to bring a dog into the house? They've never been around dogs before. Lots to think about...

For those who have a specific breed (instead of a mix/mutt), did you go through the AKC to find breeders? I've heard that there's controversy over the AKC -- some things I've heard have said that just because someone's dog is registered with them, it doesn't mean that the dog is any "better" than one who didn't go that route. The critics have said that there are plenty of great, reputable breeders and dogs out there that aren't affiliated with the AKC. What's your take? I know this is a different topic, but it kind of relates, and well, I began the thread so I don't mind... :bigsmile:

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock

Zoe- While DH and I's dobie is AKC registered, this was not part of our criteria when looking for our dog. We only wanted a dobermann to be our family pet, not a show dog. To us, the personality of the dogs mother and father was way more important than perfection in looks. Although our girl IS perfect, if I do say so myself. :praise: Because of BYBs, dobermanns have gotten a bad wrap, they are very sweet, but BYBs dont breed for personality/health, they breed for size. So if you are looking to get a dog like this or german shepherds, rotties, chows, pits etc. it might be a good idea to find a person who owns one with a personality you like, and ask what breeder they bought their dog from. This is how we found our breeder. We found a breeder through a friend whose dogs personality was outstanding, contacted the breeder, and got on her list. FYI- any GOOD breeder worth their salt will not have puppies available immediately, and you will go on a list for sometimes up to 2 years waiting for a dog. A good breeder will also want to ask questions about your home, want to know if you have a yard, and will want you (typically) to sign a form saying you WILL NOT breed said dog(unless it is a show dog). Most good breeders will also agree to take the dog back if they are not suited to your personality, or have to rehome your dog. In short, good breeders actually care about the dogs.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Zoe|1292707358|2800525 said:

Okay, I'm officially obsessed with Havanese pups. I keep looking at different pics online and I want one really badly. It will be so hard to wait a few years but it's probably for the best. There's a part of me that wonders how our 2 cats will adjust since they've been our only pets for the past 4 years. Is it fair to bring a dog into the house? They've never been around dogs before. Lots to think about...

For those who have a specific breed (instead of a mix/mutt), did you go through the AKC to find breeders? I've heard that there's controversy over the AKC -- some things I've heard have said that just because someone's dog is registered with them, it doesn't mean that the dog is any "better" than one who didn't go that route. The critics have said that there are plenty of great, reputable breeders and dogs out there that aren't affiliated with the AKC. What's your take? I know this is a different topic, but it kind of relates, and well, I began the thread so I don't mind... :bigsmile:

Zoe, I LOVE havanese! I watched an animal planet show about a few breeds and the havanese was one - they had such great things to say about that breed, and said they are really rising in this country in popularity. I think part of it is it their hypo allergenic nature, but probably those adorable faces too!

I have a friend with two cats who got a dog about a year ago - the cats will adjust - the one cat doesn't really like him, but in all fairness, she doesn't like ANYONE. The other cat loves him and they play play play.

When i got Rip, I did go through the AKC website, and i too have heard some controversies over this. The reason I did, is because the Cavalier breed has HUGE health issues due to overbreeding, the worst of which is a heart defect/murmur that eventually leads to death through congestive heart failure. In lines that are bred improperly they can often die at ages 6-8, and i just knew my heart couldn't take that. That's not to say Rip will live forever, but his great great grandmommy was 15 when i went to visit the litter, so i AM SOOOOO hopeful!

If you do your research on the breed, figure out what kind of health problems they have. If they have inbreeding problems, i would go with a referral (but that's just me). My breeder was expensive - not the most, but really not the least. I think that comes with the good breeding too, so don't be surprised if the good breeders are much more than you would see on puppyfind.com or some website like that.

Yay for puppies!!!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock

Zoe|1292707358|2800525 said:

Yes, I did change my name!

To answer your breed specific question from my own point of view.....We determined what type of dog we wanted first. Since it wasn't a mutt, we decided that we wanted to buy from a reputable breeder. Specifically with American Bulldogs (and any working breed dog, powerful dog, or dog that has potential to cause significant damage if something goes wrong), we wanted to feel secure that we did everything correctly to avoid any weird breeding issues, brain damage, bad breeding, inbreeding or bad lineage. We lucked out and found a breeder 20 miles from our house. She researched us, we researched her, and it was a match made in heaven! Am. Bulldogs are not recognized by the AKC, but ARE recognized by the UKC, and this breeder is associated with them and provided us with our dogs family tree, which included all titles and championships received by each of his direct ancestors, including the excellence of their hips and health. For us, this did make a difference because with a breed such as Am. bulldogs which are prone to hip and knee problems, we see that he comes from a long line of good, strong dogs. Bully breeds are also prone to overbreeding, which is where you will see the temperment and health issues arise. We definitely wanted to avoid that, seeing as how our bully is 90lb and VERY powerful! We wanted to make sure we were as prepared and in control as possible!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results