Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
O+ - universal donor :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1342969358|3238100 said:
Enerchi|1342967099|3238088 said:

I thought only O neg was the universal donor?

ooops!!! tee hee... you are right, I am wrong... :oops: (bad nurse - you don't want me helping when you get sick!! :lol: )

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our family of four is all A+. It must be dominant or something. I have no clue about this stuff.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
A negative........

D

Deactivated member 42515

It's pretty interesting cuz in Korean culture, your blood type kinda explains what kind of personality you have. And it works! I don't know what mine is tho!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
My father is O something and my mother is AB+ I think - it might be AB neg, I know she has the rarest, whichever that is....she used to donate blood like crazy but one time they told her she had problems w her blood (almost like, told her she had HIV or something really bad) and after the follow ups which said she had no problems, she doesnt go through that much anymore. I think she has given 3 times or less since the early 90s and all at the urging of my sis and I.

I think B+ which is what I am is the third "rarest" but is like 12% of the pop, so ultimately not that rare.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YayTacori|1342972341|3238122 said:
It's pretty interesting cuz in Korean culture, your blood type kinda explains what kind of personality you have. And it works! I don't know what mine is tho!

that sounds interesting, YayTacori!! Do you have any info that you can share or link us to? I'd be curious to read up on that!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
A-

Hubby is A+.

Rhogam shots hurt. Hoping the baby is Rh- so I can avoid another shot after delivery.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Without getting too detailed, a few years ago I needed to find out my blood type in order to see if I would be able to donate for my dad. I've had 3 surgeries yet nobody knew my blood type. So, I have absolutely no idea what it is.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1342974652|3238149 said:
Without getting too detailed, a few years ago I needed to find out my blood type in order to see if I would be able to donate for my dad. I've had 3 surgeries yet nobody knew my blood type. So, I have absolutely no idea what it is.

If you had surgery in a hospital, they definitely know what your blood type is. No one would operate on a person without knowing what it was in case they needed a transfusion. They don't always readily share it with you and they will never take your word for it - they always retype upon any admission to a hospital.

Another simple way to find out your blood type is to donate blood. The American Red Cross will then send you a card with your blood type on it.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1342975855|3238158 said:

If you had surgery in a hospital, they definitely know what your blood type is. No one would operate on a person without knowing what it was in case they needed a transfusion. They don't always readily share it with you and they will never take your word for it - they always retype upon any admission to a hospital.

Another simple way to find out your blood type is to donate blood. The American Red Cross will then send you a card with your blood type on it.

Well, that's what I thought too but even after they looked through the records because I really needed to know if I was a match, they told me they didn't know. This was also two different hospitals. Two surgeries in one hospital and my other in a different. Neither one could tell me. Don't know.

Also, I've donated blood multiple times through American Red Cross blood drives and I've never gotten a card with my blood type on it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1342977408|3238166 said:

Well, that's what I thought too but even after they looked through the records because I really needed to know if I was a match, they told me they didn't know. This was also two different hospitals. Two surgeries in one hospital and my other in a different. Neither one could tell me. Don't know.

Also, I've donated blood multiple times through American Red Cross blood drives and I've never gotten a card with my blood type on it.

That's odd - they send me a card every time I donate. Give them a call and see if they won't send you one.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1342978054|3238174 said:
Autumnovember|1342977408|3238166 said:

That's odd - they send me a card every time I donate. Give them a call and see if they won't send you one.

I'm going to be donating blood within the next coming weeks so I will definitely find out. I've been stumped about the hospital not knowing my blood type ever since they told me they "didn't know."

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
B+

D

Deactivated member 42515

Enerchi said:
YayTacori|1342972341|3238122 said:

that sounds interesting, YayTacori!! Do you have any info that you can share or link us to? I'd be curious to read up on that!!

Try this!
http://blog.korea.net/?p=5911

It IS really interesting! The site doesn't go as much into what I think they could but covers the basics. My mom is type A and she is the ultimate over analyzer and the ultimate reason why she is A: she never forgives as forgets! Haha

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1342967099|3238088 said:

I am O+ and thought that too, but found out that we O+ folks are actually universal recipients.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results