shape
carat
color
clarity

What piece of jewelry holds the most sentimental value for you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I''m getting dressed to go to a wedding now, and as I''m putting on my jewelry I started to think about this. I have certain pieces of jewelry I wear every day, but then there are certain ones that are more sentimental than others.

I think for me, my engagement ring is the most sentimental gift from my husband. Out of all the jewelry he has given me, my engagement ring is definitely the one piece I am most attached to and holds the most sentimental value for me.

I also have this necklace that I wore to my wedding that my mom gave me before my wedding day - it is a diamond with a halo on a chain. The diamond is from the engagement ring my father had given her when they got engaged, and after their divorce she took the diamond and made it into a necklace for herself. She wore it for about 15 years and then decided that since I was getting married, she it was time for her to give it to me because she thought it should belong to me now that they are no longer married. We re-designed the necklace to include the halo, and I love wearing it. Even though it was a diamond from the engagement ring of a marriage that didn''t last, wearing it still makes me feel close to both of them. I don''t think I can explain it so well, but that''s definitely the piece of jewelry (other than my engagement ring) that holds the most sentimental value for me.

What about everyone else? What piece of jewelry are you most attached to for sentimental reasons?

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I currently have two pieces that mean a lot to me.

The first is my sapphire ring that my mom gave to me on my 21st birthday, and it has a similar meaning to me that your necklace has to you. The setting is the the setting of the engagement ring my father gave to her. My parents had recently divorced, and while it was an amicable parting of ways (they are actually close friends now!), she felt it was too painful to keep the engagement ring. So, she had the diamond reset in something for her, symbolic of her new life, and she had my birthstone put into the setting (it is a thin platinum band with baguettes) as a reminder of the good things that came from their marriage. It is a beautiful ring, and I love both my parents dearly - so having this ring means a lot to me.

The other ring was my maternal grandmother's ring, though I don't know much else about it. It's a small gold ring, and it is two hands clasped - sort of like a claddagh ring, but not. I never knew my grandmother, because she passed away when my mother was very, very young, but everytime I wear this ring I just feel like I have a part of her with me and she's keeping an eye on me.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
My most sentimental piece of jewelery is my promise ring from my boyfriend. Hopefully in the next month I''ll be getting an engagement ring and THAT will be the most sentimental :)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I have two, my promise ring and my cross. SO gave these to me, and he went based on what I picked that I had liked, but completely surprised. me. Love him.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first engagement ring, my first upgrade and my diamond bracelet.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My engagement ring. My wedding band. My BGD Pendant. My seven stone band. My baguette eternity band (that needs to be fixed, big time). All of those are irreplacable for me.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
My engagement ring - I''d be crushed if anything happened to it. Followed by my pearls - I wore them on my wedding day, and since they were an add-a-pearl started by my godparents, I also wore them for special occasions growing up as the necklace grew. There are pearls in there that my grandpa gave my grandma after returning from the pacific in WWII, also. After that, all my pieces are sentimental, but on a more equal plane.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Right now, my e-ring because it is beautiful and represents so much. I honestly don''t think I will ever upgrade because I can''t imagine parting with it!

Also, my RHR that I received as a gift from my parents for my college graduation. It is a beautiful pave band that I LOVE.

A lot of my jewelry is meaningful but those are the two most sentimental.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
The matching bands JD and I have w/our names and anniversary date on them. My pearl ring and necklace from my parents, and an opal necklace my gramma gave me on my wedding day the my grampa made for her. I''ve got a loose opal of his that will be getting set in a ring shortly, so that too.

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
The vintage amethyst pendant that my mil gave me. It was hers, given to her by fil when they were very young and she gave it to me. We''re very close and she says she thinks of me as the daughter she always wanted and she fills in all the blanks for me on the things missing from my relationship with my own mom. The pendant reminds me of our good relationship.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It''s a cheapy little gold necklace that my husband got me when we first started dating.

See, we told one another that we felt "like that" about one another just before he was scheduled to fly home to Europe to see his family for two weeks, after we had been just friends for three years. So I spent those two weeks treasuring the time we got on the phone, and worrying that we might have screwed up a really good thing, and desperately looking forward to seeing him again upon his return.

Well, for the past three years of dating other people, he''d gotten a good glimpse into how my mind worked, and had many a discussion with me about attitudes towards things like gift-giving (some of my boyfriends during those 3 years had, um, fallen a bit short). And despite not being a jewelry person AT ALL, when he got back, one of the first things he did was pull out a stack of little things he''d gotten because they reminded him of me/he thought I''d like them - like a book of Swedish fairy tales (he''s Swedish, I study fairy tales), and a pretty little gold necklace.

It''s not my usual style at all (gold box chain strung with very modern diamond-cut lengths of wire), but I treasure it because it''s such a tangible reminder of what a sweet and sensitive and thoughtful guy I lucked into being with ....

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pendant, it was custom made for my 30th birthday, my mother-in-law was dying from lung cancer and she had it made just for me before she died, it is a 14K and it has 2 circles, one bigger then the other and then it has probably a 2pt diamond in it, I love the necklace because she had it made for me, I miss her everyday, we were so close.
7.gif

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 6:43:43 PM
Author: diamondrnglover
I have a pendant, it was custom made for my 30th birthday, my mother-in-law was dying from lung cancer and she had it made just for me before she died, it is a 14K and it has 2 circles, one bigger then the other and then it has probably a 2pt diamond in it, I love the necklace because she had it made for me, I miss her everyday, we were so close.
7.gif

How special that you have something to remind you of her. You must miss her so much.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I would say my original wedding band and this yellow gold two heart ring which was the first piece of jewelery my husband bought for me.

Neither one fits me anymore, but I am sentimental about them.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Since I''m not engaged I''d have to say my aquamarine ring from my parents. They gave it to me on my 21st birthday. My mom received her birthstone ring on her 21st so she decided to continue the tradition! It may not be the best cut stones or the prettiest setting ever, but I know my mom put so much thought into picking it out. It''s classic and simple and I don''t doubt that I will wear it for the rest of my life (though I may eventually have the stones recut.)

I also have a pair of pearl earrings from my grandmother that I got on my 16th birthday. I wear them all of the time. My sisters and girl cousins have all lost theirs but I still have mine! :)

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
My wedding set...for obvious reasons. I''ve pondered changing them--but I get sad and always back out.

Also, my diamond earrings. On my wedding day my DH sent me a package and a note. The note was wonderful...and inside the package were 2 cttw round diamond earrings. I was thrilled and touched. He bought these by himself, and I had no idea--none. He was shocked that I didn''t know because several thousand dollars was missing from our savings to buy them...but I just never really noticed. I love them, because they are 100% him.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
my e-ring is the most special. I do have 2 rings (sapphire and diamonds) that my husband gave me and I have the set aside for my daughters. I decided to give them each a ring on their 16th bday

tigian

Ideal_Rock
My e-ring is definitely my most special piece of jewelry that I have. I would be so sad without it. Even if I do upgrade in the future, I would like to still keep this ring that I have.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Two most sentimental:

My eng ring
My mom''s eng. diamond that is set into a DBTY pendant

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Most of the Jewlery I wear on a daily Basis is has some sentemental value to me.

The watch I wear belonged to my nana (who died when I was young) and the necklace I wear every day was the first peice of jewlery I every bought myself (when I was 13 or 14) and to me symbolises my independence.

The most important peice to me would be the RHR/Promise ring BF gave afew years ago me because of the story and meaning behind it. To sum up a very long story, we met online but lived on the opisit side of the world to each other. We talked every day for 2 years and I guess fell in love. While I was at University, a spent a year working hard and saving up to come and spend my summer holidays with him and meet face to face. We spent 3 months together exploring England and we had the most amazing time. Our last trip before I had to leave to go back to University was to Nottingham, where we had a great time and stayed in a posh hotel and the next morning we went for a walk round the town (while we sobered up abit) and he took me round jewlery shops to find me a promise ring. We found one, it was beautiful and sparkly. I felt so spoilt. When he gave it to me he told me that even though I had to go home, he promised to come for me when he could and that this wasn''t the end and we would be together again. Needless to say he kept his promise and moved all the way to New Zealand so we can be together. This ring reminds me of everything we overcame to be together and how much he loves me.
1.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
My mom''s pearl brooch.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I dismantled the ruby and diamond ring my Father gave me for my 16th BD--THE most FOOLISH thing I have ever done
8.gif
. Hence the piece that is the most near and dear to my heart was given to me by my DH when my son was born. An emerald cross, he could not have choosen for me more wonderful!

cheers--Sharon

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My engagement ring(s) is right up there. I think that my mom''s ering (for their 27th anniversary) will be a close second and her wedding band. Then comes my Elsa Peretti stacking band from FI. And all of the rest of the jewelry he''s given me comes in around there.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
This little Tiffany ring SO gave me in highschool. I think its called the Tiffany Nature ring or something, it has raised flowers on it. He''s gotten me more expensive jewelery, diamonds, pearls, etc. but for some reason its my favorite. I think its cause we had only been dating for maybe 4 or 5 months, and because I''ve been wearing it ever since.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My original ering diamond (only .15 ct) that is mounted in a heart shaped pendant means the most to me. My diamond dangle earrings would be second on the list. I bought them for myself when I lost over 1/2 of my body weight. They are mismatched color (G & I) and flawed inside (like me) but represent a major achievement in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results