shape
carat
color
clarity

what are your morning routines?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
do you hit the toilet first, then brush your teeth, then shower? or?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, this is a weird question, even for you.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hit the coffee maker first! Everything else can wait!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Once i kinda wake up when my SO leaves for work - i put my eye mask on and sleep a little longer...lol (he works 1st shift, i work 2nd shift)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lay in bed for a minute pouting. Take phone off charger. Then try to get out of bed without falling or making a huge crash from hitting anything (I have horrid balance when Im just waking up). Stumble through the room. Slam into wall/door/doorway. Cuss. Sneak out as quietly as possible.

If Winter: stumble through rest of hallway to office. Put phone on desk. Go back into bathroom. Pee. Wash hands, put in contacts. Plug in hot rollers or curling iron, depending on laziness factor. Wash hands again. Brush teeth. Rinse. Wash hands, dampen face. Blot face with paper towel and dry hands. Apply lotion and whatnots. Curl hair or put in rollers. Draw on brows. Spackle around eyes (this takes about 20 minutes, it's a 10 layer process until I find a concealer that actually conceals anything in less than 10 coats!) Powder all over. Apply eye shadow (shimmery ivory) all over eyes and under eyes. Curl lashes. Apply eyeliner. Mascara. Blush. Powder again. Spray with makeup setting spray. Powder again. Spray again. If used hot rollers, take out. Otherwise grab a hair clip or tie of some kind. Go back into office to change into work clothes. Wake up computer, delete the million spam messages out of inbox. Pack lunch and or breakfast. Put on shoes. Put phone in purse. Leave.

If Summer (we close the hall off and leave our bedroom door open to let the AC use our room as a control. It's hotter than balls in there!)
Go to bathroom door as quietly as possible despite never actually being quiet enough. Kick laundry basket or squeak floor. Finally arrive at bathroom. Sneak into that door as quietly as possible. Close door. Set phone down on window ledge. Pee. Wash hands, put in contacts. Plug in hot rollers or curling iron, depending on laziness factor. Wash hands again. Brush teeth. Rinse. Wash hands, dampen face. Blot face with paper towel and dry hands. Apply lotion and whatnots. Curl hair or put in rollers. Draw on brows. Spackle around eyes (this takes about 20 minutes, it's a 10 layer process until I find a concealer that actually conceals anything in less than 10 coats!) Powder all over. Apply eye shadow (shimmery ivory) all over eyes and under eyes. Curl lashes. Apply eyeliner. Mascara. Blush. Powder again. Spray with makeup setting spray. Powder again. Spray again. If used hot rollers, take out. Otherwise grab a hair clip or tie of some kind. Grab phone. Sneak out as quietly as possible into hallway. Sneak down hallway to office door as quietly as possible. try to not bang into door. Bang into door anyway. Cuss. Try to close door as quietly as possible. Slam it anyway. Cuss. Put phone on desk. Then change into work clothes. Wake up computer, delete the million spam messages out of inbox. Pack lunch and or breakfast. Put on shoes. Put phone in purse. Leave.

Theres usually a chain or two of sneezes in there somewhere too.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ha this is fun!
hit snooze button
usually hit snooze button again
reset alarm for DH who gets up an hour later :angryfire:
toilet
hair in poneytail
brush teeth
wash face
moisturize
chapstick
under-eye concealer & mascara (sometimes)
perfume
grab vitamins
turn on tv for news
get dressed while watching weather & traffic
grab crap to bring into kitchen
kiss sleepy DH goodbye
grab all breakfast & lunch stuff & put in purse
make coffee to go
make protein shake to go
heat up breakfast to go
choke down vitamins with a swig of protein shake
say goodbye to kittahs
grab it all & go!

this takes about 25-30 min during the workweek-weekends are a very different story!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mine is pretty simple, tolit, brush teeth, wash face, drink coffee, read paper, play on computer, at work at 5:00am, I take my showers on my lunch break :wink2: (I work from home)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1338310807|3205562 said:
ha this is fun!
hit snooze button
usually hit snooze button again
reset alarm for DH who gets up an hour later :angryfire:
kiss sleepy DH goodbye
I WISH I could hit snooze. DH is a light sleeper and every sound and movement wakes him up. I did snooze about two times before I got literally removed from the bed and room by an extremely livid DH. It sucks! I like to linger! I also cannot go back into the bedroom if it's not an emergency to get him either. I lay my clothes out in the office in my bedtime routine because once Im out I'm out! I have learned to keep a spare pair of socks and unders and have at least an extra pair of pants and shirt in there JUST in case I forgot the night before or decide to shower in the morning.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I get up, turn on the keurig, turn on the today show, check my email, put on my gym clothes, say goodbye to DH and either run outside or head to the gym

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Darlin', I'm 53. There is no way anything is coming before peeing. ;))

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS|1338331538|3205789 said:
Darlin', I'm 53. There is no way anything is coming before peeing. ;))

I'm 49, you mean this isn't going to change :-o then brush teeth.. gym, shower... hot tea, hot tea, hot tea... with Milk & Sugar :bigsmile:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I shower at night (most of the time), so this is my morning routine:

The alarm goes off at 7. I snooze three times, while failing to really fall back asleep...because I'm too busy cursing the damn bird that "sings" nonstop from roughly 4am (before the sun is up!) until after I leave to work. Some mornings, the cats decide to sit at the sliding glass door at the angle which brings in the most sunlight. Curse the cats.

Get up. Head to the bathroom to pee...it has been 3 hours or so at this point since last peeing...ahhh, pregnancy. Try not to trip over unusually large cat as he sprints across the bathroom and jumps to the sink. Turn on the faucet for him.

Turn on the hot water, which takes forever. Brush teeth and hair while waiting. Turn on flat iron. Put hair in pony tail. Wash face. Apply (different) lotions to face, legs,/arms and el belly. Do makeup. Let hair down and attempt to straighten out the kinks (my hair is really straight, but I usually go to bed with it wet, which really doesn't end well.). Find something to wear. This is a really fast process these days since I have limited maternity clothes. Thank God daily that my company allows jeans.

Head to the kitchen to take morning pills. Try not to trip over unusually large cat as he sprints to the kitchen for treats. Attempt to reason with him that he's not getting any because DH already have him some that morning. Fail. Give cat treats.

Pack ridiculously large lunch which seems like a ton of food, but I know I'll be hungry all day anyway.

Grab purse and laptop and head to the truck. Curse the morning. Debate on stopping at starbucks for a grande decaf mocha frappuccino light. My commute is 3.6 miles and stopping doubles my commute time. Thank God that my boss doesn't care when I get to work.

Totally NOT a morning person.

Possibly more interesting is my sleeping routine, which goes something like "lay down, toss, turn, get up to pee, repeat x10 until morning."

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right now, my feet hit the floor at 5:30 a.m. (an ungodly hour), throw on some clothes and maybe run a brush through my hair. On go the dark glasses and run out the door. My son has football practice, if you can believe it at 6 am. I am not sure I can do this much longer. I don't so much mind getting up, if I can have a cup of coffee and slowly wake up. It's the running out the door that is a problem.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Alarm goes off at 5:50 a.m., hit snooze, lie in bed thinking of what to wear, get out of bed before alarm goes off again.

Bathroom routine: Pee, turn on shower, weigh myself. Take a shower, no shampoo. I wash my hair every three days or so but only at night, never in the morning. Shave legs while showering if it's spring/summer or if it's fall/winter and it's been a while. Otherwise, just shave armpits. Put on make-up: moisturizer with a bit of foundation mixed in, concealer, lid shadow and highlighter shadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush. Make-up routine takes about 5 minutes. If my hair is wonky, I'll turn on the flat-iron before starting make-up and then spend a few minutes straightening out the wonk after doing my face. Otherwise, just run a brush through my hair.

Get dressed, pet cat, pack gym bag.

Kitchen routine: Pour half a cup each of oatmeal and frozen blueberries in a bowl with a bit of water. Nuke at 60% power for four minutes. While the oatmeal is cooking, make/pack lunch for DH and me. (Trade-off is he makes the bed and coffee.) Same lunch every day: turkey, tomato and lettuce on whole-wheat, yogurt, banana. I keep almonds and cashews at work. Mix a good sized dollop of plain yogurt into the oatmeal, have breakfast with DH. By "have with" I mean we are sitting at the same table, eating at the same time, and reading different sections of the same paper.

Time to go: Brush teeth, fill thermos with coffee, fill sports bottle with water, pack stuff, put on coat, kiss hubby and out the door by 7 a.m.

Finishing touch: In the car, put on lipstick at the same red-light every morning. On the odd occasion that the light is green, no lipstick (because I usually forget all about it).

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Alarm goes off at 5:00am.
Walk to kitchen, trying not to trip over cats, stopping at my purse to grab my morning medication.
Take med.
Feed cats.
Unplug phone from charger.
Grab something suitable to wear to work.
Head to bathroom and pee.
Weigh myself.
Hop in shower.
Lotion up and dress.
Brush teeth and put on deodorant.
Put on makeup.
Dry hair.
Apply perfume.
Put on rings.
Drop sleeping clothes in laundry basket, trying not to wake DH, who gets to sleep in 2 hours longer.
Prepare lunch and pack it.
Make breakfast and protein shake and eat while surfing the net.
Give cat thyroid medication.
Grab purse, gym bag, and work bag, kiss DH and head outside.
Throw some hazelnuts in the yard for the squirrels.
Drive to work (by 6:45am)

:D

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you ladies are crazy... :wacko: that is too much to do in the morning.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Let my furry babies out to go potty :) or else I got some mad pups

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Alarm goes off at 6:45 - Groan and hit the snooze.
Get my ass out of bed 10 minutes later when the alarm goes off again.
Toilet.
Wash my face (I shower at night so this is all I need in the morning).
Put deodorant on.
Get dressed.
Rub my feet on my little kitteh (she throws herself down in front of me and wants to be rubbed with feet only).
Turn on the Keurig.
Eat a bowl of cereal.
Take a vitamin and iron pill.
Run Keurig.
Put lunch in tote bag (made the night before).
Put cream in coffee.
Try not to trip over big kitteh since she always runs in front of my feet.
Give little kitteh her medicine (she has asthma).
Put on the bare minimum for makeup (for me that means powder, blush, and mascara).
Put on jewelry.
Put on shoes.
Kiss DH goodbye (or yell goodbye if I'm running behind).
Grab purse, gym bag, and tote bag and get out the door.

This all takes me about a half hour and then another 20-30 minutes of driving to get to work by 8. Weekends are a very different story, I rarely get up before 10...

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
Work mornings:
Alarm goes off at 5:25 AM. I usually get up about 5-10 minutes later because I do my breathing and stretching before.
Go to bathroom.
Wash face.
Turn on flat iron. (I shower at night before work)
Go to guest room and put on scrubs and guest room (I get dressed in there to not wake up DH.
Do makeup - moisturizer, primer, foundation, powder, eye shadow, mascara, blush and makeup setting spray.
Put hair in pony tail. Flat iron bangs. Put in earrings and put on plain wedding band.
Go downstairs. Make coffee. Feed dogs. Make breakfast to go. Get lunch out of fridge. Take dogs out to potty. Kiss DH goodbye and I'm out the door by 6:10.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1338343178|3205881 said:
you ladies are crazy... :wacko: that is too much to do in the morning.

Men have it too easy!

My routine is different depending on the day and what is planned. Regardless of mine, though, I have a routine set up for my kids getting ready for school. Luckily they're both boys, so they have that easy routine!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1338338233|3205834 said:
Right now, my feet hit the floor at 5:30 a.m. (an ungodly hour), throw on some clothes and maybe run a brush through my hair. On go the dark glasses and run out the door. My son has football practice, if you can believe it at 6 am. I am not sure I can do this much longer. I don't so much mind getting up, if I can have a cup of coffee and slowly wake up. It's the running out the door that is a problem.

At least football is seasonal!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results