shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your favorite makeup items?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if there is already a thread like this but I'm just curious to see which makeup items you can't live without.

The 3 three things I wear every day:
-Clinique Stay Matte pressed powder
-Nars Orgasm blush
-Benefit BADgal Lash black mascara (or Diorshow but it was too goopy the last time I bought it)

If I'm going out I love to play up the eyes and I have a ton of eyeshadows (I love Urban Decay!) My favorite eyeliner is Bobby Brown black gel eyeliner pot. Once in a while I'll wear foundation but the one I have isn't anything special (its made by Lorac I think).

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
For daily wear, I like:

Bare Minerals face powder
cream blush (I change up the brands)
and mascara (normally covergirl lashblast)

I'm a minimalist during the week and if going out I generally do something fun with my eyes. I always have around 6 lip-glosses in my purse, so I'm all set with those, regardless of the day! I like philosophy gloss for going out and something like carmex or rosebud strawberry salve for everyday :)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
stargurl78|1336501264|3190238 said:
My favorite eyeliner is Bobby Brown black gel eyeliner pot.
Ditto ... except I use their super dark green w/gold flecks because I have hazelish eyes. It blends well w/dark brown/blackish mascara.

I also love:

Stila Cream Blush
Benefit Eyebrow kit (wax mostly, don't use the powder much)
Fresh Sugar lipbalm

But MOSTLY the old Prescriptives foundation sticks that HAVE. BEEN. DISCONTINUED. DAMMIT. I cannot, for the life of me, find a substitute that is as light & creamy & non-smelly as this one. The Bobbi Brown one isn't working for me (too stiff & stinky). I'm on my last teensy dregs of my last stick & DESPERATE PEOPLE ..DESPERATE!!!!!!!!!! (Any ideas? Pretty please?)

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I don't leave the house without putting on Colorscience's Sunforgettable mineral powder SPF 30. I discovered this sunblock powder last year, and I can't imagine ever being without it now. I was a little skeptical whether sunblock would be effective in a powder form, but this kept me stay sunburn-free even in Maui! I love the powder so much I use it even when I don't need the SPF. It just feels good on my face.

For anyone who is looking for a sunblock in a mineral powder form, I give Colorscience two thumbs up: http://www.colorescience.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=jar30

It also comes in a container with a built-in brush, but I don't care for that particular packaging. It seemed like I could never get enough powder to come out without having to press the brush down overly hard on my face. I prefer to buy it in the jar and use my own brush. It's much cheaper that way, too.

My other makeup must-haves are brow powder, mascara, and lipstick, but for those items I'm not really loyal to any one brand.

I just remembered that I also love Clinique's Almost Powder compact for days when I need a bit more coverage.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My absolutely neccessary item is my Mac eyebrow pencil. I overplucked my eyebrows when I was younger and now I need to fill them in and lengthen them. Its the nicest one I have ever used.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturizer, Laura Mercier pressed powder, YSLTouch Eclat concealer, and Maybelline Great Lash waterproof mascara. And of course my eyelash curler! I have long eyelashes that are totally straight and the eyelash curler works wonders!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Tanzigrrl|1336504189|3190283 said:
eye liner
lip gloss

mascara - if I'm really doing it up!

Eye liner without mascara? I've never done that before. How does it look? I have very pale lashes, so that would probably look a mess on me lol (my Mom always says I have 'bald eyelashes' if I don't have mascara on lol), so I'm curious how that would look for someone with 'normal' lashes

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
my big three are concealer (which I am always on the quest for, so I don't have a favorite), Covermark Brow Marker in Auburn and Smashbox Waterproof Shadow Liner in Hollywood (Bronze). I don't leave the house without 100 lbs of concealer around my eyes though, topped with shimmery ivory eyeshadow to reflect light away...or brow marker. Or mascara.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Smashbox Photo Finish primer
- everything lasts so much longer if I start with this, plus it makes your face so smooth

Anastasia gel eyebrow pencil
- very natural, very easy to use

Caudalie tinted moisturizer/bronzer
- makes me look like I got a little sun

Covergirl waterproof mascara with the small brush

I'm still looking for the perfect undereye concealer. I've tried YSL Touch Eclat, the L'Oreal roller, Laura Mercier camouflage, and some others I can't remember but nothing seems to be the perfect combo that both covers and doesn't look like I put it on with a trowel.

D

Deactivated member 42515

-Philosophy tinted moisturizer
-Makeup forever setting powder
-Nars orgasm blush
-Lorac gel eye liner
-Makeup forever eye shadow
-And my alllll time favorite ever Dior-Diorshow mascara

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Sunscreen is the only thing I wear every day.

When I'm dressing up: MAC lipgloss, BB cream, lancome mascara and Elizabeth Arden powder eyeliner.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MASCARA!!!!!

That's my number one love. I switch brands/kinds every year or two. I use the Stila eyelash curler. But it got smashed while in my soft-sided suitcase on my last vacation - my suitcase was supposed to be carried on with me but they made me check it "to expedite boarding" (lol because our flight got so delayed we had to stay overnight TWO nights, so although boarding was expedited, flying out really wasn't...) - so I really need a new one because now it is kind of crooked and harder to use.

Number two is MUFE Full Cover Waterproof concealer. That stuff stays put. It looks very natural on me as well, I can wear it as the only makeup item I am wearing and look totally fine. If you're looking for a concealer, I recommend checking it out.

Those are my only "must-haves." I own and wear a ton of makeup but those are the standbys.

For every day, it's usually Philosophy Hope in a Tinted Moisturizer (the only one I've found that goes light enough for me), concealer, Urban Decay blush in "Score," Urban Decay cream shadow in whatever color I pick up first, Clinique loose powder or MUFE HD powder, and mascara.

For fancy events, it is L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base (works just like a lot of the more expensive stuff I have had... but is a third of the price), either L'Oreal True Match or Smashbox HD foundation (depending on how pale I am - Smashbox doesn't go as light as me so I can only wear it if I have a tan) mixed with a dab of Physician's Strength Conceal RX green concealer (to hide any stray redness), concealer, blush, UD primer potion, whatever eyeshadow my heart desires (a fave combo even for everyday is Lancome "Kitten Heel" with Too Faced "Glamour Puss" in the crease), whatever eyeliner my heart desires (I have a million), mascara, possibly eyebrow fill-in (both ones I use are eyeshadows - Clinique "Foxy" and NYX "Taupe"), and then Clinique loose powder with MUFE HD powder on top. For LONG fancy events, then I spritz the UD All Nighter stuff on. Clogs my pores, but boy does my makeup stay perfect forever with it on.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just discovered the following:

YSL eyeliner effet faux cils--perfect for that cat eye look that stays put!

Tarina Tarantino conditioning lip sheen for silky smooth lips.

Smashbox the nude lip liner--matches my lip color perfectly as a base under lipstick.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
distracts|1336514157|3190441 said:
Number two is MUFE Full Cover Waterproof concealer. That stuff stays put. It looks very natural on me as well, I can wear it as the only makeup item I am wearing and look totally fine. If you're looking for a concealer, I recommend checking it out.
It didn't work for me. I need something OPAQUE in ONE COAT, maybe one and a half coats. That product was at least 3 to make a dent.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I have rosecea, so i'm limited in what i can use on my face to avoid flare ups...

so i'm addicted to bare minerals! I use everything from the face and eye primers, bronzers, blush... I have over 50 pots of just eye shadow.... :naughty:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you haven't tried BB Cream, I highly rec it! I finally went out and bought the Clinique version. It's like tinted moisturizer, except with more coverage, and "buildable". It doesn't clog pores and has antioxidants and SPF 30 :)

The Sephora gal says it's a great primer replacement.. but I don't need foundation on top of it! And I have pretty crappy skin! It looks SO natural on. It doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup at all.

so my absolute favorite and necessary makeup items are:
- BB Cream
- NARS blush in Deep Throat (more pink than Orgasm..)
- Milani eyebrow powder kit in 3 colors (lighter and darker brown for my head and tail of eyebrows + hilight)
- the good ol' pink and green tube Maybelline Great Lash mascara in black, non-waterproof
- eyelash curler (does that count?)

I rarely "doll up" as I'm in school and have no one to impress here ;-)* but those are the "bare minimums" when I do doll up.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
The daily that I wear:

Dior Blackout Mascara - I don't think I'll buy blackout again but I looooved diorshow so i'll go back to that.
Garnier Tinted Moisturizer BB cream (my newest obsession...when I feel like spending $$$$ I'll get the more expensive kind)
Bobbi Brown Bronzer
Any type of chapstick

Now that I have color, I don't find myself wearing much liquid liner anymore but if I am wearing it, I love Revlon Blackest Black Liquid Eyeliner.

For lipstick, I like to put on some chapstick and then put on a tiny bit of Mac's "Myth" on top and then some Mac lipgloss (forget the name).

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted said:
stargurl78|1336501264|3190238 said:
My favorite eyeliner is Bobby Brown black gel eyeliner pot.
Ditto ... except I use their super dark green w/gold flecks because I have hazelish eyes. It blends well w/dark brown/blackish mascara.

Ooo Deco that sounds really pretty! I might have to give that one a try.

StacylikesSparkles said:
Tanzigrrl|1336504189|3190283 said:
eye liner
lip gloss

mascara - if I'm really doing it up!

Eye liner without mascara? I've never done that before. How does it look? I have very pale lashes, so that would probably look a mess on me lol (my Mom always says I have 'bald eyelashes' if I don't have mascara on lol), so I'm curious how that would look for someone with 'normal' lashes

I'm with ya Stacy, I can't imagine eyeline with mascara on me. But a girl I work with does it daily and it looks fine.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lip anything - gloss/stick/glaze/stain... my lips need something!
Mascara is mandatory and a bit of either soft grey or soft denim eyeliner on the top/outer corners. That's the bare minimum.

Oh - as is daytime moisturizer w UV protection, then night time moisturizer with retinol.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redsoxgrl|1336522760|3190571 said:
I have rosecea, so i'm limited in what i can use on my face to avoid flare ups...

so i'm addicted to bare minerals! I use everything from the face and eye primers, bronzers, blush... I have over 50 pots of just eye shadow.... :naughty:

RSG or anyone else w/ sensitive skin: try BB Cream. It was first created in Korea by dermatologists for patients who just had work done on their skin/face, that couldn't wear makeup.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

RSG or anyone else w/ sensitive skin: try BB Cream. It was first created in Korea by dermatologists for patients who just had work done on their skin/face, that couldn't wear makeup.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Maybelline GreatLash--I love the new "lots of lashes" brush

Liquid foundation applied with a brush. I have been using L'Oreal True Match C3 for a while, and I really like it. I mix it with moisturizer for less coverage, or stiple on more with the brush to cover under eye circles

ELF combo liner/cream eyeshadow stick in plum/purple and pearl/glow--so easy!

I tend to buy stuff I can get at Target while I'm picking up paper towels/groceries/cleaning supplies. Going to a department store just to buy makeup never happens for me. I'm too busy! I do think that spending money on expensive eyeshadow is totally worth it. The pigment texture and quality are much better in more expensive formulas. And I love the Obagi skin care line--also totally worth the money and effort to procure it!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Smashbox Halo Powder--gives incredibe coverage.
Chanel Blush in Rose Petale--just the right amount of pink.
Chanel LeStylo Eyeliner in JADE--really compliments my eyes.
Any medium pink lipgloss.
Maybelline Illegal Lengths Mascara--doesn't clump and really coats the lashes.
Any one of the three Chloe fragrances--I told the husband to put a bottle in my coffin!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NARS blush/bronzer duo in Orgasm/Laguna
NARS lip gloss in Orgasm
Maybelline waterproof Great Lash mascara

The mascara I've used since I was 15 years old, and I've been a huge fan of NARS since about 2006. Their eyeshadows cannot be beat either.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
madelise|1336539278|3190781 said:

Which brand do you recommend?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am such a tightwad when it comes to makeup, but I DO buy Chanel lipsticks because they're amazing. Especially their reds. And DH loves a good lipstick. :naughty:

But for everyday I just wear some eyeliner, mascara, and Aquaphor on my lips. Sometimes I swipe some powder over my nose, and I use it more now that I'm just barely preggo and that seems to be putting me back into my oily preteen complexion, much to my dismay!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Haven said:
I am such a tightwad when it comes to makeup, but I DO buy Chanel lipsticks because they're amazing. Especially their reds. And DH loves a good lipstick. :naughty:

But for everyday I just wear some eyeliner, mascara, and Aquaphor on my lips. Sometimes I swipe some powder over my nose, and I use it more now that I'm just barely preggo and that seems to be putting me back into my oily preteen complexion, much to my dismay!

Congrats Haven!!!! :appl:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Burts Bees tinted chapsticks
Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara

Those 2 things are the bare essentials I wear to look "awake" but not made-up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results