shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you THANKFUL for???

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this time of year to reflect on the things/people/experiences I am Thankful for during this time of year! Please share.

I am Thankful for the health of my boys despite them being born almost 10 weeks early.

How happy my boys are, pure joys in my life! I never imagined how much joy they would bring to my husband and I.

Having such a sweet wonderful loving supportive husband. He is a great dad too.

Having Wonderful loving parents! They are a huge support to me. My dad is 80 and my mom is in her 70's so I glad they are here with us.

Having a roof over my head. I am grateful that we have food and shelter when so many people don't.

I am grateful for my health.

I am grateful for good friends!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i am THANKFUL for two grown up PITB daughters and a wife whom goes to work to support me... :praise:

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
My beautiful 6 month old baby boy
My wonderful husband who stays home to care for our son
My family
My sisters improved health

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After crying my eyes out last night over an exam.. I realized it doesn't matter what I feel at the very moment. Overall, I am SO so so thankful that I got the opportunity to go back into university, and to finish my studies. I was told over and over again that statistics show people who don't go to school, rarely go back. I was determined to not be just a darn statistic. I'm just glad I've had this opportunity, and that my SO and my family have supported my decision to quit my job and lose my stable income and benefits.. and risk ALOT.. to do something for ME.

I am so very very thankful that my grandparents are alive and well. They mean the whole world to me, and I am so happy that they're happy. My relationship with them has improved drastically in comparison to my teenage angst years. I feel so guilty that I was such an idiot in not embracing their final years… so I'm so thankful they're still here, for me to make those years up.

and okay, I'm so thankful for my dog. He's seriously the more selfless thing I know. It doesn't matter that I have totally neglected to love him for long periods of time while I'm away at work, or studying. He always wags his tail, and is willing to give me lots and lots of happy.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m thankful:

- that I am in good health, and I try to remind myself that the minor things that do happen are still so much less bad than what many other people go through (Torn ACL? So what! At least I have two legs, which is something that some people can’t say)

- that I have a job (even if it is not the most intellectually satisfying endeavor… but I’m finishing the requirements to sit for the CPA so I can eventually do something else)

- that I have a network of very good friends that I am close to no matter where I live, and this includes my poor neglected Chicago boyfriend who only gets the pleasure of my company ( :cheeky: ) every two or three weekends

- that I am fortunate enough to be in a position to blow an obscene amount of money on something that is a pure luxury – Billy Ray, Jr.!!!

- for PS. And no, that’s not a BS statement! There have been many many hours since I moved down to KC this summer where PS felt like my only social interaction and without you guys/gals I would have most certainly gone insane (or drank myself to Betty Ford, whichever came first…)

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I find this hard to articulate properly; it never seems to express the great welling up of joy and gratitude in my soul or the complete humbling I experience when I reflect on the many, many things I am grateful for in my life.

I've recently travelled abroad and I am terribly grateful to live in the USA. We aren't perfect and I am downright angry about some of the things going on here, but I am truly grateful that I have the liberty to be angry and express my opinion and vote.

I am so grateful for the home my husband and I are creating together- our new little family (which we hope to expand next year :love: ), our projects, our deep and abiding love for each other.

I am grateful for the chances I have to be creative; they feed my soul.

I am grateful for prayer and a personal relationship with God. I am grateful that I have the right to this relationship if I choose and that you also have the right to choose or not choose how/who/what/when to worship.

And, oh man, am I grateful for Dr. Pepper. :lol:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thankful for a healthy & happy family. My husband works hard & long hours at his own company to reap the rewards for us. I am thankful that I get to stay at home & raise my beautiful young girls at his expense (though I do help out from time to time!)

I am thankful for my lovely mother. She is kind, thoughtful, caring and beautiful. We lost my dad 11 years ago to leukaemia & yet she is still strong & available. I however, would be a mess.

I am thankful for my home. We live in the Cheshire countryside (UK) surrounded by horses, chickens & a donkey called Dennis. It is a lovely place to raise my family.

I am thankful for my feet! They carry me through every single day, in heels or wellies, and I literally thank them every night when I close my eyes in bed, for carrying me through another day :))

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everything. Even the bad stuff because I grow and learn from them. I do regular gratitude lists and believe in the power of proper perspective.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My family...beautiful daughter and prince of a husband... And my birth mother....
My fabulous job and the people I work with....
My health....so far...so good...so blessed
...and really thankful for a week of vacation in Seattle (yes with rain) to spend with my family.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm thankful for my husband who works long hours to take care of us.

Thankful for my kids and the amount of time and effort they put into school and the positive attitudes they have.

I'm also thankful for living in a quiet neighborhood that is drama-free.

Also, gotta thank my cat for being such a snuggle machine!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thankful for my two sweet kids--they are such blessings and they fill our life and home with joy. Thankful for my amazing husband who works his butt off for us, and who is the most giving, selfless person I know. Also thankful to have a warm, safe home to live in.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I am thankful for the most basic things and my heart goes out to those that cannot say any one of these lines for themselves:

I can breathe without a respirator

I can walk upright without crutches, or braces, or a wheelchair

My heart, my lungs, all my organs are functioning without machines

I have all my limbs and parts that God sent me here with

My thoughts still assemble themselves in a reasonably logical manner

I have children and they are healthy

I have a man that loves me and he is healthy

I live inside a house. I can take showers whenever I like

I have food on the table each and every day

I have electricity, heat, safe water, hot water

I have clothing and shoes

I am employed (knock on wood)

Everything else, which I am also very grateful for, is just gravy. Thank you, God. 8)

Or, the lighter version, which I tell my kids all the time "Just be happy that you're upright and sucking air." :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am deeply thankful for the gift of faith... my dear husband and children and a precious granddaughter who turns ONE tomorrow!...my extended family, church family, dear friends past and present, and my many PriceScope friends...living in a country where we still have many freedoms which I pray will continue...fulfilling work teaching dyslexic children to read...and material blessings far greater than I deserve.

This is a proclamation by Abraham Lincoln in 1863 that set the precedent for a national day of thanksgiving in America. Sometimes we forget the history of some of our holidays, so I enjoy reading this at Thanksgiving.

By the President of the United States of America.

A Proclamation.

The year that is drawing towards its close, has been filled with the blessings of fruitful fields and healthful skies. To these bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are prone to forget the source from which they come, others have been added, which are of so extraordinary a nature, that they cannot fail to penetrate and soften even the heart which is habitually insensible to the ever watchful providence of Almighty God. In the midst of a civil war of unequaled magnitude and severity, which has sometimes seemed to foreign States to invite and to provoke their aggression, peace has been preserved with all nations, order has been maintained, the laws have been respected and obeyed, and harmony has prevailed everywhere except in the theatre of military conflict; while that theatre has been greatly contracted by the advancing armies and navies of the Union. Needful diversions of wealth and of strength from the fields of peaceful industry to the national defence, have not arrested the plough, the shuttle or the ship; the axe has enlarged the borders of our settlements, and the mines, as well of iron and coal as of the precious metals, have yielded even more abundantly than heretofore. Population has steadily increased, notwithstanding the waste that has been made in the camp, the siege and the battle-field; and the country, rejoicing in the consiousness of augmented strength and vigor, is permitted to expect continuance of years with large increase of freedom. No human counsel hath devised nor hath any mortal hand worked out these great things. They are the gracious gifts of the Most High God, who, while dealing with us in anger for our sins, hath nevertheless remembered mercy. It has seemed to me fit and proper that they should be solemnly, reverently and gratefully acknowledged as with one heart and one voice by the whole American People. I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens. And I recommend to them that while offering up the ascriptions justly due to Him for such singular deliverances and blessings, they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to His tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged, and fervently implore the interposition of the Almighty Hand to heal the wounds of the nation and to restore it as soon as may be consistent with the Divine purposes to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquillity and Union.

In testimony whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Seal of the United States to be affixed.

Done at the City of Washington, this Third day of October, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, and of the Independence of the Unites States the Eighty-eighth.

By the President: Abraham Lincoln

William H. Seward,
Secretary of State

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I'm thankful for my husband, who is a great communicator, extremely funny, a wonderful father, hard worker and very supportive of me!
I'm thankful for my two wonderful boys, very proud of their morals, compassion for others, artisic talent and killer sense of humor.
I'm thankful that having sunk everything into opening a small business in 12-2008 we have survived the economic problems and are still standing & doing well.
I'm thankful that I live in the USA where it's possible to make your life whatever you want it to be.
I'm thankful for all the wonderful people I interact with daily due to my business and having the opportunity to help them.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I'm thankful for my husband whom I love more each day.

I'm thankful for food, shelter and clothes.

I'm thankful that I have a career and can take care of myself.

I'm thankful for my husband supporting me 100% if I ever want to be a stay at home wife.

I'm thankful for my wonderful parents, esp my mother who is a cancer survivor (love you mum!)

I'm thankful for my bling :cheeky:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I am thankful for my quintessential American childhood, complete with supportive parents, prom, and a sorority house.

I am thankful for the beauty of my Australian adulthood - sunshine on white sand beaches, the smell of gum leaves in the rain, incredibly bright birds, and unforgettable sunsets.

I am thankful for my husband, his unyielding support and saintly patience.

I am thankful for a secure, well paying job with a host of opportunity for overtime (bling allowance!) and fun coworkers.

I am thankful for the health of my family, and that of my husband's family.

I am thankful for the joy and love I receive from all of the animals we provide foster care for.

I am thankful for God, who never lets me down despite my own shortcomings.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so thankful for everyone in my life. My loving and supportive and strong husband with whom I will gladly face all of life's challenges. The health of my loved ones. I have learned you can never take that for granted especially given the last year and a half.

So many more things I am thankful for- our amazing relationships with our family and our friends. Our homes and our jobs especially given this economic climate. I know that material things can be taken away just like that but the relationships with the people I love are forever. As long as we all remain healthy and together that is what really matters. Everything else is nice but not critically necessary.

Sending everyone here happy and healthy Thanksgiving wishes!!!!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thankful for my 2 wonderful boys, they are such a pleasure to be around!! I am thankful that I do have a good job (even though I dont like it) and a roof over my head and food on my table, I am thankful I am not struggling to make ends meet anymore. I am thankful that most of my health issues are minor and I am thankful for my friends and my family, they make life a little less stressful.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of these posts are beautiful. It just shows you what is really important in life, what matters & what really doesn't matter, and what happiness is all about. I am British & live in the UK, but would like to wish all you lovelies a happy Thanksgiving holiday for next week :))

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I'm thankful for friends, family, and Pricescope!

I'm thankful for an opportunity to study what I enjoy at a great university, and for an upcoming internship next summer.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I am thankful to be alive, healthy, and happy, and that my family are as well!

I am thankful for the many wonderful people in my life, and the strength and kindness that come from those relationships.

I am thankful for where I live, for what the earth offers, and for the opportunity to think beyond what I think I know.

I am thankful for beautiful bling, yummy food and delicious drinks.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you for sharing friends!!! These were so heartwarming to read! :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1353009898|3307397 said:
I’m thankful:

- that I am in good health, and I try to remind myself that the minor things that do happen are still so much less bad than what many other people go through (Torn ACL? So what! At least I have two legs, which is something that some people can’t say)

Deejay, this struck me because my son has a trigger finger (stuck in the bent position), I felt bad for him because he will need surgery when he turns 2 but while waiting at the Children's Hospital to see the Surgeon I saw so many kids who were worse off in such good spirits and then I stopped and reflected at how lucky we are and you are right, he has fingers to write with and that we are thankful for! those moments are humbling.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to say thank you to all that have posted. You've all brought some well needed perspective at a time I could really use it.

I'm thankful for my son and his ability to meet and overcome challenges daily with grace and courage. He has taught me what can be accomplished with strength and determination alone. And he does it all with a smile.

I'm thankful for my best friend and amazing husband who works his fingers raw to be sure that my son and I have all that we need and much that we don't.

I'm thankful that we have jobs to go to.

I'm thankful that I know where I'll be sleeping tonight.

I'm thankful that our bellies and cupboards are full.

I'm thankful I'm not alone and have loving, supportive family and friends.

I'm thankful that my family has the means to attain quality medical treatment.

I'm thankful to be sharing the holidays with people I love.

I'm thankful for all of you for reminding me that I have much to be thankful for. Thank you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am thankful for the millions of volunteers and philanthropists in this world who give to others without a second thought.

I am thankful to those who choose certain professions and do them well--when you know it is work you could not do yourself.

I concur with others who have mentioned more personal things.

cheers--Sharon

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Being alive and my husband surviving his health disaster a few years back, and both of us somehow both being gainfully employed steadily through this horrid economy with all but a few friends and family members employed as well, and those who are not able to sustain til something worked out. To not be wanting or needing for anything and be able and willing to help those who are in need and in want around us. To be able to share my feelings for the sad state of affairs and although my favored candidates for the most part remained in office, theyre mostly unable to do their jobs because of others with opposing viewpoints or opposing gameplans despite similar viewpoints. Hairdye and not being fully gray so I can still get my blazing orange hair. People who are able to drop everything to go help others in need.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
ame|1353195833|3308987 said:
Being alive and my husband surviving his health disaster a few years back, and both of us somehow both being gainfully employed steadily through this horrid economy with all but a few friends and family members employed as well, and those who are not able to sustain til something worked out. To not be wanting or needing for anything and be able and willing to help those who are in need and in want around us. To be able to share my feelings for the sad state of affairs and although my favored candidates for the most part remained in office, theyre mostly unable to do their jobs because of others with opposing viewpoints or opposing gameplans despite similar viewpoints. Hairdye and not being fully gray so I can still get my blazing orange hair. People who are able to drop everything to go help others in need.

I think the whole world should be thankful for this, ame. :bigsmile: :lol:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thankful for my loving family: DH who's so supportive and understanding after 15 yrs of marriage, my 2 little boys who bring true meaning to my life!

I'm thankful that I work w/ an amazing group of people who really show care and compassion on a daily basis!

And lastly, I'm thankful that I got to spend 12 wonderful years w/ my 1st "baby", Zoey, who recently passed away. I tell my children that she is in doggy heaven now--may she rest in peace. We will always remember you fondly, Zoey!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: Yes, I will have to add hair color to my list of things to be thankful for, absolutely!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results