carat
color
clarity

Weight Loss

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello :wavey:
Just wanted to share a new find with you :)
It tracks heart rate, activity level and calories - kind of fun how it beeps if you sit for too long, lol. Its from Polar and just sits on your arm, really easy to use :)

20160513_0.jpg

20160513_165011-1.jpg

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
I hope you do not mind if I join the group. I have been working hard the last few months working out and changing my eating habits. So far down 25 lbs. and counting.
About a month ago my husband bought me a fitbit blaze watch for an early bday present. I love it!

Do you all meal plan/prep for the week? I have struggled a bit with this recently. Getting bored with the same things everyday.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No we are not meal planning right now, but when we DID, boy did we lose weight! We are slowly going back to old habits. In lieu of take-out, we've been going to a natural foods market and getting smaller containers of different prepared veggies/salads, and noshing on them. This past weekend, we picked up:
1. roasted artichoke hearts
2. BCT - broccoli, carrots and tofu slaw
3. mediterranean salad
4. arame kale salad

Sometimes we will pick up a rotisserie chicken or other miscellaneous protein to pair with the salads.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1463181212|4031476 said:
No we are not meal planning right now, but when we DID, boy did we lose weight! We are slowly going back to old habits. In lieu of take-out, we've been going to a natural foods market and getting smaller containers of different prepared veggies/salads, and noshing on them. This past weekend, we picked up:
1. roasted artichoke hearts
2. BCT - broccoli, carrots and tofu slaw
3. mediterranean salad
4. arame kale salad

Sometimes we will pick up a rotisserie chicken or other miscellaneous protein to pair with the salads.

That is a great alternative! Especially yummy over summer.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2dolls|1463178078|4031457 said:
I hope you do not mind if I join the group. I have been working hard the last few months working out and changing my eating habits. So far down 25 lbs. and counting.
About a month ago my husband bought me a fitbit blaze watch for an early bday present. I love it!

Do you all meal plan/prep for the week? I have struggled a bit with this recently. Getting bored with the same things everyday.

I had been and then got super busy. I need to get back into it because it was a lot healthier, lots easier at the end of a tiring work day, and a lot better on the budget.

Not getting redundant is difficult. I had been picking one chicken dish and one soup/stew to make each week. Alternate days (like Sunday & Tuesday get one thing, Monday & Wednesday a different, quick/simple single day Thursday, from scratch Friday) and also stuff that can pair with pasta or rice or potatoes helps. Also, your chicken or beef can be cold and served with salad or add a sauce for a quick sandwich. If you get enough different recipes, that helps.

My routine had been to get all of the shopping done on Thursdays, cook for Fri/Sat on Friday, then do the rest of the week on Sundays.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How are you all doing? Hopefully the nice weather (well, relatively dry?) is making it easier to get out and exercise.

I need to get back on the scale. My shirts are getting tight in the arms. Not sure if I have gained weight or just arm muscle from all of the lifting I do :???:

The stress recently has made it hard to stick to healthy. I do well with meals, but the administrative assistants make it hard to resist. They all have candy bowls at their doors. Plus doughnut day, cookies every Friday, icecream bars, etc. I noticed the other day that I had probably eaten 1000+ calories just in little candy bites :nono: I hate to be rude when they offer but even 4 or 5 per day (I usually deal with 10+ so easily that many offers) add up.

Been trying to avoid as much as I can. A little hard candy so I can't chew on anything. That sort of thing.
Just need to watch as I know I tend to grab a chocolate bite when I get stressed and I have been very stressed lately...

Also trying to drink lots of water and sip an apple juice (1 per day) to satisfy sweet craving brought on by stress.

Anyway, hope you're all doing great! I'm on reading more than I can post, but still around.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not much weight loss, but my arms look a smidge toner! I've been filling up two gallons at a time in my watering can and toting it around to water various things.

I also find myself craving less meat and more salad.

My suggestion to avoid the offered candy is to chew gum, and politely decline the candy by saying you have gum thank you.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
since my last post on 4/30 I have lost an additional 4 lbs..its slow and steady for me...but at least I am losing and not gaining :appl: still have 30 lbs to go at this rate heck it will take me at least a year or better to get these last 30 lbs off :sick:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Comgratulations to all who have lost weight!

I haven't done so yet, due to a number of medical conditions, but I have to have surgery sometime in the next 15 months, so I need to get fit for that. A couple of weeks ago I weighed 204, and this morning I'm 200.8.

I think, for me, a problem is that I don't really mind so much how I look, so motivation is difficult. I've never been interested in clothes or had any need to maintain a slim figure. It's just never been important to me. I don't know why - I'm just not interested in looking as good as possible, the way I'm not interested in origami. I suspect it's because it's so many years since I had a good figure - only when I was very young - so I'm very used to not looking all cute n' sexy. BUT, being alive is important to me - I don't want to die of heart disease, and neither do I want to die on the operating table. I also must admit that when I see slim people dressed in some really good clothes, they do look amazing.

So, I'm ready to go for it. Sushi at my place tonight. :twirl:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is everyone doing? Mom2dolls, you are most welcome! Everyone is welcome! Many congratulations on your 25lb weight loss.

I've lost another three pounds exactly, down to 197.8. (I think one pound of that is due to being sick yesterday.) It isn't much but it's a start. Got to start somewhere, after all!

We must celebrate small victories. I'm so happy to be back below 200. :dance:

I've given myself six months to really make a dent in this weight problem of mine.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow good work ladies! I have not stepped on a scale in 3 weeks. I think I may have lost a few lbs because my jaw is becoming more defined (bye bye chins #10 and 9?!?! LOLOL!) The heat naturally suppresses my appetite.

{{{Hugs}}} to everyone!!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs back!! It's not easy losing weight, changing your habits, and changing your mindset. We should hug often!

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
I have not stepped on the scale in the last week or so. I had a few weeks of fighting the same three pounds.
My biggest challenge right now is drinking enough water. Normally this is easy, but the last few weeks I struggle.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mom2dolls, I have never enjoyed drinking plain water. What about sparkling water, with slices of lemon and lime? It might help to jazz it up a bit.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya I like the idea of hugs to everyone for support and comfort so I am sending big virtual hugs to everyone right now! (((HUGS))).

And congrats to those who are persevering. One day at a time and don't sweat the scale. If you have an off day an off week that's OK. Just jump right back on the eating right/exercising right wagon! :appl:

(((HUGS))).

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Missy! I know you are a very clean eater and good exerciser, and I want to say that you are so very sensible never to have gained weight. I'm saying this from my own viewpoint only - others might have gained weight for medically-related reasons, but mine was by choice, due to a lot of loss and stress (comfort-eating). It really is hard to lose it. It's easy when you first start out, but then you hit plateaus. You are sensible to have focused on this aspect of health throughout your life. I wasn't focused, and that's when I started to put it on. I thought I could continue to eat the way I could in my twenties, and now my weight has gone up and down over many years, up to 180 and then down to 138 and now the biggest I've ever been. I weighed 105-108 until about age 19-20, ate what I wanted, and still never weighed more than 120 until I was about 22. Then it started to get higher, and I started my career - stressful job with work dinners, etc.

Anyway, sorry for the essay. It's very nice of you to put your head round the door and encourage us. Your healthy lifestyle is a real inspiration to me! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya, thank you and you are too kind. As I get older it is harder to keep in shape and not gain weight.
I am not perfect believe me. :!:

But I am more than happy to offer any advice and support if I can help anyone. We are all different in what works for us and personally I don't like feeling deprived and to do so would be a huge fail for me. So I give in to cravings within reason and I definitely enjoy volume so I choose healthier options where I don't have to eat small portions. Big salads with grilled veggies and fresh fish for example. And I make exercise a priority every single day. It is the one most important thing I do for myself and I don't let anything get in the way of my morning workout. That starts my day right.

Remember it is never too late while you are alive and kicking so don't beat yourself up for the past. Today and tomorrow is what matters and you can do it. One day at a time, one hour at a time. Making good food choices and exercise a priority which will in turn make you feel (and look but that is much less important though it can be a good motivator) better. Win win.

When I want to eat something unhealthy and/or high in calories I always ask myself before I do it is the momentary pleasure I am going to experience worth the effort I have to exert to work it off. Sometimes the answer is yes and sometimes the answer is no. And sometimes I just am thirsty and taking a drink makes the craving go away. If you really want something have it but ask yourself if you really want it before you do and you might be surprised at how often you say no thanks. Always ask are you thirsty and not hungry because often that is all you need. OK now I have gone on way too long and written an essay LOL. Rooting for you Jambalaya. I know you can do it. :appl:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am at a plateau again, I have lost a total of 36 lbs since I started this journey almost 2 years ago..its been rough, the last couple of months have been horrible...both emotionally and physically...I just need to stay strong and get back on my diet..I havent gained any weight but I sure as heck havent lost any....good job everyone

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, Missy! Losing weight is hard for just about everyone and although you've never been overweight (I think) you really seem to understand that.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover, don't lose heart! You can do it!

I believe the best advice for a plateau is to switch everything up - change your food and change your type of exercise. That's what I heard, anyway.

36 lb is great! Congratulations and well done!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've only lost 4-5lb, but my jeans feel a little looser! Yay! That is such a good feeling.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah!!!! Long reply eaten.
Back later. Have to work...

How is everyone doing?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've put the scale away. It made me neurotic. I stick to my fitbit. Haven't been overly ambitious to make up steps because it's been hot and humid and I'm mosquito treat, but have been doing lots of chores inside and outside the house, so that's been good.

Signing up for weekly yoga as part of adult continuing ed soon for the fall. While I don't love DOING yoga, I do like how I feel afterwards, and when DH was doing yoga, he stopped complaining as much about his sciatica. We NEED yoga lololol... just once a week... :bigsmile:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am at a 43 lb weight loss in 2 years......I am plateaued again...vacation last week set me back a bit...but I am back on track this week, I go back to the doctor next week so I am shooting for an additional 3 lbs off before I go....

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover|1473365073|4074432 said:
I am at a 43 lb weight loss in 2 years......I am plateaued again...vacation last week set me back a bit...but I am back on track this week, I go back to the doctor next week so I am shooting for an additional 3 lbs off before I go....
Props, diamondrnglover :appl: :appl: :appl: plateauing, not GAINING on vacation is amazing! :appl: :appl: :appl:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Some great results going on here, kudos to all!

I've dropped from 220lb to 185lb in the last 4 months since starting my new job and it's from simply being more active at work and eating smaller meals but more regularly, I haven't done any exercise or made healthier changes. I've gone from refrigerator to bar-fridge in Kenny's man-guide :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sometimes I wish I had the discipline of some of the people here to make the lifestyle change and stick with it as I know how sensitive my body is to changes, weight just falls off when I eat properly and do martial arts training. I'd like to get back down to a walking-weight of165lb again and return to competing in Brazilian Jiu Jitusu at 155lb but I don't think it's going to happen as I have been gradually putting on muscle with the new job.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Checking in. Today I hit 23 lbs lost! Here's me at my heaviest, and this is other is more recent :wavey: :dance:

_38198.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
random_thought|1473698423|4075553 said:
Checking in. Today I hit 23 lbs lost! Here's me at my heaviest, and this is other is more recent :wavey: :dance:
Wow!!!! You like slimmer AND younger!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You look great!

I need to take some time to read through this thread because I am at an all time high for my weight. With my physical disability more weight makes me feel so much worse. It hurts to ride my horse, I am tired all the time, and no sexual desire either. Maybe TMI on the last one. Sorry.

Kudos to all of you!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RT -- Wow! Awesome work!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results