shape
carat
color
clarity

Want to hear something weird?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
My mom and I always have the same dreams. It's the weirdest thing.

Last night I had a dream that my mother had passed away and I was searching for her burial site in a big field of flowers. I couldn't find her, was crying a lot and I kept hearing her tell me that she was right there, I just wasn't looking hard enough.

This morning I called her just to ask if she was ok and she said she was but that she had a really sad dream where someone had passed away and she was holding a bouquet of yellow flowers in a church.

Isn't that so weird?? We have examples like this all the time. I'll dream that someone is pregnant and call her to tel her about it. Sure enough she'll tell me that she had a dream where someone was giving birth.

Just a random fact of the fiery women :p Does that happen to anyone else?

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
All the time! Dreams are fascinating. My grandparents died within a month of each other. My father and I had a dream after my grandfather passed away, and we were talking to him (neither of us was in the other's dream) and he said it was time for him to go. We wanted him to stay and he said "Don't worry, I'll come back in a month" and then one month later my grandmother passed away.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about your losses Nash.

I think my mom and I tend to worry about the same things at the same time. I have both sets of my grandparents alive but they're in their 80s. My dad's mom has been hospitalized several times and my mom's dad also. So we both have death on our minds.

Don't know about the pregnancy thing. Maybe she wants more grandchildren and I'm afraid to end up giving her more :p

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, they passed away when I was a kid, it would have been nice it they could have met my daughter. Death and birth are very closely related things. You obviously have a beautiful new daughter, so her birth is significant to the family in many ways. She symbolizes a new generation entering and another preparing to depart. I wouldn't be surprised if these feelings of love and fear of loss are magnified in you and your mother's subconscious now more than ever.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our dreams were different, but having the same dreams as your mother does is not surprizing. If twins, even raised apart, share dreams, why not mother and daughter? Especially if you are close. After all, you were one years ago!

And the common belief is, if you saw a dream about someone dying, the person is going to live for a long time!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Creepy yet cool, Miss F.

My Mom often has strange dreams involving her daughters, and she will always call me to ask if everything is ok. She is convinced it's Mother's Intuition.

Dreams are amazing-- I think there is definitely more there unexplored!! Look at the cray-cray dreams we had while preggo!!! I never want things to be that vivid again.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
My mom and I do this, too. Actually, it's common among all the women in my family--we all have similar dreams regularly, and our dreams are always either completely out there (my mother and I both dreamed once that we were in a track and field event that involved jumping over hurdles made out of rice krispie treats. WTF?!) or they come true down to the last detail. I've had a number of people tell me regarding the latter that it's working in the reverse order--that something happens, THEN I dream about it, and I have the deja vu feeling because I had the experience first. Nope. I started keeping journals years ago, and some of the dreams are just indisputably premonitions. I have one I wrote down where it was my first day of school, and I was in Spanish class. I recorded the names of all the people who were in the dream, what many of them were wearing, etc. Fast-forward to my first day in Spanish class, and sure enough, there they all were, same names as in the dream and everything, even though the majority were people I had never previously met. It's WEIRD!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My mom and I used to dream a lot like that but never having the same ones. We would talk in our sleep to each other, though. My dad is a super light sleeper and said that we would be yelling in our sleep to each other from one room down the hall to the other. Poor guy. Out numbered by women and unable to sleep. We both would dream of things having to do with family and generally they would be true. It was odd. I remember the first time it happened to me, I dreamt my uncles wife was preggo. I woke up and headed downstairs, I told my mom 'I had a dream Ronda is preggo' She looked at me and then got on the phone. Ronda didn't know what to say, 'I just took a test and yea, I am! I haven't even told him yet!'

Odd. She had dreams like that, too. My mom passed a few years back and often I will dream of her. It is strange, she and I will be sitting on a couch just getting caught up. I know that she is dead in the dream and we just talk and say we miss each other. Then we will hug and I will wake up. I think it is her way of just checking in. I think you can have a connection with people like that of your mother and you. I think it is totally possible, it is very rare but I think it is possible. :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother and I have experienced similar dreams many times and it is positively uncanny and frankly a bit spooky sometimes. We had a very tight mother/daughter bond from the time I was conceived, I think, and she was a SAHM which imo made us even closer. It is strange to me that even at ages 33 and 67 and having lived apart for so many years that we can still have the same neurological phenomena or whatever it is.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
doodle said:
I've had a number of people tell me regarding the latter that it's working in the reverse order--that something happens, THEN I dream about it, and I have the deja vu feeling because I had the experience first. Nope. I started keeping journals years ago, and some of the dreams are just indisputably premonitions. I have one I wrote down where it was my first day of school, and I was in Spanish class. I recorded the names of all the people who were in the dream, what many of them were wearing, etc. Fast-forward to my first day in Spanish class, and sure enough, there they all were, same names as in the dream and everything, even though the majority were people I had never previously met. It's WEIRD!

This happens to me all the time, too.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
This happened to me once when I was about 13. I had a dream that I was in a burning building and my mom was trying to rescue me. The same night she had a dream that she was trying to rescue me from a burning building. My mom was very freaked out about it, she is the type of person who really reads into dreams. I thought it was spooky myself, but that was the only time it ever happened (to my knowledge, at least!)

ETA: Doodle, I joke that my subconscious mind is much smarter than my conscious mind. Your preminition dream is eerie and I've had a couple of very strange dreams. I once had a dream in French--I was speaking French and so was everybody around me. I woke up thinking "that was weird" since I don't know French and ended up jotting down a sentence from the dream out of curiosity. I figured it was just jibberish that I thought was French, but it turns out the sentence really was French. So weird.

I've written songs in my dreams that get caught in my head when I wake up. I also had a dream once that I was an interior designer and I created the most beautiful house I'd ever seen, which I could never create in real life. My subconscious mind just seems to be very creative.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
NEL- not that I do or don't believe in this type of thing, I don't know what I think about it , actually...but, do you think your French dream could be something like maybe you were French in a past life? LOL. Just popped into my head and thought I would jot it down.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results