shape
carat
color
clarity

Vacation Plans???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet's thread got me wondering about vacation plans for PS'ers and also
I went to lunch w/friends from work and we were talking about plans this summer.
One girl was going to Vegas, another friend is going to Disneyland, and another just went to Hawaii like me.

What are your vacation plans this summer???? Anyone taking time off to just veg?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
dh and i have been discussing this too. we''re thinking of combining both our b-days and just taking a trip as our "gift" to each other.
we''ve talked about chicago and disney. i sorta want to throw in a quick close trip to somewhere we''ve never been to also. don''t know where though.
33.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Going to Nantucket tomorrow!!
35.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
british airways is real cheap right now. leaving hopefully next week for hadrian''s wall, durham cathedral, anything north of durham.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
We''re taking a weekend trip out to wine country in a couple of weeks. Thinking about taking a quick trip out to Hawaii after we get scuba certified!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Just our usual trip to the Jersey shore. DHs parents have a house so its cheap and a fun week of vegging out on the beach with at least one trip into AC.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jcrow, that is wonderful that you will celebrate your birthdays on a trip! Chicago sounds fun or Disneyland. Cool
9.gif

Kaleigh, have a safe and fun trip! Have a wonderful time!!!!
35.gif

Have a wonderful time in Durham next week!

Aloros have a wonderful wine tasting trip and yes, get certified so you can see sharks and sea turtles in Hawaii.

Nice, Jersey shore NJC, have a wonderful time.

Lots of fun plans
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The wedding was pretty much our vaca this year. However, we''re making the annual visit to hubby''s sister, who used to live here but had to move to Ohio many years ago.

They''ve got a great house with an inground pool. So we do lots of laying in that, drinking, BBQing, just relaxing and visiting with one another. She is my best friend, besides my SIL, and I really miss her being here. So visits are always fun. We usually go out one night while we''re there also.

Plus, I''ve made friends with her neighbor (who has since moved), and a couple whose hubby works with hers. So they make sure to have them over too while we''re there.

Leaving the second week of July.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want a pool! I love relaxing by the pool; you sound like you are going to have a wonderful time
9.gif
Ellen.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 4:55:41 PM
Author: Skippy123
I want a pool! I love relaxing by the pool; you sound like you are going to have a wonderful time
9.gif
Ellen.
I want a pool too.
11.gif

In fact, I wanted a pool MORE than I wanted this ring, but hubby said no pool.
39.gif
So I had to "settle" for the ring.
9.gif

We will definitely have fun, we always do. Oh, the stories I could tell you....
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
So do I. Maybe I''ll buy an inflatable pool and put it on my roof.
27.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 5:09:52 PM
Author: Harriet
So do I. Maybe I''ll buy an inflatable pool and put it on my roof.
27.gif

Heehee. We have room but hubby won''t let me get a pool so I keep telling him then I am going to Target to buy an inflatable. All our neighbors have one but I hate asking if I can come swimming; it makes me feel like I am a kid. hehehe

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The next apartment has a covered rooftop pool. That's one positive, right?
My gym has an underground lap pool, but it's not the same. Also, I don't think others will appreciate my bobbing around.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, is your trip this month or next? Sorry. . . I know it is at the end of one of the months.
15.gif
(old age here)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah, why? Are you going to tell me you aren''t going?
15.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
We''re going up to Ohio for my aunt''s 90th bday July 1st. Spend a few days with mom. Then down to Cincy to see David''s brother for a few days. I''ll also get to see my son and DIL, and my 2 great nieces I haven''t met yet, my sis and bro, and cousins I haven''t seen for years and years.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
We''re going to Chicago next week for DH''s birthday. No other plans as of yet, but we''ll probably go somewhere in August as well.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spain & Portugal at the end of July and a boat trip down the Amazon River in November.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Kuala Lumpur shopping with DD for 1 week at the end of the month.
LA Las Vegas San Fran and Hawaii (GO ME) instead of skiing in Whistler as DD needs to recover from broken arm this will probably be in October.
And very exciting a trip to India next year!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are going to NY on the 6th of July for 9 days and then at the beginning of August, we''re going to the west of Ireland for 4 nights with our doggie-cannot wait for both trips!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We interrupt this posting for a special announcement.

oshin, your av is hysterical.
9.gif

We now return you to your regularly scheduled posting.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2007 8:23:58 AM
Author: Ellen
We interrupt this posting for a special announcement.

oshin, your av is hysterical.
9.gif

We now return you to your regularly scheduled posting.

I was just thinking that-I love it!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Fun thread! Hearing everyone''s vacation plans is VERY fun! Keep ''em comin''!

In August, we will go to Bethany Beach, DE for our annual shindig with my family. Mom, sisters, husbands, kids, grandkids, neices and nephews... we''re all there and it''s always a blast. We stay every year in the same condo on the beach. We LOVE BB, and we LOVE the Annual Family Vacation together; have been doing it for years, and it''s such a great way to keep our family connected.

We usually take another vacation, too... past years have been Mexico, Punta Cana, Hawaii, Alaska, Thailand, Japan, and most of the Caribbean islands. Cancun is my husband''s favorite place on the planet, so we usually go there every 3rd year or so. DH and I love to go on vaction *by ourselves*, but we also love to go with friends and family. This winter we are planning a cruise with DD and new DSIL; he''s never been on a cruise and so we thought that would be fun. Hopefully DS and DDIL can go, too. It will be tricky timing with everyone''s work schedules, but we are hopeful!

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
We''re going up to visit my in-laws in New England in a couple of weeks. It''ll be a shorter trip than usual, just 5 days. Toward the end of the summer, we''ll be in New Orleans.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 7:41:14 PM
Author: Skippy123
yeah, why? Are you going to tell me you aren''t going?
15.gif
Au contraire. I''m planning the mother of all vacations.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
In August, we''re going to Colorado for 8 days. We''re flying into Denver, renting a car and driving to Estes Park to check out Rocky Mountain National Park for a few days. Then we''ll drive to Beaver Creek to go to my friend''s son''s wedding. Vail is nearby so we''ll go there and also drive to Aspen so see the town and the "Maroon Bells". I''m really looking forward to it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing too exciting. We always go to Ohio in July for a week or so (DH''s family has a house on lake erie) also have a wedding to go to. Then we go to Wisconsin to see my family and they are having a baby shower for me. So July is packed! We are thinking about going somewhere in Aug for a few days to celebrate our anniversary but we''ll see if that works out. Then we are home for the long haul.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Possibly Tahoe/Renno for a week in July, but probably not.

We are going to Oahu for a week in October, but I have yet to book the trip and tickets. And with my recent promotion/raise, I know that if I don''t take the time now, I''ll never be able to take the time off.
2.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
We''ll be going to Virginia & DC next month for a family vacation of sorts. My dh is in the military and this will be during his "pre-deployment leave" so he is taking back to his "home" to meet his family and sight see. My daughters and I have never been there, so we are looking forward to it, but on the other hand, thinking about it just brings home the reality that he will be leaving soon
emsad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results