shape
carat
color
clarity

UGH... major crap going down at work...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
There is a company wide meeting at 3:30. My company is tiny - like 20 people and 7 of them are warehouse personel. I know one of them was let go at lunch and rumor has it our hours are being cut. I think I will be forced into having to work 4 days and having my pay cut 20%, which is better than being laid off. This is supposed to be high selling season for us and the $ we make now carries us through the first quarter of the year, which is typically dead. I don''t even want to think about Jan. at this point... I''ll probably be out of a job.
If ever I needed new job dust, it''s now.
7.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Lots of dust Paula, lots and lots and lots of dust.....

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry to hear this Paula! I''m thinking positive thoughts for you and sending dust your way...I hope things work out for the best for you.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I"m sorry, Paula. That totally stinks. Are you in retail? I know they make a lot of their revenue around the holidays.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awww Paula I am so sorry about that!
15.gif
I hope everything works out for you.

At my Dad''s work, their hours have been cut back through various years and then brought back to 40 hours again. At FF''s work, they have let soooo many people go. So I can understand the stress you are feeling right now.

Tons of dust your way. I''m rooting for you.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers outgoing

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you guys so much. Thankfully I have a great, open relationship with my boss so I''m not being blind-sided like a lot of people here will be.
To give you guys some background, I am an art director for a small publishing company of card games, playing cards and other similar products. I design products, packaging, catalogs... you name it. A lot of our retailers are reneging on orders or simply, not ordering which is understandable in this economy. It just stinks.
7.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Paula - I''m sorry to hear this, lots of dust coming your way!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh Paula - so sorry to hear of the troubles you and your company are having right now - what a tough situation, and a tough time for so many.

Tons of dust, thoughts, and prayers headed your way that things smooth out for you.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I''m really sorry. Times are so rough right now.
7.gif

I''m sending dust your way that everything turns out well.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear. Hope all goes well for you and your co workers!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers going out, I know our company is going to be laying people off within the month, I work for a large insurance company, I dont think I will be layed off, but many people I know might be. Everything is in such a sad state in our world.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear this Paula....

*Dust*

I've been unemployed for a few months now so I felt the pinch and I just now got a job offer today...Things eventually turn around, we all just have to have the courage to stick it out sometimes....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Paula, when I was in art school they always said designers were the first to be let go when the economy heads south but the first to rehire when things start going good again. HOPEFULLY though your job will be there until you decide to leave it. Best of luck!

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again guy for the continued support. The meeting was pushed back to 4:30 today (nice, huh?) and went as expected. We''re all on a 4 day work week, 20% pay cut, and there were some layoffs. I actually felt really bad for the owner... I''d hate to be in his shoes.
Anyway, on the up side of things, I applied for another job this afternoon, and within a half hour, I got a response saying they will be reviewing applications next week and will be in touch. I usually never hear anything at all, so I''m taking that as a good sign!
Tacori, you are so right about us designers being the first to go... it''s terrible that we''re seen as so despensible and that there are so many of us in the field. ah well!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paula, I''m thinking positive thoughts for you. I hope the job you applied for pans out!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I''m really sorry, Paula. DUST to you and to everyone who is suffering in this economic downturn.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sending lots of dust your way...hopefully things will improve, and good luck with the job!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m wishing you the best Paula. A lot of us are going through a similiar thing right now and it''s hard. Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results