shape
carat
color
clarity

UGH!!! Inconsiderate people dinging your car doors!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I just can''t believe it.... I park far away from people... Just because i KNOW how most people do NOT consider other individual''s property. I come back to MY BRAND NEW Mini cooper, not even ONE month old with 2 pretty considerable size dings on my driver''s door! And one of them, has gone through the metal! I am so livid... I just don''t want to know how much it is going to cost me to fix this act of stupidity!!!

THere was a red car parked next to me when i returned, but the scratches that were left were black...
7.gif
I just want to cry AND kill someone...

Just had to vent!

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
So sorry. I too am a distant parker. I will jackknife my parking, hunt for a curb to hug what ever I have to do. If I can't find a perfect spot, I don't park. I will do anything to make certain it can't be dinged. So frustrated for you.

Ding removal has come along way. You may be surprised just how great it is! They have it down to a science. Long spindly tools, plungers and rods can do magic when done by a skilled person. Contact the high end dealers in your area and ask the service/body shop manager who they use. If it is the same one they have used for years, settle for no one else. You may have to work your schedule around his. Take your car to where HE is, but if he is really good it is worth the effort.

There are some guys who THINK they can do it because they detail cars, or have hung a shingle and have business cards. But unless you have a track record of satisfied customers, you aren't touching my car! Nor Amethyste's! Expect to pay about $125 for a count of five and under (unless it is hidden by an unserviceable support bar).

Do get it done soon. Even though you will keep the inside clean, those two dents will reflect to others that a ding is no big thing- it will invite more. So get moving!

I am so sorry you have to deal with it on you new itty bitty cutey ride.

Best of Luck!

EDITED: I just reread your description...gone THROUGH the metal as in HOLE? It sounds more like a bullet hole than a ding sweetie! If you mean gone through the paint to expose the metal, a dent removal will return the sheetmetal to where it was. Then you deal with the paint chip. The dealer sells pens with your paint color. Get the color pen and a clear coat pen. The dent guy can direct you how and if it will work.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry, I hate when this happens, It makes me so mad at how inconsiderate and careless people can be with someone elses property.

This happened to my BF a couple of weeks after he got his new car which he absolutly loves, one nice big dent on the drivers side door which has gone through the paint and one long scratch down the rear pannel which looks like someone has keyed it. He hasn''t had them repaired because he dosn''t want to get so upset next time it happens because as soon as he gets it fixed, it''s bound to just happen again.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2010 10:15:15 PM
Author: CasaBlanca

EDITED: I just reread your description...gone THROUGH the metal as in HOLE? It sounds more like a bullet hole than a ding sweetie! If you mean gone through the paint to expose the metal, a dent removal will return the sheetmetal to where it was. Then you deal with the paint chip. The dealer sells pens with your paint color. Get the color pen and a clear coat pen. The dent guy can direct you how and if it will work.

THank you so much for the words.. There is no hole, my bad - i didn''t convey correctly... the paint is scratched, to the metal.

I will call my dealer tomorrow and ask them if they can ship me a paint pen and a clear coat pen. I most likely call a dent guy and see if they do mobile service as well... THank you so much for the input.

Thanks everyone - i feel better about it now, I''ll deal with all of this tomorrow...*yawn*

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2010 12:21:20 AM
Author: Amethyste

Date: 5/16/2010 10:15:15 PM
Author: CasaBlanca

THank you so much for the words.. There is no hole, my bad - i didn''t convey correctly... the paint is scratched, to the metal.

I will call my dealer tomorrow and ask them if they can ship me a paint pen and a clear coat pen. I most likely call a dent guy and see if they do mobile service as well... THank you so much for the input.

Thanks everyone - i feel better about it now, I''ll deal with all of this tomorrow...*yawn*
Ame, I have tried lots of touch ups with paint pents and really I have never been satisfied with the results so especially as your car is new, I would get a pro to do it.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How annoying
29.gif
!

A few years ago, I was parked in the TJ Maxx parking lot. I was sitting in my car, waiting for my mom, and a woman pulled into the spot next to me. When she opened her car door, her door hit my car really hard...I was surprised that she kept on walking to the store. I got out to see if she had left a mark, and I noticed a HUGE chunk taken out of my passenger side door! I was PO''d, and called the police. Long story short, all it took was a phone call from the officer and she mailed me a check for the estimate.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results