carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

katharath

Ideal_Rock
telephone89|1487627254|4131330 said:
This guy is my new favourite.

I'll have to follow him, thanks for posting!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaaron - I am totally behind a free press that operates on facts with investigative journalism. If he does something stupid by all means report it. But the Op Ed laden media that is being used as news is not that. Too much opinion and not enough investigation before printing to gain clicks is dangerous also. So many links even here on PS are to opinion articles that people take for truth. If it turns our wrong, the correction is never noted with as much hoopla as the original.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1487627287|4131332 said:
Good to know where people draw the line. :wall:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
What the hell?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/tsa-jfk-passengers-bypass-security-checkpoint-article-1.2977418?cid=bitly

ELEVEN people got through, and then they tried to cover it up. Nice!

Snip:

"Rather than notifying the police, who are specifically trained to handle those situations, the TSA used its own lesser trained agents to search for the unscreened passengers.

“The TSA tried to mitigate the situation by sending their screeners through the terminal in violation of all the protocols,” a source said. “The protocol says law enforcement is immediately notified.”

img_4441.png

katharath

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1487627675|4131336 said:
katharath|1487627287|4131332 said:
Good to know where people draw the line. :wall:

Yeah, because I was beginning to think there no longer was one!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
redwood66|1487627440|4131335 said:
jaaron - I am totally behind a free press that operates on facts with investigative journalism. If he does something stupid by all means report it. But the Op Ed laden media that is being used as news is not that. Too much opinion and not enough investigation before printing to gain clicks is dangerous also. So many links even here on PS are to opinion articles that people take for truth. If it turns our wrong, the correction is never noted with as much hoopla as the original.

Well, I suppose the belief of the framers was that they were dealing with an electorate intelligent enough to differentiate between fact and opinion. This last election cycle appears to have shown that not to be the case. I'm pleased to hear that you are apparently then, by default, not a Fox News fan. :angel:

Apologies for de-railing this thread. Back to the tweets.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaaron|1487628116|4131342 said:

Well, I suppose the belief of the framers was that they were dealing with an electorate intelligent enough to differentiate between fact and opinion. This last election cycle appears to have shown that not to be the case. I'm pleased to hear that you are apparently then, by default, not a Fox News fan. :angel:

This is why the media concerns me. You say you are a journalist but then make this kind of statement.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am all for those looking for roommates to do this. Those Trump supporters likely would not want to live with someone like that anyway. Its better to never make the call than have to meet someone like that.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
redwood66|1487628320|4131343 said:

This is why the media concerns me. You say you are a journalist but then make this kind of statement.

Yes, I am speaking personally--not politically--and with he understanding that my personal opinion is coloured by my professional experience and observation. During the years I was a working journalist, I was registered as an independent and voted across the board. When I was covering anything remotely related to politics, I didn't vote, although I was a reporter, not an editorial writer, so I did not opine, although, as I said earlier, there is always bias in the stories a reporter will push to have covered. Most of us did not go into the industry for the glory (ha), the pay (horrible), or the cushy hours (lol) or to push our political beliefs on others-- we did (do) it because we believe in the public's right to know.

I think Trump is awful and is going to make an awful president. I understand and respect that others don't feel the same way. They have every right to vote the way they see fit. I do think that Trump was held to the lowest standard of accountability of any candidate, certainly in modern history, and that he is now on a mission to try to ensure that nothing critical that is written about him is given any credence. And when the public reacts to press by suggesting they be lynched (following the president's lead), I think we have an electorate not intelligent enough to understand that they are willingly inching toward throwing away their own rights and freedoms.

I also think voters might not agree with Slate or The New York Times or The National Review, or whatever, but if they can't or won't bother to discern disagreement with an editorial position from the allegation that Hillary Clinton is running a pedophile ring out of a pizzeria, then, yes, I do believe they lack critical intelligence.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You really need to get over the t-shirt. I am sorry that my finding it a bit funny offended you. I find humor in many odd things.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
No. I don't.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
jaaron|1487630156|4131363 said:
No. I don't.

Of course you don't!!

You see what making a logical, informed case about a topic (a topic that you even have specific experience of!) gets you: a deflection and a "get over it" reply.

I appreciate you trying, although I'm mostly past that point myself.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaaron|1487629497|4131356 said:
redwood66|1487628320|4131343 said:

Yes, I am speaking personally--not politically--and with he understanding that my personal opinion is coloured by my professional experience and observation. During the years I was a working journalist, I was registered as an independent and voted across the board. When I was covering anything remotely related to politics, I didn't vote, although I was a reporter, not an editorial writer, so I did not opine, although, as I said earlier, there is always bias in the stories a reporter will push to have covered. Most of us did not go into the industry for the glory (ha), the pay (horrible), or the cushy hours (lol) or to push our political beliefs on others-- we did (do) it because we believe in the public's right to know.

I think Trump is awful and is going to make an awful president. I understand and respect that others don't feel the same way. They have every right to vote the way they see fit. I do think that Trump was held to the lowest standard of accountability of any candidate, certainly in modern history, and that he is now on a mission to try to ensure that nothing critical that is written about him is given any credence. And when the public reacts to press by suggesting they be lynched (following the president's lead), I think we have an electorate not intelligent enough to understand that they are willingly inching toward throwing away their own rights and freedoms.

I also think voters might not agree with Slate or The New York Times or The National Review, or whatever, but if they can't or won't bother to discern disagreement with an editorial position from the allegation that Hillary Clinton is running a pedophile ring out of a pizzeria, then, yes, I do believe they lack critical intelligence.

I appreciate the time you took to make your views known. There is media on all sides that lend toward the ridiculous. It is too bad that all voters are not discerning.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Poor baby :(

img_4448.png

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
katharath|1487631368|4131381 said:

And as I posted in the other thread they finally got a clue after hearing that particularly disgusting comment he made and uninvited him.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kath, These are great. I feel badly for those who are in a bad position regarding healthcare. They seem to think Trump is going to save the day for them.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1487631471|4131383 said:
:boohoo: let's all stop and feel bad for him.

:lol:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1487631801|4131390 said:
Kath, These are great. I feel badly for those who are in a bad position regarding healthcare. They seem to think Trump is going to save the day for them.

Thanks, Callie.

Yes, it is a strange situation - so many of them had no idea that Obamacare was the health insurance that they were happy to have!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1487632026|4131394 said:
katharath|1487631471|4131383 said:
:boohoo: let's all stop and feel bad for him.

:lol:

He is SUCH an utter slimeball. And, of course, an AVID Trump supporter.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
katharath|1487632675|4131400 said:
Calliecake|1487631801|4131390 said:

Thanks, Callie.

Yes, it is a strange situation - so many of them had no idea that Obamacare was the health insurance that they were happy to have!

It is no longer a matter of having ObamaCare.

With Humana dropping out and Aetna probably not far from doing so, it has become unsustainable.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
This pic may have been around for a bit (I have no idea), but I just saw it and lol'd so decided to add it:

img_15156.jpg

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
I appreciate the time you took to make your views known. There is media on all sides that lend toward the ridiculous. It is too bad that all voters are not discerning.

Thank you for your civil reply. I want to throw one more thing out - I'm not sure if you've ever been to Russia, but what you find there is not a populace who feels they live under the thumb of a tyrant, but a populace who believe they have a misunderstood, brilliant, dynamic, empathetic, strategist for a leader. And one of the reasons they feel that way is that they do not have a remotely free press and--while I'm sure there are ways around it--they don't really have free internet access either. The Russian people don't miss what they don't have. Americans have it and we need to not allow ourselves to be seduced into giving it away.

If you haven't already, Garry Kasparov's twitter feed is brilliant and fascinating. Very well worth a look.
https://twitter.com/Kasparov63?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

And now I'll return this thread to it's original purpose-- the orange one's tweets of insanity.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Jaaron - This thread encapsulates sort of a lot - it is commentary, news, tweets, and memes, but generally relating to our president/gov't, all rolled into one spot (so that I can avoid cluttering up the board with multiple semi-related things). You have a great perspective. Don't worry about only focusing on tweets; I don't expect that to be the sole focus here, and tangentially related discussions are fine by me. That being said, I will probably continue to post a LOT of tweets in here, lol.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaaron|1487635299|4131422 said:

Thank you for your civil reply. I want to throw one more thing out - I'm not sure if you've ever been to Russia, but what you find there is not a populace who feels they live under the thumb of a tyrant, but a populace who believe they have a misunderstood, brilliant, dynamic, empathetic, strategist for a leader. And one of the reasons they feel that way is that they do not have a remotely free press and--while I'm sure there are ways around it--they don't really have free internet access either. The Russian people don't miss what they don't have. Americans have it and we need to not allow ourselves to be seduced into giving it away.

If you haven't already, Garry Kasparov's twitter feed is brilliant and fascinating. Very well worth a look.
https://twitter.com/Kasparov63?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

And now I'll return this thread to it's original purpose-- the orange one's tweets of insanity.

Well with Katharath's blessing I will add to this discussion.

Americans should rejoice in the liberties that we have and fight hard to not let them fall by the wayside. That said I expect more from the press than what I am seeing, free press does not mean free from fact or free to interpretation. Trump has his issues but there is an assault on everything this White House does.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results