carat
color
clarity

Trump begins to threaten the press

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="redwood66|1484689487

No not really. Sitting here waiting to see if DH is laid off or not. Thank you for asking.

:wavey:[/quote]
Hoping to hear some good news. Good luck to your DH !.. :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red,
I am sorry about your family situation. Wishing for good news about your DH's job.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1484602108|4115798 said:
The video I saw the CNN reporter was interrupting insistently and consistently. Make your voice known a couple of times but to continue further is just rude. It would have been disrespectful to Obama also. The press should learn real quickly that if you are disrespectful then you don't get a question. Its about respect for the office whether you have personal respect for the man or not.

Yes, the reporter interrupted repeatedly. It was rude, but unfortunately, people will see/hear what they want to see hear. The truth never matters in these types of scenarios.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1484689487|4116061 said:
ruby59|1484689014|4116057 said:
AGBF|1484686117|4116049 said:
redwood66|1484682836|4116030 said:
At this point on this day I do not care what happens. I am sorry I offended you.

You did not offend me, so the apology was unnecessary. Since you apologized, however, I will, too. I am sorry that I got personal with the comment about you feeling frustrated. We always speak civilly to each other. Thank you for continuing our practice.

Deb :wavey:

Red, are you OK?

No not really. Sitting here waiting to see if DH is laid off or not. Thank you for asking.

:wavey:

Sorry to hear this, red. Your family is in my thoughts.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all. This is just to update you rather than starting anything new. All the well wishes are so appreciated. DH's position and 12 others like his are being eliminated on Jan 27. The company is condensing those positions into 6 (relatively same pay) and the 13 people will be interviewed at the end of the week if they choose to. The ones not chosen for the 6 spots will have 12 months to find another position in the company or outside. If they have not they will be terminated with no unemployment. It could have been much worse since one of the positions above him was eliminated and the guy was walked out yesterday with a 6 week severance package. DH will apply for one of the positions this week and we shall see from there. If he doesn't get one he will be leaving in Sept. for a company that has been trying to get him for more than a year. They pay much less though.

Thanks again for all your good thoughts.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I wish him lots of luck, red! Please keep us posted.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1484762231|4116274 said:
Hi all. This is just to update you rather than starting anything new. All the well wishes are so appreciated. DH's position and 12 others like his are being eliminated on Jan 27. The company is condensing those positions into 6 (relatively same pay) and the 13 people will be interviewed at the end of the week if they choose to. The ones not chosen for the 6 spots will have 12 months to find another position in the company or outside. If they have not they will be terminated with no unemployment. It could have been much worse since one of the positions above him was eliminated and the guy was walked out yesterday with a 6 week severance package. DH will apply for one of the positions this week and we shall see from there. If he doesn't get one he will be leaving in Sept. for a company that has been trying to get him for more than a year. They pay much less though.

Thanks again for all your good thoughts.

I am sorry your husband's position is being eliminated, but happy that he will be able to interview for another position. When my husband was laid off from Citibank he did not have such an option. Like your husband, he had another job available soon after, but at a far lower salary. It was also a very boring job (for him). We stopped the adoption proceedings in which we were engaged when he was laid off, before he secured the other job, due to our economic uncertainty and our worry about how we would look to the orphanage from which we wanted to adopt, too. That was heartbreaking at the time. It worked out in the end because he got a better and more interesting job than the one he had had at Citibank after a year at the boring job and we went on to adopt our daughter.

The next time he was laid off he was given a chance to interview for another in-house position, but it was very competitive, becuase he was working for a small bank that was downsizing. That time he was out of work for a year at age 53. At the end, when he had just gotten a new job offer, he had a heart attack. It was not an easy time for us!

I was not trying to make this "all about me", just trying to say that i know how hard life can be, but that you can bounce back and that I know you will. You and your family are very intelligent, hardworking, and resilient. You will be successful one way or another. I am sorry that you are having such a hard path, however.

I wish your family strength.

Hugs,
Deb

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Deb and momhappy. I am grateful for all we have Deb and yesterday was hard but I know that we will survive this. In fact I feel a bit guilty today for my despair yesterday. Many people have it much harder.

DH has decided, after much discussion between us, that he is going to pass on interviewing for the new jobs. We were trying to make some changes later this year anyway because his job is so stressful. The new positions will have all the responsibility of the upper management (above DH) and very tiny pay increase - maybe 60 cents. 10X the stress and that is not what he or I want for him. He will likely wait until after summer and take the job with the other company for less $. The stress will be ten fold less and schedule will be much better - what kind of home improvement store stays open until 10pm? I never understood that. He says the place is a ghost town after 7pm but he works until 11. Money isn't everything to us.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1484780486|4116361 said:
Thank you Deb and momhappy. I am grateful for all we have Deb and yesterday was hard but I know that we will survive this. In fact I feel a bit guilty today for my despair yesterday. Many people have it much harder.

DH has decided, after much discussion between us, that he is going to pass on interviewing for the new jobs. We were trying to make some changes later this year anyway because his job is so stressful. The new positions will have all the responsibility of the upper management (above DH) and very tiny pay increase - maybe 60 cents. 10X the stress and that is not what he or I want for him. He will likely wait until after summer and take the job with the other company for less $. The stress will be ten fold less and schedule will be much better - what kind of home improvement store stays open until 10pm? I never understood that. He says the place is a ghost town after 7pm but he works until 11. Money isn't everything to us.

I am glad that you were able to come to a decision together, red, but I know what a blow a job loss is. The hit is not just financial. It is emotional, especially to a man. And I say that as an ardent feminist, but also as an experienced psychotherapist who refuses to ignore empirical evidence. It doesn't matter whether your husband had been considering retirement; he didn't want a decision to be made for him.

I am glad that you are both optimistic. All of us here are in your corner!

Deb :wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a good plan and I wish your family the best. Things that affect the family so deeply is never an easy decision.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results