shape
carat
color
clarity

Tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
We probably won''t get there this weekend. Babysitters are in short supply for this weekend (must be a lot of Star Wars geeks with kids in our neighborhood, we''ve been searching for 2 weeks!) It''s going to be an ugly scene when my 7 year old figures out that he''s going to be left with a babysitter while his dad and I go to the theater without him to see it. I just wish they''d found a way to make it PG. I''ve heard reviews that said it definately deserves it PG-13 rating so no viewing by my young Star Wars fans.
8.gif

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Pearcrazy,

I''m impressed your kids can handle that type of movie! My parents took me to see Return of the Jedi (granted I was 3 or 4 at the time) as a kid. I remember they asked me before we went in if I was brave enough to go. I swore up and down that I was, and, of course, I had to be removed from the theater in tears because Jabba the Hutt was so scary. Plus, every night I was convinced that the little red riding hood cape in my closet was actually Darth Vader.

Good times...

Seriously though, I''m way excited about this one. But it''s kind of disappointing because there won''t be any more of them to look forward too... Bittersweet...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2005 9:34:42 AM
Author: crankydave
cough, cough, sputter, sneeeeeeeeze, hack...cough.............snifff

Think I''m coming down with something. May have to to take a ''sick day''......cough...

Dave
bummer! i think i just ..cough.. caught some of your highly...cough.. contagious germs........

njc

Brilliant_Rock
FI and pretty much everyone he works with are going together at midnight. I asked him this morning if he had picked his costume out yet...
9.gif

We decided a couple days ago that the tech industry is going to take a big hit tomorrow because everyone will be dead tired from going to see the movie!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2005 10:01:18 AM
Author: abradabra
Pearcrazy,

I''m impressed your kids can handle that type of movie! My parents took me to see Return of the Jedi (granted I was 3 or 4 at the time) as a kid. I remember they asked me before we went in if I was brave enough to go. I swore up and down that I was, and, of course, I had to be removed from the theater in tears because Jabba the Hutt was so scary. Plus, every night I was convinced that the little red riding hood cape in my closet was actually Darth Vader.

Good times...

Seriously though, I''m way excited about this one. But it''s kind of disappointing because there won''t be any more of them to look forward too... Bittersweet...
Handle it they can. Not scared are my boys. Not interested is my daughter.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/18/2005 10:17:37 AM
Author: pearcrazy
Handle it they can. Not scared are my boys. Not interested is my daughter.
Ha! You''ve got some brave young jedis there!

I hope my kids are like yours and not fraidy cats like me...

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
We''re going to wait until next weekend. The crowds on opening weekend shows in our area are so rude and wild, that we wouldn''t appreciate the movie and would have to go & see it again!! (Oh...wait...that may not be a BAD thing!!)....Anyway, it''ll still be crowded during week #2, but the teenagers will have seen it by then and the crowd will be a little more manageable...

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tonight?!?!?! I thought it was coming out on the 19th ... tomorrow?

njc

Brilliant_Rock
They are starting to show it at midnight tonight, technically tomorrow, May 19th.

youngster

Shiny_Rock
This movies is PG-13 and is supposed to be much darker so my youngest is not allowed to go. The DH may go this weekend with our teen. I''m skipping the entire thing. Episode I and II were lousy (IMO). Poor writing, lousy acting. Couldn''t hold a candle to Episode IV (original Star Wars) and V (Empire). So, that along with having to endure everything from Star Wars dixie cups to Star Wars french fries to Chewbacca coca-cola, has made me decide not to give Mr. Lucas another dime.

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
Sir John, I take it that you''ll be one of the first in line. I think the rest of us here at work will just wait for your personal review before fighting the crowds!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2005 3:02:21 PM
Author: youngster
This movies is PG-13 and is supposed to be much darker so my youngest is not allowed to go. The DH may go this weekend with our teen. I''m skipping the entire thing. Episode I and II were lousy (IMO). Poor writing, lousy acting. Couldn''t hold a candle to Episode IV (original Star Wars) and V (Empire). So, that along with having to endure everything from Star Wars dixie cups to Star Wars french fries to Chewbacca coca-cola, has made me decide not to give Mr. Lucas another dime.
Yeah, ep II was barely watchable. But I have to see the last installment. I''m compelled. Since it suppose to rain here tomorrow, I may have to play hooky and go see it. I''m really hoping it''s good. I don''t mind dark.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
He he...my sister is taking my little brothers and all of his friends. I have had a fe calls about baby sitting, but I really dont like coming over at 1030 and leaving about about 4am....too many deer out.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I fandago''ed my tickets for 1:45 matinee tomorrow. I had to PROMISE hubby that I would see it again with him. Just read the USA today review - I don''t think that will be a problem.
9.gif
They gave it rave reviews though did say it was dark.

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
is jar jar binks still in it?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2005 6:05:08 PM
Author: Lord Summerisle
is jar jar binks still in it?
The review said only as a "cameo" type appearance - thank goodness. The review said Yoda was at the four front of the story.

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
write ep3 crossed of the list of ones to watch then... 1/10th of a second appearance is too much frankly!
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2005 6:27:59 PM
write ep3 crossed of the list of ones to watch then... 1/10th of a second appearance is too much frankly!
2.gif
Oye - don''t write it off so quickly.
28.gif
He is part of the dopey orig. last installment. Heck, maybe it''s in his contract. And, I will report tomorrow. I won''t be checking this thread as to avoid those who see it tonight.

I know I''m showing my age - no secret - I remember camping out for the last installment of the first triolgy.

Islandia

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/18/2005 6:27:59 PM
2.gif
What if it was 1/10th second of him getting cleaved in two by Vader''s saber? That''s the only reason I am going to see it is hoping for that eventuality.

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
My DH, DS(19) and his best friend also 19 are in line right now with tickets in hand to see the 12:01am showing. I''ll get a good nights sleep at least. I''ll wait to go in a couple of weeks when it''s not quite as crowded.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
YES!

It''s been a 30 year saga, but we''ve finally seen it all.

Just think: Once this comes out on DVD you could sit down and actually watch the 30 year story unfold all in the right order.

I don''t do spoilers, so I''ll reserve comment on content, but (in my humble opinion) this one makes up for the last two and then some! A few ''forced'' bits to setup Ep IV are forgiven due to the flow of the story, the breathless pacing (buckle your seat belt), a great musical soundtrack, effects (duh!) and an elegant visual evolution of the ''look and feel'' of the coming Empire and Old Republic.

Photos of the menagerie follow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results