shape
carat
color
clarity

toe nails

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
So summer is here, it is time to show off your pretty feet.

Do you have good looking toe nails? or how do you say it... do you do toe nail manicures? I have never been to a manicures and I always have my nails very short. I cut them off as soon as I see the white things.

I just got myself a pair of sandles and though that a nice nail polish would go well with the shoes... unfortunately I always file off my toe nails, so my toe nails are very short, putting nail polish on would probably make my toes look short and fat.. I wish I had a little longer nails for the rosey pearly nail polish I had in mind.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I like short toenails too - I hate when the white shows and I never do a french manicure on my toes. I always have them painted, usually dark pink or red. I don''t take great care of my feet! I moisturise and buff off the dry skin, keep the nails painted, that''s about it. I spend as little time as possible on them and don''t show them off much - I don''t really like feet
32.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My nail bases are absurdly long - even when I cut them off as soon as I see white they're just a mm or so from the tips of my fingers/toes. And my fingernails are lopsided from years of violin - I kept cutting my left hand nails shorter and shorter, so I have to leave a little bit of white nail now if I want right hand and left hand to have nails of the same length
40.gif

Hate going in for pedicures - the common tubs, utensils, polishes skeeve me out. I do my own - takes me about an hour and it's a nice relaxing way to spend a sunday afternoon
1.gif
I tend to use light polishes to play down my nail length, maybe the opposite - darks - make your nails look longer?

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
...sigh...

I used to have decent looking feet. I now have the feet of a runner.
14.gif

ETA: I'll still do upkeep with my nails to keep them looking OK. I always had a french manicure on my toes in prior yrs.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you think you have nasty feet, just look up the toe ring shot by Dancing Fire.......

Does anyone really have pretty feet after 20? I think feet are the first to go. You can dress um up, but they are still feet. EEww!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually envy women with nice pedicures even more than women with beautiful hands. I don''t know why. I accept my pudgy square man hands, but I''m embarrassed to have real pedicures done. I''ve only done it once. I guess if you do it regularly your nails look better? I always wear polish in the summer, and always keep my feet sanded (?) and moisturized. I need to look after them as I''m diabetic.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to the "feet are feet." I''ve never actually seen "pretty" feet.

I keep my nails a bit longer. I like them to be even with the end of my toe. I always have them painted. I give myself a pedicure every 10-14 days with a foot spa, sloughing cream, loofah, lotion, file, polish. I just did one last night in fact.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 5:32:41 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Ditto to the ''feet are feet.'' I''ve never actually seen ''pretty'' feet.

I keep my nails a bit longer. I like them to be even with the end of my toe. I always have them painted. I give myself a pedicure every 10-14 days with a foot spa, sloughing cream, loofah, lotion, file, polish. I just did one last night in fact.
Thank you ladies for sharing your perspectives on the feet. LOL... I am suprise to see so many of you not that into looking at people''s feet. I am like lyra, like to look at people''s nice pedicures (a new word for me). I am actually so envious of people who have nice pedicures, especially with men... I always wonder if they do it by themselves or have them done by a professional or their girlfriend/wife do it for them. I don''t do much up keeping of my feet.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 5:31:51 PM
Author: lyra
I actually envy women with nice pedicures even more than women with beautiful hands. I don''t know why. I accept my pudgy square man hands, but I''m embarrassed to have real pedicures done. I''ve only done it once. I guess if you do it regularly your nails look better? I always wear polish in the summer, and always keep my feet sanded (?) and moisturized. I need to look after them as I''m diabetic.
This is me to a T. I have foot envy. I would classify my feet as "farmers feet". I grew up not wearing shoes for most of the year unless I had to go out in public. I have broken toes, my toenails are always super short (I danced quite a bit in college and had to keep them short--I''ve kept them short ever since) and my feet are just...big. I generally just keep my feet hidden!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I hate feet too! I''m sure it doesn''t help that mine are weird looking - too many years of stuffing them into tight figure skates for them to look nice! It''s been years since I skated regularly and still my feet are very hard and tough. Then I cracked and lost a nail playing softball, and it grew back in funny, which didn''t help!

So my nails are super short and I NEVER wear sandals, except at the beach/pool. I keep my nails painted a light natural color, but the only one who ever sees them is me.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I never pay for pedicures, but I do them myself every week or two. I keep my nails cut short, clean them up, then paint them a pretty color. I hate when the nails are long and I don't like french pedicures. I also don't spend any time soaking or doing anything else to them.

Right now they're teal
30.gif
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bmqcJNMkMRI/SmZgTWAZtEI/AAAAAAAAA3E/vO2lwc1bnZ4/s400/DSC06230-1.jpg
but I'm getting antsy. I can't decide if I want to go with a pinkish-purple next or a bright pink.

I don't really like painting my fingernails, but I love having my toes painted. I especially love that I can do wacky colors on my toes that I would never use on my fingers.

eta: I think I have nice feet! There are gross feet and there are decent feet - I don't think all feet are gross, so I appreciate a pedicure (though I never get close enough to know if the person has buffed and moisturized; mostly I just notice polish)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''m surprised that so many of y''all hate feet! Is this like the clown thing?

Me, I like feet (not in a fetishy way), at least so long as they''re well-kept: I do have to admit, the people who toss on sandals in, say, April, without bothering to so much as trim their toenails skeeve me right out. But my own feet? Love ''em - they''re a long and slender 9.5 (hey, I said they were long!) and they serve me well, keeping me walking and climbing and dancing at all hours. I almost always have my toenails painted: I do them myself, as I do a better job. When I''m feeling fancy, I dig out any color of the rainbow (I literally have a rainbow array on a shelf in the bathroom), but most of the time they''re silver.

My only pet peeve? My poor pinky toenails are sad and stubby and one of them likes to crack right down the center. I assume this is due to years of pointy shoes, but what''re you going to do, right? Certainly not give up the shoes ....

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/5/2010 6:32:33 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I have far from cute toes.. but.. I love my pedicures and I have recently been able to have my first really wonderful french manicure.. first off.. I love these shoes..

OMG, SanDiegoLady! Those are the cutest sandals known to man! Any chance you''d care to share who makes them?

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock

err, what do i do with the fact that my littlest toenail on the right is always black (?from shoes, don''t think it''s trauma)

can''t seem to file it away.

treated for possible fungal infection, but it isn''t that/

any ideas???

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
nail bed bruise or blood blister under the nail. It happens to my big toenails sometimes when I wear really form fitting or too small shoes.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I generally ignore my feet unless they get blistered from new shoes or working out too much. I cut the nails only when I notice that they''re long and rarely paint them. I''m the anti-girl when it comes to my feet (and most other things!) :)

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! SDL, where did you get your sandals?! I LOVE THEM!
I love pedicures and get them regularly throughout the warm weather. I usuall go with a dark pink or red - right now they''re watermelon from essy!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have ugly feet. They''re wide Bam Bam feet like my brothers, but small. My toes are short and misplaced. Random short toes in w/random longer (but still unbelievably short)toes and just..wrong. I paint my toenails and had a pedicure once that looked really nice-made my feet not look so ugly. And I tattooed my feet too so people don''t look at my ugly toes.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
SDL, I don''t know which I like better, your pedicure or your sandals - they both rock!

Here''s my favorite discontinued Essie polish that I had to hunt down - seems like whenever I find the perfect red for my skin tone, it gets discontinued!
38.gif

IMG_1733-1.JPG

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you like my new colors?
9.gif

00toenails.jpg

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 7:33:07 PM
Author: luckynumber

err, what do i do with the fact that my littlest toenail on the right is always black (?from shoes, don''t think it''s trauma)

can''t seem to file it away.

treated for possible fungal infection, but it isn''t that/

any ideas???

HH is right. Are your shoes wide enough? Enough pressure from your shoe will cause black toe nails. I''m surprised it hasn''t fallen off yet.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I wear very plain clothes - jeans w/t-shirts and my fingernails are cut short and left plain, but I LOVE bright fun polishes and own over 40 OPI shades! Crazy or what? My DH told me to my face that I "have a problem."
20.gif

My toe nails are short and painted different shades depending upon my mood. I''m not into decals. Just love bright fun shades. :)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's some of my collection. Not the most flattering of photo - colors look better in RL. . .and some of the polishes have settled a bit. Need to shake them up!

More bottles are scattered around the house.
3.gif
(Yikes that picture does look bad. . .I'm too lazy to go take another one with the flash. lol!)

mcpolishes.jpg

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 8:35:58 PM
Author: packrat
I have ugly feet. They''re wide Bam Bam feet like my brothers, but small. My toes are short and misplaced. Random short toes in w/random longer (but still unbelievably short)toes and just..wrong. I paint my toenails and had a pedicure once that looked really nice-made my feet not look so ugly. And I tattooed my feet too so people don''t look at my ugly toes.
Yay for foot tattoos! Both of mine are done!
I have a disformed left big toe due to years of ballet dancing. I had a bone spur under the nail, and when the nail was removed, they damaged the nail bed. So I was left with no nail in the middle, and basically 2 nails, one growing from each side. Yes, its annoying and weird bc it hurts if they get long and grow into each other.
I digress. I have terrible corns, blisters, calluses, but I still like getting pedicures and trying to make my feet look their best. Pedicures just feel so good, and since I beat the crap out of them each day wearing pointy shoes and spikes, I deserve them! Nothing better than soaking my feet!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 10:18:58 PM
Author: charbie
Date: 5/5/2010 8:35:58 PM

Author: packrat

Yay for foot tattoos! Both of mine are done!

I have a disformed left big toe due to years of ballet dancing. I had a bone spur under the nail, and when the nail was removed, they damaged the nail bed. So I was left with no nail in the middle, and basically 2 nails, one growing from each side. Yes, its annoying and weird bc it hurts if they get long and grow into each other.

I digress. I have terrible corns, blisters, calluses, but I still like getting pedicures and trying to make my feet look their best. Pedicures just feel so good, and since I beat the crap out of them each day wearing pointy shoes and spikes, I deserve them! Nothing better than soaking my feet!

Woo hoo! Add me to the list of people w/ a foot tattoo.
2.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
I used to really like my feet, but I''ve been having toe nail issues for the last 3 years now (ugh it sickens me to realize how long its really been). For some reason my left big toe nail has gone through 2 phases of just stopping growing, then kind of thickening, and then beginning to regrow but lower than the current nail. It''s very weird and creates an odd looking nail. I''ve been treated for a few different things to no avail. Its finally almost done growing out the weird nail for the second time and I don''t want to jinx it, but it looks ok at the moment. I REALLY hope this ridiculousness is over. I used to keep them painted all the time but at the moment I''m trying to do as little as possible to it in hopes of regaining normal nail growth. I only own about 2 things of nailpolish though, nothing like some of you ladies. Maybe if I go a few months with normal nail growth I''ll celebrate with a new polish purchase.

Oh and I''ve never had a pedicure, it sounds fun though except my feet are pretty ticklish so idk how that would go over. I once kicked my dad in the stomach when he was trying to give me a foot massage... no bueno.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and Kenny... way to taint a perfectly good thread about toenails... GROSS!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 6:34:05 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
And I was excited about my manicure. I only got the flower on my ring finger.. Its fun.. and it was fun to get pampered.

Love this look! It''s so pretty and your feet and hands look gorgeous. I just love the classic and clean look of a french manicure.

My feet and fingers are bony and lately I have been chewing on my finger nails, but I may grow them out so I can get a pretty french manicure like yours!

Beautiful sandals too, almost like a butterfly!
2.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 9:40:37 PM
Author: MC
Here's some of my collection. Not the most flattering of photo - colors look better in RL. . .and some of the polishes have settled a bit. Need to shake them up!

More bottles are scattered around the house.
3.gif
(Yikes that picture does look bad. . .I'm too lazy to go take another one with the flash. lol!)

Hey MC,

is that the Chanel Riviera on the bottom left corner? If yes, how do you like the colour?

Great collection, btw!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results