shape
carat
color
clarity

THIS woman thinks she's too pretty to be liked?? Seriously?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Talk about ego. This very ordinary woman is convinced she's gorgeous, and if you're a woman and you disagree, well, then, you're obviously insanely jealous of her. I rather think her large choppers and flat tresses keep her from winning "World's Most Stunning Woman", but hey, I could be wrong.

And, no. I'm not hating on her because she's pretty. :rolleyes: I'm not pointing out her 'faults' because I'm mean. I just don't see where beauty is playing a role in her life. Is she attractive enough, yes. Are men smitten by her looks, um . . . I gotta think . . . not.

http://thelook.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/04/11018741-too-beautiful-british-writer-the-bile-proves-my-point

samantha wedding.jpg

samantha what's with the teeth.jpg

samantha, who.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: THIS woman thinks she's too pretty to be liked?? Seriou

She's not quite Angelina or Jennifer Lopez or any supermodel or any (insert most amazing woman you could imagine *here*) that I've ever seen, so I'd assume she's "ok enough" to be liked as opposed to "too pretty".

Her ego, however, is probably what's holding back friendships. If she really sees herself and her looks as too intimidating to others, looks are the least of her problems!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

I think she is somewhat less than plain. She has the nose of a king charles spaniel on an unfortunate and rather plastic countenance. She may be a member of the junior league, but her dance card has vacancies.At 38 she had cellulite on her upper arms, yet seems to have insisted on wearing the strapless dress from Marshall's on her wedding day. The purple dress creates the illusion of a mastectomy, simultaneously making the remaining, or reconstructed, boob look totally out of place. Even her hands, like her arms and face, are lumpy. Shirley Booth was hotter.

eta: if she is not liked by her peers maybe it has something to do with having tried to pass boughten cookies off as homemade. Does she really think we're that dumb?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock

I would hazard a guess that she has extreme narcissicitic personality disorder.

There was a case a few years ago in the UK - which also made the national press - involving a girl who I knew personally. It was very sad - she quite obviously believed that she was stunningly beautiful and that any man that so much as spoke to her was crazy about her/perving over her (naming a number of high profile politicians) and all women were jealous and worried that she would steal their husbands/boyfriends - who were of course also lusting after her.

She used to keep a blog - which I'm ashamed to say was my soap-opera of choice for many years.

As I felt sorry for that woman, so I feel sorry for this one.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

There are tons of bloggers out there who've turned their NPD's into cold, hard cash. It's entertaining. There's a website called Getoffmyinternets.net devoted to these types--fashion bloggers, mommy bloggers, healthy living bloggers, etc. Hilarious stuff.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

she looks pretty average to me? kinda surprised she gets free stuff??

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

She is pretty. But so are many other women in this world!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock

They were talking about this on the radio this morning, the two male hosts were like :confused:

ETA I just read the article...surely it's a joke? I know countless people way prettier than that women who have none of the complaints she has, surely it's got to be something other than her looks attracting all the hostility! And the stories are too crazy to be real, I mean walking on to a plane and the captain sends you a bottle of champagne, just because? When did the captain even see you woman?! That stuff doesn't even happen to the likes of Elle MacPherson for god's sake.

I call spoof on this one, and if it is, it's pretty funny!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ah, but we are all jealous so of course we think she is plain!!! Let's hear from the guys! After all, they fall over themselves for her.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

This reminds me of the Ani DiFranco lyric:
"God help you if you are an ugly girl / course too pretty is also your doom / for everyone harbors a secret hatred / of the prettiest girl in the room."

I feel bad for this woman along the lines of what Pandora described. She obviously has some sort of disorder, and unfortunately she's put it on display for all the world. I do think that sometimes a stunningly beautiful woman will face some negativity because of her looks. However, if someone is the target of long-term, widespread ire, my guess is that there's a bad personality to go with the face.

Of course, I read things like this and think :rolleyes: :shock: :nono: . Seriously? First world problems.

I can think of two women I've known who are really and truly stunning. They were both well-loved by their female peers, but they were also both really kind and humble women. They had to know they're gorgeous, but they didn't act as if they knew it, and they were just, you know, nice people. Goes a long way, that whole being nice thing.

ETA: Porridge--I think you're right! This has got to be a joke. Man, I totally fell for it.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

This reminds me of a girl I went to high school with, who is now a fb friend. Several times a week she'll have a post relating to how hot she is. Her license plate is something like 1HTBABE. She told a story the other day of how she got pulled over and when she asked what the problem was the officer said "Nothing, I just wanted to see 1HTBABE" and then proceeded to ask for her number. My DH is a cop and laughed when I showed him the story, no way that would happen. Today she has some rant about how someone called her fat, and she responded with "I'm fat, you're ugly, I can lose weight...and you'll still be ugly." Unfortunately, she got the reaction she wanted, with a few people commented about how she's not fat blah blah.

Here's the thing- while she may not be fat, she's is overweight. And she's not attractive. I bet if you asked her why some girls don't like her she would say they are jealous. When really it's more of a personality issue...as in, she's not nice.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Don't ask ME!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm I'd venture to guess he conceited personality turns off female friends...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HollyS|1333569438|3163500 said:
This very ordinary woman is convinced she's gorgeous, and if you're a woman and you disagree, well, then, you're obviously insanely jealous of her.

I don't know, Holly. Maybe it's my age, but she looks pretty darn good to me! She's not my ideal woman (that would be Vivian Leigh), but I think men would like her!

As a licensed mental health practitioner, I was never told there was a problem diagnosing someone as both beautiful and crazy, though, and this gal appears to qualify! She's obviously some clinician's dream example of a person with a narcissistic personality disorder or something similar and no observing ego who alienates women who might befriend her...but that doesn't mean she doesn't look good!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think this was originally posted on one of the british tabloids. They are always posting stupid articles like this, esp weird female ones. Ignore.

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock

I am thinking she has some sort of mental health issue that is contibuting to this belief (I am serious).

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Is it just me or does anyone else think she sort of looks like Rielle Hunter?

lulu

Ideal_Rock

Zoe|1333579406|3163594 said:

That's exactly who she reminded me of. Similar personalities too.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

Zoe|1333579406|3163594 said:

*snort*

Deb: I said the woman was average in the attractiveness department. Not stunning, just reasonably decent looking. As are most people. Certainly her looks won't open doors for her, garner her special favors, or make anyone jealous. She's either joking or delusional.

You know, I got a some 'second looks' from a few men when I was all glammed up for a recent event . . . but . . . I don't kid myself that anyone finds me drop-dead gorgeous. So few of us qualify in the public's opinion. (Well, Haven does. But not me.) I seriously doubt the world at large is this gal's oyster because of her looks.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

I'm currently in an IM debate with two friends. I said this girl is average, maybe a 6.5. One of my friends said she's an 8. No freaking way. So she said "well you're not a guy, you need to ask guys." I asked two coworkers and they both said 6.

Then one of them said that the reaction she's getting from the article just serves to prove the article's point. I said it would be doing that, if she were attractive. If Elizabeth Hurley wrote this article the reaction would be much different.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

at best she's a 4.2

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock

Maisie|1333575175|3163565 said:
I read her article and I couldn't work out whether she was being serious or not. I remember reading another piece she wrote for the Daily mail and it talks about how her husband will divorce her if she puts weight on. Sounds like a lovely healthy marriage to me :shock:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1342630/My-husband-says-hell-divorce-I-fat.html

And her husband has a huge beer gut hanging over his pants! (maybe a wine gut)

I would say woman don't like her because she sounds like a PITA and her husband is a pig.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

VapidLapid|1333583829|3163643 said:
at best she's a 4.2

I was grading her on a curve...I've spent about 1/3 of my life in places where the population is abnormally attractive- San Diego, Santa Barbara, Bay Area. Really I think she's about a 5, but I was adjusting for my skewed viewpoint.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

Maisie|1333575175|3163565 said:
I read her article and I couldn't work out whether she was being serious or not. I remember reading another piece she wrote for the Daily mail and it talks about how her husband will divorce her if she puts weight on. Sounds like a lovely healthy marriage to me :shock:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1342630/My-husband-says-hell-divorce-I-fat.html

Wow. That article is even worse than the "too pretty" one! Her husband is a ugly jerk.

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock

You know, I have never been a bridesmaid either. I always put it down to my very best friends either having lots of sisters or eloping, but now I know they were just jealous of me for being too beautiful. Sigh, if only I knew. I could have assured them that I would wear a sack so as not to show them up. That may not have worked of course as my natural beauty would shine through that burlap. What can you do? It is hard to be me.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Sigh . . .

I don't know if they've renamed the mental disorders, but I think this used to be called Delusions of Grandeur.

Because if she's not a mental case, and she really is considered pretty, then I've got to get me one of those receding female hairlines right away! And the matching muffin top! And the cunning little dark roots! And those doughy shoulders!

And the Super Mario husband! Is he balding too?!! How adorable!

I love when couples have matching hairlines! :appl:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Meow, ladies.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

:oops: Pish posh, Holly. You're just trying to prove how NOT JEALOUS you are by throwing me a compliment. Sneaky sneaky. I see what you did there. :cheeky:

I totally agree with you, though. This woman has an ego problem. A really, really big one.

Maybe the upside of all this attention will be that she can get some help, gain some insight about what's really keeping people at bay, and make some friends. It could happen, right?

(And thank you, friend. You are too kind.)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

amc80|1333583919|3163647 said:
VapidLapid|1333583829|3163643 said:
at best she's a 4.2

I was grading her on a curve...I've spent about 1/3 of my life in places where the population is abnormally attractive- San Diego, Santa Barbara, Bay Area. Really I think she's about a 5, but I was adjusting for my skewed viewpoint.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And iLander:
by iLander » 04 Apr 2012 18:54
Sigh . . .

I don't know if they've renamed the mental disorders, but I think this used to be called Delusions of Grandeur.

Because if she's not a mental case, and she really is considered pretty, then I've got to get me one of those receding female hairlines right away! And the matching muffin top! And the cunning little dark roots! And those doughy shoulders!

And the Super Mario husband! Is he balding too?!! How adorable!

I love when couples have matching hairlines!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is truly such a burden to be perfect 24/7. When does she get enough rest with that kind of pressure??? Poor girl - we just WISH we could be as perfect as her. I know I sure do.... :rolleyes:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results