shape
carat
color
clarity

THIS woman thinks she's too pretty to be liked?? Seriously?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Re: THIS woman thinks she's too pretty to be liked?? Seriou

It is sad that she feels the need to apply such judgements to herself, and then have to make up delusions about her value against such empty criteria. She must spend a lot of time coming up with narratives to herself that make up to her fantasy self for the short-comings of her real world self. Also sad that her total identity ( personal achievement, personality, intellectual development, humor, demeanor, compassion, congeniality...) is subordinate to her self perception of beauty and desirability, regardless of the fact that on that score she simply doesn't measure up.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

is she pretty ?? NO!!
she is a 4.1 in my book,and if i had a few drinks maybe i'll give her a 5.5

biggerliz

Rough_Rock

What a refreshing thread...not. What a poor day at PS when we're relegated to randomly hating on another woman who has confidence in her looks.

She is obviously not celebrity gorgeous. However, she is not fat/obese, so naturally she is prettier than 1/3 to 1/2 of the female population. At a minimum, she is average. And I am not sure what her husband has to do with how she looks objectively.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
biggerliz said:
What a refreshing thread...not. What a poor day at PS when we're relegated to randomly hating on another woman who has confidence in her looks.

She is obviously not celebrity gorgeous. However, she is not fat/obese, so naturally she is prettier than 1/3 to 1/2 of the female population. At a minimum, she is average. And I am not sure what her husband has to do with how she looks objectively.

So "naturally" she is prettier? Explain further please.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

biggerliz|1333596929|3163849 said:

well according to her other article her husband will divorce her if she gains weight...

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So you're saying heavy women can't be pretty? Sounds like you're doing a little hating yourself.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

No one here started her diatribe on haters hating her because of her beauty; she wrote about how her life has been fraught with problems relating to how lovely she is. "How refreshing. . . not."

Since she is NOT beautiful, and that's pretty much a unanimous response here and elsewhere around the 'net, her writing suggests she is a dipsh*t at best and delusional at worst. Certainly, no one would feel the need to be intimidated or enthralled by her radiant visage, as she so clearly implies. (Or her height, weight, hair, complexion, teeth, fashion sense, etc.)

I'm not at fault for merely calling your attention to her fantasy world. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with her, shaking our heads at her ridiculousness, feeling sorry for her, or even laughing. She did, after all, invite the flak she has received.

Or maybe she's just a troll. Trying to poke the internet audience into a feeding frenzy. If that's the case, she must be ecstatic 'bout now.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Are you saying us chubbies can't be pretty? Well thats upset me. I'm off for a big cake.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

GlamMosher|1333584732|3163659 said:
You know, I have never been a bridesmaid either. I always put it down to my very best friends either having lots of sisters or eloping, but now I know they were just jealous of me for being too beautiful. Sigh, if only I knew. I could have assured them that I would wear a sack so as not to show them up. That may not have worked of course as my natural beauty would shine through that burlap. What can you do? It is hard to be me.

:lol:

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock

Maisie|1333608435|3163907 said:

Are you saying us chubbies can't be pretty? Well thats upset me. I'm off for a big cake.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Masie that really made me laugh. I've just made cupcakes so I'll join you for one.

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock

I read the article and for the first half I thought she must deliberately be writing it to see what kind if reaction she gets - there is nothing wrong with the way she looks at all, she is averagely good looking and I'm sure all that extra confidence she has has adds to the overall attraction but she is not, to me at least, stunningly beautiful.

I think its completely deluded that she appears to blame so many negative reactions from others on her belief that she is so incredibly attractive that people are unable to control themselves around her.

I’ve been dropped by countless friends who felt threatened if I was merely in the presence of their other halves. If their partners dared to actually talk to me, a sudden chill would descend on the room.

Seriously?? She sounds like a pain in the ar*e, I suspect that the reason she has so few friends is her conceited, bad attitude.

justginger

Ideal_Rock

I've looked up this lady's articles - she MUST be doing these things to make waves and get attention. Articles about dressing expressly to please her male boss (and thus using sex appeal to get ahead at work), allowing her husband to choose all her clothes, not getting fat to avoid divorce, never complaining about your husband having a mistress, etc. It's just controversial, tongue wagging crap. She's an average looking woman who is, IMO, very clever. :devil:

princesss

Ideal_Rock

fiery|1333597943|3163856 said:
biggerliz said:

So "naturally" she is prettier? Explain further please.

Agreed. Honestly, I find this post as offensive as the posts you're complaining about.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

If this is inadvertent, it's the saddest meta-commentary ever. If it's deliberate, it's genius.

Anyway ... agree with the first bit. While Brick commits the (to my mind) cardinal sin of bagging on other women when she discusses all those jealous bosses of hers, who are obviously concerned with her looks and not her professional performance, the response she's gotten is really indicative of how much bile goes into the analysis of women's looks.

See also, any online discussion of a celebrity - people who are objectively gauged as attractive, since we pay to look at them - who has deviated from the norm. Comments on JSimps pregnancy weight gain, anybody? My take is that men feel entitled to pretty women to look at, and they take it personally when a lady gets less bonable for whatever reason - knocked up, hasn't shaved her legs, whatever.

What the hell is women's excuse?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

She's pretty, but she's not the prettiest woman in the world.

As to heavier women not being as attractive.... go google Sara Ramirez. She's my idol.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Circe|1333631143|3164013 said:

If this is inadvertent, it's the saddest meta-commentary ever. If it's deliberate, it's genius.

Anyway ... agree with the first bit. While Brick commits the (to my mind) cardinal sin of bagging on other women when she discusses all those jealous bosses of hers, who are obviously concerned with her looks and not her professional performance, the response she's gotten is really indicative of how much bile goes into the analysis of women's looks.

See also, any online discussion of a celebrity - people who are objectively gauged as attractive, since we pay to look at them - who has deviated from the norm. Comments on JSimps pregnancy weight gain, anybody? My take is that men feel entitled to pretty women to look at, and they take it personally when a lady gets less bonable for whatever reason - knocked up, hasn't shaved her legs, whatever.

I agree, Circe, that women's looks are judged by a ridiculous, unnatural and insulting standard. 100% with you there.

But I think this particular woman is directly asking for an evaluation of her looks.

Imagine if she had said "Look at me run! I am such a fabulous runner, other athletes are jealous of me! Other athletes are afraid to be in the same room with me," etc., etc. A normal reaction would be to evaluate her running skills. She's directly called attention to a singular aspect of herself, and everyone is reacting to that.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

justginger|1333625797|3163972 said:
I've looked up this lady's articles - she MUST be doing these things to make waves and get attention. Articles about dressing expressly to please her male boss (and thus using sex appeal to get ahead at work), allowing her husband to choose all her clothes, not getting fat to avoid divorce, never complaining about your husband having a mistress, etc. It's just controversial, tongue wagging crap. She's an average looking woman who is, IMO, very clever. :devil:

Was this article written on April 1st? There can be no other plausible explanation!

BTW, are there no sexual discrimination laws in her place of employment? However ridulous, if "true" that statement is pretty daming--for both her and her employer!

cheers--Sharon

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

I know a lady in real life just like her or more likely the act she is putting on online.
She even looks close to the same.
She thinks everyone hates her because she is pretty.
In reality the wives hate her because she is always flirting and hanging on married men.
Most men cant stand her because she is a total flake.
But there are a few guys who drool all over her like idiots which reinforces her fantasy.
What she don't get is they would be drooling over anything with breasts that hung all over them and flirted with them.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

iLander|1333635825|3164066 said:
Imagine if she had said "Look at me run! I am such a fabulous runner, other athletes are jealous of me! Other athletes are afraid to be in the same room with me," etc., etc. A normal reaction would be to evaluate her running skills. She's directly called attention to a singular aspect of herself, and everyone is reacting to that.

Exactly. You can't write an article about how [beautiful, athletic, smart, funny, etc.] you are without people evaluating the attribute being evaluated.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

thing2of2|1333632634|3164028 said:
Upgradable|1333621057|3163947 said:
So that's what Beau looks like. :lol:

BOOM! :lol: :lol: :lol: :appl: :appl: :appl:

No, not her. Everyone knows that Beau takes better pics of herself than that! (She really is pretty good with the camera, actually...)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

C'mon Kenny, you must recognize if a person is attractive or not? I can name you lots of people of both sexes VERY attractive! Just an honest opinion?

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock

My opinion EXACTLY. She wrote this knowing or at least hoping it would go viral and get her lots of attention for a blog or a book deal or something. Apparently she was even on a big UK morning show today. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2125464/Samantha-Brick-defends-Daily-Mail-article-Twitter-storm-This-Morning.html

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

QueenB29|1333642138|3164141 said:

My opinion EXACTLY. She wrote this knowing or at least hoping it would go viral and get her lots of attention for a blog or a book deal or something. Apparently she was even on a big UK morning show today. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2125464/Samantha-Brick-defends-Daily-Mail-article-Twitter-storm-This-Morning.html

Oh, good grief. I was right. She really is rather fugly up close in HD. Troll or in need of therapy? Either way, she's an a$$clown.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock

Circe|1333631143|3164013 said:

Circe, you might get a kick out of the following article, from that fine repository of articles from the field of sociological study:

http://www.cracked.com/article_19785_5-ways-modern-men-are-trained-to-hate-women.html

If you're not the type to keep up with ugly, soul-killing political controversies, let me catch you up: A while back, hugely popular political commentator Rush Limbaugh lost a bunch of advertisers because he publicly called a college girl a slut and a prostitute after she suggested that health insurance plans should cover birth control. But he's paid to say outrageous things. If you really want to feel all dead inside, you need to listen to what the regular folk were saying.

For instance, on crazy political message board FreeRepublic.com, posters referred to the girl in the above-referenced story (Sandra Fluke) as a "Nasty, disease-ridden plodding uterus, an utter skank crack-ho filthy whore, a prostitute slutbag juice-receptacle" and a "Sperm-burpin' gutter slut," and said she "... is so encrusted and used, that I had to throw out my flat-panel TV because her appearance on my TV infected it with AIDS, gonorrhea and syphilis." There are many, many more worse comments collected here and here and here...

...I'm going to quote a Free Republic thread again, because I quite frankly can't stop reading them. These are some comments they made about a female public figure, and I want you to guess who it is:

"Her face is so ugly you can smash it into some dough and make gorilla cookies."

"So fugly, I'd say 'don't even look'!!!"

"At least Medusa was modestly attractive by comparison."

"This person is disgusting and I would never trust 'it's' opinion on ANYTHING!"

Have you guessed? They're talking about Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

HollyS|1333642712|3164147 said:

Oh, good grief. I was right. She really is rather fugly up close in HD. Troll or in need of therapy? Either way, she's an a$$clown.

Oh come on Holly! If she was a PSer and posted her pic here, we'd all say she was gorgeous. She's not ugly...she's just not as stunning as she thinks she is. And if she doesn't think she's stunning but just wants attention, she's smart enough to go how to get it.

From the video, I think she's cute. I think it's too bad that she thinks women won't like her just because she is attractive...my guess it's her attitude that women find offputting (that mentality oozes through your pores whether you know it or not). And because she's probably flirtatious with men, I think they are responding more to her behavior than to her looks.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

I think these are my fave photos here: one of her "lovely" lined, sagging face and crooked teeth (how old is she, anyway?) and the other of her obvious muffin top. She better start dieting before her Weeble of a hubby tosses her for somone more svelte. :lol:

Sure, T-Gal. She can pass for cute. But she isn't talking about being "cute", is she. . . hmmm?

up close gorgeousness.jpg

ooo look at the muffin top.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal|1333643574|3164151 said:
HollyS|1333642712|3164147 said:

Oh come on Holly! If she was a PSer and posted her pic here, we'd all say she was gorgeous. She's not ugly...she's just not as stunning as she thinks she is. And if she doesn't think she's stunning but just wants attention, she's smart enough to go how to get it.

From the video, I think she's cute. I think it's too bad that she thinks women won't like her just because she is attractive...my guess it's her attitude that women find offputting (that mentality oozes through your pores whether you know it or not). And because she's probably flirtatious with men, I think they are responding more to her behavior than to her looks.

but she's not flirtatious at all! they just keep opening doors for her and giving her free stuff based solely on her looks!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh come on Holly! If she was a PSer and posted her pic here, we'd all say she was gorgeous.

T-Gal-I agree! In fact, in this picture I think she is gorgeous! Since when does five extra pounds make a gorgeous woman not gorgeous? Jeez!!! If she looked like this in every picture, I'd give her an award!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

Attachments

• HaystackPhoto.bmp
    534.4 KB · Views: 276

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

HollyS|1333643632|3164153 said:
I think these are my fave photos here: one of her "lovely" lined, sagging face and crooked teeth (how old is she, anyway?) and the other of her obvious muffin top. She better start dieting before her Weeble of a hubby tosses her for somone more svelte. :lol:

Sure, T-Gal. She can pass for cute. But she isn't talking about being "cute", is she. . . hmmm?

And those things can't be beautiful? How many people for years have called Susan Sarandon gorgeous and she has a few of the things on your list?

slg, I have a friend who is 5'11" and blonde. She's attractive, but if i posted a picture of her, no one would say she's stunning because she's 41 and also has wrinkles now too. Anytime I go out with her, I'm amazed at how many men DO open doors for her and give her free stuff. She once got a free lobster at a lobster festival because she told the guy "Ooh, I've never tried lobster before...is it good?" He said, "Well, have one!" Now, she actually had lobster before and was joking, but still.

The average person who is probably reacting to her these days doesn't often seen a person of true stunning beauty. Therefore someone of average prettiness is going to get a lot of attention.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

AGBF|1333644163|3164164 said:
Oh come on Holly! If she was a PSer and posted her pic here, we'd all say she was gorgeous.

T-Gal-I agree! In fact, in this picture I think she is gorgeous! Since when does five extra pounds make a gorgeous woman not gorgeous? Jeez!!! If she looked like this in every picture, I'd give her an award!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

She does benefit from the far-away-shot here with a bit of fuzziness. :bigsmile: But, no, nothing at all wrong with her photo here . . . except . . .

She's the one who talked about how trim she was. I'm not throwing stones at her for a bit of a bulge. There is a difference between being a hater and someone pointing out the obvious flaws in her argument.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results