shape
carat
color
clarity

There''s a squirrel peeing on my doormat !

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 12:37:12 PM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 9/13/2008 12:34:27 PM

Author: coatimundi

Date: 9/13/2008 12:28:43 PM

Date: 9/13/2008 12:25:41 PM

haHAAA! Ellen, that is CRAZY!

There is a fat squirrel (''Fatty'') in our backyard--he''s as big as a CAT I swear!(ok, small cat) He''s marked our yard as his--anyway, he chewed up ALL of our patio seat cushions and turned them into nest material. He''s a JERK!(but we love him anyway!) Once he started chewing, we just let him continue, because we thought it was so crazy and hilarious--he would do it right in front of us! We have subsequently bought new cushions--and now store them in the garage. He also barks(squawky-like) at our dog, Gary.

Aggressive squirrels!

LOL! I have had them swearing at me before, Coaties they sort of do a loud drawn out sharp EEEEEH preceded by little squawks of irritation...Bless ''em!

I know! They are so cute! I love the critters. They can be really loud with that hissy/squawk. Fatty sits up in the tree and glowers down at us--squawking. We always tell him to calm down--we know it''s his yard after all.
9.gif
I leave almonds out for him--he''s quite a fixture over here--albeit a crazy and demanding one!

Oh precious!! I knew someone years ago who had a pet squirrel, he was a little so and so! I would love to see some peetures of Fatty Coaties!! Where I live there is a tree line near my fields, sometimes I can be out there picking up horse poo, minding my own business - only to get cursed at by some irate squirrel - I end up doing it back to him....EEEEEH!

haHA! Cursing squirrels! so cute!
36.gif
(I''ve had whole conversations with Fatty
3.gif
)

I''m going to try to get a picture of him today for you. I think I have a photo of our seat cushions--so funny!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2008 12:42:31 PM

36.gif
3.gif
)

I''m going to try to get a picture of him today for you. I think I have a photo of our seat cushions--so funny!
Oooh I would love to see the pic of Fatty please!!
41.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Ellen this is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Skippy has a turtle that visits her and you have a squirrel that pees on your doormat, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, I am sorry, but I am dying laughing here.

I don''t know what to say or any advice to off, except to get a new door mat. Maybe you should offer him a peanut???
9.gif

Linda

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 12:51:15 PM

36.gif
3.gif
)

41.gif

*heading out back to find Fatty!* haHA!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2008 12:53:50 PM

Date: 9/13/2008 12:51:15 PM

36.gif
3.gif
)

41.gif

*heading out back to find Fatty!* haHA!
Hehehe!!!
31.gif

Linda, I agree that Ellen should give him a peanut or two, almonds even seeing how Coaties'' Fatty loves them so much!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
They are cute outside, but once they figure out how to get in - not so much.
The first flying squirrel that got in we caught and fed nuts and let it go.
The kids named him Nutty the Flying Squirrel.
Wouldn''t you know it - back in a an hour for more cashews!
Then we learned that you need to relocate them.
We didn''t know that our house was the designated National Convention center for flying squirrels, but after relocating 12 of them, apparently it is. And Flying squirrels are nocturnal, so this all happens in the middle of the night. And they can jump up, down , side to side - you never know what they are going to do. The worst was when I once opened the cupboard, and one poped out. I wish I was jokong!
32.gif

ScreenSnapz.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG ILC!! So cute!!!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 1:07:16 PM
OMG ILC!! So cute!!!

.....but not in your bedroom...

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Coati, Does Gary ever see Fatty???? ha ha ha ha

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 1:06:29 PM
Author: iluvcarats

We didn''t know that our house was the designated National Convention center for flying squirrels, but after relocating 12 of them, apparently it is. And Flying squirrels are nocturnal, so this all happens in the middle of the night. And they can jump up, down , side to side - you never know what they are going to do. The worst was when I once opened the cupboard, and one poped out. I wish I was jokong!
32.gif

He is adorable. Maybe you should rename him Rock the flying squirrel, after Rocky and Bullwinkle
9.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 1:10:50 PM
Author: Linda W

32.gif

He is adorable. Maybe you should rename him Rock the flying squirrel, after Rocky and Bullwinkle

9.gif

During this time DH and I were calling each other Boris and Natasha......haha I had forgotten about that

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 1:08:29 PM
Coati, Does Gary ever see Fatty???? ha ha ha ha

Linda

heehee Linda! Gary used to face off with Fatty, but now he's so used to him that he doesn't pay much attention. Fatty definitely notices Gary though, and he squawks at him whenever he sees him. How does Mazie react to squirrels--and vice versa?

ILC--that is so CRAZY and cute!!
36.gif
Flying squirrels are cool!--maybe not flying out of your cupboards, though!

eta: Lorelei, I put some almonds out for Fatty--I could hear him, but I couldn't see him--he's somewhere out there! I want to get a good photo of him.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2008 1:08:13 PM

Date: 9/13/2008 1:07:16 PM
OMG ILC!! So cute!!!

.....but not in your bedroom...
LOL - maybe not!

Coaties, I hope Fatty presents himself once he realizes his delicious almonds await him!
16.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
coati, That is so funny with Gary, bless his heart. Mazie only sees squirrels, if we go camping then she woofs her head off. They are all over the place camping. They just sit up and look at her like they are saying "yea right" ha ha ha ha.

She hates crows though. If they sit on our back fence, she tears out of her doggy dog and chases them off the fence. It is so funny to watch her.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, I'm practically crying here.
lol.gif

LS, bat poop? MAJOR EW!
40.gif
And thanks for the link.
9.gif

MGR, they really are entertaining at times. I'm sure I'll become friends with some when my boys leave the nest. Right now, 3 "animals" is enough.
2.gif

Sharon, silly me. What a FAB idea, why didn't I think of that? Thank you!!
slap4.gif
9.gif

iluvcarats, ok, I would have to draw the line at flying squirells, in my HOME! Not sure how I would do that, but I would. And I can only imagine how you felt when you opened the cabinet. I did that with a drawer once and had a mouse fly out, I thought I was gonna stroke.
lol.gif

aj, the day I come to you about roo's, I've got bigger issues than a squirrel peeing on my mat.
lol3.gif
But thanks anyway!

purrfect, funny. Verrrry funny.
25.gif

coati, too funny. You named him and everything. Not so funny about the cushions though. lol at calling him a jerk.
9.gif

girlie, thanks for the link! At least I have a small arsenal of cleaners now. Frankly, I wasn't expecting so many truly helpful suggestions. I mean, this is not an everyday problem!
36.gif

Linda, maybe I should trade with Skippy?!
27.gif
9.gif
And no, I am not feeding him, he'll have to forage for his own food.
25.gif

I got to thinking. We used to have 4 huge Oak trees, now we're down to two due to lightening. Maybe he's just pissed.
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
32.gif
OMG, he looks like a little superhero! Da da-da DAAAAA!
superheroflying.gif

Ellen, I totallly understand about your oriental rugs . . . you definitely need a serious doormat outside to keep stuff from getting tracked all over them I guess! How about this: totally do away with your doormat and get a Scrusher: http://www.scrusher.com/ (I love their little motto: "You can stop it all with a Scrusher!" Even squirrel pee?!?! LOL!)

We have a few squirrels around our house. There''s one in particular who likes to walk across the top edge of our fence while our three dogs are outside so he can torment them! He walks back and forth up there and mouths off, while the dogs are all trying unsuccessfully to reach him! If they happen to go outside at a time when he''s on the ground, they try to chase him, but he''s WAAAAAY too fast for them! LOL!

Also, our local squirrels seem to think that our yard is THE PLACE to bury their peanuts! I can''t even tell you how many peanuts we''ve found buried in our flower bed . . . yes, the one where Woodrow likes to poop! If I were the squirrels, I would rethink my favorite peanut burying spot!
40.gif

OK, you guys are making me laugh so hard that I''m about to pee . . . on the couch!!! I wonder how DH would deal with that?!?! Probably post on his bass boat message board, asking how to get wife pee out of your couch! LOL!
11.gif
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 9:21:54 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 9/13/2008 9:04:57 AM
Author: thing2of2
That''s hilarious! I have never heard of a squirrel doing something like that! Strange. No helpful hints here, though...good luck!
Really? And here I thought I''d get a ton of suggestions.
lol.gif
2.gif
Remove the doormat? At least until he develops the habit of peeing on your neighbors mat instead?[
31.gif
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 1:53:24 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
superheroflying.gif

Ellen, I totallly understand about your oriental rugs . . . you definitely need a serious doormat outside to keep stuff from getting tracked all over them I guess! How about this: totally do away with your doormat and get a Scrusher: http://www.scrusher.com/ (I love their little motto: ''You can stop it all with a Scrusher!'' Even squirrel pee?!?! LOL!)

We have a few squirrels around our house. There''s one in particular who likes to walk across the top edge of our fence while our three dogs are outside so he can torment them! He walks back and forth up there and mouths off, while the dogs are all trying unsuccessfully to reach him! If they happen to go outside at a time when he''s on the ground, they try to chase him, but he''s WAAAAAY too fast for them! LOL!

Also, our local squirrels seem to think that our yard is THE PLACE to bury their peanuts! I can''t even tell you how many peanuts we''ve found buried in our flower bed . . . yes, the one where Woodrow likes to poop! If I were the squirrels, I would rethink my favorite peanut burying spot!
40.gif

OK, you guys are making me laugh so hard that I''m about to pee . . . on the couch!!! I wonder how DH would deal with that?!?! Probably post on his bass boat message board, asking how to get wife pee out of your couch! LOL!
11.gif
9.gif
lol3.gif

And thank you for the link! WHY have I never heard of this thing?? I needed this like, decades ago.
11.gif

Holly, lol. Think I could train him? Like, just keep inching the mat towards their house?
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2008 2:34:34 PM

Date: 9/13/2008 1:53:24 PM
superheroflying.gif

Ellen, I totallly understand about your oriental rugs . . . you definitely need a serious doormat outside to keep stuff from getting tracked all over them I guess! How about this: totally do away with your doormat and get a Scrusher: http://www.scrusher.com/ (I love their little motto: ''You can stop it all with a Scrusher!'' Even squirrel pee?!?! LOL!)

40.gif

11.gif
9.gif
lol3.gif

And thank you for the link! WHY have I never heard of this thing?? I needed this like, decades ago.
11.gif

Holly, lol. Think I could train him? Like, just keep inching the mat towards their house?
9.gif
Ellen, I love Scrushers! They really do work! I''ve been a horse person all my life, and most barns have them. I''ve been thinking about getting one for the house since DH often has gunk on his work boots when he gets home and he doesn''t seem to be very good at using the doormat!
20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 2:43:58 PM
Ellen, I love Scrushers! They really do work! I''ve been a horse person all my life, and most barns have them. I''ve been thinking about getting one for the house since DH often has gunk on his work boots when he gets home and he doesn''t seem to be very good at using the doormat!
20.gif
I bet! My middle one mows lawns, comes in with grass all over his shoes, even though I''ve repeatedly asked him to take his shoes off in the garage (he has managed to leave them in the kichen). This would be perfect, along with all the other misc. stuff 4 men can track in. I''m getting one!
36.gif

Wow, who knew? I come here with squirrel pee and leave with a life saver.
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
crush up mothballs and put them under the mat.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2008 2:51:09 PM

20.gif
I bet! My middle one mows lawns, comes in with grass all over his shoes, even though I''ve repeatedly asked him to take his shoes off in the garage (he has managed to leave them in the kichen). This would be perfect, along with all the other misc. stuff 4 men can track in. I''m getting one!
36.gif

9.gif
Well thank ya, thank ya verrah much!
encore.gif

Seriously, Ellen . . . this is PriceScope. Did you really expect anything less?!?! LOL!
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 2:57:44 PM

20.gif
36.gif

9.gif
encore.gif

Seriously, Ellen . . . this is PriceScope. Did you really expect anything less?!?! LOL!
9.gif

supa granny to the rescue
cheerleader1.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2008 3:00:34 PM

20.gif
36.gif

9.gif
encore.gif

9.gif

supa granny to the rescue
cheerleader1.gif
LINDA!!! I was just thinking that maybe the Supa Grannies need to pay a visit to Ellen''s inappropriately urinating squirrel!!!
paddle.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

36.gif

9.gif
encore.gif

9.gif
lol.gif
Ya know, I was thinking, only on this message board!

strm, I wondered about those! They are good for several things.

Linda, lol!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 3:03:08 PM
LINDA!!! I was just thinking that maybe the Supa Grannies need to pay a visit to Ellen''s inappropriately urinating squirrel!!!
paddle.gif
Oooh, yeah, and then we''ll have some tea! Or, drinks.
31.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2008 3:04:32 PM

paddle.gif
31.gif
drowning_in_wine.gif
drinksemot.gif
143.gif
Party%20for%20Skippy.gif
martini.gif

Um, yeah . . . I think I''ll be taking a pass on the tea! LOL!
2.gif
9.gif
11.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 3:04:32 PM

paddle.gif
31.gif

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/martini.gif ha ha ha ha, sounds good to me, but little squrley, will probably want the olive. http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/snicker.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey my little thingys didn''t work that time.
14.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results