Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: The Trumpet

About those guys from The Department of Energy: the one on the right is better looking. I think Trump judges on looks. The one on the right looks like a doctor on a soap opera.

AGBF

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1484851504|4116564 said:
Dancing Fire|1484850380|4116561 said:

Are you kidding me?

Pardons should be for low level crimes where no one was hurt nor our country compromised.

What reason did he give for pardoning these two winners?
Even the PS liberals couldn't come up with any good reasons for their release... ;))

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, the practice of pardoning is a complete joke. Presidents pardon a turkey each Thanksgiving, ffs. So stupid. Of course the two you posted are examples of the atrocity/audacity. That the option even exists for a Pres speaks to our justice system being flawed and ineffective. There's my liberal two cents. Just keeping Murica great for ya! Gonna go out and start a giant company and make thousands of jobs out of thin air next!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1484854433|4116601 said:
DF, the practice of pardoning is a complete joke. Presidents pardon a turkey each Thanksgiving, ffs. So stupid. Of course the two you posted are examples of the atrocity/audacity. That the option even exists for a Pres speaks to our justice system being flawed and ineffective. There's my liberal two cents. Just keeping Murica great for ya! Gonna go out and start a giant company and make thousands of jobs out of thin air next!

Just like Trump, the great businessman. Or, maybe not...I hope he doesn't do to American what he's done with his businesses.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/why-donald-trump-isn-t-the-successful-businessman-he-claims-to-be-us-elections-republican-politics-7173666.html

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1484848019|4116551 said:
One more day before the circus takes over government. If you haven't watched any of the confirmation hearings, you should. Scary stuff.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/sean-spicer-first-press-conference-233845

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/18/politics/trump-cabinet-confirmation-hearings-live/
I don't understand the point of these hearings. Most all of these people are being proven unqualified or shady, yet they will still be granted the position. Why are we wasting taxpayer money on this garbage?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From Occupy Democrats

Trump’s New Health Adviser Is Certifiably Insane
By Marisa Manfredo Posted on January 18, 2017

Incoming president Donald Trump is selling out the integrity of American policy in order to give kickbacks to right wing religious extremists. A federal government that recognizes its responsibility to the American public would choose a panel of health advisers who are experts in public health and up to date on the latest medical research. But rather than choose qualified advisers, Trump is giving favors to the religious right who nobly sold out their ‘values’ to vote for him in the 2016 election. He has named Katy Talento as his new health policy adviser, a woman who has deviated numerous times from scientific fact to push a religious agenda.

Most recently Talento has been propagating lies about how to stem the spread the Zika virus, which can cause debilitating birth defects if a woman contracts the virus during pregnancy. The virus is transmitted by mosquito bites and can also be sexually transmitted.

Talento released guidelines on how to stop transmission of Zika that including instructing women to, “sleep with your husband, with you snug under the covers and him on top of the covers, offering himself as human sacrifice to the mosquitos, who will pick the easier target.”

According to Talento, we need to sacrifice men to the mosquitos so that they can contract Zika and then potentially spread it to women because it is a sexually transmitted disease. Zika expert Dr. Nikos Vasilakis of the University of Texas says that this has no basis in fact. He told the press, “I don’t know where she’s getting her data from.”

In the past, Talento has been at the forefront of conservative movements to avoid dealing with the spread of HIV/AIDS and dissuade women from family planning. During the George H.W. Bush Administration conservatives lobbied against government-funded HIV/AIDS research during the epidemics most dire years. In 1992, three years into his term, HIV/AIDS became the number one cause of death for men aged 25-44.

In 2003, Talento took the helm of the anti-research campaign and inexplicably claimed that money to fund HIV/AIDS research was going to fund Russian prostitution. In 2003 the CDC trialed an ineffective HIV vaccine and discovered that 27,000 new infections every year were transmitted by someone who did not know that they were infected.

Talento brushed the crisis to the side and focused her attentions on stripping funding from research projects that, in addition to quelling the spread of HIV/AIDS in America, might also benefit Russian sex workers. She has also championed the demonstrably false claim that contraceptive pills cause abortions. In fact, contraceptive pills ensure that an egg is never fertilized, so there is nothing to possibly abort.

Trump is setting up his Administration to prefer ideology over science and appearances over results.
(bolded by Matata) In doing so, he is sacrificing the protection of health research funding and scientifically-informed guidelines that are poised to help an entire generation of Americans.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1484889565|4116806 said:
Tekate|1484875394|4116750 said:
Dancing Fire|1484850380|4116561 said:

I don't agree with either of them especially Lopez.
:-o ..For once you disagree with Prez. Obama?... :bigsmile:

I'm not always so liberal and national security is one spot that I am somewhat conservative on. :)

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results